Prey's Consciousness Subsumed by Pred

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Prey's Consciousness Subsumed by Pred

Postby chewchulainn » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:10 pm

I'm not sure how many people remember this detail, but back in the first book of the How To Train Your Dragon series, there's a section near the end where Hiccup gets swallowed by a large dragon, and while he's in there he finds himself starting to think things along the lines of 'well, I guess he needs to eat too', and then shaking himself out of it. I think the dragon also comments that once something starts digesting/becoming part of him, they can't help but start to see things his way.

I've always really liked that concept with digestion. I like both willing and unwilling prey, but I do tend to like reluctant prey who aren't completely onboard, but once they start digesting, they find their train of thought inevitably coming to the conclusion that this is how it should go, and thinking more in line with the predator, since they're breaking down and literally becoming a part of them. I guess a sort of fusion of consciousness in a way, but more like a subsuming of consciousness from the prey to the predator.

Anyone else enjoy that sort of thing? Less than willing prey becoming willing via digestion? Or just general thoughts on the concept?
chewchulainn
Somewhat familiar

Re: Prey's Consciousness Subsumed by Pred

Postby TSaPA » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 pm

Pred: "Any last words, meat?"

Pred/prey, in unison: "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL"

Pred: "...wait, what?"
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:01 pm

Yes, one of my favourite tropes!

Cressida Cowell has a lot to answer for- probably the most gratuitously voreish childrens' author of all time (though she's in stiff competition there). I remember one of the books had a fat Roman consul with a stomach that overflowed his couch and required extra servants to carry, who gobbled up live sentient dragons dipped in honey by the fistful.
Good times.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Ixtili » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:12 am

Yes I like this concept espeacially paired with demonic or Eldritch preds espeacially if they hold attachment for the prey. With the prey I espeacially like prey that is afraid of intimacy. I even have a Demon character in my Journals who breaks into their preys soul the more the physical body digests. But it's paired with a prey character whose afraid of intimacy so it's very cathartic when the digestion completes cause it's a sign the prey is trusting the pred.

I also like the idea of soul vore where the predator can make the prey believe they are still alive and not eaten. Like a demonic or Eldritch or alien pred devours someone they care about and the prey lives in a lotus eating dream created by the pred where they think nothing happened but are actually trapped in the preds soul.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KittyBoi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Ooh, this is a major soft spot of mine as well. Lovecraftian preds are the bomb in this way. That's the way that a lot of my Part TF stuff rolls out... as the physical barriers of pred and prey begin to ebb away, so do the mental barriers between them.
It's not hard to be greedy... a little bit of overindulgence goes a very long way.

Feel free to support me: https://subscribestar.adult/kittyboi
KittyBoi
Somewhat familiar

Postby quickcrunch » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:12 pm

I adore this kind of thing with preds that are surreal, and bizarre, and could have some sort of effect on the prey, but I also enjoy types of scenarios where a prey is almost convinced that this is okay, and this is just how it is in the world either by accepting it finally, or having the pred convince them.
There's something about it that makes it bittersweet, as it is technically a type of bad end, but the prey is no longer struggling, and no longer suffering and that maybe getting digested isn't all that bad afterall.
I've rped types of stuff like this before! It's nice to see other folks that enjoy it. It's a really big thing for me since digestions a big thing for me, especially making digestion a lot more than just "you are dying now and cant do anything about it".
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 am

quickcrunch wrote:I adore this kind of thing with preds that are surreal, and bizarre, and could have some sort of effect on the prey, but I also enjoy types of scenarios where a prey is almost convinced that this is okay, and this is just how it is in the world either by accepting it finally, or having the pred convince them.
There's something about it that makes it bittersweet, as it is technically a type of bad end, but the prey is no longer struggling, and no longer suffering and that maybe getting digested isn't all that bad afterall.
I've rped types of stuff like this before! It's nice to see other folks that enjoy it. It's a really big thing for me since digestions a big thing for me, especially making digestion a lot more than just "you are dying now and cant do anything about it".

I kinda like it when the prey has a fear of intimacy in these circumstances cause then it becomes almost a metaphor for the pred asking too much of the prey in terms of boundaries or rather a lack of them.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion