Looking for a NovelAI Vore Module

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Looking for a NovelAI Vore Module

Postby Eka » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:11 pm

notitthrowaway wrote:I just literally didn't consider that using their work as part of a source material bundle like this (which won't be accessible to random users of the module), even without permission, would be considered disrespectful

It is absolutely disrespectful to share a dataset created by material that hasn't gotten the appropriate permission from all of the source material in the process of this dataset's creation. When you are sharing a dataset or the creation based on a dataset, it should be your responsibility to make sure every source material in the dataset is obtained in respectful means. ie: not just ripped off someone's website.

It kind of feels like "go ahead and download this for personal, non-commercial use" is the default assumption in this case,

I wasn't talking about personal, non-commercial use. If you are making it for yourself. No one care. Once you started sharing it or redistributing it, which, as I specified, someone was talking about, it is no longer personal. That should obviously include any datasets.

Artists who grant permission for anything other than personal use already use the CC license specification. If you don't see it, don't redistribute it.

notitthrowaway wrote:Upon re-reading the thread, it still doesn't feel like anyone was disrespecting authors or suggesting actions that would be disrespectful...

Look at the post I was replying to. I am 100% not okay with the narrative by bringing some legal history as some type of implication or suggestion that long as it is legal to do so you are free to do whatever you want. Things being legal should be the bare minimum. This site isn't based on just the bare mininium.
Eka
Administrator

Postby AlluringPredation » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:45 pm

Eka wrote:
AlluringPredation wrote:I'm 100% not okay with the narrative trying to set here.

If you wish to take copyright material into OpenAI or any other type of Machine Learning/processing system to generate something, that is entirely your right, but if you plan on sharing those materials somewhere, which, a few people are talking about doing so, don't expect this site to encourage this behavior unless you obtain permission from artist involved in the dataset.

I am going to make it really clear here. How artists want their use should be respected. This site should have already made it really easy to obtain permission and provide a source for them. This is not a legal question. If I keep seeing this sort of unwillingness to respect artist and their work on the same site they publish their work, I am just going to have to ask you all to go somewhere else for this.

Here is a sample text of a module:

Code: Select all
{"moduleVersion":1,"data":"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

There is no process capable of reverse engineering back to source material, even if you had full access to the AI Module or Fine-tune dataset it could not be done. If this indecipherable jumble of alphanumerics constitutes sharing of material, and it's ability to influence writing style is deemed disrespectful. I'll jump through some hoops.

Personally, I see it as no different from referencing art, or keeping in mind descriptions seen in previous writings. To me that would be saying, "You can't draw people like that in that way because I already do," because you may have been inspired by their art, or "Your writing style and methods of describing acts are too close to mine," because you love their stories or descriptions.

This 1% snippet was created from my own writing, as such it breaks no rules to share.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Eka » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 pm

AlluringPredation wrote:There is no process capable of reverse engineering back to source material, even if you had full access to the AI Module or Fine-tune dataset it could not be done. If this indecipherable jumble of alphanumerics constitutes sharing of material, and it's ability to influence writing style is deemed disrespectful. I'll jump through some hoops.

This talking-point makes zero sense.

Just because the end result can not be reversed back to the source material doesn't mean the source material is unrelated.

Let me put it this way. If the source material is irrelevant, don't use it. See how far that kinda logic gets you. The ability to scrambles something beyond recognition doesn't make it respectful to leave the original creators out of the picture.

Personally, I see it as no different from referencing art, or keeping in mind descriptions seen in previous writings. To me that would be saying, "You can't draw people like that in that way because I already do," because you may have been inspired by their art, or "Your writing style and methods of describing acts are too close to mine," because you love their stories or descriptions.

Long as you understand this is a "personal" interpretation, that is fine. Let the artists make their own personal interpretation by giving them the chance to decline.
Eka
Administrator

Postby AlluringPredation » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Eka wrote:Long as you understand this is a "personal" interpretation, that is fine. Let the artists make their own personal interpretation by giving them the chance to decline.

This is the plan.

While people might share a lot of great names and wonderful stories. Not all are best suited or possible for use without major effort, it can take hours to proper format a lengthy story for inclusion. Asking people before a story has been read and evaluated would result in needlessly pestering creators, and each story deserves to be read, for their merits and to enjoy. Then as much as I would love for people to say 'yes' should I tap ask their permission, because that means their quality of writing is ranked with professional authors (some of you are, holy shit!)

It's understood it's their right to decline.

For anyone concerned about 'modules' currently out in the wild, none of them were formatted correctly and are thus unusable for their intended purpose. Regardless of how good the source material is, if not processed by hand correctly the data becomes corrupted. Which I feel disrespectful in another way, to put someone's name on something non-nonfunctional.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby AlluringPredation » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:20 pm

After testing I've decided to shelve this thing for the time being. The AI's attention span is too small to handle expert level descriptions with adjectives included. It turns into well described events loosely related yet incoherently assembled. Should I come back to this at a later point I'll be tapping people for permissions, which may take up to a year or more due to current chip shortage is preventing Eleuthur from creating a future model.

Basically word are converted into 'tokens', where some words receive their own tokens other words might be comprised of multiple.

The sentence below converts into 10 tokens. Well within it's attention range:
The fox jumps the fence and lands in grass.
The| fox| jumps| the| fence| and| lands| in| grass|

The kind of output that results from a well put-together modules is below, and the current model AI's attention range is 12 tokens where it starts to drop off towards 18 tokens:
The russet fox's quick stride allows an effortless leap over the old picket fence, retaining momentum as the lean canidae sprints into the field's tall grass.
The| r|uss|et| fox|'s| quick| stride| allows| an| effort|less| leap| over| the| old| pick|et| fence|,| retaining| momentum| as| the| lean| can|idae| sprint|s| into| the| field|'s| tall| grass|.
Quality writing results in heavy token usage, 36 tokens in this example. It's far easier for the AI to get lost, to the point I feel it's not worth the effort to spend a dozen or so hours going through stories to properly format them for a module.

People's jobs are safe. And I'm sorry for upsetting a few individuals with my earlier post, I don't who exactly, only that there were people unhappy.
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:10 pm

I got a message about this on my page and declined to have my work included. It will take things out of context of my work and I'm not comfortable with that at all. It loses all the intention the stories originally had.

And after reading here that this person messaging me and others didn't even find it disrespectful to do so without permission doesn't sit well with me at all. In addition to the fact that they were apparently already intending to do this without asking permission at first AND offering the story copies out to others. You didn't mention this in your message you mass sent to us, notitthrowaway. I found this thread because a friend mentioned to me that it was where this originated.

I also want to thank Eka for stepping in on behalf of the writers/creators in this.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby minakotomoka14 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Yeah hell no, that's absolutely not cool. As a writer, I do not grant any permission for that kind of thing and stealing people's stories without permission to use for your vore bot is REALLY messed up. I wouldn't want my work copied and fed to some bot to get spat out as something else completely out of context, something that was never my original intention with the stories to start with. This whole thing personally bothers me a lot and I don't appreciate it.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby notitthrowaway » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Hello, yes, I have started to reach out to people for permission. I'm not even sure if I'm GOING to end up creating a module, for personal use or to share, but after the discussion with Eka in here I did send out requests just in case, and to gauge people's feelings about such a thing if nothing else. Let me try to clarify a few things.

Chameleonette wrote:I got a message about this on my page and declined to have my work included. It will take things out of context of my work and I'm not comfortable with that at all.

Absolutely, as is your right. Regardless of your reasons, and even before any of this discussion, if someone tells me that they don't want their work used as part of a project like that, it won't be used. Simple as that.

Chameleonette wrote:And after reading here that this person messaging me and others didn't even find it disrespectful to do so without permission doesn't sit well with me at all. In addition to the fact that they were apparently already intending to do this without asking permission at first AND offering the story copies out to others. You didn't mention this in your message you mass sent to us, notitthrowaway.

Two points here:
1) I was originally intending to create and possibly share a module without asking permission. True, I won't deny that. It wasn't out of malice though, I just didn't realize anyone would possibly care, which is something I have now definitely been made aware of.
2) "Offering the story copies out to others". Let's be clear -- if an AI module is created from a bunch of stories, that module itself is certainly influenced by those stories, but there's practically no raw information from the original stories in it to be shared. At most, it might use a particular word or phrase a bit more because it was used in a few of the stories in the data set. I don't think it's fair to say that sharing the module would be sharing the stories themselves, even though the author's right to control their work's role in (or omission from) the creation of the module should still be respected. And of course, if I ever share a full story from Eka's, I always have and will just give the link to where it's posted. EDIT: Actually, although that is how I normally approach sharing stories, I realize now that I did also offer to send downloaded story files from this site specifically for the purpose of collecting data for training (I wouldn't just send them out to anyone), which was a misstep. I also definitely won't do that without permission either.

minakotomoka14 wrote:... stealing people's stories without permission to use for your vore bot... I wouldn't want my work copied and fed to some bot...

Again, that's absolutely your right, something which I was ignorant about but have since been made aware of. If I'm totally, completely honest, I personally still sort of think that people should make a point of saying they don't want their work used for this sort of thing (totally their choice), rather than expecting it to always be ask-first if it's been posted publicly... BUT I also really don't want to disrespect people, that's not what I'm trying to do. I wasn't trying to sneak around and steal work, I just misunderstood how people felt about its use. And regardless of any of my own opinions, if someone wants to refuse that their work be used, that's totally fine and I'll respect that. It doesn't matter what I think, if most people expect to be asked for permission for something like this, that's what should be done. That's why I'm now going around asking people instead of, you know, just doing it anyway. And some are declining, which is both enlightening, and again... totally fine. Those wishes will be respected.

This whole thing has been humbling, I made a mistaken assumption and learned from the response. I will now and in the future ask for permission before using people's work like this.
Last edited by notitthrowaway on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby AlluringPredation » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:42 pm

I get that people are emotionally invested but understand that "Vore bot" is an oversimplification of a process that is not advanced to begin with, it's like android's auto-complete box on steroids.

What an AI only "knows" is what's included in it's original data crawl, and it has no concept or understanding or the words it's spitting out, only what words tend to appear in which context. The next level is fine-tuning, and that tends to draw out desired outcomes in the training, it may occasionally get something correct.

A module's teaches nothing, a single 20-40kb story is diluted down with up to 50MB of other stories, shuffled around like a box of scrabble letters to see what happens and shoved into a 200kB package to influence a mammoth 1TB data-set. A module can only influence is story structure, theme, prose, grammar and punctuation. A module can not teach the AI something it is not already trained on. I took my own stories along with some classical literature (I'm a fan of medieval so there's plenty of open-source content available), and despite this none of my repeat characters made an appearance, no Alice and a rabbit though characters were more likely to have watches and the setting a bit more whimsical, Cthulu did not make an appearance though some of my demi-human characters had tentacles at odd intervals.

A module can not teach. It can not take one character from one story and drop it directly in a new story like some fanfic you see all over this site. I have reoccurring characters than never appear, ever. So it doesn't know that James is dating Amy whose secretly dating Jenna whose really pining for Bob, it just doesn't work like that. A module simply is a minor influence that maybe it know that "eat you" is not a euphemism for oral sex, and you can swallow a whole person without chewing please for the love of god stop biting people's necks.

Aside from only knowing what's in the training data, it also only knows inputted context fed to the AI itself, which is limited approximately 1400 words. To truly defile someone's creation an individual would have to purposely enter the information into ongoing active context. Like the vast majority of this entire site.
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Notgeti » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:57 pm

notitthrowaway wrote: 1) I was originally intending to create and possibly share a module without asking permission. True, I won't deny that. It wasn't out of malice though, I just didn't realize anyone would possibly care, which is something I have now definitely been made aware of.
2) "Offering the story copies out to others". Let's be clear -- if an AI module is created from a bunch of stories, that module itself is certainly influenced by those stories, but there's practically no raw information from the original stories in it to be shared. At most, it might use a particular word or phrase a bit more because it was used in a few of the stories in the data set. I don't think it's fair to say that sharing the module would be sharing the stories themselves, even though the author's right to control their work's role in (or omission from) the creation of the module should still be respected. And of course, if I ever share a full story from Eka's, I always have and will just give the link to where it's posted.

These points should be the big takeaway here, honestly. I fully understand and respect any author's decision to decline permission on this matter, but to take it as a personal affront feels like quite a large misunderstanding. I STRONGLY urge other authors to not let this thread leave a bad impression of NAI modules (or the NAI community for that matter) upon them. The premise being that someone considered your writing so good that you could show it to an AI and say: "See? That's how it's done. That's good stuff."

It's certainly a matter of perspective, but in my personal opinion, the healthy outlook here is that anyone intending to use stories as AI teaching material (with permission, of course,) only wished to do so out of a deep appreciation for the author, and their style of writing. Please understand that we were not coming from a place of disrespect.

notitthrowaway wrote:I wasn't trying to sneak around and steal work, I just misunderstood how people felt about its use. And regardless of any of my own opinions, if someone wants to refuse that their work be used, that's totally fine and I'll respect that.

1000000% this, however,
AlluringPredation wrote:Understand that "Vore bot" is an oversimplification of a process that is not advanced to begin with.
Notgeti
New to the forum

Postby heromc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:23 am

Instead of piggybacking off of the amazing talent of this community without even asking for permission, why not simply try making a game that fits what you're looking for?

There are more resources on writing and coding out there that'll take any beginner to a level of competency where they can start a project like that. It's literally why I started my game, and I'm sure if you guys pooled your efforts into that rather than stealing the efforts of others, you'd make quite the experience :)
Vore Game: FightFuckFeed.me - 750,000 smutty words and counting!
Bunns are not food!
heromc
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Notgeti » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:59 am

heromc wrote:Instead of piggybacking off of the amazing talent of this community without even asking for permission, why not simply try making a game that fits what you're looking for?

There are more resources on writing and coding out there that'll take any beginner to a level of competency where they can start a project like that. It's literally why I started my game, and I'm sure if you guys pooled your efforts into that rather than stealing the efforts of others, you'd make quite the experience :)

As already stated... piggybacking/disrespect was never the intention, and permission will be requested.
I don't mean to be rude, and I have to mention that I enjoyed your game quite a bit, but I think you're misunderstanding what we were trying to accomplish here. AI models like GPT-J-6b (Jax) and its derivatives/finetunes can't "just" be made (or ran, for that matter, considering the absolutely BEEFY hardware required,) by the average layman. I highly recommend joining the NovelAI discord server if you're at all curious as to how any of it actually functions. I really hope you, and everyone else, can come to appreciate the opportunity presented by things like NAI for the literary vore community as a whole.
I'm sensing a lot of negative vibes over this, and it deeply saddens me, as it's rather unwarranted, shortsighted, and a massive waste of potential.
Notgeti
New to the forum

Postby VaguenessIncoming » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:57 am

Notgeti wrote:I really hope you, and everyone else, can come to appreciate the opportunity presented by things like NAI for the literary vore community as a whole.

I've been seeing this sentiment a lot, and I would like to know what exactly the opportunity in question is.
Check out my work right here. Leave some feedback, it's much appreciated! I also do commissions.

Buy my books!
VaguenessIncoming
Somewhat familiar

Postby Notgeti » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:10 am

VaguenessIncoming wrote:
Notgeti wrote:I really hope you, and everyone else, can come to appreciate the opportunity presented by things like NAI for the literary vore community as a whole.

I've been seeing this sentiment a lot, and I would like to know what exactly the opportunity in question is.

NAI can be used as an assistive writing tool. It can be used to spark creative ideas and explore interesting story premises. I fail to see how these points aren't inherently obvious. It's a fantastic tool FOR authors.
Notgeti
New to the forum

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:17 am

VaguenessIncoming wrote:I've been seeing this sentiment a lot, and I would like to know what exactly the opportunity in question is.

For me personally the opportunity is that, it provides a way for me to get words onto the page when my brain is struggling to make ideas. It fills in the blanks and gives me prompts off of which to continue.

In essence, it's a similar concept to doing an RP, but you don't have to worry about your 'partner' being uncomfortable with the subject matter, nor about yourself being uncomfortable with role-playing such an intimate subject with others.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Notgeti » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:20 am

DollyFailFail wrote:
VaguenessIncoming wrote:I've been seeing this sentiment a lot, and I would like to know what exactly the opportunity in question is.

For me personally the opportunity is that, it provides a way for me to get words onto the page when my brain is struggling to make ideas. It fills in the blanks and gives me prompts off of which to continue.

In essence, it's a similar concept to doing an RP, but you don't have to worry about your 'partner' being uncomfortable with the subject matter, nor about yourself being uncomfortable with role-playing such an intimate subject with others.

This is 100% the correct approach! Also whoops, I forgot to liken it to RP, seriously fantastic point.
Notgeti
New to the forum

Postby Ryujin » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:59 am

Notgeti wrote:
VaguenessIncoming wrote:

NAI can be used as an assistive writing tool. It can be used to spark creative ideas and explore interesting story premises. I fail to see how these points aren't inherently obvious. It's a fantastic tool FOR authors.

From an outside perspective, you are having an interaction on a public forum with a well-respected author. A statement like "I fail to see how these points aren't inherently obvious" doesn't really help a statement like "I really hope you, and everyone else, can come to appreciate the opportunity presented by things like NAI for the literary vore community as a whole."

Maybe it's not intended to come off that way or you're having a rough day, but (for me at least) the above interaction doesn't exactly create a great impression. It pretty much kills any desire I would have to interact or assist.

That being said, I can understand the frustration that may come from trying to do something you view as helpful and having it blow up a bit in your face. Just wanted to provide my two cents. I hope you have a great day and I wish you success in your future endeavors. :)
Ryujin
New to the forum

Postby VaguenessIncoming » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:37 am

These points aren't inherently obvious to anyone not already in the know; not all of us use or are familiar with these kinds of tools. None of the creators contacted to offer their content to the algorithm were told about these supposed benefits, so we cannot be blamed for being, naturally, on the back foot.

With that said, the answer tracks, thank you for providing it. I look forward to reading the stories that will be written with its assistance.
Check out my work right here. Leave some feedback, it's much appreciated! I also do commissions.

Buy my books!
VaguenessIncoming
Somewhat familiar

Postby notitthrowaway » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:38 pm

VaguenessIncoming wrote:These points aren't inherently obvious to anyone not already in the know; not all of us use or are familiar with these kinds of tools. None of the creators contacted to offer their content to the algorithm were told about these supposed benefits, so we cannot be blamed for being, naturally, on the back foot.

That's my bad, so once again, I apologize. I was too hasty in sending out my permission requests, so instead of using PMs (which would have given me more room to explain, but were rate-limited) I opted for the shout box. I over-estimated how familiar people would be with these sorts of tools in general.

I responded in PMs to someone who wanted to know a little more about them, so let me copy that here. Maybe it will provide a little more context to people who haven't heard of this sort of thing before.

In general, on a surface level, these sorts of AI writing systems that have been becoming pretty popular recently (AI Dungeon, NovelAI, HoloAI, etc.) are a bit like roleplaying with a robot. AI Dungeon is especially set up that way, it's written in mostly second-person. Others are more flexible with their writing styles, but the general principle is the same. You type some text (starting with a prompt, like the start of a story), submit it, and after a few seconds of analyzing it the AI spits out some more text that it thinks might continue from what you've written. Rinse and repeat, going back and forth between you writing something and prompting the AI, and it spitting out a few lines. It's far from perfect, it takes a lot of fiddling and editing the AI responses and undo-ing and retrying to really get it just right and take the story in the direction you want, maybe even ending up with something worth reading. For me it's more of a personal thing - like I said, like roleplaying. I haven't [yet] created any stories I felt were worth sharing (at least not without a good bit of editing and rewriting), but it's enjoyable enough.

NovelAI, which is the site/system I've been using recently, is super configurable and customizable, including the ability to upload material to train a little AI module. It's not a whole new AI, basically just a little add-on you can save and plug into the system to try to influence its writing style, preferred subject matter, etc. I'm not enough of an expert to give a real lesson on how this training works on a super low level, but I think it basically analyzes word patterns and frequency, phrases, grammar. It doesn't just read and interpret like a person would necessarily, but by aggregating these little pieces from enough data it can influence the system enough that, say, it starts to think that people being swallowed whole is something it should use in a story, as a side effect of that language being used frequently in the source material. Sort of like a fancy word cloud, for a really really oversimplified way to think about it.

The module isn't even the most important part necessarily, NovelAI has a crazy number of features and options you can tweak, but it definitely has an effect on the style and subject of the writing, so I've been occasionally fiddling with some of my favorite stories trying to make a good generic vore module. Vore as a whole is something these systems often struggle with. Too often they get confused and just treat it like a normal sex scene, or forget that someone is currently in a stomach and have them walk away, that sort of thing. I'm hoping that a good module would help with that (in combination with other settings), it's just kind of a pain to put together.

They can be used for bouncing ideas off of, solo RP, or whatever. Fully interactive stories. I think AI dungeon and maybe some other sites have free versions if you'd like to see firsthand what they're about, although paid options will have better features and more powerful AI.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:44 pm

Let me take this in a new direction. Because I feel like a lot of people don't actually know what Novel AI is.

Novel AI, in short, is a writing assistant tool. If anything, it *helps* writers writing new stories, if used properly, it mostly speeds up writing. It most certainly won't generate an entire story. Even a paragraph is a stretch because it lacks context-awareness and can't keep track of what is going on in the story. It mostly generates a sentence at a time, and for a complicated, specific genre, you are likely needed to guide it sentence by sentence.

It largely helps fill in with various styles. It won't write a story for you. Maybe someone more into NovelAI can correct me on these and help the authors understand that they are not in any way replaced, threatened, copied, or even remotely mimicked. Saying they are similar to a "Roleplay partner" might be a good way to describe that, as the previous post stated.

My initial involvement was mostly to point out that using material from someone willy nilly without their awareness, in any capacity, regardless of whether it is involved with AI or not, is bad news. Using technicality to justifies using material without permission will create resentments, and it is a bad way to start this AI trend.

However, don't let my initial protest mislead you. I am 100% in favor of a future where many parts of our life are AI-assisted. Once you understand the interworking and the benefit you will realize it mostly increase the value and efficiency of human. I have been in AI research for quite a while myself, and I know firsthand that a careful approach is needed on this. Author's right to their material should get respected under every circumstance. I was merely a little startled at the impression at the beginning. I'm quite glad we reached an understanding very quickly and I really don't think anyone did anything wrong. We simply learned new things.
Eka
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion