Question for those into shrunken man F/m vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Question for those into shrunken man F/m vore

Postby GastricAztec » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Imagine you were reading a comic book about a captive who was miniaturized and under the control of a woman who was normal sized, and suppose the woman threatened to swallow him for minor transgressions, but didn’t for most of the story.

He eventually gets swallowed just as she had threatened, but he survives because she vomits him up.

Would this be better for you, because there is a buildup to the climactic event of him getting swallowed, or would it ruin it for you because it was dragged out too much?
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Re: Question for those into shrunken man F/m vore

Postby Wanderer » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Perhaps other characters could be swallowed to satisfy the audience? A short lived fellow prisoner? A graphically relayed story of a past "guest"? A friend of our giantess who has her own captive she swallows while with our primary characters? There's still a buildup of tension thinking "will it happen to our protagonist?" and also solidifies the stakes for the story, like killing off a Redshirt on Star Trek, or the early kills in a horror movie
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chewchulainn » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:58 pm

I agree with Wanderer, having some stakes raised by showing other shrunken people getting eaten could definitely help. If you wanted to keep it between the woman and the shrunken man though, maybe there could be something early on where she almost swallows him as a way of showing she's serious and giving him a taste of what awaits him if he disobeys her, while also exciting the audience a bit and giving them something to wait for.

You could also maybe have the man imagine or have nightmares/dreams about it now and then, to give us the visuals, without it actually happening yet.

I think the length of the story factors into it too, but I feel like there are definitely ways to hold the tension without it dragging. I personally like stories that have the pred toying with their prey for awhile before actually eating them- including stories where after the pred does finally eat their prey, they wind up releasing them (or otherwise not being able to go through with it), so I definitely think what you've described can definitely work! Obviously everyone has different preferences, but I think it's the sort of thing that would appeal to enough people to be worthwhile.
chewchulainn
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:15 am

chewchulainn wrote:I agree with Wanderer, having some stakes raised by showing other shrunken people getting eaten could definitely help. If you wanted to keep it between the woman and the shrunken man though, maybe there could be something early on where she almost swallows him as a way of showing she's serious and giving him a taste of what awaits him if he disobeys her, while also exciting the audience a bit and giving them something to wait for.

You could also maybe have the man imagine or have nightmares/dreams about it now and then, to give us the visuals, without it actually happening yet.

I think the length of the story factors into it too, but I feel like there are definitely ways to hold the tension without it dragging. I personally like stories that have the pred toying with their prey for awhile before actually eating them- including stories where after the pred does finally eat their prey, they wind up releasing them (or otherwise not being able to go through with it), so I definitely think what you've described can definitely work! Obviously everyone has different preferences, but I think it's the sort of thing that would appeal to enough people to be worthwhile.

That’s a really good literary technique, I’ll be sure to try that. Thank you! I’m into non-fatal vore, I get too anxious if I know the person getting swallowed will get killed. I want what the shrunken man experiences to be what I want to happen to me if it was happening in real life.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BlueAugur » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:37 am

The length is definitely a factor, as chewchulainn said. The longer you build towards it, the harder you have to go on the payoff. If you only build for a minute or two, then you could get away with just a quick gulp and end it there. If you draw it out for an extended period of time, you're going to need to supply a much lengthier swallowing sequence with more struggling and dynamic angles as they slide down the throat to satisfy the reader. Ideally there should also be some internal shots in the stomach.

It's all about balance. If the build up is too quick then a huge payoff will feel jarring, but too much build up with an underwhelming conclusion will leave the reader feeling blue-balled.
Reading other vore comics and examining how they're paced can be really helpful in figuring out how to structure your own works.
BlueAugur
Been posting for a bit

Postby GastricAztec » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:15 am

MrWhatever wrote:The length is definitely a factor, as chewchulainn said. The longer you build towards it, the harder you have to go on the payoff. If you only build for a minute or two, then you could get away with just a quick gulp and end it there. If you draw it out for an extended period of time, you're going to need to supply a much lengthier swallowing sequence with more struggling and dynamic angles as they slide down the throat to satisfy the reader. Ideally there should also be some internal shots in the stomach.

It's all about balance. If the build up is too quick then a huge payoff will feel jarring, but too much build up with an underwhelming conclusion will leave the reader feeling blue-balled.
Reading other vore comics and examining how they're paced can be really helpful in figuring out how to structure your own works.

Thank you for your insight, I’ll keep everything you said in mind
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:05 am

Personally I like the build up as long as it is not a gazillion pages of it. An example of how I think it is done right is girlfood's "My first snack" on giantessworld.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NisseHult » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:10 am

I don't mind a dragged out process, as long as there's a decent "reward" in the end, i.e. this woman swallowing, digesting, and ideally also disposing of him in the end. Pretty sure I'd be rather disappointed if I'd been waiting for a long time, just to see her vomiting him up eventually. Then again, I don't really enjoy it when the predator doesn't digest her meal, but that's just me.
Just another man who wants nothing more than to end up in the belly of a lovely woman, and eventually become waste in her toilet.
NisseHult
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scrumptious » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:11 pm

R_U_Snacksize wrote:Personally I like the build up as long as it is not a gazillion pages of it. An example of how I think it is done right is girlfood's "My first snack" on giantessworld.

Oh, yes, that is one of my favorites!

For non-fatal I'm left wondering what the climax brings. I agree with several above that having some red shirts go down the hatch keeps things interesting during the buildup.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:53 pm

I kind of disagree with some of the previous comments.

IMO it should be left ambiguous weather or not she's gonna do it or not, and if it's done well, the suspense can do so much for the story. Don't ruin that tension by just swallowing someone insignificant just because "ooh vore"
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby zikade » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:52 pm

How minor are these transgressions? Did he jaywalk or something?
zikade
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:29 am

zikade wrote:How minor are these transgressions? Did he jaywalk or something?

Not for things he did at normal size, just typical reasons someone would punish a shrunken person. As writers, sometimes we have reasons for a woman to swallow a shrunken person so it seems justified. Maybe he is just rebellious, and she wants him to be more obedient.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sitharc » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:15 pm

Depends on the other scene types and interactions as to whether or not ' dragging it out ' would be loved or not, but wouldn't want the opposite either where she gets to it within less than an hour of having him under the mercy of her whims.

I don't know myself of any truly 'justified' reasons to swallow someone, especially when it's just to punish him normally wanting him to be more obedient or whatever, not when being swallowed is usually a fatal thing.

I'm iffy on that aspect myself in general, not really into vomit, and think it'd be very traumatic to come back out partially digested or even just covered in bile and other bodily stuff. If she were to use being eaten as a threat, feel it should be a more serious one where he gets digested too.

However, I'd recommend it either be something he's not aware is actually possible and would happen to him, or if he is aware it could, only through a fateful accident where he gets saved then or not fully swallowed.

Maybe the 'red shirt' thing (or using a food item that's his size or slightly bigger) if need be, but ideally, for me, I'd rather keep it between just the two main characters than for him to be made to watch other unfortunate souls go down and never come back up like he did/would.

Or maybe have the giantess suddenly come on hard times and she needs something to actually eat... and he's right there.
Sitharc
---

Postby GastricAztec » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm

Sitharc wrote:Depends on the other scene types and interactions as to whether or not ' dragging it out ' would be loved or not, but wouldn't want the opposite either where she gets to it within less than an hour of having him under the mercy of her whims.

I don't know myself of any truly 'justified' reasons to swallow someone, especially when it's just to punish him normally wanting him to be more obedient or whatever, not when being swallowed is usually a fatal thing.

I'm iffy on that aspect myself in general, not really into vomit, and think it'd be very traumatic to come back out partially digested or even just covered in bile and other bodily stuff. If she were to use being eaten as a threat, feel it should be a more serious one where he gets digested too.

However, I'd recommend it either be something he's not aware is actually possible and would happen to him, or if he is aware it could, only through a fateful accident where he gets saved then or not fully swallowed.

Maybe the 'red shirt' thing (or using a food item that's his size or slightly bigger) if need be, but ideally, for me, I'd rather keep it between just the two main characters than for him to be made to watch other unfortunate souls go down and never come back up like he did/would.

Or maybe have the giantess suddenly come on hard times and she needs something to actually eat... and he's right there.

Interesting perspective, but I like a woman who swallows someone as a way to experience power, rather than because she’s hungry.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 157and493 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:48 pm

A good balance is necessary in my opinion, not too much buildup but not to little. It is hard to hit the sweet-spot, but doing so normally results in the best stories.
157and493
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion