Day to digest Or 3 hours = Rapid digestion?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Day to digest Or 3 hours = Rapid digestion?

Postby MidNightOwlArt » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:27 pm

I don’t know if there is a topic about this yet so please excuse me if i made another but...

I was been curious about fast digestion in vore
I long as i been here i read plenty of vore stories about the pred want to digest the prey in only a few hours.
Some, if not all going like this.

Pred see the prey,
pred eats the prey,
the pred goes to sleep to digest,
prey is digested by the next day,
Pred got a flat stomach with remains inside her/him/it.
Pred dispose the prey literally The same morning.

Don’t get me wrong i know most stories do this so whoever reads it can get to those details faster.
I like the idea of a woman voring me off the street like a quick snack and be digested like it any other day in the world but it starting to become a trope at this point
Like even a hamburger takes either 4 days to a week to go through our digestive system but people getting vored can take only 3 hours to a full day to fully digest?
I feel like this should be in the “rapid digest” category of digestion, Granted a much slower “rapid digestion”.

————

What do you guys think? Should it be more in the Rapid Digest category or does it not?
And what would the difference be for 3 hours to digest to 3 minutes to digest in a “rapid” category?

I love to know what you guys think because this topic had been bothering me for a while.
MidNightOwlArt
Been posting for a bit

Re: Day to digest Or 3 hours = Rapid digestion?

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:10 pm

I guess it would depend on A, whether you count "digestion" as meaning the entire process from entering the mouth to exiting as waste, or as just emptying from the stomach itself; and B, whether you would consider digesting a human in the same amount of time as any normal food item to be "rapid", or if you're using typical digestion times for your basis of comparison regardless of size. And from there, how you choose to combine A with B for your idea of whether it's "rapid" or not. :^P

Personally, I would consider anything that completes the whole process in less than one full day to be rapid digestion, as that would be fast even for normal food--even so a human would realistically take much longer to digest than, say, a cheeseburger, so ymmv.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Randomdude5 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:17 pm

I agree with you; digestion is too fast in most stories partly because I am a slow digestion fan. Macro/micro vore should take a little longer for the prey to be digested than normal food because they arent chewed but same size would take a very long time. Your statement about a hamburger taking 4 days to a week sounds wrong tho. I think same size vore writers should do some research on the digestive systems of large snakes and some frogs and maybe pelicans and definitely some of those deep sea fish that can swallow prey as large as themselves or maybe bigger for inspiration. I think that the "one night digestion" is because writers are copying from others a little too much and it is because the digestion doesn't appeal to them and they are skipping it. Vore has a lot of leeway in what can be hand-waved and it is mostly up to personal preference. Im not trying to bash anyone but I saw the opportunity to complain and couldnt pass it up.
Last edited by Randomdude5 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby ItsSongxing » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:50 pm

I don't think it should be considered "rapid digestion" if it happens overnight. The category/tag is really meant to be for digestion that happens so fast that you can really watch it happen, and notice changes in real time. It's also a good way to emphasize either how worthless of a meal an entire person was, or to emphasize the efficacy of the predator's digestive system; that, despite being another person, they're eaten, churned to fat, and optionally disposed of in the time it takes to cover your favorite song.

As for overnight digestion itself, it's a good way to just get rid of the prey. Even if they're not digested, they're still dead as a doornail, whether digestion has just killed them without yet fully processing the body, or they asphyxiate, or what have you. There's not a whole lot that the pred can do after that besides digest, anyway, y'know?
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:22 pm

There was a thread on /vore/ where OP calculated that a person would take around 4 days to digest assuming the pred has the average human metabolism so--margin of error notwithstanding--we can use that for a ballpark estimate for what "average-length" digestion entails. Ofc, not everyone has the same metabolism, and you have to rewrite human biology to make vore feasible anyway, so you get a bit of leeway here. I would say that a good rule for what "rapid" is would be if the pred or an observer can look at the belly and visibly tell it's shrinking as they watch it.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:40 am

Shugoki, Yes, that sounds about right, but that's a normal person, not someone who can for unknown reasons injest a whole person. One would expect someone like that to have a digestive system able to be likewise accomodating.

MidNightOwlArt, normal food typically takes less than a day to be fully processed, then of course it can be held in the colon for days should the person for some reason be able to hold it all in. For example if you live on things that lead to little waste, such as soups and yoghurt and what not, then naturally you'll pee often enough and defecate more seldom.
But it's pretty natural for the body to once it's recieved a new meal hurry which ever meal is just about done to the exit, which is why so many need to go to the bathroom half an hour after a meal.

So if a predator sees a person as a normal meal, then it'd make sense if it took about as long to process it. And as pointed out above by ItsSongxing, rapid is something that happens significantly faster than that, typically so fast that you can see it happening.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby MidNightOwlArt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 am

Wow i never expected to see this topic boom so fast!
I think you all make a great point with all your suggestions and answers.

Randomdude5
“Your statement about a hamburger taking 4 days to a week sounds wrong tho.”

I was spitballing mostly and this how it usually works for me.
For example If i ate a double cheeseburger on Sunday i’m expecting it to come out around Saturday or next Sunday for me, now lets replace “cheeseburger” with a human XD you get the point?

Ghrelin
I agree with everything you said.

ItsSongxing
That what most stories i read on Eka having the prey be worthless in most cases, for example a school girl having a fallow student as a snack for break only sticking around for either 3-4 hours or just heading home post digesting.
For the most part i agree with your statement.

Shugoki
I think i seen that topic before but i hate math so everything was going right over my head lol.
But i agree there is a writer on Eka that did a AMAZING job on a much slower process of digestion that takes a whole week to digest someone in the stomach NOT the full process of it like most stories do.
Progressive is the artist that did this it the best read I ever read.

Throku
As i said with Randomdude5 i was spitballing and doing a example of my experience with food.
But i do agree.
Like that saying “spicy food goes right through me” Is not far from the truth i guess ^^;
MidNightOwlArt
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:14 pm

In general, a human takes about eight hours to process food through the small intestine and a day or a day and a half to process it through the large intestine. The food has to enter the small intestine pretty much as a liquid, however. Usually, this doesn't take long, as humans chew their food to a mush first. Since soft vore contraindicates this, presumably a swallowed creature would take much longer to break down into a fluid, and the fluid would be draining through the pylorus as layers digested off the swallowed creature. This is how it works for snakes.

But humans are not snakes; their digestive tracts don't handle large unchewed prey all that well. Snakes, which have evolved to swallow large, unchewed meals, have digestive tracts that prepare for such a meal even before it is swallowed: their intestines bulk up, doubling or tripling in size in anticipation of the incoming meal; human intestines don't prepare for a meal until it is swallowed. A snake's digestion is far more efficient—but even they can swallow a meal so large that it will rot in their stomachs and kill them before it is digested. I would expect this, aside from the actual physics of swallowing such a meal (what's the modulus of elasticity of a human mouth, skull, jaw ligaments, esophagus, trachea, spine, etc?), to leave same-size human-on-human vore to stay strictly in the "wild fantasy" category, so hand-wave it any way you like: reality doesn't enter into it.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:59 pm

ItsSongxing wrote:I don't think it should be considered "rapid digestion" if it happens overnight. The category/tag is really meant to be for digestion that happens so fast that you can really watch it happen, and notice changes in real time. It's also a good way to emphasize either how worthless of a meal an entire person was, or to emphasize the efficacy of the predator's digestive system; that, despite being another person, they're eaten, churned to fat, and optionally disposed of in the time it takes to cover your favorite song.

This answer hits the nail right on the head. The category of rapid digestion wouldn't be served well by being defined by an exact duration between throat and intestine, a comparison of meat-over-time ratios to actual human digestion rates, or anything creating a strict cutoff point. Rapid digestion is about whether it evokes the feeling of "wow, that was fast", usually combined with other impressions like ItsSongxing described above.

To that end, I also find that my own take on how I'd use the rapid digestion tag is dependent on the scene/setting of the work. If the world communicates to me that people get digested over the course of a day and someone can do it in 3 hours, I view it as rapid digestion—if people digest over the course of a week, doing it overnight is rapid to me. It's important to me, when I look for rapid digestion, that I feel like I'm focusing my view on an apex predator (or one with that potential).
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Peptidase » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:59 pm

I'd say the window for "rapid digestion" would be best measured in seconds, or at least minutes. Overnight seems like the "standard" time for meal digestion in most of the works I've seen, although noticable digestion over a few hours isn't abnormally fast, either. Depends on the setting/tastes of the artist/author, I guess.

As for taking more than a day or two from eating to defecating IRL, I'm pretty sure that's not normal. Are you getting enough fiber? Drinking enough water?
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:49 am

As others have said, rapid digestion is best defined as something you could see. personally I'd consider 1 hour from mouth to butt to be about the limit for typical rapid digestion, and more commonly it's minutes or seconds such as in an animation or for people with monster gut characters that treat prey like water treats salt.

These things are common because, of course, waiting around for a week is boring. most people don't want to watch a vore animation or roleplay out a weeks worth of monotonous digestion. I typically roleplay with a nap to finish absorption and disposal in the morning, as defining the actions of the pred over multiple days just isn't what me or my partners came here for. I would say week+ digestion times are better classified as simply slow digestion.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:39 am

In general all the tags on this site exist to help people find things that suit their preferences, not to selectively ignore and bizarrely stick to "proper science" when engaging in thinking about fun fantasy cannibalism. Like, I could work out with math that if you managed to eat an average adult person and then mostly laid around as you digested them, you would probably not gain more than 15-20 pounds, but that wouldn't change the minds of people who prefer slight vs. heavy weight gain post-digestion. The point being, the tags are flexible and mostly reflect the preferences of users. It sucks if you wish something could be defined a little differently, but sometimes looking for similar but not synonymous tags does the trick. It's still an interesting diversion to try to figure out where the line exists between opposite tags, I guess.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion