Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 am

I am have a very much few opinions..
- Someone said role reversal is silly, i am do disagree with that, rodent/mainly mouse preds needed more love~
- No matter what people say, Adult pred/Young/Shota/Loli prey needed more love, especially if its M/F.
- M/Futa is extremely unpopular, SOMEONE MAKE THAT KIND OF CONTENT in voreee..
- Two-faced/Corrupted preds are my main love...
- And last one: HARD VORE.
I am create an peace within chaos i have in my doomed mind ♪

I am a enjoyer of dark, morbid and passionate M/F, with unwillingness and fatality ♡
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:24 am

NyaatoShiroi wrote:I am have a very much few opinions..
- Someone said role reversal is silly, i am do disagree with that, rodent/mainly mouse preds needed more love~

That does not appear to be an unpopular opinion.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 am

stearwing wrote:
NyaatoShiroi wrote:I am have a very much few opinions..

That does not appear to be an unpopular opinion.

Whatever ya say~

I am a enjoyer of dark, morbid and passionate M/F, with unwillingness and fatality ♡
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:07 am

And forgot most impontant: More bishounen preds, no femboys please!

NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ragnar » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:23 am

My unpopular vore opinion is that no variant of "my superior patrician tastes in this niche fetish are underrepresented!" or "other people's tastes are BAD!" has ever been the basis for a constructive conversation, and I wish threads didn't devolve into that quite as often.
ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:33 am

ragnar wrote:My unpopular vore opinion is that no variant of "my superior patrician tastes in this niche fetish are underrepresented!" or "other people's tastes are BAD!" has ever been the basis for a constructive conversation, and I wish threads didn't devolve into that quite as often.

Same. I'd also like to add my hot take that "My personal tastes in vore are underappreciated / Other people's personal tastes are overdone" are falsifiable statements, not opinions, and are proven wrong when the kink in question does not jump in popularity in response to attention being given to it. Therefore, this statement has been wrong almost every time it has been made.

An example of the "This is underappreciated" statement not being wrong would be "Hey, have you guys considered how hot this is?" where people respond "Actually yeah, that is pretty hot. I just discovered I'm into this."

Also, hum... More hot takes...

I think it would be cool if we eased off some of the legacy vocabulary we use to describe vore. Ex: vore itself, predator, prey, soft vore, digestion. That's not to say I think we should never use these terms, but that I think their use has been stretched to a point where they sometimes fail to communicate helpful ideas.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:39 pm

ragnar wrote:My unpopular vore opinion is that no variant of "my superior patrician tastes in this niche fetish are underrepresented!" or "other people's tastes are BAD!" has ever been the basis for a constructive conversation, and I wish threads didn't devolve into that quite as often.

^ this for the most part
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 am

Artemis wrote:I'd also like to add my hot take that "My personal tastes in vore are underappreciated / Other people's personal tastes are overdone" are falsifiable statements

Well, of course my tastes are underappreciated. I'm damn near the only one who properly appreciates them.
And of course other people's tastes are overdone. I'm damn near the only one who properly despises them.
The key is in "properly". Appreciation is inherently subjective, you can't verify or falsify a personal feeling.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby TheMinkMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:53 pm

This may be hit or miss, but I hate extreme macro/micro stuff. It just does nothing for me. Like being in a room.
TheMinkMan
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:13 pm

stearwing wrote:The key is in "properly". Appreciation is inherently subjective, you can't verify or falsify a personal feeling.

Actually the key is in "under" and "over". When you say something is underappreciated or overappreciated, you're making the claim that other people should/would or shouldn't like something. It stops being subjective when you go from stating your own opinion to making judgement values on other people's opinions.

There IS a circumstance where this can be correct. Like I said, if you say "This seems underappreciated." and then you show it off to your friends and they realize they really like it and wouldn't have if you hadn't shown them, then yeah, you're correct. It was underappreciated. You proved that in that circumstance.

But in pretty much every other context, the statement is wrong because it ignores the obvious truth we all claim to believe in that people are entitled to their own preferences and nobody's is any more or less valid than anyone else's. You can falsify the statement by pointing that out.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:37 pm

No, when I'm making the claim that something is under- or overappreciated I'm saying that I believe the degree of appreciation that something is being shown is off in one direction or the other, as judged by what I am fairly certain is the only qualitative metric of appreciation: one's own - wholly subjective - degree of appreciation.
You seem to be operating on the assumption of a reasonably objective qualitative metric (the number of people appreciating or not appreciating a given thing) but appear to disregard that the question of appreciation cannot in any useful way be answered with a binary "yes, I like it/no, I don't".

Now even if you were to construct a maximally objective degree-of-appreciation scale and poll a suitably large number of individuals on their appreciation of a given subject, I could still confidently say that the subject in question is under- or overappreciated in the sense mentioned above. In that case I would simply be accusing the masses of bad taste - something that is certainly far from objective, therefore far from falsifiability.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am

Ugh, when people will understand it? I've sick of people mocking us because we like younger prey and loli/shota content in general! I got many negative comments and tagging, and we tired of it!

How many times I've said it's not based on real life at all?!

NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KnightleyPaine » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 am

What the topic says: Unpopular Vore Opinions
Actual thread: Me dislike kink done this way
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:10 am

KnightleyPaine wrote:What the topic says: Unpopular Vore Opinions
Actual thread: Me dislike kink done this way

Well, somewhat can relate to this.

NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AzurePheonix » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Feral prey devoured by human/humanoid predator, especially with big animals. People left and right are always on about wanting to get eaten by cows and horses and all, while I just imagine a scenario where a cute girl slurps down a whole head of cattle like lunch.
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GREGOLE » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:37 pm

I guess unpopular vore opinions would best translate to... something we enjoy that isn't done often? Fair enough.

You know what I want more of? Humanoid pred/furry prey scenarios. I can count the times I've seen that on one hand.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:13 am

Unpopular opinion: The vore communtiy as a whole needs to be more tolerant of each other. There's too much judgment and too much bickering over who's fantasy of people being eaten is better.
Sometimes I feel like the vore community judge each other more than people not into vore judge us.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby ItsSongxing » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:20 am

GREGOLE wrote:I guess unpopular vore opinions would best translate to... something we enjoy that isn't done often? Fair enough.

You know what I want more of? Humanoid pred/furry prey scenarios. I can count the times I've seen that on one hand.

I second this. We definitely need more human/anthro stuff. Most interactions tend to have anthros be preds, but honestly, you can play off the "Humans are Space Orcs" angle instead to justify them still being the dominant pred species in a world with anthros (or at the very least, competitive enough that it's not so one-sided). And that's just for humans, the possibilities really widen up if you bring in other humanoid species that tend to have superhuman abilities of some kind.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:59 am

Don't know how unpopular any of this is, but:

If an image doesn't tell a story I haven't seen before, I don't like it. Oh good, a character is swallowing another character, there's a bunch of gratuitous shots of their anatomy, some stock sound effects, digestion, some taunts ripped word for word from three hundred other pieces, etc. Boring. I like a piece to take some time to build up a unique dynamic. Then let the actual money shots be quick, discrete and chilling, like Jaws.

Stock characters don't have souls, so I don't care when they're eaten. Same goes for characters stolen from other media, if that's their only context. It doesn't take a lot of detail to ensoul a character if it's well chosen, but it's the difference between a piece that hits all my kinks but leaves me cold, and one that I find gross but engrossing.

Anatomy is finite, but the psyche is infinite. Once you've seen one uvula or duodenal sphincter you've seen them all. Hunger, greed, ambition, the will to survive, on the other hand, all take more forms than could ever be explored.

Also, really unpopular opinion: I hate the word vore, as a noun, verb, adjective, whatever. If it were never used again I'd be happy.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby HeinousSaurus » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:15 pm

I don't really know if this is unpopular, but stories with a thumbnail that doesn't make it clear that the work is in fact a story irritate me to no end. Generally, I'm looking for either a story or visual media, and this kind of thing makes finding what I'm looking for that much more tedious in both cases. Additionally, I think that in many cases the thumbnail is both basically unrelated to the story being told and not something the author produced or commissioned for themselves. I don't want to say that it's an attempt to get views by making stories look like drawings, but I feel that it's certainly at least an attempt to draw attention via having just some visual component irrespective of how that affects the person browsing the site.

Oh, and that the skull being the only bone that gets any description in works with scat is overdone. We've all seen "and then (Pred Name) shit out (Prey Name), with (Prey Name)'s skull tumbling out out to land on top of the pile" like four thousand times, work a little to make it interesting plz?
HeinousSaurus
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion