Eka Official: Survey preference result

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Eka Official: Survey preference result

Postby KlemintineKattz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:02 pm

All this data... all this information... YES

To call it Invaluable... would be THE biggest understatement of the century.
KlemintineKattz
New to the forum

Postby somethingsomething2077 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:21 pm

I hope this website continues to have more and more stuff for the community to d and contribute in
somethingsomething2077
Somewhat familiar

Postby nicktaken » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:52 am

Interesting. Most people who identify as "asexual" have a sexual interest in vore.
"You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means"
I write stuff, sometimes: GALLERY
nicktaken
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ObsidianSnake » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 pm

nicktaken wrote:Interesting. Most people who identify as "asexual" have a sexual interest in vore.

As far as I understand it, the category of asexual was about attraction to others, to distinguish it from homosexual and heterosexual partner attraction. I recall the original study that popularized the term observed that masturbation was a component. (I also think that the researcher boldly identified themselves as falling into the asexual category!) Here's a link to a basic overview of what asexuality is, which also identifies common misconceptions.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hozomat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:57 pm

That was definitely an interesting survey!
I'm genuinely surprised that Females barely make for 10% of the community. I feel like they are more outgoing than males in general, because (to me) they appear fairly present, if that makes sense.
Hozomat
Somewhat familiar

Postby JadeTheDeer » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 pm

nicktaken wrote:Interesting. Most people who identify as "asexual" have a sexual interest in vore.

This misconception is seemingly intuitive, but not ideal when it comes to describing human sexual experience. If someone does not have a sexual interest in persons of any gender, it follows that identity as hetero, homo or bisexual is not an adequate descriptor.

Asexuality can thus be thought of as a spectrum based on the lack of sexual interests in persons of any gender (sexual orientation), not as a rule the absence of any and all sexual interest (though for many asexuals, this can absolutely be their experience). In particular this definition is of utility in our community, where many do not experience sexual arousal towards gender and/or sex, but can often experience arousal towards vore.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:30 pm

ItsSongxing wrote:I'm quite surprised that stories were the 2nd most form of media among respondents, and - while a mile behind 2D pictures, which is to be expected on this website - it even surpasses 3D animation, which has folks like Eskoz and CakeInferno representing it. I'm also somewhat surprised to see games be so popular, as it tends to involve at least as much of an active investment as stories, but often with more images used. In my experience, stories tend to do multiplicatively worse than images, on average, especially since there doesn't seem to be as much of a universal consensus on who the "big names" among Eka's Portal writers are, when contrasted with artists.

I'm also somewhat interested by how "Size Difference" is so close to Same Size in terms of the non-exclusive preferences, yet among people with exclusive preferences, it's much closer to the exclusive popularity of Macro/Micro. Similarly, Micro/Macro was almost twice as about 3/4ths as popular as Macro/Micro among non-exclusive folks, but is almost imperceptible compared to Macro/Micro among people with exclusive preferences. Yet, it's still a little over twice as popular as Imperceptible Prey, in both scenarios.

I think Micro/Macro being more popular among the non-exclusive crowd makes sense, since they might be into the belly aspect and thus would also like Same Size and Size Difference, but I can't explain the discrepancy for Size Difference in quite the same way.

Writing seems to be a lot more personal, and no you don't really have the big names, but most people do seem to have favorite authors.

As to size difference,

There was only one option for micro/macro size difference.

As an example, I like minor size difference in either direction. I was able to select minor size difference for macro/micro, but not the other way around. This could lead to some people selecting that option for something like a 5 foot tall person eating a 6 foot tall person. Other people might think of such size difference as same size.

Edit: Forgot to mention, writing has very different tags associated with it than 2D art. Some tag discrepancies make sense, others may not. For example, I see a lot higher percentage of digestion and graphic digestion in stories. There is also a lot higher percentage of male pred content in writing. (virtually none in 2D).

This also holds true for games. If you look at the list of text based games maintained in the vore game forum, most offer male preds, and many are exclusively male pred. But if you look at the games that have 2D art, they are almost all female pred.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AeriaGloris » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:30 am

Was I expecting research and information of this caliber on a website like this? Not at all but I'm glad it exists.

I'm strongly in the camp of genetic predisposition to vore appreciation. At least that explains my dreams and awkward arousal when I was young.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Milky12Daddy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:56 pm

First off, thanks to foxygrandpa for this survey.

This information is extremely useful for us content creators. I often am in fear that the public I cater to doesn't like my art, specially Eka's.

I post on DA and Eka's and the numbers difference is enormous. I didn't even knew the mayority in here cattered so much towards same size, the majority preferring different gendered pred/no difference in prey gender.

I was thinking about doing some same size exclusive stuff for Eka's. I'm so grateful. I think this info can be extrapolated depending on your content.

Again, thanks for the work, hope you have more opportunities like this in the future :D
Milky12Daddy
Somewhat familiar

Postby IronLightning1 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Thank you for not only conducting the survey but for publicizing the data for the community! Truly fascinating stuff :-D
IronLightning1
New to the forum

Postby Eskoz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:23 am

Definitely an interesting survey! It really helps illustrate the reason, why the female prey option seems to win almost every poll, on my patreon, despite the seemingly pretty big male majority in the userbase.

After seeing that 3D animation is "only" at 75% in the survey, if any of you are considering a switch to 2D:
I'd like to point out, that when people think of 2D animation, they're likely thinking about traditional animation along the line of Disney, or Anime, not tweened 2D, (similar to what you see in sitcoms like family guy, south park etc. and most 2D animations on youtube and around the internet in general). So while you could produce at least 5 times the content by switching to a seemingly more popular medium, it's not quite that cut & dry. And you should also consider, that it was in the same category with drawings, which as expected, is going to get something close to 100%. Although I doubt that it would have changed much, even if was separate, due to the above reason, so I can understand why it was not a separate category, since if you like a drawing, surely you're going to like it even more, if it moves.
Eskoz
Somewhat familiar

Postby htfcuddles » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:34 am

This survey is very interesting. Reading the results it seems that statistics do "support" what we saw in previous years, like male preds not being very appreciated (an enormous majority of male population, from whom a huge part loves opposite gender predators), human art being much more popular than furry art in here, most people having a predisposition towards vore instead of just "rejecting at first and changing later", etc.

And in a more personal side, It can explain why while I do have decent numbers in my statistics (in part due to being here since 14 years ago), it doesn't look like the content I draw is very popular, compared to other sites I'm in.
rawr ♥
htfcuddles
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EonsofIf » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 am

This is the biggest vore survey ive seen. Love to see all the data and preferences within the community, great job!
EonsofIf
New to the forum

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:48 pm

i think the choices for smaller pred/larger prey lacked granularity, hence why "microprey/macroped" seems a bit overrepresented compared to macropred/microprey. as anyone wanting a pred that's only a little shorter than a predator, such as a normal person eating an oversized person, or a kobold eating a normal sized person, is lumped in with people who have micros eating normal people, or normal sized people eating macros and huge monsters like dragons. Where people who may like something like a shortstack predator eating average height people may have been a bi unfairly lumped in with those who were checking the option due to their enjoyment of true micro/macro vore scenarios.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion