Anyone like vore nonsexually/disgusted by the fetish?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Anyone like vore nonsexually/disgusted by the fetish?

Postby ChewDoo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:52 am

Hi. I realize this is an odd question to ask on a fetish site but...

Is anyone else only interested in vore nonsexually? I don't know if there's a terminology for it.

I really like sharp teeth and want to be eaten (safely) by dragons or some other beast, but while I do get pleasure from the idea, it's not sexual pleasure. In fact, I actually find myself disgusted by sexualized vore.
Is there anyone else out there? I'd love to talk and hear your story and what you have to say about the topic.

If you want to DM me on Discord, my name is:
The Dixieland Diddler#7957
ChewDoo
New to the forum

Re: Anyone like vore nonsexually/disgusted by the fetish?

Postby InDepthLook » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:13 am

yes and no...

vore has been sexual for me for a long time, longer than I care to admit, but there are certainly times when sex doesn't really fit into it. There are preds that I wanna curl up into the tummy of, but I'm not sexually attracted to them. Mostly because I'm ace, but still.

I found that sexual vore helped me fulfill the pleasure I got from imagining being eaten, and sometimes I can only orgasm if I've got some vore to help. (tmi maybe) but it's also nice to sit and scroll through some of my favorite preds or art pieces, and just feel nice about it. There are characters that make me feel weak in the stomach, like butterflies, because I imagine them eating me, keeping me safe with them, but it's rarely sexual in nature. I'd dare say it's never sexual in those specific situations.

Basically, unless I'm in the Mood, vore isn't very sexual to me.
InDepthLook
Been posting for a bit

Postby ReptileKing23 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:36 am

ChewDoo wrote:Hi. I realize this is an odd question to ask on a fetish site but...

Is anyone else only interested in vore nonsexually? I don't know if there's a terminology for it.

I really like sharp teeth and want to be eaten (safely) by dragons or some other beast, but while I do get pleasure from the idea, it's not sexual pleasure. In fact, I actually find myself disgusted by sexualized vore.
Is there anyone else out there? I'd love to talk and hear your story and what you have to say about the topic.

No offense M8 but If ya don't fancy sexual vore think you're in the wrong place!
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby NightRoller » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:30 am

I think non-sexual vore exists here. I've written at least one myself, I think. But I'll agree that it's not so common here.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheDragonBoy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:44 am

Vore definitely started out non-sexual for me. I have what could easily be called “vore stories” going back to a time before I knew what sex or “vore” was. I can still distinctly get the “pleasure” of vore separately from any sexual pleasure, I just find personally that the two mix well for my tastes. But I could definitely see someone who wasn’t into the sexual side still enjoying vore content.

For me, I think a lot of my attachment to vore was the concept of having a powerful, dangerous friend, who could quite possibly prove deadly to anyone, but not to me. I always liked that idea. That sounds admittedly childish now that I write it, but I am quoting from my 8-14 year old self, so I guess that fits.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nerdrarg » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 pm

ChewDoo wrote:Hi. I realize this is an odd question to ask on a fetish site but...

You're not alone in that. Maybe however in the minority.

But I find it tiresome and boring when it always devolves into, "She was eaten and then played with herself as it happened"

I don't find it disgusting though. Liking being eaten/others being eaten would be seen by an outsider as disgusting, so who are we to judge?

I just wish we could search by a "non-sexual" tag.

My preference is female prey being swallowed soft vore, and all of the throat muscles squeezing her face and butt and body all over. That's the extent of my "sexual" interest in it.

Digestion I don't like too much, but I do like realism, and I think when it's willingly sexual, that is totally unrealistic for me, but that may be just me.

Either way, neither side should judge because come on, both sides are pretty weird for liking vore ;)

And I don't say "weird" like its a bad thing, just saying neither preference should be judged too harshly :)
Nerdrarg
Been posting for a bit

Postby Garz » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:01 pm

There are quite a few stories and pictures on this site that are non sexual. If this is expanded to media where the characters are wearing at least their underwear and no obvious sexual effects are happening, then there are a ton more. A healthy number of creators don't do that, although most of the ones I can think of in specific do more cartoony-focused style and less endo-comfort style.

Still, there are a lot of examples of what you're looking for on this very site, so it clearly appeals to a number of people!
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Skittles209 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Need a shrug icon. I wouldn't know for myself. Vore in movies and TV shows are great and I get no sexual triggers from it but them some just add in mouth play and other shit that is like. "How does anyone not see that as sexual!" Just replace the prey with a dick and suddenly that scene would be labeled as obscene but put something non phallic and people get grossed out, or creeped out or whatever.

So I guess context matters. Most would assume that sexual connotation would mean that I feel some sort of arousal. I actually find the purposefully sexy vore disgusting and accidentally sexy to be more natural. Kinda like the scene in meet the robinsons. Cannot really think of any other movies. Other land before time that feature moments like that. The pred or would be predator is dealing with a stubborn prey in its mouth and around its body. Not great but not bad. Considering some animals, mammals, that I've seen actively eat another creature in front of me. Monkeys, lions, and dogs that got a hold of some bird that hit its head or decided an area was safe.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby 157and493 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 pm

I only like vore sexually and I could probably never view it from a non-sexual standpoint.

However I often wonder how people who do like vore non-sexually feel on this site, I would imagine most of them are very frustrated due to constantly seeing something being sexualized when they want to enjoy from a non-sexual position, but I could be wrong.
157and493
Participator

Postby coop500 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 am

It can be frustrating yes 157and493, but it also gives me motivation to create more.

To answer the OP, yes, there are those of us who like vore purely for nonsexual reasons and don't see it as a lewd act (unless it's of course obviously meant to be by the characters involved).

I love vore in a safe, platonic cuddle sort of way, a way for the predator to protect and provide comfort to a small, helpless being with his entire body. There's something so... endearing to me about that, it fills me with a sense of peace, relaxation and happiness, but not in a sexual way at all. I've always liked vore in this context for as long as I can remember (as far back as 4 years old) and I personally believe it's because I had/have a very lonely and sheltered life. I literally have no IRL friends, I could barely name... 3? People that I know that isn't family, and my brother and me were never close. My mother is alright, but my father's the problem. He made sure me and my brother never got to meet anybody, and still he controls me, and then now with COVID meeting new folks is even harder. Point is, I believe the idea of being scooped up and held in a safe, snug place (the belly) by a gentle predator is something my brain has started to fantasize about as a way to cope maybe? I dunno for sure.

My preferences in characters can be a bit controversial (see signature) but I promise to anybody reading this, it's not a sexual thing for me at all. Perhaps I just find enjoyment in seeing a child make a friend? Especially one that isn't exactly human, and perhaps was frowned upon by most as a monster/dangerous/scary, but is actually not that bad or even totally friendly/gentle. I don't know for sure why I have this... hobby/interest? All I do know is it has helped me out of some emotional rough patches. And making wholesome vore stories is one of the few things that keep me going in this life, as silly as that may sound.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby TastyAce » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:53 am

Totally, OP. I'm an asexual person and enjoy vore in a non-sexual way, though I write plenty of sexual vore stories for others.
I take writing commissions and create new vore games EVERY MONTH!

(The art of my crowsona in the banner is by RichardVRP.)
TastyAce
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghrelin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:26 am

There are plenty of people around who like vore in a non-sexual way. Not sure why anyone would assume otherwise; there's no one way to look at vore. It can be exciting, comforting, cool, scary, funny, or just interesting to someone without being sexually arousing. Some of us also like it both ways. And then there are people who do like it sexually, but don't like to see actual sexual content in the vore itself. Preferences and interests are pretty widely varied.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:16 am

I am like vore mostly... in non-sexual way, just like a ideas of someone vores somebody in various ways, heh :)
However, theres some specific voracious aspects/scenarios i am like to see in sexual/sensual way, or romantic way.
As Ghrelin said, you can do have varied interests and preferences on it. :silly:

(70% non-sexual/platonic interest/30% sexual fetish)
I am create an peace within chaos i have in my doomed mind ♪

I am a enjoyer of dark, morbid and passionate M/F, with unwillingness and fatality ♡
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eaterjolly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:16 am

ChewDoo wrote:Anyone else only interested in vore nonsexually?

I beared the curiousity myself, so I took special care to notice asexuals I encounter on the site.
Not as sure how many antilibidoists we have, but we have CutenessOverlord, Aces, and Merodi.
We might have some great contributors bilefangz, Ursa, Somiad, or Syndrome.
Look at my favourites to start digging deeper to find more.

ChewDoo wrote:I don't know if there's a terminology for it.

Vore fandom. I wrote the esperanto wikipedia article on vore.
Furry fandom translates to "Felanaro", so I translated vore "Voranaro".
-an- meaning "partisan" or "one who partakes in" and -aro meaning group or set.

Not locally, but for aversion to sexuality even in art the asexual community refers to that as antilibidoism.
Sounds either like a slur or overly self-serious, but I and a few others think antilibidoism might save the world one day.

ChewDoo wrote:I really like sharp teeth and want to be eaten (safely) by dragons

Very mainstream. Vore needs more of that, but done carefully else that will weaken the fandom.

ChewDoo wrote:If you want to DM me on Discord, my name is:

I've wanted to create a community for asexual macro/micro + vore on the fediverse.
Fediverse describes an in many ways more ethical, more adventurous alternative to discord, or popular social media.
It throws back to the days of geocities, myspace, etc, but without as many people satisfied with digital serfdom.
Anywayz, if you want to adventure with me, follow this link down one of the rabbitholes: https://neko.bar/
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:27 pm

My long-form works feature non-sexualized vore, and that element has been what repulses the readers here the most. (The second would be the themes of domination and submission, but I digress.) The predators are literally and simply predators. Neither predator nor prey are "voranaro" as eaterjolly would put it. That was the standard in vore writing back in the early days, or at least that's how I recall it, but 'alternate' vore changed things. Cock vore and unbirth have an explicit sexual dimension. Over the years, I've seen the standards changed to the point where the presumption is that all characters doing the big nom, or getting the big nommed, are going to be turned on by it in some way. In fact, questioning this trope will usually earn responses like,
ReptileKing23 wrote:No offense M8 but If ya don't fancy sexual vore think you're in the wrong place!

Please note that his highness 23 certainly doesn't mean in harm with his statement here. This is, after all, say it with me, a matter of taste. It is a taste that has become so prevalent, like salt and pepper, that we don't even think to tag it where it exists. For what it matters, ChewDoo, I have been rather satiated in my time with sexualized vore, and among the list of people that actively, deliberately choose not to use it in their written works.

...Most of them, anyway. The ones worth sharing. Also, I draw a lot of unbirth and cock vo--The point is here is that it's not strictly black and white, here! I wonder if I'm undermining or re-enforcing my greater point here. A N Y W A Y...
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby eaterjolly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:10 pm

ObsidianSnake wrote:That was the standard in vore writing back in the early days, or at least that's how I recall it, but 'alternate' vore changed things. Cock vore and unbirth have an explicit sexual dimension. Over the years, I've seen the standards changed to the point where the presumption is that all characters doing the big nom, or getting the big nommed, are going to be turned on by it in some way. In fact, questioning this trope will usually earn responses like,

I disagree, because I would single-handedly give the credit to Karbo. If you look at Karbo's DA on the wayback machine, you'll see evidence of conversations about the new aesthetic. I think having a juxaposition between cold taxonomical documentation of fantasy ecology and the moral fairytales of sentience in food chains, is important as it draws the audience closer to the ethics of real world diet. Felarya does pretty well, which serves as the reason I want to translate Felarya to esperanto. Perhaps even take advantage of the map to add in intermediary pages of text and light story for language acquisition purposes. I haven't even asked Karbo yet, so I digress.
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:37 pm

eaterjolly wrote:I disagree, because I would single-handedly give the credit to Karbo. If you look at Karbo's DA on the wayback machine, you'll see evidence of conversations about the new aesthetic. I think having a juxaposition between cold taxonomical documentation of fantasy ecology and the moral fairytales of sentience in food chains, is important as it draws the audience closer to the ethics of real world diet. Felarya does pretty well, which serves as the reason I want to translate Felarya to esperanto. Perhaps even take advantage of the map to add in intermediary pages of text and light story for language acquisition purposes. I haven't even asked Karbo yet, so I digress.

To be fair, I was talking out my cloaca a bit there, but it was how I saw the collective body of works evolve.

I was talking about this with somebody else on here, and they pointed out that there's a dimension of self-insert and projection to the way that the sexualization is depicted. In other words, the predator and prey are voriphiles in the same way that the artist/commissioner, and maybe their presumed audience are.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby eaterjolly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:20 pm

You probably experienced the early vore fiction differently : p

ObsidianSnake wrote:they pointed out that there's a dimension of self-insert and projection to the way that the sexualization is depicted.

People have said that about the sexualization of loli or shota. Vore can have Jungian psychology, especially with the growing phenomenon of predscapes.

I particularly liked one related MLP fanfiction:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/387996/a-small-issue
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Postby blergle » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:11 am

I like non-sexual vore sometimes, and I like sexual vore sometimes, it all just depends on my mood and the scenario. An example--hard vore. Never sexual for me, that's a major boner-killer, but I can still enjoy it on a par with any other fiction and sometimes it's satisfying to read like if a horrible person gets their head bitten off. I suppose I've never thought of it as a fetish because there are lots of other sexual things I enjoy and I don't actually *need* vore to get off, it's just one flavor of many in the kink buffet. And it's another type of horror fiction in the nonsexual fiction array. So I get enjoyment out of it in varying ways.
blergle
---

Postby Randomness » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Aha, my SPECIALTY!

So, there's a duplicity here: vore, in and of itself, is hard to separate from any sexual connotations. This is layered with vore becoming more mainstream (isn't that fearful? People are now ARE of what vore is, to the point of memedom) and the vast majority of content creators being voraphiles themselves. So, of course, it's peppered with their personal tastes.

All that being taken into account, I view vore as a medium of storytelling. My friend ObsidianSnake tackles this along with some of my previous work; vore is a thematic vehicle. You can craft a story with unique subtext based solely on the relationship between a predator and prey. This is, for the most part, uncharted territory and literature and thus is rich in unique takes. There are works on this site that, without the vore tag, can be viewed impartially as good pieces of literature. This is because vore, or rather predator/prey roles, are used as a metaphor for real life experiences: classism, racism, vegetarianism... lots of isms.

Complex answers aside, I've had people read some of my works who had no concept of vore and they enjoyed the story for what it is. This is easier done with hard vore than soft vore (enormous bellies and swallowing can be hard to imagine for the uncoditioned), but I digress.
Randomness
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion