Does “sexual” equal “fetish?”

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Does “sexual” equal “fetish?”

Postby 157and493 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:51 am

Hypothetically speaking, if someone gives you permission to draw sexual art of their OC does that also mean they would be okay with you drawing fetish art of them? (specifically vore fetish art in our case)
If someone gives permission for inappropriate art to be drawn of their character I normally assume that just means they are fine with anyone drawing that character in any situation, but I suppose that might not always be the case as there could always be certain situations that they disapprove of.
Personally I believe that once you put a character out there the internet will just do whatever it wants with them regardless of whether or not the creators approves, but it is always polite to get permission anyway. However it is not really practical to ask something like: “Is it okay if I draw anal vore fetish art of your character?”
157and493
Participator

Re: Does “sexual” equal “fetish?”

Postby Seifens » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:50 am

Different people have different levels of attachment to the characters they create, and to some people how those characters are represented is very important. Likewise, 'sexual' means different things to different people, and what represents permission to one person may not to someone else. The only one who can answer this question is the person whose feelings are potentially in play here. The fact that the internet 'just does what it wants' is something most people who value their creations consider a Very Bad Thing and definitely not an argument you want to try to make to someone who doesn't like how you've represented their character.

But I feel like you already know your answer. If you're so unsure as to whether or not this is all right that you're asking an internet fetish forum about the technical definition of the words involved, you probably already know you shouldn't do it and you're just looking for people to say it's ok to give you some moral cover. Especially if you don't feel comfortable asking the other party if this is ok with them. That seems to suggest you already know how they would feel and are just looking for a different answer. The fact that you're conflicted over this is a good thing and demonstrates that you want to do right by them, but it also indicates that you believe at some level that when they gave you the permission they did this was not what they were expecting and you stand a good chance of betraying their trust if you go forward without double checking.

The right thing to do is talk to the other party and clarify your plans. You don't have to mention vore if you don't want to, just say you're planning something particularly niche and hardcore rather than just vanilla 'sexy' that you'd rather not discuss in detail (this can also cover you if you don't want to share the finished work with them) and see if they're still ok with it. They may press you for specifics. If so this is likely because the specifics matter to them and at that point you should either be honest and tell them what they want to know or not use their character.

If they're ok with the idea of their character being sexualized by you then they may be open to other things but this is entirely their call. To avoid letting them make it is to risk hurting them and whatever positive feelings they have towards you.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nekiame » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:57 am

I mean, It depends on the person, but I wouldnt like seeing my character in a gory image, as I dislike gore. I also dislike scat, so no way am I having my character in such stuff. I may let my character be in sexual stuff, but only as long as it's something I like.
In a way, considering your question, you'd also say "if they dont mind sexual art, then you wont mind your oc fucking a baby." kinda same way but with a pedo-spin on it. There are those that enjoy it (and admitedly that stuff aint allowed here) but aint many who'd be happy to see their OC doing stuff like that. vore is kinda niche, and there's alot of people who'd be disturbed by it. Unless they've shown they are alright with it before, you should always ask.
Nekiame
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:24 am

....Forgive me but.. why? Why would you want to make vore art of someone's OC that isn't yours and isn't in the vore community?
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Eka » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:58 am

157and493 wrote: However it is not really practical to ask something like: “Is it okay if I draw anal vore fetish art of your character?”

If it is not practical to ask, just don't do it.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Mecho » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 am

Nah...It's like saying "You like vore right? There for you must be into any other fetish!" Just because a character is in one situation, doesn't mean it's okey to put them in another. To be sure, always ask the owner of the character.

Also. It is ALWAYS practical to ask. Never use someones character without permission.
Mecho
---

Postby Artemis » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:29 am

Vore =/= Sex anymore than Feet =/= Sex. So for the purposes of good communication, you should assume that someone does not mean vore when they say they're fine with sexual stuff.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby quickcrunch » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:11 am

I'd say if someone has an oc, don't disrespect them by drawing fetish, or sexual art of it unless they give you permission since some people like myself value their ocs, and artwork highly. The art community in general has a lot of rules regarding that sort of thing, and I know if someone actually did do that without permission they would probably get chased off the internet since it would be seen as disrespectful towards the creator of the oc, especially if the creator of said character really hates that fetish, or sexual content. It's a bit of a no brainer if someone makes a character that is not for something that will be consumed in media it is much more personal, and drawing as such is seen as an equivalent of sexualizing a photo that someone has posted up of themselves.
Now if the character was made to be consumed by the public in media, like for example an indie game, or a webcomic I'd say it's fair game to draw whatever you want of them since the creator has basically removed that personal boundary, making them in a sense owned by everyone who consumes, or is a fan of that media. Like how fandoms tend to work with the characters from the game they enjoy.
Internet or not, there are still rules somewhat.

Also when it comes to getting allowed sexual things with a character, I do not think that would mean fetish art would be on the table unless you ask them about it. There are folks that have mentioned on here that are asexual, and like vore, and there are folks who are sexual, and hate vore, or other fetishes. So it really is best to ask. Be understanding, and respectful of others, and their hard work. Make sure they are comfortable since sex does not mean fetish, despite fetishes often being sexual in nature. The term vanilla exists for a reason. (Vanilla often used as a term to describe folks who like sex but have no kinks or fetishes to speak of, or very few.)
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion