Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Postby Marco » Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 pm

I'll admit, I don't really expect this thread to last for a few reasons, one of which being it's kind of an excuse to say the following, but if you feel you have any opinions concerning vore, here is a place to say (unless we've already done this.)

(One of?) my unpopular opinions is... I don't mind the "vore as a verb" thing. Before everyone jumps on me, I only mean I don't mind it when it's people talking about vore or "vorish" moments, especially when it's done jokingly, or whatever. I agree that it looks out of place in stories and roleplays (though I wouldn't complain if it happened) - having a character literally say "I'm going to vore you!" doesn't work in a storyline (the only time it could, from what I could see, if it was a story about how the pred and prey met on a vore forum, then found each other in real life, but the pred really is capable of eating others), but when it's just casually used like "I didn't expect [character] to get vored when I watched this episode!" doesn't bother me, because it sounds more joking and playful and a kind of "Hey, they know about us, but don't seem to mind" (if it's outsiders using the term.)
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Postby fixated1 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:44 pm

I'll tread lightly here. Burping doesn't do anything for me and can even subtract from the appeal for me if it's over the top. I don't question why other people like it though. I get it.

And vore as a verb doesn't bother me per se in discussions about vore. It registers in my head as something that doesn't sound right, but it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers. Things that are harmless usually get ignored. Except for worse/worst and lose/loose mix ups. My god, people.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Mon May 04, 2020 2:03 am

Ay, here we go...

Lemme grab my megaphone real quick.
Ahem. Unpopular opinion coming up:
Role reversal is shit! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby LoneliestWolf » Mon May 04, 2020 2:04 am

I enjoy both endosomatophilia & vore with digestion, but I personally can not stand reformation after digestion. When it comes to predators digesting their prey, I prefer that the prey have been digested for keeps to become one with the predator, and having the prey reform afterwards to me just cheapens the whole experience and makes the whole endeavor feel too much like nothing more than casual sex.
LoneliestWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Mon May 04, 2020 3:03 am

So this is really weird, but I don't like it when a character who has been established to be a predator is then eaten. There's a sort of "purity" I see with predators, where if they're the kind of people willing to go out of social bounds and just eat someone, they should be allowed to continue doing so as long as they want, and being eaten themselves stops that particular line. Pretty sure it's not a commonly shared opinion.

On a similar, seemingly contradictory, note, there aren't many characters I see as being 100% one role or another. But this combined with the previous one means that in a given scenario, that character is either a predator or prey, never both. Essentially, if the character's a pred, they're basically different than the same character who is prey.

On a completely unrelated tangent, I don't like male prey (I find them boring), but I adore male preds. This one's probably a bit more common, but I think it's still uncommon enough to be "unpopular."
Humbug
---

Postby stearwing » Mon May 04, 2020 4:48 am

Humbug wrote:So this is really weird, but I don't like it when a character who has been established to be a predator is then eaten. There's a sort of "purity" I see with predators, where if they're the kind of people willing to go out of social bounds and just eat someone, they should be allowed to continue doing so as long as they want, and being eaten themselves stops that particular line. Pretty sure it's not a commonly shared opinion.

I kind of get that, but more in a "respecting the natural order" kind of way. Then again, I'm the guy who doesn't like role reversal.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby darknessrising » Mon May 04, 2020 7:56 am

Probably a very unpopular opinion given the taste of most people in this community but I really don’t see the appeal of human predators. I really don’t. Human prey all the way, but I just think some sort of creature is much more satisfying to visualise and enjoy.

Giants and giantess’ included in that. Shrinking a person down or whatever doesn’t ring out to me, though it seems to for quite a lot of people. I dunno. I just don’t get it.
darknessrising
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrGrimlock » Mon May 04, 2020 8:40 am

Unpopular opinions, eh?

1. No such thing as "100% pred-only/prey-only" types. EVERYTHING is both equally capable of eating and at risk of being eaten. As Qui-Gon Jinn stated: "There's always a bigger fish." (metaphorically and/or literally, depending how you wanna interpret it)

2. Nonhuman or nonhuman-like preds are pretty boring and unexciting to look at. Middle-grounders such as manaketes or any kind of shifter (so as long as they switch back to their human form immediately after) are okay though

3. Despite being alright with either, male preds > female preds. To be fair, I think guys are normally the hungrier of the sexes, hence why we tend to snack so damn much. We turnin' chicks to chonk.

4. Humans as preds (including same size and small pred/big prey) are 100% valid and you cannot change my mind. uvu
MrGrimlock
Somewhat familiar

Postby Base54 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:58 am

I'm pretty flexible with my opinions on what I like in vore and what kills the content for. However, there are certain things that I find extremely difficult to like or ignore in vore content, cooking being one of them. Cooking just immediately takes me out of the experience and I will check the tags to see if it has cooking in it, especially if it's from an artist or writer that's known for endorsing in cooking and preparation. Now to be sure, I don't have a problem with prey being burned, but if they got recipes and are using ingredients, that's a whole other topic.

Another thing that I don't like in vore content is sentient fat, albeit this one is much less severe than cooking and I'm more willing to read or look at vore with sentient fat. It's something that I can tolerate or even enjoy in certain cases, but if sentient fat is being used, more than likely I won't like or just won't read.

Now, for one trend that I would like to see expressed a lot more is the idea of apex predators being prey. For example, Krystal and Vorepone are commonly seen as apex predators, and both of these characters have been depicted as prey in two of my latest works. it's not that I don't like apex predators being predators, I do, it's more of a nice change of pace for me and an innovation I'd like to see exercised a lot more. And I'm not even kidding, when I was writing the Krystal story, there was no Krystal prey tag.
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Postby CrimsonShadow » Mon May 04, 2020 10:12 am

I think my biggest hot take is that giant preds/tiny prey is overrated. There are some instances where I enjoy it, but it's super situational for me. The biggest appeal of vore, for me at least, is the weight gain, so no weight gain kinda decreases the enjoyment for me. I also hate the pretentious argument in favor of macro/micro over same size or micro/macro: "well, it's more realistic for the big one to eat the small one." Yeah, as if ignoring the square-cube law is any more realistic than being stretchy.
Other hot takes: not too fond of resurrection, unless it's either reincarnation into the pred's child, or possessing the pred's body (which idk if I've ever seen before; I have an idea for a story with it, but it involves loli stuff so idk if I should put it here); pred OCs count as Mary Sues, especially when eating pop-culture characters (this isn't a bad thing, I just think it needs to be said); I really hate stuff based on irl people/live action characters (this applies to any r34 not made with the person/actor's consent, but vore is like, another layer on top).
CrimsonShadow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby YoukaiChan » Mon May 04, 2020 12:21 pm

This seems more like a "Vore Turnoffs" thread with extra steps. XD
All jokes aside I have a few personal takes on vore that can be considered unpopular, although most of them pretty much boil down to "The thing that turns me off in vore is overrated".

That being said.. a few takes of varying degrees of heat -

- Masculine humanoid male preds are amazing! You guys are just mean. :(
- Adding to that, it does sort of bother me when people say they will take preds of all genders and degrees of anthro or humanoid appearance...but will shun masculine humanoid preds at the drop of a hat.
- I cannot take the '67 Disney iteration of Kaa (from The Jungle Book) seriously as pred, solely because of how cartoony he looks and how close to Winnie the Pooh he sounds.
- Seconding what another reply here said - species-based role reversal is tired and cliche'd, especially in Pokemon vore. XD
The Incredible, Edible Catgirl is at your service!(Or...maybe not. D:)
YoukaiChan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: NOT being eaten by a dragon (*coughImeansomewhereinQuebec*)

Postby JimmyJoeIII » Mon May 04, 2020 12:26 pm

Mine, apparently, is that "vore" is not, and should not be used as, a verb.
JimmyJoeIII
Been posting for a bit

Postby aLmOnDyMILKy » Mon May 04, 2020 2:48 pm

Very unpopular opinion I don’t really like feet stuff I can’t seem to grasp how it would be pleasurable maybe it’s just me...
aLmOnDyMILKy
New to the forum

Postby Randomdude5 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:32 pm

So it is complaining time. I think that bbw, f/m and some giantess stuff are boner killers
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby FartyPoop » Mon May 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Personally, I'm into vore for the whole equation in my mind, the vore itself, the digestion in the stomach (burps included), what comes after in the form of farting and pooping, etc. But I just can't get behind Full Tour non-fatal. It just doesn't feel right to me, idk. Vore has this ultra level of dominance and I feel like full-tour non-fatal ruins that for me. non-fatal in general is a turn off. My only real peeve around it though is when non-fatal isn't tagged as such, that always hurts.
FartyPoop
New to the forum

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Mon May 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Unpopular? Excessive farting, belching and scat descriptions are way overdone. Extreme BBW, like 600 pound plus 5'2" predator or 7' Amazon teenager and 4'8" adult man stuff unless there is a reason beyond "oh it's hot" are not attractive. Casual or willing prey unless it is established why the prey wants to be eaten are nonsense. And this might be 1 of the most unpopular opinions of them all. Jerking it because the pain of digestion is a turn on is beyond suspension of disbelief.

But luckily for everyone, no one is in charge of what people produce as art so we can all find something we enjoy.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ObsidianSnake » Mon May 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Okay, since we're talking about preferences as hot takes here, I'm going to get myself right in trouble. I have two and they might both be the death of me here.

First, I think that the major emphasis on fan-content is stifling. Vore fan-fiction is totally overdone. I know the most popular material on this site is pop-culture and other copyrighted stuff from games and shows, but fully original content is way better in my opinion. It's less creatively stifling and way more engaging.

Secondly, 'vore' is not and should not be treated as analogous to sex. Whales aren't having an orgy with krill, wolves do not mouth-gang-bang elks, and frogs don't do a really big blow job to insects. I know that it's a sexual paraphilia, but why does every character have to be a emotionally detached suicidal vorephile? That's boring and cowardly.

Edit: Oh sh- R_U_Snacksize totally knows what I'm talking about on point two here. I should have hit refresh. Unexpected solidarity!
Last edited by ObsidianSnake on Tue May 05, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Tue May 05, 2020 1:13 am

ObsidianSnake wrote:First, I think that the major emphasis on fan-content is stifling and engaging.

Say what? That seems to contradict itself.
(But if you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say, do elaborate.)
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby YoungPrey » Tue May 05, 2020 2:50 am

Personally, safe place/non-fatal vore is duuuuumb.

The only time I like reformation is if it allows for the prey to be eaten again and again, but only if it's unwilling prey.
YoungPrey
New to the forum

Postby Vorepun » Tue May 05, 2020 3:04 am

Most burp onomatopoeia break my immersion to the point where I avoid art that has burping in it *just* so I can avoid seeing 'braaaaaaap'.

That's all I have. I don't really think anything anyone else likes is dumb or whatever, I can hardly talk. I like soul digestion so...I really can't say shit. xD;
Vorepun
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion