About ''Becoming part of something greater''

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

About ''Becoming part of something greater''

Postby JassonDragonWolf » Sun May 24, 2020 7:00 am

I wish to make an essay on vore and post it on FurAffinity, explaining it to newcomers, what and why some people enjoy it, etc. and am gathering informations.

While browsing through vore art/stories, you may have come across a pred saying something like ''Time for you to become part of something greater'' and they are prey who seem to like the concept of it.

I think I have an idea of why ''becoming part of something greater'' is appealing to others, but would still love to hear people's ideas/explanations on the subject.

So, what do people mean exactly by ''greater'' ? And why is it so appealing to them ?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
Last edited by JassonDragonWolf on Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JassonDragonWolf
New to the forum

Re: About ''Becoming part of something greater''

Postby PhantomWolf » Sun May 24, 2020 7:27 am

First time hearing about it, sounds very promising
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby linthia » Sun May 24, 2020 7:36 am

Often I see/use it in fantasy scenarios, not especially for a prey point, as it can be unwilling, but the pred could use it as some way to taunt too, like when having hybrid human/animal species, for example a lioness woman or lamia eating a rabbit girl. Or even in some kind of immortal humanoid being feeding on humans
linthia
Participator

Postby Miridium » Sun May 24, 2020 8:12 am

JassonDragonWolf wrote:I wish to make an essay on vore and post it on FurAffinity, explaining it to newcomers, what and why some people enjoy it, etc. and am gathering informations.

I think I have an idea of why ''becoming part of something greater'' is appealing to others, but would still love to hear people's ideas/explanations on the subject.

So, what do people mean exactly by ''greater'' ? And why is it so appealing to them ?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

What do they mean and why is it appealing? Same reason why religion is so appealing to so many people. We as humans have an innate need to be part of or at least involved with something that is greater in scale for lack of a better term. Religion for example gives people a community and set of shared beliefs as well as a common way of life. Such a lifestyle helps to satisfy such a need for becoming part of something greater.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Doku » Sun May 24, 2020 8:43 am

1) I wouldn't bother. People who become interested in this fetish inevitably find their way to locales where it is stoked. Public places just invite confusion, understandable revulsion and further bad feelings with the furred community which, as a larger body, barely tolerates the existence and association of 'vore as a sub-fetish because of the added stereotype it confers on them occasionally. You're more than likely only going to have frustration and disappointment.

If you insist on writing the essay, save it for locations where the content would be expected so as to help neophytes comprehend what they may be experiencing, so like here. Public locales like FurAffinity and Deviantart aren't, in my opinion, the place. But I'm pretty well known among those who remember that I exist for my opinions on efforts to normalize or expand the fetish's popularity beyond its very small body.

2) Your premise is not necessarily bad as a means of helping individuals who intentionally arrive at "Vore Community" locales. It isn't the first attempt, but I think this is more about you getting this on paper than it is about them needing to read it. There's ample essays on the subject, and likely to be more. This is more valuable because you appear to feel a need to get down in words "why this matters to me" and I'm not quite so curmudgeonly as to negate its merits as a personal exercise. It can be valuable in this sense, but I think what you are doing here is more "What I and people like me get out of Vore."

Which brings us to the salient point on my thoughts on the premise of the topic itself.

3) There's an inherent flaw that is entirely and almost unavoidably understandable here. "Becoming part of something greater" is inherently tied in with only a sub-set of the content of what makes up the broader paraphilias of endosomaphila and other phagia-related varieties. Plain and simple? Not all of us are here "to become part of something greater" as it were in terms of the content. The general tone indicate that, for you, there is an interest in the character 'becoming part' of the predator, stressing 'I'm adding you to my hips' or the like. It's a very common trope within the content, but it is by no means universally liked. In fact, large segments of the population here actively dislike it.

I myself? Vary on the subject. Sometimes I'm good with it, but frequently I avoid the entire subset when I describe thing.

This is because, as it pertains to my participation in vorarephilia, I'm uninterested in whether or not the person 'becomes part of' the other. I do not care about the nutritional or spiritual value of someone being incorporated into another. I am interested in the emotive reaction to slow, gruesomely and with great screaming dying a horrible death, and in the utter macabre horrifying reality that "oh god something is eating that poor person." The predator is not something greater, save in their own egocentric mind in some cases (usually as part of the taunting process of humiliating prey when applied). A pack of wolves tearing the prey limb from limbs are not 'greater.' They're just wolves, and the victim is just a screaming bloody mass, and it's just a horrifying tragedy.

You're going to find that, for all that Vorarephilia is an extremely specific paraphilia, there are subsets within it in terms of attitudes, and people come to it from radically different perspectives. They can be boiled down to some general subsets (Absorption/Incorporation, Non-Fatal Housing, Gruesome Horror, Dolcetts/Prep, etc...), but participants aren't necessarily quite so easily pinned down as being one or the other. This is going to lead, I think, to some frustration in attempting to explain what is essentially a very simple concept:

A Vorarephile, for some reason, is someone who finds the idea of a sentient person getting eaten stimulating.
Once you, or your reader, has asked the inevitable question of "Why" the answers can vary widely and drastically, and writing a single essay to encapsulate and do justice to all varieties of thought on this is going to be extremely frustrating.

This is why I think you are much better off trying a "What Vore Means for Me" type essay than an all-encompassing essay.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shugoki » Tue May 26, 2020 2:19 pm

boobs.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue May 26, 2020 4:29 pm

It's a variation of "I'm better than you, so you should give up your life for my benefit".
empatheticapathy
---

Postby e271828 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:45 pm

*deleted
Last edited by e271828 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e271828
New to the forum

Postby French_snack » Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 am

e271828 wrote:For me, it is about merging with a beautiful other in a way that dissolves all worries and responsibilities(through [...] digestion). In a way, it is [...] an escape from loneliness. [...] I imagine being eaten whole and subsequently digested and absorbed(at least most of me) by a beautiful, intelligent, and competent other(in my fantasies typically a physically fit and well-educated young woman). In essence, it is a way of imagining living vicariously through her. She makes good decisions and lives her life well, while I simply exist as some padding on her breasts or some calories for her to burn, completely without a care in the world [...].

Pretty much exactly the same for me.
My short stories (210 so far, 211th coming when I have time to write it):
http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=161506
French_snack
???

Postby Seelane » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 pm

I think explaining vore based on this alone without any mentions on the other types might put people into believing only digestion/fatal vore exist and that vore is more of a medium in reaching the goal of "Becoming part of something greater". Like you might have seen, some love vore for the simple fact of vore without anything added, no matter the results. Others loves the comfort and protection(sometimes motherly/fatherly protection) that comes with safe/non-fatal vore. Theres also those into cookings and hard vore and that's without mentioning those that are into fatal but seek something else than "becoming part of something greater". Mentioning a single opinion might make people think that everybody that are into vore seek this and this alone.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FillSmith » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:36 am

If you insist on writing the essay, save it for locations where the content would be expected so as to help neophytes comprehend what they may be experiencing, so like here. Public locales like FurAffinity and Deviantart aren't, in my opinion, the place
FillSmith
New to the forum

Postby AeriaGloris » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:54 am

I would be interested in reading your essay.

I have a darker view of the matter however. Becoming part of something greater is an excuse to justify Vore for pred or prey. Our cells replenish at such a rate that nothing in our bodies lasts too long. Food is merely nutrition.

But it's a great premise to spark a vore scene. It's even better of the pred convinces the prey of higher cause.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby fieldmousse » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:51 am

Doku wrote:1) I wouldn't bother. People who become interested in this fetish inevitably find their way to locales where it is stoked. Public places just invite confusion, understandable revulsion and further bad feelings with the furred community which, as a larger body, barely tolerates the existence and association of 'vore as a sub-fetish because of the added stereotype it confers on them occasionally. You're more than likely only going to have frustration and disappointment.

What about that vice article? I don't think there was too much revulsion there. It all depends on framing.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/vbj8dd/ ... -into-vore

Doku wrote:This is why I think you are much better off trying a "What Vore Means for Me" type essay than an all-encompassing essay.

I came here to say this lol. Except I would go as far as to say that this will be what your essay is. The amount of work to come close to having a "holistic" take on vore would be crazy. Many have tried and usually their findings tend to be biased towards one sub community of vore-philes. You'd need to talk to a lot of people, and many people aren't willing to talk or are interested enough to ask themselves why they like the things they do (unfortunate).
I still want to encourage you to write, because you may inspire the people who are unrepresented in your writing to come out and voice their own thoughts.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby Doku » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:48 pm

Well, since you chose to resurrect my comments months later, I think a month is fine for a reply...

fieldmousse wrote:What about that vice article? I don't think there was too much revulsion there. It all depends on framing.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/vbj8dd/ ... -into-vore

Vice is a news website that, as part of its image and catering, delves into topics of indulgence and what is commonly referred to as "Vices." As such, I would argue that Vice is an example of the sort of place an article devoted to specific paraphilia, such as "What is it about feet that does it for the foot fetish?" might be expected as a possibility on the website. Given its generally non-judgmental slant on vices as a rule, it is not surprising that the article itself isn't specifically centered around a negative viewpoint. However, that's the framing of the article itself.

The article's reception is where I would expect a certain amount of revulsion from the broader internet-going populace, though the feel of 'live and let live' that seems to run through that website probably reduces that somewhat. However, we have no clear idea of broader reception of the article without actually viewing broader reception of a now 3 year old article on a vice-centered news site. The article itself spends very little time on discussion 'of' the topic, and is more of a series of interviews that reflect responses by fetishists to the preview of the Venom movie (which generally all in maturity felt that the film would have no impact on broader perceptions of vore as a fetish, which by and large it really didn't. It was more source material for fetishists, but if you weren't looking for the fetish, all you saw was the monster Venom doing what monsters do, and you didn't think about it beyond that in all likelihood. Without a priming to give you a reason to think of it as anything other than a monstrous aspect of an alien species, it would have no greater effect on non-fetishists than the film Anaconda did. They enter with their preconceptions, and leave with them, as do you with yours. The film was not designed to change conceptions of the content... well, other than to make people consider the Eddie Brock/Venom romantic angle who hadn't prior.).

Generally, on those occasions I speak, you will always find that I am not a fan of 'broadening our exposure' as a rule. I consider it a genuinely bad idea. This particular case probably didn't really 'do' that much, given Vice's normal content.

fieldmousse wrote:...The amount of work to come close to having a "holistic" take on vore would be crazy. Many have tried and usually their findings tend to be biased towards one sub community of vore-philes. You'd need to talk to a lot of people, and many people aren't willing to talk or are interested enough to ask themselves why they like the things they do (unfortunate).
I still want to encourage you to write, because you may inspire the people who are unrepresented in your writing to come out and voice their own thoughts.

It is, essentially, impossible as anything more than a snapshot in time. The subsets of the fetish change constantly, and preferences alter with every passing year. I personally do not consider it unfortunate that people do not always open up. It's not something folks are always comfortable just chatting about, and I see no reason to make them.

If you were wanting to encourage JassonDragonWolf to write more, contact the opening poster of the topic directly. I highly doubt they're still watching a year and a half old thread.

If you are recommending I speak more openly and write about my personal fetishes? I'd find the very notion of actually writing anymore than I already have on the topic performative and a bit offensive. I've written far too many articles on my blog here on the topic, and see little to gain in doing more, for myself or others. I also find my opinions generally set people off and result in a negative reaction as my personal take on many things is not what I would call "Community Friendly" at times.

I'll stick to writing bad fanfiction from time to time or drawing worse art, and we'll call it good.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Belianal » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:08 pm

It's a trope that usually comes with fatal voring, and in this case, I am ok with the previous definitions. But as a non-fatal addict, this kind of trope is rare. However, when it comes to line, it means the acceptance of trust, fearlessness, concernlessness, it's an acceptance of a temporary fusion, A little time when you have the right to give up everything for the other. Not a real sacrifice but some kind of Love (yeah, with a capital L) with a little bit of dominance, but also maternal protective intentions.

In my case, there's no absorption, no digestion, just a living in an other, you doesn't "serve for greater one" like you could after a digestion, but you give everything, mind, soul, body for his/her love, pleasure, fullness.

Also, In French, we say "à croquer" (I let you the surprise if you want to translate) when you see someone cute, there is a link between the attractiveness and the food, during sex you may lick, suck, bite, chew your partner, during oral sex or not. Don't we use our tongue and mouth to show people that we love them?

So it's not crazy to think that vorarephilia could be an extreme liking of this kind of things where the partner doesn't bite etc. a "part of you" but "you". And so you become a part of the partner's body. Whatever you are digested or not, you become a part of the other, as nutrition or like a foetus, a parasite, imagine your favourite ;-).

The greater may be the predator, but it may also me the simple but pure feeling of love.
“S'aimer, c'est avoir faim ensemble et non pas se dévorer l'un l'autre.”
Gustave Thibon
Belianal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ixtili » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:37 am

I think that depends on the story honestly, some people seem to mean it as just becoming part of someone they admire, others seem to mean it as adding to the beauty of another person and I've seen some stories where they are literally eaten by a god like being and essentially add to that beings vast consciousness.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JassonDragonWolf » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:30 am

AeriaGloris wrote:I would be interested in reading your essay.

I am going to do it, one day. I will warn you. I am still looking for some more informations about why some people are into to gore/snuff side of vore and I have a few ideas of where to find them, but if you have any suggestions, I am all ears. Take care of yourself.
JassonDragonWolf
New to the forum

Postby JassonDragonWolf » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Doku wrote:
It is, essentially, impossible as anything more than a snapshot in time. The subsets of the fetish change constantly, and preferences alter with every passing year. I personally do not consider it unfortunate that people do not always open up. It's not something folks are always comfortable just chatting about, and I see no reason to make them.

English is not my first language. Your way of typing with strange words that I do not see normally, even amongst english people, make things harder for me to understand.

I contacted quite a few vore enthusiasts and respectfully asked them if they would be willing to answer a few questions on the topic of vore. A respectable amount answered favorably, just saying.

I am not going to show my essay on television or anything. I will post it on my FurAffinity profile, which has the incredible amount of...16 watchers. I do not know if it will attract much more attention then that.

I am not going to talk about extremely rare and specific type of vore like nipples vore. I am going to talk vore more in general and why it is attractive to many.

Again, your way of typing is hard to understand, but you seem to say that speaking of vore in ''public places'' attract far more harm than good. Here is a list of YouTube videos talking of vore who seemed to have been quite well accepted by those who clicked on it.

Ludwig-Horn Presents: A Queer Theorist's Tourguide to the Vore Fandom
How do furries find VORE & WHY do they like it SO MUCH???
Vore: The Documentary

Can you give me the links to posts about vore who attracted an overwhelmingly negative response from their viewers ?

''I think what you are doing here is more "What I and people like me get out of Vore."'' That is a good chunk of what my essay is about, yes.

I am not mad at you. I know you are trying to help me and the vore community. But your way of communicating makes it quite hard for me to understand ( I am also currently sick, which does not help ) so if you choose to reply to this, please keep it simple if possible.

Take care of yourself.
JassonDragonWolf
New to the forum

Postby Doku » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:23 pm

JassonDragonWolf wrote:-snip-

1) I will try to reduce the jargon.

2) I am not interested in hunting through the past fifteen to twenty years of my experience of how people react to Vore in online circles to find you negative examples. You have seen a couple moments where people were positive when they reacted. I have seen literally years of vicious, nasty responses in any place where people did not expect it. This includes the furry community, and most furs who were not into vore that I have ever met did not like being associated with it at all.

But both you and I are relying on personal experience.

3) I am here for myself. I'm not really here to help the community. Most people in this community will do what they want, and care very little what I think or the warnings I give. You asked for our thoughts, and not everyone will think that posting this up on furaffinity is a great idea. That's just how it is.

If you post it, good luck to you.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JassonDragonWolf » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Doku wrote:
JassonDragonWolf wrote:-snip-

If you post it, good luck to you.

Thank you for your comprehension and your respect. Take care of yourself.
JassonDragonWolf
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion