Vore OC Tournaments?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore OC Tournaments?

Postby Starduster » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:02 pm

So, I've been wondering, have there been any Vore OC Tournamenets recently of note? I recently participated in the tournament known as War for Ryuba, for the webcomic Kill Six Billion Demons (though it was non-fetish, just for a violent but really good webcomic; you can watch about it here: https://youtu.be/8Jm8URxXFF0) and was wondering if anyone has ever done something like this here.

Note, I'm not offering to start one (even if they thought has entered my mind), as I'm not consistent enough to be trusted, plus the diversity of kinks in the community would make it hard, but I'm curious regardless.
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore OC Tournaments?

Postby ItsSongxing » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:20 pm

It'd be pretty much logistically impossible to organize something like that, on account of the inherently sexual nature of vore. On top of the usual difficulties that can come with organizing an OC tournament, we've also got to consider diversity of kinks, as well as what role the character is; a lot of OCs out there are strongly pred- or prey-leaning, if not exclusively one or the other, despite the actual character's strengths and weaknesses. (Exhibit A: Gelenor; half-dragon, half-angel, highly skilled fighter, constantly getting gurgled. Exhibit B: Gabi; a seemingly normal, if highly elastic, human that eats scores of people and somehow always gets away with it.)

Combine that with gender preferences and furry/human/feral preferences, and you'd have to either make some strict criteria for which characters/creators would be allowed to enter, or you'd need to get creative with win conditions in a way that accommodates everyone (including no popularity contests, due to how easily skewed they can be). That, or it would have to be a collaboration by a small number of creators, likely pretty close friends and well-aligned in regards to their kinks, each contributing multiple OCs; but that's not quite at the level for War of Rayuba.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Humbug » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:11 am

ItsSongxing wrote:It'd be pretty much logistically impossible to organize something like that, on account of the inherently sexual nature of vore. On top of the usual difficulties that can come with organizing an OC tournament, we've also got to consider diversity of kinks, as well as what role the character is; a lot of OCs out there are strongly pred- or prey-leaning, if not exclusively one or the other, despite the actual character's strengths and weaknesses. (Exhibit A: Gelenor; half-dragon, half-angel, highly skilled fighter, constantly getting gurgled. Exhibit B: Gabi; a seemingly normal, if highly elastic, human that eats scores of people and somehow always gets away with it.)

Combine that with gender preferences and furry/human/feral preferences, and you'd have to either make some strict criteria for which characters/creators would be allowed to enter, or you'd need to get creative with win conditions in a way that accommodates everyone (including no popularity contests, due to how easily skewed they can be). That, or it would have to be a collaboration by a small number of creators, likely pretty close friends and well-aligned in regards to their kinks, each contributing multiple OCs; but that's not quite at the level for War of Rayuba.

Having been involved in four vore OCTs (including being one of the judges in one of them), can confirm that it's really damn hard to get it to work. Mind you, these were all 10+ years ago, so it's probably even harder now, but yeah, a lot of restrictions had to be put down, and we had to frame the "story" in such a way that it would work with the various preferences and types of characters involved, while leaving room for Do's and Don'ts for the participants (within reason, of course. Anything that would violate the rules of the tournament like "My character can't lose" wouldn't work of course).

But yeah, to answer the OP's question, I'm not aware of any recent ones. Just old ones that wound up in bedlam and drama. I think most of the people involved improved their skill as a result, but I'll be damned if it didn't also raise tempers and cause trauma in addition.
Humbug
---

Postby Mimzy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:09 am

ItsSongxing wrote:It'd be pretty much logistically impossible to organize something like that

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA XD XD

You severely underestimate the determination of crazy people with nothing better to do.

Anyways, pretty much ditto what Humbug said otherwise? As I've also participated in two of them and was the organizer/sponsor of the other two... first with 32 participants and six judges... second with 64 participants and five judges...
It's certainly plausible to put one together and run them all the way through to completion, but it requires a lot of time, effort and dedication to manage. And yes, there will be drama and upsets no matter how well you prepare for it and/or how many stipulations you add or create to mitigate the potential problems of dealing with so many kinks, species, preferences, etc, etc, etc... Then some people just can't deal with losing in general.

I feel like I've got more experience than anyone on the topic and all I could really tell you is that it would be a challenge to pull off another one today. It's still possible, sure, the climate may even be better for it today given there's been an extended gap between the last time anyone really tried doing one. I'm just not sure where or how you would start. I've thought about hosting another one several times over the years and have pitched a number of ideas back and forth to people... I've just never gone through with any of them. I don't really have the time for it anymore? I mean... you're talking about a contest that could literally become the centerpiece of your life for nearly six months or so? And most artists I know these days are too busy for something of that scale with their current workloads, life situations, or just because they don't do things like this for free anymore. XD

.....but it's still a fun idea.
Mimzy
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion