Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Postby MaybellethePeckish » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:10 am

---
Last edited by MaybellethePeckish on Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaybellethePeckish
Been posting for a bit

Postby Fireborn7 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:18 pm

I'm gonna come out and say it. Kids should not feature in vore art. Period. Ever. I understand it's not sexual to everyone but vore is classified as a paraphilia, it's sexual to most of us and I've seen the work that Odinboy666 and such posted here before he went elsewhere. Those boys were nude when they got eaten. Like you can't hide the sexual aspect of these images. It's flat out wrong and in a court of law would be held up as such. Honestly, living on the notion that "vore is niche" isn't going to save you if that kinda content becomes the focus of any sort of investigation and it's bound to happen eventually.

It really isn't and should not be a controversial statement to say "please keep literal children out of your fetish art please." Like, at what point did THAT become controversial!? It's really kinda spoiled this site for me that it actually has an acceptable tag for "underage". That shouldn't be a fucking thing. IT LITERALLY SAYS UNDERAGE IN THE TAG. It's bloody disgusting. I don't care if it's not real life and no real child is being hurt or exploited, it's a vore crossover with p*d*philia. It's not okay.

Eka's Portal should not have a place for this kind of art. Aside from the moral stuff, it's going to eventually get the site in trouble.
Fireborn7
Been posting for a bit

Postby replicatkd » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:03 pm

--When you look in the gallery search and most artists upload a close up of the character's face as a thumbnail forcing you to click on the pic to see the genre. Its annoying.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby LightDragon » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:02 pm

One of my unpopular opinion would be this one:

I've seen no one argue that feral predators/preys should be considered zoophilia, so I don't see why kid predators/preys should be considered p*d*philia.

If you stretch this reasoning even more you can even ban same-specie vore on the basis that it is basically cannibalism, which is not legal either.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby Tetrahedra » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm

replicatkd wrote:--When you look in the gallery search and most artists upload a close up of the character's face as a thumbnail forcing you to click on the pic to see the genre. Its annoying.

this only really bothers me when they don't bother to tag anything else. my only significant complaint about this site is a lack of tagging. artists will put 800 tags on their work and not the words "female pred" or "f/m" or whatever and i end up seeing it. c'mon.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby CuddleSlut » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:07 pm

So this is the definition of subjective, but

Bones in scat aren't sexy. They're just gruesome and uncomfortable to look at, and I wish more artists would stop treating it like the default way to draw post-vore scat.
Play the latest release of Hell's Perversions, my demon, vore and transformation Twine game, here.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sitharc » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:14 am

I'm going to ramble here, but some of the things said here and that I'm going to say may or may not be unpopular opinions as that seems to be subjective. Some things I'm going to say are some things one to a few here may have already said, but saying again anyway. It doesn't mean it's popular as a whole...

Vore as a verb is awful, even in the few cases it MIGHT work, let alone make sense... as in telling someone that's what doing to them, but that someone has no idea what the word 'vore' even means. Keeping them in the dark that plan to bloody eat them.

Breast only weight gain should be more excessive than it's usually depicted. Even one same size victim would make a girl go from flat chested to HUGE breasts. None of that crap where she only goes up a cup size or a few. Let alone when she eats more than one.

Mass vore works need to more often show the true impact of all the missing people if possible, but at the very least, they need to show the actual level of weight gain from all the people and/or animals eaten. Same size pred eats 5+ people or anything 10+?... Pred should be an immobile fat blob at that point.

Human(oid) pred x feral prey works never show often enough the pred realizing how expensive the hobby would be buying the things legit or if they go capture wild animals/kidnap pets, they should sometimes show the risk of the pred getting sick from what they've eaten.

More onlookers or the general public once aware should give a damn that others were at least eaten, let alone that said others were murdered or least being murdered if still in there. I'm tired of people finding out and they either don't bloody care at all, or worse... they instantly have a vore fetish or fetish for something vore enhanced like weight gain, scat, etc.

Revival/Reforming is just as cruel in its own way if not a crueler fate than fatal graphic digestion permavore is... or at least, can be! It's bad enough to suffer that fate once, now imagine being turned into a digestive plaything, dying more than once if not repeatedly just for someone's jollies. Similar with entrapment too, especially if the prey is unwilling or turns unwilling, keeping someone in there against their will. Even if somehow willing, sure others outside wouldn't be as thrilled that never get to see or interact with so and so, not to mention those that aren't aware where the prey is in those cases and just wonder why they never see or hear from so and so ever again. Also, someone brought back is totally going to be chill seeing/hearing their murderer again, let alone being around them and acting like it never fucking happened... They'd be bloody terrified of them, or least highly weary and even if the pred is legit sorry, going to take so much work to even have a chance of regaining that trust.

Related to above bit, but revival/reforming a victim still doesn't change they fact they were MURDERED, the pred should still be going to jail. I don't care if the prey was willing too somehow, they still committed murder.

More preds need to actually be a predator bout things and hunt/lure/stalk their prey before striking when the scenario allows it. Especially with unwilling prey, but even if they are somehow willing.

More vore scenes need to be allowed to fail, be it the pred choking, prey fighting back well enough from within to escape (if not even sooner!), or some outside help stops them and is able to get the prey out in time.

Preds tend to have it WAY too god damned EASY. I'll list some ways:

Too often preds can just stand/sit there and expect prey to come to them, or worse... they have a friend/partner (even worse when they too are one of the prey) who goes around doing all the work of bringing in victims. If a pred character is going to pred, they should bloody work for it.

Preds don't showcase often enough proper effort let alone struggle when it comes to swallowing people/animals their own size or even micro prey to a lesser extend.

The same goes for any mobility issues that'd be the result of even one same size meal, let alone several. Even when not immobilized by it, it'd be awkward as hell moving around with a gut like that. Writers/artists should allow preds to have balance issues during these moments and risk falling over and especially get actually knocked over if possible. Bonus points if you have the pred's wobbly gut knock something off a table or something too.

They always escape karma of any sort for their actions, hell, they are rarely even paranoid of suffering said karma! I'm of the opinion that more preds need to face karma on some level or at least run the clear risk of facing karma and showing paranoia bout being caught/found out.

Now for more rambling ones.

More preds that turn prey need to properly reflect on their actions, realizing that hey... maybe... JUST MAYBE... maybe being slowly dissolved alive isn't fun after all!

More scenarios need to reflect on the emotional and mental impact a pred's actions have on everyone, from the pred themselves, their friends and family, the friends and family of the victim, to even random other people if possible too. During the digestion, during the initial aftermath, and/or any moment(s) in the future.

God modding preds who just eat the cops that come after them too or similar are lame, ignoring how they'd just get shot or would get overwhelmed by backup later.

Not every problem or issue encountered in a story/art needs to be solved with vore. Even vore itself doesn't need to always be responded to with more vore. Loses it's luster a bit when everyone or even just every woman in the world of a certain age range has that on the mind at all times, where each one is somehow a pred and instead of freaking out normally or begging for their life, they only state their intent of going to eat the other if they weren't already inside of that person. "How dare you eat me, I wanted to eat you!" how about no?

Preds need to take more time before they strike again, less somehow the PERFECT chance comes sooner than they think and know can get away with that too. That's a lot of heat that needs to die down.

Not enough people realize that even with adult prey, less the pred is eating elderly that is, that said prey likely still has a mother somewhere that will be worried sick about them and be all distraught over their disappearance. That parent would be about as upset as a parent whose child is still a child that had gone missing.

I'm blanking on some others I had in my head earlier. I'll ramble those later if I remember.
Sitharc
---

Postby MaybellethePeckish » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:28 am

I think most of those could be summed up as wanting a more semi-realistic approach to vore and... actually most of those I like the sound of. Sometimes too much realism (like the stuff with cops) can get in the way though. It's like a video game, I like immersive things but then there's others that are just tedious to deal with.

But a lot of those sound really appealing to me. Especially preds that actually take hunting measures of some sot. That could *really* add some variety and spice to a scenario. I really love tricky preds in particular and there's probably an endless amount of amusing or clever ways they can lure prey. Or preds that might wait in ambush. Then there's kind of a "ritual" to the vore that makes it feel a bit richer.
Though if anything, "pred turned prey having to reflect" could just as easily be hilarious if they're selfish enough to think they in no way had it coming.

And *yes* to struggles. Again, would really spice things up. Especially if it's a first-time pred that's doing it on impulse with no training whatsoever.

Actually, on the thought of immersion, I feel like vore where the prey is killed *before* being eaten is a little underrepresented. Especially in works where the prey is given no regard or focus after they're eaten beyond being a giant hunk of meat. There's something I like about a limp prey, they can be quietly dragged somewhere to conveniently rest, the pred can eat at their leisure. Depending on how it's done, it's arguably kinder to the prey too which can make the preds come off a little less sadistic/unsympathetic... especially if they're a pred by compulsion (they *have* to, or they'll lose it and rampage and/or die or something) or in the case of ferals, just part of natural predation. And again, there's a possibly ritualistic feeling there.
MaybellethePeckish
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sitharc » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:00 am

Never said stories HAD to have cops, just my opinion regarding the cases where they DO include them and they get dealt with zero issues for the pred.

Here's some others.

I don't like it when macro preds just eat everyone they can/destroy everything, yet fail to realize (or just don't want to) the likelihood they also either ate kids and/or took one if not both parents away from them... and if add city destruction to the piece, could've made them homeless.

Can agree to extent with the prey killed before if it's a hard vore thing, or showing the effort it'd take to cook it all. Bonus points if don't hard vore the person or whatever all in one go. Do stuff with the leftover meat, sharing it with others, aware or not, or process it into other things. I remember a story where a kid got baked in an oven by accident, then the pred turned some of his meat into a meat spread of sorts to put on sandwiches for herself and maybe to slyly offer to others.

Some of what I've said doesn't have to be taken in a serious way or at least not purely serious way as might've made them sound, can add humor tones to it too!

More vore works need wholesome slice of life stuff or just slice of life stuff in general to mix it up with the rest of the scenes. Not everything has to be kink/fetish related.

More preds, espec first time ones, need to show how bloody awkward it'd be doing it, psyching up beforehand, actually doing it, afterward, etc.

More preds should have vore attempt(s) that fail on some level or at least something makes them turn away from their action before going too far with it. Either stopping entirely or succeeding later on.

More works need to get into the psychology of it all, know kinda said that already, but still.

A vore setup doesn't have to keep going on and on forever, a good or even decent ending of some kind is better than stretching it as far as you can. Nothing wrong with ending it where pred gets caught, tables turned on them, or whatever else. Preds don't have to be lifelong serial killers.

If anyone wants to discuss farther or whatever, free to PM.
Sitharc
---

Postby Loverofhalo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:13 am

I don't like it when macro preds just eat everyone they can/destroy everything, yet fail to realize (or just don't want to) the likelihood they also either ate kids and/or took one if not both parents away from them... and if add city destruction to the piece, could've made them homeless.

Why would they care? If they're OK with mass murder, they probably won't draw the line at the mass murder of kids. Kids lives are reasonably no more valuable than adults lives. It's not like child murder is a separate and somehow worse crime.
Loverofhalo
New to the forum

Postby Fireborn7 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:26 pm

LightDragon wrote:One of my unpopular opinion would be this one:

I've seen no one argue that feral predators/preys should be considered zoophilia, so I don't see why kid predators/preys should be considered p*d*philia.

If you stretch this reasoning even more you can even ban same-specie vore on the basis that it is basically cannibalism, which is not legal either.

So your response to this is "we can't ban the p*do tag coz we'd have to ban the folk who wanna bone animals" ?

Is that how low we've stooped?! You literally can't hide from the fact that the art sexualises a child. If it didn't they wouldn't be naked. It's blatantly gross and morally reprehensible.
Fireborn7
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sillybeasts » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm

IDK if this would be unpopular or not but disposal is the worst. I love digestion but in a "gets completely absorbed with no waste" way. None of the bathroom stuff. Bleh!
Sillybeasts
New to the forum

Postby skunkfluff » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Sillybeasts wrote:IDK if this would be unpopular or not but disposal is the worst. I love digestion but in a "gets completely absorbed with no waste" way. None of the bathroom stuff. Bleh!

Totally agree, was just about to say this!
Digestion is great, but shit...? No thanks!!
I can deal with all sorts of other bodily functions in vore. Burps and farts are hot. Vomit is tolerable. But scat? Absolutely not. Too much for me.
skunkfluff
New to the forum

Postby Ixtili » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:51 pm

My unpopular vore opinions? Hmmm...well it can be hard to tell what's popular and not but let me think.

Vore where the motivation is gaining beauty or assets kinda makes me respect the Pred less. I feel like predators are attractive cause they are confident and to me vanity is not a confident trait.

Also I don't find scat hot, though I will favourite stories with it in it if they have other qualities I really like. To me the hottest part of Vore is that the predator is claiming the prey so all the "dumping" talk runs counter to my taste's.

Also unbirth, cock Vore, and anal Vore are things I just don't get. Unless their connected to a succubus or incubus in the case of the first two. To me the archetypal nature of consumption is really important and I feel like these kinds of Vore don't have it.

Role reversal does nothing for me, neither does betrayal where the Pred talks about severing all ties with the prey. To me the Pred does not view eating someone as betrayal even if the prey does. So naturally a predator talking about how they "were" friends or "were" lovers is kind of a mood killer.

These are all things that are fairly popular or at least seem to be quite prevalent to me. I feel like I could go on but I'm not sure if it would all be a question of popularity if I did. This is just what I presume to be popular.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AeriaGloris » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:56 am

Reformation is dumb. It hinges on the concept that the soul is transferable, therefore no harm was done.

I'm sorry, you can't just save and restore someone from their last save point. We're not computers.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:49 am

AeriaGloris wrote:Reformation is dumb. It hinges on the concept that the soul is transferable, therefore no harm was done.

I'm sorry, you can't just save and restore someone from their last save point. We're not computers.

On the one hand I hate to be that girl on the other hand it's my nature to be that girl and thus: we actually are computers, merely biological computers and we probably could eventually learn how to manufacture and save memories given enough research into either neuroscience, genetic engineering or artificial intelligence. Whether an identical copy of a person can be considered the same person is it's own debate though. But also Baccano is a good anime and Wolverine and Deadpool and Natsuki Subaru and Frisk/Chara are fun characters. So don't be hating on fictional immortality or timeline reset powers like that.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:29 am

Ixtili wrote:Vore where the motivation is gaining beauty or assets kinda makes me respect the Pred less. I feel like predators are attractive cause they are confident and to me vanity is not a confident trait.

Also I don't find scat hot, though I will favourite stories with it in it if they have other qualities I really like. To me the hottest part of Vore is that the predator is claiming the prey so all the "dumping" talk runs counter to my taste's.

Also unbirth, cock Vore, and anal Vore are things I just don't get. Unless their connected to a succubus or incubus in the case of the first two. To me the archetypal nature of consumption is really important and I feel like these kinds of Vore don't have it.

Role reversal does nothing for me, neither does betrayal where the Pred talks about severing all ties with the prey. To me the Pred does not view eating someone as betrayal even if the prey does. So naturally a predator talking about how they "were" friends or "were" lovers is kind of a mood killer.

Incredible. Every word you just said I agree with 100%.

Preds should be strong, both physically and in spirit. Insecurity, jealousy, vengefulness, spite, etc., are all unattractive and contemptible traits in a predator (though there are specific circumstances where a contemptible predator is fun).

Scat is disgusting. It's reveling in shit. Disposal is another matter- treating part of the prey's body as waste to be excreted is a great way of cementing their indignity, but lovingly describing/depicting that waste is just nasty. The whole point of it is that it's expelled unceremoniously in disgrace, out of view of polite eyes.

Couldn't put it better regarding UB/CV/AV.

If by role reversal you mean a predator getting eaten, I would disagree- predators often make the best prey because they know how good it feels to eat someone, they recognise themselves in their devourer, and they have built up a lifetime of pleasant disregard for the position they now find themselves in. If you mean a predator getting eaten by someone who is usually prey, then yeah, prey suck at being predators. Likewise, betrayal can be loads of fun, but not if it means the predator adopting the prey mindset and acting like they're doing something wrong.

Anyway, keep up the good and correct opinions.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby AeriaGloris » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:52 pm

Ixtili wrote:On the one hand I hate to be that girl on the other hand it's my nature to be that girl and thus: we actually are computers, merely biological computers and we probably could eventually learn how to manufacture and save memories given enough research into either neuroscience, genetic engineering or artificial intelligence. Whether an identical copy of a person can be considered the same person is it's own debate though. But also Baccano is a good anime and Wolverine and Deadpool and Natsuki Subaru and Frisk/Chara are fun characters. So don't be hating on fictional immortality or timeline reset powers like that.

It's part of the debate. Ye Olde Teleportation Paradox. This is never questioned in reformation stories. Characters all act like it's a minor inconvenience being vored. "See you tomorrow!". It's bullshit I tell you! If anyone stopped and wondered if their consciousness would continue post-vore they may think twice about jumping down their sibling's throat.

Timeloop content is different. If someone wrote a Ground Hog day story where Bill Murray's character was eaten by a different person each day, I'd be totally fine with it! [Disclaimer: Timeloops have become an overused trope recently]
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:26 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:
Ixtili wrote:Vore where the motivation is gaining beauty or assets kinda makes me respect the Pred less. I feel like predators are attractive cause they are confident and to me vanity is not a confident trait.

Incredible. Every word you just said I agree with 100%.

Preds should be strong, both physically and in spirit. Insecurity, jealousy, vengefulness, spite, etc., are all unattractive and contemptible traits in a predator (though there are specific circumstances where a contemptible predator is fun).

Scat is disgusting. It's reveling in shit. Disposal is another matter- treating part of the prey's body as waste to be excreted is a great way of cementing their indignity, but lovingly describing/depicting that waste is just nasty. The whole point of it is that it's expelled unceremoniously in disgrace, out of view of polite eyes.

Couldn't put it better regarding UB/CV/AV.

If by role reversal you mean a predator getting eaten, I would disagree- predators often make the best prey because they know how good it feels to eat someone, they recognise themselves in their devourer, and they have built up a lifetime of pleasant disregard for the position they now find themselves in. If you mean a predator getting eaten by someone who is usually prey, then yeah, prey suck at being predators. Likewise, betrayal can be loads of fun, but not if it means the predator adopting the prey mindset and acting like they're doing something wrong.

Anyway, keep up the good and correct opinions.

I mean I would not say my opinions in this instance are good or correct,they are merely my opinions. I will admit it's nice to know that other people have similar tastes though and that I'm not entirely alone in my preferences.
Last edited by Ixtili on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:25 am

I can't stand excessively sadistic predators, the main motivation for a pred should be hunger, if they happen to enjoy feeling their prey squirming around inside them then that's fine but it shouldn't be the sole reason for eating someone.
That said, I do kind of enjoy seeing people getting eaten for petty reasons when it's played for laughs, like there's not enough seats on a bus so the pred just gulps someone so they can sit down or something like that.

I think a couple of other people have mentioned this but I hate worlds where all the preds are male or female only, I do prefer female preds but I don't like the idea that half the population can be stuck as prey due to being born a guy or a girl.
I don't mind situations where female preds are more common and males are rarer (my own works kind of feature this).

Can't stand Micro/Macro at all, one of the big joys of vore for me is seeing those beautiful belly bulges (and throat bulges too), when the prey is so tiny that you have to eat a thousand of them to even make a bump then what's the point? (No disrespect meant if you're into that obviously).
My usual preference for prey ranges from half the preds size up to double their size, although you can go bigger if it's meant to be funny.
Mass vore is also a lot of fun, I love seeing just how big those bellies can get after the pred has slurped up dozens of people (or even more).

This one might be a little weird, but incestuous vore (if that's the right phrase) is awsome!
I love seeing parents gulping their kids or vice-versa, siblings eating each-other and so on.

I like role reversal but again, when it's played for comedy.
Seeing some short unimpressive person turn the tables and devour the larger pred who was harassing them is hilarious!

That's all I can think of for now.
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion