Feeling ashamed for liking vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Feeling ashamed for liking vore?

Postby SecretBaboon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:05 pm

It can't be just me, right? There was a lot of shame in the beginning of me realizing I was into vore, and while it's less so now, it does flare up from time to time. I'm an overthinker, so maybe that's where this comes from; I try to rationalize what doesn't need to be rationalized. Or maybe it's a logic vs. emotion thing, where I know it's nothing to be ashamed of, but my brain goes on regardless. I hate it and it sucks.

A likely contributor also is the fact that I grew up in a sexually oppressive religion (what am I kidding, it's a cult), and while I no longer am affiliated with it, years of conditioning and harmful teachings don't just disappear.

There's no way everyone has experienced that, so I'm curious what others' experiences with shame in this category are like. I mean, I'm not unique, but I don't have much outsider input on this sorta thing.
Don't be fooled, I have BFG Division playing in my head 24/7
SecretBaboon
Been posting for a bit

Re: Feeling ashamed for liking vore?

Postby Houyo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:31 pm

At first I used to. For some reason the more cruel and brutal things are sometimes the more I like it, and being total goodie two shoes made it kind of depressing some times. But as time goes on you get better and compartmentalizing your feelings on stuff, and this kind of thing is one of them. Stay strong, things will get better.
Houyo
???

Postby chewchulainn » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:40 pm

You're definitely not alone in it. I know when I first started to learn about vore and get into it, I would often feel disgusted with myself for being turned on by fantasies that often involved someone dying (since I'm a fan of digestion, I'm not sure about your particular tastes), and I remember there was a period of time where I tried to 'quit' vore and not think about it at all, which lasted for a few months before I wound up getting interested in it again. Like you, that shame isn't as present now, and it sounds like it's probably less present for me, but there are still times where I'll feel gross or ashamed of my interests and feel bad for thinking about it.

For me personally, the shame usually arises more from the subject matter of the vore scenarios I'm thinking about, if it winds up becoming particularly dark or even a certain level of bizarre, I'll sometimes wind up feeling disgusted afterward and wonder why I even enjoyed thinking about a scenario like that.

I'm not sure if that's what your brain focuses on when you're feeling ashamed, or if it's more the concept of vore and having a fetish itself, but either way it's definitely frustrating to have to deal with :/ Ultimately it's a harmless fantasy, but the brain can be a very difficult thing to persuade, especially with harmful teachings being so deeply ingrained :c It makes sense with what you said about your upbringing, it is very hard to unlearn things you were brought up with, especially in that sort of environment, so I'm sorry that you had to deal with that... I'm glad you're able to no longer be affiliated with them at least, I know it can be difficult to distance yourself from things like that for some people, so I'm glad you were able to get some freedom for yourself in that regard at least.
chewchulainn
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:45 pm

SecretBaboon wrote:A likely contributor also is the fact that I grew up in a sexually oppressive religion (what am I kidding, it's a cult), and while I no longer am affiliated with it, years of conditioning and harmful teachings don't just disappear.

There's no way everyone has experienced that, so I'm curious what others' experiences with shame in this category are like. I mean, I'm not unique, but I don't have much outsider input on this sorta thing.

Jehovah's Witness? :lol:

I'm strongly in the camp that vorephilia is genetic much like all paraphilia. My fascination with Vore precedes my personal sexual trauma and is completely independent of it.

Ashamed isn't the word I'd use however. I'm aware of how outsiders view the fetish and it's ties to snuff and cannabalism. It's not worth the bother to explain to them. Also, my spouse is a huge bleeding heart. She could accept Vore but not the content I write. ^^;
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby 157and493 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 pm

I am certainly an outlier here, but I have never felt weird or ashamed for liking vore. Maybe I am just a narcissist but honestly I cannot really understand people that are attracted to “normal” things, their tastes seem as unusual to me as mine do to them.
157and493
Participator

Postby SecretBaboon » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27 am

AeriaGloris wrote:Jehovah's Witness? :lol:

Close. Mormon

chewchulainn wrote:You're definitely not alone in it. I know when I first started to learn about vore and get into it, I would often feel disgusted with myself for being turned on by fantasies that often involved someone dying (since I'm a fan of digestion, I'm not sure about your particular tastes), and I remember there was a period of time where I tried to 'quit' vore and not think about it at all, which lasted for a few months before I wound up getting interested in it again. Like you, that shame isn't as present now, and it sounds like it's probably less present for me, but there are still times where I'll feel gross or ashamed of my interests and feel bad for thinking about it.

For me personally, the shame usually arises more from the subject matter of the vore scenarios I'm thinking about, if it winds up becoming particularly dark or even a certain level of bizarre, I'll sometimes wind up feeling disgusted afterward and wonder why I even enjoyed thinking about a scenario like that.

I'm not sure if that's what your brain focuses on when you're feeling ashamed, or if it's more the concept of vore and having a fetish itself, but either way it's definitely frustrating to have to deal with :/ Ultimately it's a harmless fantasy, but the brain can be a very difficult thing to persuade, especially with harmful teachings being so deeply ingrained :c It makes sense with what you said about your upbringing, it is very hard to unlearn things you were brought up with, especially in that sort of environment, so I'm sorry that you had to deal with that... I'm glad you're able to no longer be affiliated with them at least, I know it can be difficult to distance yourself from things like that for some people, so I'm glad you were able to get some freedom for yourself in that regard at least.

My brain focuses on many things. The fact that it's a very bizarre thing to be turned on by, the connections to snuff and cannibalism and the like, the harm behind fetishizing certain human states of being, battling being sex-repulsed, and so on. It just goes down and down a spiral of different things. It can lead to a panic attack, but that hasn't happened in a while.

To expound on the sex-repulsed bit, anything that gets me aroused is negatively charged from the beginning. It used to be so bad that I would hide myself away and cry when I indulge in it. I'm past that hurdle now, but getting off still makes me feel terrible. I experience post-coital tristesse pretty heavily, making me feel horrible and unclean for days.
Don't be fooled, I have BFG Division playing in my head 24/7
SecretBaboon
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:30 am

chewchulainn wrote:You're definitely not alone in it. I know when I first started to learn about vore and get into it, I would often feel disgusted with myself for being turned on by fantasies that often involved someone dying (since I'm a fan of digestion, I'm not sure about your particular tastes)…

I got around that in my stories by using magic that simulates digestion of the prey in a pleasurable and non-fatal manner using a defensive transmutation. Your mileage may vary, of course.

It wasn't that I was squeamish about the notion of death, but it's hard to have a recurring prey character if she keeps dying. Also, since death would take place in the stomach or before, the prey would miss out on most of the process…
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EvilCloneofUnskilled » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:31 am

Personally, my theory on having shame with fetishes is to embrace the shame. Remember that without shame, people will turn into "that guy." You know the one, the guy that puts their fetish into everything despite everyone else telling them to keep their dick in their pants. So wear your shame like a badge of honor, because it is a sign that you're not as bad as quite a few people in the world.
EvilCloneofUnskilled
New to the forum

Postby AlphaSaban » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:54 am

I used to feel ashamed for liking vore.

I still do, but I used to too
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:33 am

SecretBaboon wrote: Close. Mormon

My brain focuses on many things. The fact that it's a very bizarre thing to be turned on by, the connections to snuff and cannibalism and the like, the harm behind fetishizing certain human states of being, battling being sex-repulsed, and so on. It just goes down and down a spiral of different things. It can lead to a panic attack, but that hasn't happened in a while.

To expound on the sex-repulsed bit, anything that gets me aroused is negatively charged from the beginning. It used to be so bad that I would hide myself away and cry when I indulge in it. I'm past that hurdle now, but getting off still makes me feel terrible. I experience post-coital tristesse pretty heavily, making me feel horrible and unclean for days.

The shame sounds deeply rooted in your religious upbringing. My previous joke aside, as someone raised a Jehovah's witness, I understand that feeling.

Vore touches on a lot of other fetishes. In many ways, it's the ultimate combination. The power dynamics, bondage, asphyxiation, body morphing, hyper sexuality, closeness and finality. It's the most selfless or selfish sexual act one can commit to. But it's also fantasy. Thinking about ramming someone off the road because they cut you off hurts no one. So long as your interest remains fantasy, it's fine. Don't beat yourself up.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cruich » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:51 am

Many people tend to feel ashamed about their fantasies no matter what they are (not just vore), including ones that seem entirely tame and vanilla to me. I seem to recall that I used to have that problem, but that was a long time ago. Just learning about the wide variety of other people's fantasies helps assuage any such shame, I think.

Also, nice reference, AlphaSaban!
Cruich
Participator

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:47 am

SecretBaboon wrote:A likely contributor also is the fact that I grew up in a sexually oppressive religion (what am I kidding, it's a cult), and while I no longer am affiliated with it, years of conditioning and harmful teachings don't just disappear.

Saaame.
For me, vore is all tied up with who I am and who God is outside of the church and the decrepit family sized universe in which I spent the first act of my life. As an adult, an apostate and a shameless predator, I am the terrifying child-swallowing dragon I had nightmares about when I was younger, and I am the Lady of the Green Kirtle from The Silver Chair, and my god is what I would once have recognised as Tash the devourer, the shadow of Death who consumes all things.
But at the same time, somewhere in my stomach there is still a faithful child of Aslan, kept alive by the memory of God's goodness, who despite her cramped conditions still has his power to keep me from deliberately harming others, and to speak to them through me. I love vore, the more sadistic and sacrilegious the better, because I want to digest her once and for all and turn all of her spiritual power towards serving Nature/Death. And at the same time, the more I want that, the more sophisticated and resilient she becomes, conflict being after all the source of all consciousness.

It's a back and forth that makes us both stronger, and I think we have come to love and respect each other. It's a process that took a lot of work though, and produced quite a bit of messy self indulgent artwork of varying quality.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Dindu » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:04 am

I feel a little guilty. Sometimes I dream of vore being something I can be into in a wholesome way, like I bring my wife food and then rub her tummy.
Dindu
Been posting for a bit

Postby stearwing » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 am

I'm ashamed for a few specific guilty pleasures that i'm not going to bother discussing, but by and large I see it as a pressure relief valve for real-life stress.
Just like some people punch things, and some people play violent video games, I daydream about eating my troubles.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby cyndakiller » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:08 pm

I don’t like posting but I gotta say I’ve tried to quit this but keep coming back. I don’t know whats wrong with me but it must be pretty strong. I guess in the end it will be a part of me I always hate.
cyndakiller
New to the forum

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Maybe my brain is broken due to early childhood trauma/abuse but I am like a bull in a china shop. I try to be gentle and delicate but once going it is difficult to not crash into everything. One person tried to shame me for the interest. After quickly going over her interests and activities and concluding that my self worth is not dependent upon her approval she has never mentioned it to me again.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Lolholm » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:12 pm

By the time I realised I was into vore I had mostly grown past any sense of shame over it.
I didn't CHOOSE to be into vore, I don't CHOOSE to get an erection, and I don't CHOOSE what triggers it, and I generally don't think people should be ashamed of what they have no control over, wether that be their sexuality, race, or sex.
It is behind you.
Lolholm
Been posting for a bit

Postby windsweptcave » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:25 pm

EvilCloneofUnskilled wrote:Personally, my theory on having shame with fetishes is to embrace the shame. Remember that without shame, people will turn into "that guy." You know the one, the guy that puts their fetish into everything despite everyone else telling them to keep their dick in their pants. So wear your shame like a badge of honor, because it is a sign that you're not as bad as quite a few people in the world.

I don't completely agree with this, but it does bring up a good point. The shame probably has served a valuable purpose by preventing you from being up front with people about things that will get you ostracized from society. So I don't think there's any need to feel ashamed of feeling ashamed. It may have helped you survive a difficult time. Maybe it still is to an extent, but I think it's better to find nuance there somehow, where you can keep things secret and recognize that it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. (I know it's a lot harder to do that than say it.)

At the same time, it might be worth looking into the positive aspects of this particular interest. For me, depending on the scenario, I find that vore can give me a way to process my desire for closeness, or my fear of death, or my trust issues, or my guilt about what I eat. It can stimulate my creativity, or help me understand things about myself completely unrelated to the fantasy context it takes place in. And then it makes more sense why having that bit of fear of judgment as a counterbalance helps prevent me from telling people who definitely would NOT appreciate hearing about it (cuz the negative aspects are pretty obvious lol).
windsweptcave
New to the forum

Postby JT » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:27 pm

Everyone has a fetish, I dont care what anybody says, we all have weird freaky things we love. I dont judge people for their fantasies. Ours, like some of the other more taboo things should always stay in the realm of fantasy. Everything in fantasy is acceptable. When that line is crossed, then there is issues. I dont feel anyone should be ashamed about things they cant control. Vore is hardly the most gruesome, disgusting, creepy thing out there.
JT
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dinkydoo » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:25 pm

I can say that I hate that I'm into it. For one, it puts me in the same group of people you'd see making MS Paint fetish art, and you can't truly experience it in real life (Being eaten irl without dying via digestion, lack of air, etc)
Dinkydoo
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion