What makes vore art good?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What makes vore art good?

Postby Mecho » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:06 am

Yes. As the title says :) What do you guys think makes a vore pic good?
Though. I don't want this to be about pred or prey preferences. So no gender, species or other discussion like that here please!

Think about more as a technical term.
For example. You can see two rather similar pics of the same situation, same pred, same prey, same environment and so on. But the other one is way more attractive for you to look at. What makes that other pic stand out?

Me for example. I like pics with a feel of depth. Also, textures "interact" with other textures are super important. Like, if a character touch something fleshy. I want the flesh to be affected by the touch of the hand.
Last edited by Mecho on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mecho
---

Re: What makes vore art good?

Postby MrSinister1990 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:03 am

For me its a varied amount of things. I am a bit of an art snob, so I do like high-quality art. What do I class as high quality? Portions are all correct, decent belly size. I don't mind blown portions if they still make some sorta sense. Samples of this would be like Dinner-Kun on da. Big asses but still somewhat could be real.

Here are some of my favourite artists that embody all of my qualities in good art.

- Bigbig
- Dinner Kun (3d Artist)
- Metalforever
- AOIISA
- CasseyINko

To name a handful, there are of course many many more favourite artists. :-D :gulp: But yeah that's what I deem to be good vore art.
MrSinister1990
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fastwaffle » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:06 am

for me it's internal shots and the shapes of belly bulges. internal shots are perhaps my favorite aspect of vore so getting those right is crucial in my opinion. so when the internals are low of a lower quality, the image suffers. slimy interiors, darker shading/coloring and shapely fleshy walls can make such a difference.
also the belly bulges, i think those can really make or break an image. you can see a bunch of different belly bulges that are just simple boring circles with no real defining features. i really dislike those. but once you start adding details to the bulge like some outlines of the prey or stretch marks and such then it becomes much better in my opinion. but at the same time to much emphasis on the outlines can make the image look jarring and weird.
fastwaffle
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nekiame » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:09 am

The quality of the art will often influence things, but some styles are much more simpler and still look good. I've also taken note of, images that are obviesly hand-drawn on paper, I tend to find art drawn in such ways compared to digitally has some extra flair to them which can make some lower quality art gain some more atraction in my eyes.
Nekiame
Participator

Postby Randomdude5 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:39 am

I guess I like high quality art with lots of detail, for example ninjartist is my favorite. Art doesnt have to be fantastic for me to like it tho it just needs female prey and internals.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:45 am

Well, I personally like technically well executed pieces—good use of line, color, contour, perspective, etc. However, for me personally, having themes that I enjoy and characters I like is equally important. A well-drawn scene that doesn't feature kinks I like or characters that attract me doesn't appeal, and conversely, a mediocre drawing with characters and themes I enjoy can shine.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Attention to detail where it's naturally most important for vore art (mouths, internals, pred and prey expression, etc. as appropriate) is a big factor, as well as novel artstyles and execution since vore within the same subgenre can become somewhat samey and boring if not mixed up. For oral vore especially, perspective and a sense of the third dimension makes things really vivid, but you might be able to say that of all art.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby fixated1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:12 pm

Mecho wrote:Me for example. I like pics with a feel of depth. Also, textures "interact" with other textures are super important. Like, if a character touch something fleshy. I want the flesh to be affected by the touch of the hand.

I agree with this. It's disappointing when a micro is sitting on a tongue that might as well be a block of granite. I want to see the squish and the wetness. I try to highlight it in my own work. Another thing I like is sequential art taking its time and doesn't rush through the best parts. Karbo does a really good job showing you the prey in the predator's mouth and getting swallowed for a very satisfying amount of panels. Other than that, skill and style. Good line work and a good grasp on color obviously elevates the quality, but having a unique or very appealing style can just as well.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gutlover » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:04 pm

While I don't mind anime style art, I think the best is when it's a blend between cartoonish, and realistic. NitroTitan, Metalforever, Gregol, JessicaRae (sadly she deleted her account), and a few others who names I forget are great examples of "Good anime vore art", I'm not trying to pick on other artists who are talented in their own right, but those are my kind of preferences.

In terms of realistic work, some good examples are Tincanman, Faultyvault, and BigBig's earlier works. I say his earlier work because I'm more a fan of true same size instead of the mini giantesses he's fond of doing now. As with before, I'm sure I'm leaving out some great artists who's name I can't remember. But for me I love detailed face or hand bulges, good shading, and realistic proportions.

I also enjoy some micro prey, but only if it's done right. Jorabora and Karbo are in my opinion the best micro artists around.
Last edited by Gutlover on Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tetrahedra » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:23 pm

The facial expressions need to be good. There's regular smug, and then there's "you're digesting in my stomach" smug. There's scared, and there's "I'm trapped inside of a stomach" scared.

Honestly, though, as long as I like the concept or the characters involved in a piece, I'll probably like it. Not super picky.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gutlover » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 pm

Tetrahedra wrote:The facial expressions need to be good. There's regular smug, and then there's "you're digesting in my stomach" smug. There's scared, and there's "I'm trapped inside of a stomach" scared.

Definitely, I love it when the pred is cruel and the prey is genuinely terrified.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Winny » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:41 pm

The art has to explain the situation in how it is shown. Expressions can tell a story in itself, how the two characters prey and pred hold themselves as well. The little descriptive bits of details of sounds to the debate between the two parties.

As long as the art explains the story in itself then I'm happy. But when it comes to a single thing, just like the debate on gender pairings its subjective. Everyone takes something different away, some only care for art that focus on certain body parts. Mouth, throat, stomach. Ectect.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AsterRose3rd » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:11 pm

:D The things I like about vore is because of the fact that its a fantasy fetish who's ending is entirely up to the person interested in it and how they prefer it to end. Theirs also something romantic about it but I can't quite put my finger on it.
AsterRose3rd
New to the forum

Postby Amirkun » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:50 am

I think its the details that make it look good. although it can be expressed in simple sketches or drafts, what amazes me is when people pay attention to detail. How do they do that? I wish I have skills like that and imagination like that.
Amirkun
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion