Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Postby 157and493 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:52 am

Straight up bloody, gory, hard vore art is underrated... THERE I SAID IT!
157and493
Participator

Postby ObsidianSnake » Tue May 05, 2020 9:42 am

stearwing wrote:
ObsidianSnake wrote:First, I think that the major emphasis on fan-content is stifling and engaging.

Say what? That seems to contradict itself.
(But if you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say, do elaborate.)

Whoops, that was edit cruft. What I'm attempting to say is that I've seen vore media go from about 95% original characters and settings to about half. If you haven't played the game, watched the show, read the book or whatever, then they're hard to get into. Those unfamiliar with the source material are immediately at a disadvantage, and a lot of us don't make the effort.

It isn't good for the development of the artist, either. Whether you like it or not, you're chained to the source. Whenever people work in a mix of original and fan content, the fully original stuff tends to be far more interesting and fun.

The most popular pieces on this site consists of chsracters from estsblished media (particularly Pokémon and My Little Pony), so the trend is probably going to continue over the years. Those works are at a discovery-level advantage over entirely original works in that they have an existing fan-base to click with.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sydney » Tue May 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Human preds with furry prey are underrated and so rare. I know that most furries aren't into humans and vice versa, so I get it. But I love seeing a chunky human dude scarfing down some big beast with claws and fangs like he's nothing and then turning him into more peachy, nearly-hairless pudge. All that natural power and ferocity amounting to nothing more than food for an "inferior predator" really gets me going, especially if the prey is in total disbelief about it.
Sydney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Evilseed » Tue May 05, 2020 5:37 pm

I don't like how the term vore is used to cover all endo. I just hate going looking for vore and having to sift through a bunch of shoving up the ass or genitals stuff. The word vore literally means eating.

Now admittedly that leads to a debate of should it count as vore if it' only mouthplay with no swallowing or no digestion. (For the record I don't like digestion in my vore) Also I am okay with Cell from Dragonball vore - should that count as a second mouth or not?

Also I really hate when it's labeled as vore and all it is is a pic of someone with an (often poorly done) large belly with no other indication any actual vore took place.

And pregnancy is NOT vore. Period!
"You humans have gorged yourselves on plant life for eons, but no more! Time to even the score."
Evilseed
Participator

Postby sharktorok » Tue May 05, 2020 9:23 pm

As someone who enjoys female prey, I strongly favor them clothed! Specifically scantily clad. This may not sound super controversial, but I know a lot prefer the prey get stripped down to undergarments/nude before or as they are getting eaten. I'm honestly not sure why I prefer this; perhaps I just love how shorts/skirts define a woman's legs as she slides down the hatch! It's all about that negative space.

Also I know hard vore has been mentioned already, but I should throw a chip to this as well. I usually go with soft in anything i do, but sometimes the idea of a prey's life getting snuffed out in an instant, being reduced to meaty mush is kinda hot. Certainly not for everyone, I realize.
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zekeki » Tue May 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Unpopular vore opinions? I like ambiguity and dislike context.
Zekeki
Been posting for a bit

Postby Derekiscool » Wed May 06, 2020 1:02 am

Just because it's vore, doesn't mean it doesn't have to have decent grammar. Like, come on guys, commas aren't hard. And of course everyone should be cut a little bit of slack, but at least try to proofread your work.
Derekiscool
New to the forum

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Wed May 06, 2020 1:45 am

Unpopular vore opinions, not sure how actually unpopular they are but here are a few of mine at least.

• Willing prey without a purpose is bad
    Look, willing prey is fine, but there has to be a reason for the prey to be willing for it to be good. Prey offers themselves as a sacrifice to spare their people, that's good! Prey who has a death wish, who wants to go out in a way that benefits another, also good! A person wanting to get eaten for the sake of being eaten takes me entirely out of a scenario because there's just something that doesn't click. Be it a survival instinct or another element, I just personally cannot rationalize prey with no real reason to be devoured.

• Characters who have inflexible positions in scenarios are boring
    Before I get crucified, it's fine to have a character only have certain roles in scenarios, but it's more the "This character is only ever prey and is only ever perceived as prey" deal that doesn't sit well with me. Having characters interpret others incorrectly, or even the occasional different position can bring so much life to a character compared to those who sit in a single role. A good example in my eyes of a pred only character who still has brushes with the more preyish aspects of the fetish would be SpottedSqeak's Fomo, if that expresses my point any better.

• Specific vore types have specific purposes and benefits and aren't good in a wide array of situations
    This is an odd one, but personally, as someone who enjoys a wide variety of vote types, I look at each type as having their own purposes in terms of characteristics and intent for scenes, and people who use, say oral vore from everything from cruel painful digestion to loving endo confuses me a little. You use oral vore for more gluttonizing or vanilla predators, anal vore for a more sadistic or humiliating purpose, unbirth is a more intimate and safer vore, with ties in maternal desires, so on so forth.

Not trying to bemoan anyone, just expressing how my silly compartmentalizing mind works.
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Birichino » Wed May 06, 2020 10:45 am

"Vore" isn't a verb, but it tends to be an easy way of expressing the concept, and grammar is touch and go when you're memeing.
(Lose/loose has no excuse to happen those are different words are standard o buttons laced with caffeine so people twitch?)

I don't like how heavily "dominance" factors into vore, especially when it escalates to "abusive". In general, there's this pervasive air of preds' activities being effortless, above reproach, and smug/cruel. Obviously, that's the fetish point for a lot of people, but it kind of annoys me, especially in story settings where it makes no sense. Oh, the world is established as generally normal but the pred digested like three people at a frat party? Yeah, that'll NEVER come back to them and if it did they could just eat the police.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby LoneliestWolf » Wed May 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Birichino wrote:...Oh, the world is established as generally normal but the pred digested like three people at a frat party? Yeah, that'll NEVER come back to them and if it did they could just eat the police.

I ain't too fond of these types of scenarios either. Whenever I see these kinds of scenes play out in art, it feels to me that the pred would most likely get away with it without consequences and it kinda takes away from the excitement of it all. I prefer it where there's always some form of risk involved for the predators if they get caught eating anyone, and to me it's more exhilarating that way. At least imo.

EDIT: as for the whole whether or not the term vore could be used as a vore: I'm only okay with it in a memey sort'of sense, and get a humorous kick out of it whenever it is used as such.

However, in more serious settings where I'm actively seeking arousal: I'd rather not hear the word vore at all.
LoneliestWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Wed May 06, 2020 9:16 pm

Hot take: Using vore as a verb reminds me of how kids without a solid grip of language sometimes use words incorrectly when they don't know the proper word for something. It's basically baby talk.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zangoose » Wed May 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Oh, I have plenty. Note that I'm the kind of guy who likes to get his opinion out there, so this'll probably be a pretty long list:

-Small pred, large prey is really dumb in my view. I have a fairly high suspension of disbelief when it comes to vore, but this scenario really pushes it. I get it. Big bellies are hot. But the pred is (usually) hot, too. So if I can only clearly see the belly and can barely see the pred, it's like getting half a keyboard; You may only be losing out on half, but the whole thing doesn't work because of it.

-I don't care when people use vore as a verb. Is it silly and dumb? Yeah. Does it completely ruin my immersion and make me stop liking it? No.

-I absolutely hate "Only one sex can be pred" universes. You dislike male vore or female vore? That's fine. It's not everyone's cup of tea. But when it's legally or, god forbid, physically unallowed for one sex to be pred, it really steams my hams.

-Here's a seriously umopular one: Furries are easily the most boring pred type. Nothing about furry preds appeal to me. At all. Scalies? Those are rad, definitely one of my top three. Birdies, featheries, whatever you call them? They're alright. Ferals? Plenty of potential there. But furries do nothing for me. Most furry designs are just inherently unappealing to me.

-I'm also not super keen on reformation just being considered a common occurrence that any prey can do. I like it when a prey character has the ability to reform (Like my main character), and said ability is generally rare. But if it's more common, it also pushes on my suspension of disbelief similarly to small pred tiny prey.

-Lastly, I'm not sure if this counts as an unpopular opinion, but... Unaware pred, submissive pred, and unwilling pred are incredibly fun and i wish there was more of it.
Just your friendly neighborhood M/M enthusiast.

For Vore code, see https://bit.ly/2GoUFwl
Zangoose
Somewhat familiar

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Wed May 06, 2020 11:37 pm

1 more unpopular opinion.

Drastically out of proportions for body sizes. Like a 6' guy with a 4' cock he uses to CV people. Umm what size pants does he wear? Petite women with 68 GGGGGG bra size, like dude she is 5' and 100 pounds but her boobs are 95 of those pounds! Lady is 5'6" with 90 inch hips and a 36 d top. Is she a pyramid?

Like I said, an unpopular opinion.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TimberWolf25 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:10 am

Time to go against the grain.

Eeveelution prey, I hate it, pls stop pokemon community. Like, it's so common, it should be up there with the "bomb defused at last second" and "Disney fake-out death" types of cliches. No other pokemon gets a worse wrap than eeveelutions. I'd love to see more eeveelution preds, especially taking on larger prey. More role reveral. Get outta here with your snake, reptile, and dragon preds, saturated with them. Give me something different, something that subverts expectations and impresses me.
It's hard finding any eeveelution content that doesn't invovle eeveelution prey. Moment I see eeveelution in writing or art comic without reading the title or tags, I can accurately predict who's going to be prey 95% of the time.

Fantasy proportions > Realism. Once in a while, it's a reoccurring topic between communities I visit. It's vore, it's not supposed to be realistic. There's no such thing as realistic vore. It in of itself, is a no true scotsman.
*Insert Mr Incredible meme here* "Vore is vore!"

Male preds need more love and attention, but please don't bash femle preds. Why can't we just like both without getting into a debate? Sort of an issue with certain pokemon I like. If it's not feminine in appearance they're not going to get that much attention.
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Thu May 07, 2020 3:02 am

Birichino wrote:I don't like how heavily "dominance" factors into vore, especially when it escalates to "abusive". In general, there's this pervasive air of preds' activities being effortless, above reproach, and smug/cruel.

As a pred: tell me about it. Of course I like to feel superior to my prey - considering what they look like when my character is done with them it's hard not to - and of course anything accomplished with sufficient planning and intelligence is prone to looking effortless, but it's entirely possible not to be an ass about it.

TimberWolf25 wrote:Get outta here with your snake, reptile, and dragon preds

FYI, snakes (always) and dragons (generally) are reptiles.

Brings me to another point of mine, though, the principal reason I dislike role reversal: I intensely loathe reptilian prey due to my strong attachment to reptiles in general and dragons in particular.
I imagine this is both because dragons are very pretty and because I find the idea of nature itself favouring certain species in vore highly appealing - for them, predation might not always be successful, but anyone who tries to eat these guys (and girls, of course, of course) gets shrekt.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Borealis » Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 am

Artemis wrote:Hot take: Using vore as a verb reminds me of how kids without a solid grip of language sometimes use words incorrectly when they don't know the proper word for something. It's basically baby talk.

I hear this one.

This should never have been a thing in the first place, let alone being something that simply will not go away, and when its used (even ironically or jokingly) I wince.

Needless to say it should be an absolute no no in stories.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby TimberWolf25 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am

Oh, now it sort of makes more sense. I'll be biased on certain species myself.
Eeveelutions grown on me over the years, the more I'd like to see them in the limelight, the more often I get the opposite. If there's maybe 1 thing general people could agree on, it's that any species/race/character deserves to have some predatory spotlight. With or without role reversal.

On the dominance part, yeah I'd prefer if dominance didn't need to tie into jerkass-ery. I like evil/villian preds, but there's a fine line between an antagonizing one, and one that's just being unlikable. There's a different discussion somewhere I've watched, can't remember the name of the video it was from. We still need to generally like said character. In-universe they may be hated but outside they're liked in media (take Joker being obvious example).
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Postby Unfortunate » Thu May 07, 2020 7:16 pm

Alright, going to have a go at this: Though I'll be frank, I don't like the way this feels like I'm bitching about things I don't like. Those "I hate X" & "What do you not like" threads always degenerate into a hot mess eventually. I'll try and keep some ambiguity with pet peeves, so you get the jist but I'm not singling anyone out.

The more I see of a specific character (<more so) or a species (<less so) as a pred, the more I grow to hate them.
In a meta sense, there's kind of a pred tier list in our community - Very few people even notice such a thing, and don't need to, it's sort of like an unspoken agreement between folks. B beats C, A beats B & C, D is flexible and E beats all of them.
There are some preds who are really commonly seen: I'm not talking OCs, I'm talking pop culture chars with association to vore. One of the worst offenders for me has already been named on this thread. (A certain snake, you know who.) I don't like snakes as preds through personal preference (not hate, just dislike), but that one specifically really scuffs my nips. I like the pokemon series quite a bit, but admittedly a lot of it's top preds are pretty predictable at times. It doesn't surprise me very often. Moving on.

Here's the big ones, two back to back:

Invincible predators with no care for the rules, esp. in a setting where they shouldn't be untouchable, is tiresome.

All Preys are sociopathic creeps who have absolutely no care towards loss of life.
It's been mentioned before, and I agree with the below.
LoneliestWolf wrote:
Birichino wrote:...Oh, the world is established as generally normal but the pred digested like three people at a frat party? Yeah, that'll NEVER come back to them and if it did they could just eat the police.

I ain't too fond of these types of scenarios either. Whenever I see these kinds of scenes play out in art, it feels to me that the pred would most likely get away with it without consequences and it kinda takes away from the excitement of it all. I prefer it where there's always some form of risk involved for the predators if they get caught eating anyone, and to me it's more exhilarating that way. At least imo.

Imagine suburban life. Everyone's at a shopping centre, then a pred eats someone in public and...
... literally nobody cares...! Maybe someone waltzs over and says: "You just murdered that guy? Groovy." :lol: Perhaps even takes a selfie with the pred? Characters in universe acting non-plussed to horrific events implies equally horrific things, how bad is life in that society that somebody would casually shrug off murder. If the scenario was in a stable & secure environment, with only characters who would react such a way, that ain't so bad, but when surrounded with other characters in a civil society it's not very good. Nobody reacts in utter horror to a armed gunman opening fire on them, only to then shrug when a 10 foot tall, smokin' hot anthro fox momma comes plowing into view and slays some loser in a tragic deepthroating accident.
Take the same scenario. Shopping centre. Pred eats 3 people. Everyone fucking loses their shit and runs in all directions; down the street, into the alleys, over the hills and up the sides of buildings. Pred leaves...
... nothing happens to the pred, despite now being a clear threat to the public. No man hunt. No persuit. Nothin'. I reckon that very next day the character could waltz back over their and exhange how dos with the locals, maybe even eat them a second time? If this was a dragon swooping in a wrecking havok then returning to it's lair, I understand that far more. After all, a dragon attack on a castle is generally responded to with bows, catapults and attack doves. But if you live in the very same town as your favourite stalking grounds, you'll soon run into trouble. If the prey know where the pred that keeps killing them lives, they'll burn their house down eventually.

Some of the best vore settings for me treat it as taboo: Thus the pred needs to put in the effort to keep their proclivities hidden. A pred that can seriously wander into town, eat their fill of victims, then leave is clearly very powerful, but a pred that needs to work really hard to eat a single target without getting caught is sometimes even more impressive. I understand full well that a lot of vore art consists of isolated incidents, ones that often do not follow an overarching plot. But honestly, seeing a pred that has boundries, limits and challenges to overcome is just better. Without risks, a pred isn't shown at their full potential! This doesn't mean they lose, get shot up and thrown in garbage truck; just that it proves that being a pred isn't easy, not just anyone can do it... and your pred is not just anyone!

TimberWolf25 wrote:Eeveelution prey, I hate it, pls stop pokemon community. Like, it's so common, it should be up there with the "bomb defused at last second" and "Disney fake-out death" types of cliches. No other pokemon gets a worse wrap than eeveelutions.

Remember that tier list? Eevees are real low on the ladder in the pokemon community. I've mentioned this about them before, but I'll repeat it here:
The local Eevee population tends to get slaughtered by everything that moves because they are small, cute and fuzzy. The internet loves to break and destroy cute things. In vore, small and cute = weak, and weak means prey 90% of the time.
I feel you though, I like eevees too. And seeing things I like suffer is admittedly quite upsetting. Listen... I- I'm a sensitive soul, okay...! >.> Every time I hurt one of my characters I feel it too...!

Now on a final note...
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IF YOU WISH TO SEE MORE OF SOMETHING, YOU PAY FOR IT OR YOU MAKE IT!
This, lads and lasses, is NOT and unpopular vore opinion. I encourage everybody to keep on putting out the content they love best...!
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby RachelBabe » Fri May 08, 2020 1:13 am

It seems to me that any setting involving high school/ college inevitably contains dumb blonde/bimbo stereotypes. I like to think that everyone just gets a lobotomy in these stories. But at the same time, I'm going to go for a *very* specific form of solving the problem which makes the entire thing lewd as fuck (for me). There is a pill that makes vore completely painless, and reformation is easily accessable. I know that's a big turn off to a lot of people, but not me; it just turns vore into nonstop orgies.

Also, the term "vorno" doesn't make me cringe.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby Birichino » Fri May 08, 2020 1:22 am

Unfortunate wrote:
    Invincible predators with no care for the rules, esp. in a setting where they shouldn't be untouchable, is tiresome.

All Preys are sociopathic creeps who have absolutely no care towards loss of life.
It's been mentioned before, and I agree with the below.
LoneliestWolf wrote:

Without risks, a pred isn't shown at their full potential! This doesn't mean they lose, get shot up and thrown in garbage truck; just that it proves that being a pred isn't easy, not just anyone can do it... and your pred is not just anyone!

It's kind of interesting how people took my complaint that preds have it frustratingly easy sometimes. Not anything I'd fault, mind you, but that the predator remains the focus here. In my mind, it would be the people who are collectively prey that change to address these situations, becoming more attentive and competent. I remember a comic with two predators (of equal size) fighting and one just PUNCHED the other to stun her. Why haven't I seen more of that?
Of course, with digestion being by far the more popular outcome of vore (not for me, while we're being unpopular), the predator is the character with the most "screentime" in most cases.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion