Usual Vore tax

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Usual Vore tax

Postby AraAraAdict » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:33 pm

i've been surfing the net for quite a time now but havent had any luck. how much do artist tend to charge for vore?

i know one that charges about 100$ extra for the vore fetish, other that goes higher and lower, they arent into vore and thats what they say to charge me 100$+

so that sparked my curiosiity, how much is aceptable to price vore art?

i know art is subjetive and artists are entitled to charge whatever they want, but there must be some general grounds.

and since this place is full of amazing vore loving folks, i find no better place to ask than this
AraAraAdict
New to the forum

Re: Usual Vore tax

Postby quickcrunch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:58 am

High quality artists should charge a lot for their work, I've seen very high quality vore artists go over $200, the art was well worth the price honestly. Maybe artists who take commissions should be paid fairly since some make a living off of their artwork. It's honestly very dependent on the quality of the art, but usually the average artist charges $50+ or a little higher, or lower if they have decent artwork.
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby MaxTwenty » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:17 am

Someone who wants to draw vore will charge less, someone who doesn't want to might charge more. Maybe way more. And maybe say keep this between us I don't want this to become my thing. There are no general grounds aside from whether you're willing to pay for it or not.
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tetrahedra » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 am

IMO you shouldn't ask artists who aren't into something/comfortable with something to draw it just because you have money. There are plenty of artists who specifically draw vore, have commissions open, and would be more than happy to take your money for their work.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItsSongxing » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 am

You have a whole website full of talented artists here on this website, and it's a safe bet that all of them are perfectly happy drawing for the vore community.

Work with them. You'd be supporting our community that way, and won't have to worry about a "vore tax".
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Mecho » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:43 am

It really depends.

How the artist validate their own work. I have seen SO many artists that charge to little for the work they do (This is Very common from what i have seen). Maybe they feel they aren't "perfect" on there for take to little. But taking 10-30USD for a full shade pic that looks decent is way to little.

And some take to much. (No advanced skills/Just learnt how to draw/haven't drawn for so long/ Do it as a hobby) Nothing wrong with doing so. Self validation is a tricky one. It's great to validate ones own work high. But if you want to sell, and your prices is the same as artists that can handle complex pieces, you are kicking yourself in the face. Start "low", and go up with skills, recognition and experience.

How long have the artist being around? If you manage to get a name out in the community, the price will rice. Yet again, it can be personal for the artist.

Skills. If the artist does very complex work, with advanced shading and such. The price will likely go up.

If the commissions is a living, or a hobby. If you are making a living out of it, you need to take out Value-added tax
for example.

All and all 100USD for a complex piece isn't much. Maybe the artist put 5+ hours in the pic. Want to find an artist here? You got plenty!
Here: viewforum.php?f=83

Some artist aren't there. But you can go to the ones you like and look at their commission stats or just ask them.
Good luck! :)
Mecho
---

Postby thefattestL » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:40 pm

I've never charged for my art, and if people suggest a pic or want something specific drawn I'll usually do it for free. I can see how other people would wan money for their pics though.
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:38 am

So, a normal commission price for an illustration would be in the $300-$400. This would be for something like comicbook cover art, fantasy book cover art or internal art in a book. This varies depending on complexity and sometimes some other factors like working relationship with the publisher. (And obviously larger publications commissioning top tier talent pay a lot more for it.)

When you get into art community commissions, like on this site and deviant art, you will probably notice lower rates.

Lower rates are due to,

1: Doing very focused commissions. For example, on DA there are a bunch of artists doing female fan art pinups. If you do a lot of one thing, you can be pretty efficient in that one category.

2: Community discount. Depending on how the artist works professionally, commissions may not be a primary source of income, and may not be claimed on their taxes. This is also related to what I mentioned above about professional relationship. If a commissioner presents a really easy working relationship, then the artist may charge less.

3: Lack of ability / imposter syndrome. When the artist views their art as inferior to other artists and is trying to price accordingly.

When you look at a community site like this one, most of the pricing you see is below market rate, and often the artist is making less than minimum wage. If you go to a similar focused community that is not necessarily vore focused, lets say FA as an example. Then you attempt to commission vore art from a non-vore artist, they will probably ask for more money for that reason.

Additionally, vore is a thing that can be difficult to depict, and an artist may charge more because they will have to spend more time working on the piece.

Regardless, I wouldn't call it a vore tax.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VictorBound » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:14 am

I have a few artist friends, who are VERY GOOD artists who just frankly dont want to be associated with vore, so, they charge hella high rates if people want them to draw it. Its mostly to deter the type of art they dont want to draw away. but, if someone wants to drop $200 on a piece, they would gladly take the money if its REALLY good.

But, again, every artist is different. The quality of work, and demand they receive regularly all affect how much they will charge. sometimes, if they keep getting too many requests, they will raise their prices. others who are newer, just want to get work out there and dont feel so confident, so they charge less. Professional illustrators can charge $2,000 per piece. Fun story, one artist on deviantart got paid 50k for a special custom art piece in an auction.

At the end of the day few things to keep in mind:

1- vore art itself is both suuuuper niche, and often ridiculed or viewed in a negative light online. Most artists who dont already work in that area, will have various reasons they dont like it or want to be associated with it, making it harder to find people willing to draw it.

2- every artist is in a different place in terms of skills and time available, this is what really affects the wide range of pricing.

3- a good price for art is a price YOU decide you are ok spending on a piece. Art is subjective, value is assigned by the viewer of art.

4- search through vore artists here, or post in the forums if you want something commissioned. there are plenty who would gladly draw what you want for a reasonable price.

5- find an artist who draws in the STYLE you LIKE. it can be hard for some artists to break their usual style so you want to go with people who already draw the kinds of things you want made.
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redicicle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 pm

Mecho wrote:It really depends.

How the artist validate their own work. I have seen SO many artists that charge to little for the work they do (This is Very common from what i have seen). Maybe they feel they aren't "perfect" on there for take to little. But taking 10-30USD for a full shade pic that looks decent is way to little.

And some take to much. (No advanced skills/Just learnt how to draw/haven't drawn for so long/ Do it as a hobby) Nothing wrong with doing so. Self validation is a tricky one. It's great to validate ones own work high. But if you want to sell, and your prices is the same as artists that can handle complex pieces, you are kicking yourself in the face. Start "low", and go up with skills, recognition and experience.

How long have the artist being around? If you manage to get a name out in the community, the price will rice. Yet again, it can be personal for the artist.

Skills. If the artist does very complex work, with advanced shading and such. The price will likely go up.

If the commissions is a living, or a hobby. If you are making a living out of it, you need to take out Value-added tax
for example.

All and all 100USD for a complex piece isn't much. Maybe the artist put 5+ hours in the pic. Want to find an artist here? You got plenty!
Here: viewforum.php?f=83

Some artist aren't there. But you can go to the ones you like and look at their commission stats or just ask them.
Good luck! :)

Yeah my heart sinks a little bit when I see people in countries with a high cost of living charging $15 for full shaded pieces that are basically digital painting quality. I'm like "you're either super fast or you're making $3/hour max."

I also think high priced low quality is a thing mostly because someone either can't bear to charge under minimum wage but does not have the skills to be competitive and is super slow, or they realize they have a captive market of people willing to throw money at MS Paint grade work.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Redicicle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:13 pm

With regards to $100 *extra*, what is the base range we're talking about? $100 "vore tax" on a $30 commission would be quite something. $100 "vore tax" on some $300 multipage comic, animation, or very high quality shaded work is quite different. I'd prefer honestly if vore people commissioned artists who had a non-vore tax lol. Doesn't make non-vore artists draw what they're not necessarily comfortable with and helps vore artists.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AraAraAdict » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:00 pm

ok so the thing is, i am not looking for artists that already are in the vore fandom, for that i can very much choose from a very good selection. but i want to commission some artist i do like from other things, they have a decent style and good coloring and what not.

but the thing is that most of them arent into vore, and charge extra for the extreme kinks, vore, scat, water sports the usual suspects.

to put things in an example, i am requesting a 2 character commission.

2 characters + background + vore tax
45$ 15$ 100$

total: 160$

let me be clear i do not mind paying that "vore tax" i am just asking because i genuinely have the curiosity of how much is the average that artists charge for drawing things they dont want.

i dont want to hire a vore artist, these artist have the style i want, and since the charge a bit extra for vore, that means they worth money more than what they worth their own taste

so if artists can charge money to draw things they dont like, i can hire them to draw things i like, so going with an all on board vore artist, is cheaper yes, but not what i want.

i am just curious as for who of you have had this situation before, artist charging you extra for vore, and how much it tends to be?
i am a methodical person, i like to put things into statistics, some like to write, some like to draw, i like to make studies and understand the general concept and the deeper ramifications

so my question is, in YOUR experience with "vore tax"... how tends to be the tax for you?
AraAraAdict
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:26 pm

I still don't think you're going to get a definite number from us. Every artist sets their own prices. There's a lot of variables like skill level, popularity, their target audience and how far you're taking them from that, are they even able to publicly post it, how stubborn are they, what are their regular art prices, how busy are they, how open minded are they, and it goes on. You're just going to have to ask for quotes. I am an artist and I have a hard time deciding on prices for my own work.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:55 pm

I don't think we can answer your question.

First off, most people do not attempt to commission fetish art from artists that have not signaled that they are open to that kind of thing.

Second, every artist's situation is going to be different.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Amirkun » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:44 am

Vore artworks can be more detailed and I think that the rates depend solely on the artist that is making them. As far as I am concerned, I think I already saw several artists in this forum who are showing their vore artworks. They were actually pretty amazing, I just don't know how much they cost.
Amirkun
Been posting for a bit

Postby Winny » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am

Generally you want to go to the fandom of the type of fetish you want drawn. You wouldn't go to a yuri fandom for disposal artwork, likewise you wouldn't go to a yaoi fandom for unbirth, and you wouldn't go to a crossdressing fandom for large breasts.

If you want a specific art piece done go to the fandom and communities of the type of fetish you want. Then there isn't a "Tax," there is great artists in every fandom and fetish. From Vore to Gore, to Vanilla to BDSM. You just gotta find the community itself.

The reason artists outside the community charge sky high rates for vore while not being in the community is the stigma of vore. It's like mainstream artists that nuke their NSFW artwork when they get a job in a 9/5 for their artwork, no one wants to be known for something with a stigma.

All in all, support the local fandoms, search and do research. And understand peoples limits.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mecho » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:39 am

I don't have much more to say. Thing people in this threat nailed it down very well.

Just one thought. Is it really a good idea commissioning someone who usually doesn't draw vore? Maybe their art looks great, but that doesn't mean they can handle vore well. Being a vorarephile, you have this sense of what details that is important for the fetish and so on. As a none vore peep maybe you don't know that? And the artwork will lack focus and details on the important parts?

I can have hella wrong though!

And there is no thing as a "Vore tax" Just a "Oh-shit-I-don't-wan't-to-draw-that-you-need-to-pay-me-more" thingy.
Mecho
---

Postby Redicicle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 am

AraAraAdict wrote:ok so the thing is, i am not looking for artists that already are in the vore fandom, for that i can very much choose from a very good selection. but i want to commission some artist i do like from other things, they have a decent style and good coloring and what not.

but the thing is that most of them arent into vore, and charge extra for the extreme kinks, vore, scat, water sports the usual suspects.

to put things in an example, i am requesting a 2 character commission.

2 characters + background + vore tax
45$ 15$ 100$

total: 160$

let me be clear i do not mind paying that "vore tax" i am just asking because i genuinely have the curiosity of how much is the average that artists charge for drawing things they dont want.

i dont want to hire a vore artist, these artist have the style i want, and since the charge a bit extra for vore, that means they worth money more than what they worth their own taste

so if artists can charge money to draw things they dont like, i can hire them to draw things i like, so going with an all on board vore artist, is cheaper yes, but not what i want.

i am just curious as for who of you have had this situation before, artist charging you extra for vore, and how much it tends to be?
i am a methodical person, i like to put things into statistics, some like to write, some like to draw, i like to make studies and understand the general concept and the deeper ramifications

so my question is, in YOUR experience with "vore tax"... how tends to be the tax for you?

I don't think many of us have such expectations because we don't exactly do this very often. My instinct would be "I can draw whatever I want" and if for some reason I wanted to pay someone else, I'd presumeably pay someone who's also a vore artist and just find the style I want.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion