How Nice or Cruel do You Like Your Predators?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How nice or cruel do you prefer the predator to be in vore stories?

1 - Very kind
13%
14%
3 - Middle of the road
28%
21%
5 - Very mean
24%

Total votes : 247

Re: How Nice or Cruel do You Like Your Predators?

Postby Ohgra » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:35 am

This varies a lot for me based on situation. Sometimes a sadistic pred really scratches the itch for me, other times an uncaring glutton who's not mean, just hungry.

One of my all-time faves though is the unintentionally cruel pred, especially if they are super nice it just works out that they are inadvertently creating a horrifying situation for the prey.
Ohgra
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shugoki » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:25 am

fixated1 wrote:
Shugoki wrote:I think the poll should be multiple choice. I find my preference here very context-dependent. One the one hand, bitchy or outright sadistic preds are a tried-and-true formula and go hand in hand with fatal digestion. On the other, there's something to be said for a big dopey marshmallow who eats people because she has to, and constantly wears the literal weight of her sins on her waistline.

I thought about that and I like variety too, but for those of us that like a wide spread I still want to know what you like most or go to more often.

Well, in that case, I find myself preferring clear pred personality when it's more in the 4-5 range, usually 4 because it's hard to do 5 right without being over-the-top. It's easier to work that into a fatal scenario.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby JaredTheCat » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm

I like my preds to be kind. I prefer willing vore, digestion or not. If digestion, sentient fat. Pred on occasion, teasing their meals, but not too far.
To live is to die, to eat is to digest, and to sing is to entertain.
JaredTheCat
Heavy user

Postby Littledude » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:40 pm

I would have to say middle of the road since I tend to do macro/micro in settings where it's normalized so the predator isn't any more sadistic to their prey than the average person is towards a baloney sandwich, although just someone is out there taunting/ coddling their subway right now sometimes I do have it happen for various reasons.
My gallery: http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Littledude

Commission info: blog.php?b=18503 /Currently Closed
Littledude
---

Postby Tigermouse » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 pm

I prefer they just express themselves, more than anything.

Isn't that the nature of power?
Last edited by Tigermouse on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermouse
New to the forum

Postby quickcrunch » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:03 pm

I like a wide variety of scenes, but my favorite of all tends to be the cruel pred that torments the poor prey while sweet talking them into submission during the whole time. So I'd say fairly sadistic, but there are cases where they decide not to digest so they can continuously play with the prey, or the digest, and reform since they find the prey to be a fun toy. I'd say it's a 3-5 when it comes to cruelty since even my nicer preds still have a rather cruel heartless side that persists especially when enraged. The only time you'd ever see one of my preds lower in the cruelness scale would likely be after some in rp development of the extensive sort. Sometimes kind preds can also be a mood I'm in as well, but most of the time, for sure it's a 3-5 more than half of the time.
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby hernextmeal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:44 pm

I prefer super kind predators, I love the contrast between that and the naughty act they need to perform.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby threk » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 am

I prefer unwilling prey, so the main thing needed from the pred isn't so much how mean they are (although that does help), but how unempathetic/uncaring(/or in some scenarios just plain unaware) they are.
They can be doing the deed to specifically to make someone else suffer, just by being selfish when trying to get off or chasing some other form of satiation (which can in turn vary in how mean it is from "stfu get in me" to "I'm sorry but I just need a little more~"), or they could just be oblivious to the suffering they're inflicting. The important running theme is the dismissal of their prey's plight.
threk
Participator

Postby SiHiUiLiSiEi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:31 am

Voted a 2, but I can appreciate preds all over this range. My favorite kind lately is the sort that is sort of pursuing it through some emotional or physical need. I love the kind of character where the reality that they regularly eat and digest people causes a sort of whiplash. An otherwise good person who just happens to be a predator, with no practical way around it. Or someone who's just mentally busted in the kind of way that leaves them prone to sliding off the deep end and revealing a darker, more indulgent side of their nature. The kinds of preds who would apologize about eating you, but also really just sorta waffle around when you ask them to be let out, with hints stacking up second after second that they are, in fact, going to digest. Preds who 'have' the fetish being particularly exciting - particularly as the desperation potentially excites and saddens them in the same breath.

That or some sorta... voracious gremlin who just has all their conversation paths and intentions engineered to put people in their stomach. That being said, I even like for them to be kinda submissive and, while far from polite, generally loving. Kinda like the people that are just ruthlessly horny, and will 'kinda' take no for an answer, only to show up a few seconds later making another pass - nothing shuts them down, it just sorta sets them back. Predatory subs that kinda gobble people down on the command of others are also particularly delightful.
SiHiUiLiSiEi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Someone92 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:48 am

6 - Indifferent

In the end the prey is either just food or a tool for sexual gratification, why should the pred be concerned if the prey sees them as cruel or kind?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wamdueCastle » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:50 am

Someone92 wrote:6 - Indifferent

In the end the prey is either just food or a tool for sexual gratification, why should the pred be concerned if the prey sees them as cruel or kind?
i want to like this post
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:41 am

What does "mean" even mean? I tend to associate the word with a smallness and defensiveness of character, which is not something I really like to associate with predators. A mean predator is like a thin predator- there's something wrong with them, metabolically speaking.
I want them to be collected and self possessed, and to act and speak deliberately, with great awareness and presence of mind if the prey is close to them in power, or with an easy, practiced absent-mindedness if the prey is too far beneath them to warrant their focus.

They can torture their prey or coddle them, whatever brings them the most gratification. But meanness implies they resent their prey, which I don't like at all. Bullying should always be playful (with easy prey) or triumphant (with difficult prey), never spiteful.

The one exception is if the piece is trying to highlight the cruelty of being fed to a weak and detestable character, and the true predator is fate. I'm sure I've probably seen that done before, but I can't think of any examples where it worked for me off the top of my head.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby wamdueCastle » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:32 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:, and to act and speak deliberately, with great awareness and presence of mind if the prey is close to them in power, or with an easy, practiced absent-mindedness if the prey is too far beneath them to warrant their focus.

They can torture their prey or coddle them, whatever brings them the most gratification.
more stuff I want to like
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sharystria » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:40 am

*waves* Gentle pred here. I seem to go a different route than some of the people I know in the sense I'd rather comfort my prey before eating them. Unless they're particularly evil prey, then it's just "Good bye *gulp!*"
Sharystria
New to the forum

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:33 am

Sharystria wrote:*waves* Gentle pred here. I seem to go a different route than some of the people I know in the sense I'd rather comfort my prey before eating them. Unless they're particularly evil prey, then it's just "Good bye *gulp!*"

Nice.
I guess I'm similar, though I try not to make moral judgements once we're at that point.
I try to talk to my prey the way Death talks to me, to the extent I'm able to give them my full attention. If they're afraid, I want to strengthen them; if they're lonely and desolate I want to comfort them; if they're arrogant I want to tease them; if they're oblivious I want to terrify them.
But yeah, if they are totally empty inside, and I can't find any purchase to make them see me, there's no point dragging it out.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby wamdueCastle » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:46 am

reading this thread has me thinking, one thing I always enjoy is couples who live their lives, like their kink is the most normal thing in the world, so if I was to be considered prey by a predator, that is how I would like it to be. So for example it could be a case, of them putting my hand on their stomach and saying something like "it will be your turn soon", or just talking about how much they are looking forward to eating me, and good im gonna taste, like im the Sunday roast.
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:10 am

The kinder the better. I like kind predators to the point of caring for or protecting the prey. Being a little teasy is a big yes too, but only if it's playful so 1 or 2 for me. I tend to like 1 a bit better so I voted that. A 3 would be awesome for an unaware scenario, but I like it when those turn aware and willing later.
Jayezox
---

Postby wynonna » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 pm

WTH, I thought I posted something last night? Oh well, gives me a chance to tweak my reply.
I think a predator should be as nice, or as aggressive as the given situation calls for. Most of my characters I do are doing vore as a kind of hero scenario.
My Admiral Goodgut stuff, when she was on the planet Gideon, she was there to provide the people with an escape form their situation they perceived as an honorable one. Here it was the the so called predator that was sympathetic and understanding, and it was actually the prey that became aggressive!
On the other hand, when AKJG set out to end the Bog Queen's rein of terror, it was Katherine who was the aggressive one. Aggressive, but heroic!
wynonna
Participator

Postby VoraciousVie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 pm

I've always loved Cruel Predators. The type who are folks that taunt and flaunt their own egos without any care in the world towards the well-being of others... And any care they might have is just cause of how good that prospective meal might be in the future. Not to mention I've always enjoyed generally flaunting their positions of dominance and just having fun with their prey as they prepare to chomp 'em down.

Cruel has always been my lean, so long as I can remember :lol:
Always hungry, never enough~!
VoraciousVie
New to the forum

Postby VornyNegaPosi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:13 am

In my vore fantasies i imagine the predator having a stomach ache from their meal and not enjoying the feeling, i figure that most of the characters i like to think of would act like that if they were in that situation. I'm not sure if that has a place on the scale, since it's neither cruelty or kindness. It's just them going like "Ooohh no, i don't feel very good. I wish i had this out of me." while the prey is wriggling and panicking inside. They might feel bad about eating someone but they also might not think about what they're putting their meal through since the focus will be more on the stronger unwell feeling they have.

There are times when i do like the idea of the pred enjoying the meal too. They could enjoy the sensation of the prey shifting and moving inside. They could playfully tease the unfortunate victim, though i don't want it to get into abuse or insults. It could be a response about how the meal feels good, or it could be about how the prey lost to the pred in some way. There could be other options i like but i can't think of at the moment. Generally there's not a lot of concern for the prey. Currently the character i am interested in doesn't allow for this kind of response in my head, but it's a nice thing to think about.
Presenting: some sprite edits!!!

Image Image
VornyNegaPosi
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion