Giantess/crush/vorarephilia inmainstream or non-erotic art

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Giantess/crush/vorarephilia inmainstream or non-erotic art

Postby Quirhem » Thu May 13, 2021 6:10 pm

Hello everyone!

I wonder, is it possible, for example, to write a fiction book with giantess/crush/vore elements in it and publish it (or create a picture and show it on the exhibition/publish in mainstream gallery)? Will it be considered fetishistic/erotic?

While I think that it's entirely possibly with giantesses (the concept of huge women doesn't seem to me to bizarre at all -- fantastic, but not bizarre), it's different with crush and vore. Crushing would certainly be considered too violent (however, I think it depends -- while deadly crushing certainly is violent, gentle pressing a tiny to the ground would pass, I think).

I also wonder about vore in non-vorarephilic places. Since vore content is extremely diverse, I think, some can pass relatively easily while other can gain any popularity in dedicated vore spaces only. Also, as a breast vore fan, I think that, while in vorarephilic spaces the mechanics of breast vore can be handwaved, in non-vorarephilic spaces, it would need some explanation. Like, the "prey" is absorbed in some magical way, or transported in a pocket dimension, or explained by some spatial deformation.

What do you think?
Quirhem
New to the forum

Re: Giantess/crush/vorarephilia inmainstream or non-erotic a

Postby Nekiame » Fri May 14, 2021 4:24 am

Oral vore is something that can and have been used in non-vorarephilic places, mainly for shock value or such, but other forms of it... unless it's some kind of absorbtion, it would be hard to run it in mainstream I think.
Nekiame
Participator

Re: Giantess/crush/vorarephilia inmainstream or non-erotic a

Postby 4ofSwords » Fri May 14, 2021 7:27 am

There's a massive difference between fetishized vore/etc. content and just using at an element in a story. I don't know if 'Dude, where's my car?' is still part of the public lexicon, but having a big giant woman stomping around and eating the bad guys in that was just a part of the movie, though I believe the vore community was pretty excited.

What's important is how you focus on it. Does the writing style change, become more detailed and more focus, and kind of highlight or vignette the scene? That's like the proverbial bow-chicka-bow-bow music: it lets the viewer know that the writer/director/whoever really wanted to focus on this scene. You see it a lot in cheap horror movies with gore, too, though whether that's fetishized or just an intense fascination with special effects is dubius.

So, yes - you can absolutely include vorish/giantess/etc. thematic elements in works meant for a general audience, and it's acceptable as long as it fits the genre. A sci-fi alien menagerie story with a flirtatious vixen of an alien who is rumored to eat her mates after sex can be played for a laugh - making that a 20 minute scene in the movie will not. If you put the same kind of scenes into everything you make, expect that to be noticed, too, but it still may not jump out that its fetishistic - just predictable and annoying like JJ Abrams' lens flares.
4ofSwords
???

Return to General Vore Discussion