RP Advice from a Smart Veteran

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

RP Advice from a Smart Veteran

Postby VoidicFang » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:43 am

As someone who had rped since a young age on many sites, I'd like to share with you what I've learned to make your experience better.

I'll organize the post in big columns so you can skip the ones that don't apply to you.

If you have a niche fetish or very specific preferences
I have known some people with specific preferences who don't go outside of their box.
You will have very very few options if you don't take turns doing favors. You will have like four people who will be willing to rp with you and 2 of them will be 100% out of their mind in some department.
You must understand that not everyone is turned on by the idea of snorting you up their nose (for example,) but you can 100% take turns satisfying each other with your own specific desires and you can make decent rp buddies this way and start mixing your two preferences.
Knowing all of this, you cannot start a seeking post with strict preferences if your fetish or preferences are niche. Very few people can enjoy your rps like that and you have to consider that they won't do it if they can't have fun.

Paragraphs and sentence requirements are ignoring the big picture. The best writers can express complex things with a few words.
Sentence and paragraph requirements are meant to prevent lazy rp partners, which is good.
However, good writers can say many things with a few words and that isn't lazy.
If you are a good writer who can describe many things with a short sentence, you can ignore sentence requirements and your partner will not be bothered because your turn did the job for them (unless they are sticking to the rules just out of principal).
You can fix this by making sentence requirements into description requirements. You can describe multiple things in one sentence.

If you have options when it comes to partners, ignore the people who demand super specific things in their rp posts, because they are selfish and they will not work with you.
This will probably be the most controversial, but people who demand every single preference to be satisfied and they give no consideration to your preferences, well they are probably doing that because their fetish is common, or because they are a person who can't stand anything not going their way. You will not have fun rps or casual conversations with these people. It will always be about what they want, like a business transaction that they feel entitled to.

If your rp is super niche, go to other communities and find people who will work with you by taking turns or something. There are general fetish forums outside of specifically vore, where you can still have vore rps.
"Working with you" can mean that your partners will take turns with rps, or they will try to mix your preferences with theirs as best as they can in one rp. (or a combo of both). Even if you don't have a niche fetish these rp partners are extremely favorable and underappreciated, because when you work with them, the rp ends up being very satisfying and they will even pay attention to the small things.

There is an underground group of people who work with each other.
I hesitate to share this, but I can just say that there are signs that people will work with you and try to make the best rp by how they talk in their seeking post. I don't want to tell the crazies how to fake being one, so figure it out yourself, but just pay attention to your gut feeling when you read a post. Ask yourself if you think this is the kind of person who will work with you. People reveal their personalities in the way they speak and write, so you will be able to pick up on people who won't budge pretty fast. And if you are a person who is like this, just work on your personality. PM me if you have questions and I'll always give my best answer.

Have fun yall~
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Re: RP Advice from a Smart Veteran

Postby Varysoir » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:24 am

mmmm is true, either people may enter a box that nobody else is in or try to make some effort obliging people and being obliged in turn.

the important part is i think, if you're not going to oblige people, don't ask them to oblige you.

there is one person - i'll try keeping it as anonymous s possible but there's been one toxic person in the vore room in the past many months, and this person ticked off around 50-70% of the vore room - into one particular variation of vore and anyone not into that, not into being prey, even not into female predators, if they got obliged once, they'd take it as free reign to do it every time they saw said person who obliged them. they to the best of my understanding never even so much as said thanks to anyone either.

but they'd be super protective of their preferences, even regarding things they didn't even put on their preferences.

basically, either oblige and accept being obliged, or don't oblige and don't ask to be.
Varysoir
Somewhat familiar

Postby MrGrimlock » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 am

Dunno if this was covered or implied, but 'people who ask you not to approach if you're not their specified IRL x'. That's basically how you say "I'm not really open to any partners at all, this is just a bait post". Like, fella: if they can play a convincing enough character, it really don't matter what they got below the belt behind the screen. Kinda foolish to deny them there if you're that eager for a partner. Hence why I wrote this on mine lmao:

-Not asking/requiring me to be something that I am not IRL JUST to talk to you, at bare minimum:
I am a male IRL, and that will never change. IRL factors such as your own gender, sexuality, etc. are 110% irrelevant on my end. Kindly do not request your partners, including myself, to be that which they are not. No offense, but no thank you. I came here seeking out roleplays, not excuses.

Now it's understandable if someone doesn't want anyone under 18 (maybe 17) approaching, but that's it. It's technically an adult site.
MrGrimlock
Somewhat familiar

Postby JimmyJoeIII » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:22 pm

If you lead off with "I am smart", I'm immediately going to see anything you say as unreliable. It makes you look like you're on an ego trip, rather than trying to be helpful.
JimmyJoeIII
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Hmmm yes I am very smart. Might want to preface this differently.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krowley » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:44 pm

One thing I completely agree with here is that writing more doesn't make your writing better. Adding more and more complex language, making sentences more flowery and prosaic and adding more detail is good to a point but past that point you're basically making a big block of text that people will skim for relevant detail and reply to in kind. A lot of it is just unnecessary and at time sredundant.
Krowley
Been posting for a bit

Postby replicatkd » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 pm

Putting or advertising your super niche kinks sometimes helps in finding fellow fans of that random kink. But I am sure you might scare off more vanilla people.

By the same token if you like super vanilla/common stuff it might be too simple and people might not find it interesting enough.

But something that may be worth mentioning is that you shouldn't control other people's characters. Its very annoying. If someone wants a specific thing to happen it would be better to say what you want to happen to the player rather than forcing the scene into the thing you want to play out.

Oh. And if a player mentions something specific that happens it is usually good to acknowledge that thing at least once. Like if someone slaps your hand/shivers in front of you then mention the slap/the shivering. I think its weird when people skip little things like that.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby Sitharc » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:54 am

When one is interested in a possible partner, maybe say more to them than just 'Hi', 'Want to rp?', etc... If at all possible, actually say what part of their post or whatever interested you, and better yet!... Ramble one or more ideas to suggest, and least in my opinion, give some detail regarding said ideas. Even better yet! Also, include what limits you have if any. It's better to get that out of the way sooner rather than later.

Also, make sure you actually read their seeking post too before you message them, I've been messaged by people who talked like we were so compatible, but then in no time, made it clear they didn't read all my post or just ignored bits of it.

Be wary of those that claim they do anything or like everything, some might mean that, but in my experience? You're bound to hit a limit of theirs in no time.

Not necessarily a bad thing for some people, but if someone is a brand new partner, start off with shorter or simpler RP's first, don't instantly start with this long term romance thing or whatever when you don't know what your partner is like yet. Even more so when on top of that, they expect you to hit all their kinks too.

Similar to above, if you are willing to try a kink for a partner, that's great, but don't bother with those that think that's permission to expect full and constant detailing specific to their kink(s). You are only TRYING it for them, which doesn't mean should be expected to have full knowledge of said kink and its terms. I've come across some like this, and it soured my opinion some of the certain other content out there.

When your partner ignores your questions/concerns or worse just brushes them off like "I don't reveal my secrets". Don't bother with these people as they clearly show they don't care about your feelings and are just doing what they want. If you have a rp partner and they ask questions or express concerns about something in it?... It's best you address them.

Some might like it or be okay with it, but when possible, find people who are okay with having characters with faults and weaknesses as opposed to them always having to be this all-powerful god-modding character. It's not fun knowing nothing you do or say will truly work on them, or if it does, only because they allowed it on a whim.

I agree with what you've said as well, but in regards to post lengths, the same goes with post matching, sometimes will be in part of the story where one's character might not have as much to do or say. Some moments make sense to have little dialogue, like for example... if you are about to be stepped on by a giantess? Not necessarily going to get much time to get anything out other than a scream, no, or a sentence that's bound to get cutoff as pressure is applied.

Talk beforehand if/when possible bout what all kinks are included among other things like scene ideas, what limits to not cross, and especially with cases like vore and such... what the prey can do (if they want to at all) after their character is dead. Some people don't want to play a character that's technically dead and no longer there.

Also important to discuss whether or not it's okay for one's partner to slightly control the other's character in a scene or something. As some people don't mind that while others will not want you controlling their character at all. Most, however, likely won't like it if you try to do so, or try to decide and detail aspects of one's character for themselves. Less they said so and gave permission beforehand, you don't get to decide what their character's dick or boob size is. If there's a precise thing you want to happen, tell them beforehand OOCly, or make it super obvious as possible in your posts without controlling their character too to do so. If it still doesn't happen, don't get upset at partner for not taking the bait setup.

Also no need for pointless word padding like noting about the bug on a window when said bug isn't part of the story at all or showing off your knowledge of fancy words too much.

Avoid those that don't take no for an answer, and especially those that act as if they can, but just mere moments to hours later... they are popping up asking if want to RP again. Give your RP partner some space, they shouldn't have to feel like they are forced to spend every waking minute talking to you.

Also, try to avoid those that have strict reply time policies, RP partners are human beings too with likely a job, other friends, and other interests outside of vore or text rp as a whole. It comes off as clingy and creepy too when despite being okay with waiting longer, you still have to report to them all the time saying when you sleeping, going somewhere else, etc.

OOC consent is the one thing that truly matters, get that first before you try something in a setting. Don't surprise someone with a kink less you know for damn sure they will approve of it. Don't just guess or assume that will be the case. Even then tho, best to ask and check first.

Find a partner who has the same pacing preferences and such that you do or at least one that's flexible with them, as plenty of partners are just impatient and rush to the next fetish and/or sex scene.

Find people who can remember basic detailings, instead of ignoring what you said just posts ago and doing their own thing... if I said overalls for my character's attire, then respond with that in knowledge, don't just be lazy and refer to it as 'shirt and pants'.

Last one for now, but best to discuss and go over whatever needs one has before starting the rp or at least that session, as if someone is impatient to start yet they stop every 1-3 posts or so to talk/ask OOC stuff? They might not be the best match if they keep screeching the RP to a halt. OOC asking when needbe is great, but should discuss things beforehand and be mostly on the same page already when you begin. Not fun when you have to keep filling them in as it goes along.
Sitharc
---

Postby VoidicFang » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 pm

TheKawaiiCommie wrote:Hmmm yes I am very smart. Might want to preface this differently.

Silence. Me big brain.
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoidicFang » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:52 pm

JimmyJoeIII wrote:If you lead off with "I am smart", I'm immediately going to see anything you say as unreliable. It makes you look like you're on an ego trip, rather than trying to be helpful.

Good, I didn't write this to help butthurt people.
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoidicFang » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Krowley wrote:One thing I completely agree with here is that writing more doesn't make your writing better. Adding more and more complex language, making sentences more flowery and prosaic and adding more detail is good to a point but past that point you're basically making a big block of text that people will skim for relevant detail and reply to in kind. A lot of it is just unnecessary and at time sredundant.

Yeah, people are really just trying to avoid those mfs who write three word replies half of the time.
Prey: "Squirms in you."
Pred: "Swallows you more."
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion