How do your family/friends feel about vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: How do your family/friends feel about vore?

Postby fixated1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:51 pm

I have zero interest in telling my family or friends what I get off to. I cannot comprehend why anyone would. Don't ever do it. I've told girlfriends before, but that's totally different.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SlideV » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:50 pm

JaredTheCat wrote:My friends give me a little bit of shit for it, but nothing too severe. Parents found out, because I had printed Mukat's old College Meals comic onto paper, and my aunt found it, used it as blackmail. Parents were told anyway, and don't give a shit, despite them being pretty damn conservative.

Wow, your aunt sounds horrible.
SlideV
New to the forum

Postby Vorepun » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:11 am

fixated1 wrote:I have zero interest in telling my family or friends what I get off to. I cannot comprehend why anyone would. Don't ever do it. I've told girlfriends before, but that's totally different.

Meanwhile me and my friends built a vore dragon in minecraft for shits and giggles. I can't imagine not having friends you can be that open with. But I come from a more BDSM and LGBT background where there's a sense of community that extends to frank talks about sexuality. And lots of joking.

I can't defend the family thing though. I legit broke down once and have a hard time lying about things when I'm that upset, so some stuff came out...but I've seen people mention 'coming out' to their family and. UM?
Vorepun
Been posting for a bit

Postby threk » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:08 am

Telling significant others, sure, they're meant to be part of your sex life.
Telling friends, maybe if you're very close, already talk about sexual stuff, and it's relevant to the conversation, but talking about your kinks will be verging on oversharing with most people.
Telling family... Why? They shouldn't be a part of your sex life, so why make it weird and bring them into it? Imagine if your father started telling you about the freaky shit he did with your mother back in the day. The only reasons I can think of for the subject of vore coming up is if you've been outed somehow and need to explain it, or if you're watching that one scene from American Gods and you chat about how someone out there is into it. Even with the latter though, talking too much about a fetish is kind of an indication that you have said fetish, so displaying too much knowledge is somewhat incriminating.

If you've somehow got your family to be okay with it, then well done, but knowing the intimate details of their children's/sibling's sex life can easily be more of a burden than anything else.
threk
Participator

Postby Vorepun » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:51 am

threk wrote: Imagine if your father started telling you about the freaky shit he did with your mother back in the day.

I can confirm that this is horrible.
Vorepun
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jamjo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:28 pm

My current irl friends don't know I'm into it yet (haven't really had a reason to share that), but there was like twice it came up briefly as a subject, and they were chill and non-judgmental about it being a thing.

I did have a friend a few years back that i told about it when we were talking kinks, and after he looked it up got back to me and said "Huh.. me too" or something close to that and eventually started making a bunch of vore jokes/references around me. I may have created a monster, idk xD

Online friends that I've told all seem pretty okay with it, but since I only talk with them in text they could be hiding their initial stronger reactions cuz they naturally wouldn't wanna be mean, lol

And definitely isn't the thing I'll be telling some family members, and with others I'm comfortable sharing with (knowing they're chill and laid back about having less than squeaky clean discussions). It just hasn't come up, so there's been no reason to mention it. Seeing as I've had multiple conversations with some of them about the fucked up shit in greek myth, roman mongolian and even a little japanese history in particular, and also horror and serial killers in general - I honestly think a couple of my relatives would shrug or I might even strike their morbid curiosity and they'd be like "What, really??" and start asking questions or at least really want to while maybe not actually doing that for fear of coming across rude or something.

I've had so many honest and frank discussions with some of them throughout my life, it just wouldn't strike me as odd to let them know in the course of natural, organic discussion. They're just chill respectful people who I share mutual trust with and they're great.

But others, no. Just, not gonna happen. xD
Jamjo
Participator

Postby rarrawer » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:32 pm

I take significant care keep my strange fetishes secret from those I know IRL.
I insist on privacy with my belongings, documents, thoughts, etc.
I am unlikely to tell them about vore unless they first broach the topic.
I go so far as to leave false trails and other misinformation about my sexual orientation to those I deal with IRL.
For all I know, vore might become the target of the next popular witchhunt.
The risks of being associated with a strange fetish are outweigh the likely benefits.

In addition to this, I do not see sexual orientation as something that is relevant for anyone but potential partners in such activities to ever know.
Sexual interests are a minor thing that is relevant /in-scope to few people you interact with.
It always perplexes me that people would "come out" and make a big deal over what they find attractive.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby zoRRai » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:08 am

Honestly I really hope no one ever finds out, as it's something pretty uncomfortable to justify to people if they question this. I'm normally seen as kind of the "innocent" person I think, as I'm not really open about stuff like this, so it would be pretty weird for some people. But I've somewhat come to terms with the fact that I like vore, since at the end of the day I'm not hurting anyone and it's probably not the most fucked up fetish out there anyway.
zoRRai
New to the forum

Postby Primatalus » Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 am

My family doesn't know and I don't plan on letting them know. It's just not something appropriate to discuss with family, in my opinion. I wouldn't really care if they found out, though.

My close friends, however, do know. I didn't want to just bring it up randomly in conversation, so I suggested that we all fill out a kink/fetish chart. Everyone agreed, so they found out I'm into vore when we all shared our charts at the end. It also showed me that pretty much everyone has at least one outlandish interest. We were all very supportive of each other, and it turned out one of my friends was into vore as well. I actually got to introduce them to this site! As strange as it sounds, we all bonded a lot more deeply by divulging our interests to each other.
Primatalus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jayezox » Sat May 02, 2020 11:04 am

I'm one of those ones that will take my fetish to the grave assuming I never get a girlfriend (which is all too likely). There are some things better left unknown and what I get off to is one of them. I have two "elephants in the room" so to speak that will allow too few people understand me if I explain them. Most of the time they will just be a distraction from who I really am and I don't want to only be known for the most shocking aspects of my life. In the case of vore I would just be known as "that guy that gets off to being eaten by pokemon" or something like that.

As for having "vore friends" I would rather have face to face friends which I do have a few. They would accept me if I told them about vore, but it's not very important and would be a distraction trying to explain it to them. Vore just goes into the background of my life and stays there until I need it. It's really not as important as most other parts of life and should be treated that way except for those that managed to make a career out of it.
Jayezox
---

Postby Mukat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:45 am

SlideV wrote:
JaredTheCat wrote:My friends give me a little bit of shit for it, but nothing too severe. Parents found out, because I had printed Mukat's old College Meals comic onto paper, and my aunt found it, used it as blackmail. Parents were told anyway, and don't give a shit, despite them being pretty damn conservative.

Wow, your aunt sounds horrible.

Holy shit, your aunt is terrible! I'm so sorry you were humiliated like that.
Mukat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:49 pm

People gotta learn to start speaking for themselves. While your kinks are definitely not something you need to "come out" about, everyone's relationship with their friends and family is unique. Just because you aren't comfortable talking about kinks with your friends doesn't mean others can't be comfortable discussing it with theirs. Close relationships tend to be more open to sharing personal information, and not everyone views their interest in vore as some dark and terrible secret. Nothing wrong with that. And if you personally prefer to keep it to yourself and/or your partner(s), that's fine, too. There's no one right way when it comes to what people can talk about with whom, as long as you aren't pushing your kinks onto people who most likely don't want to hear about them.

With that out of the way...

The only people I know who have ever mentioned vore are people I've met here (so their opinion on it should be obvious enough), my partner (who thinks it's gross but doesn't care that I'm into it, as it doesn't affect anything), and my sibling (who doesn't know I'm into it and has never discussed it in any depth; they just said their friend showed them a vore comic once "and it was gross", which I laughed at and we moved on to other topics). It doesn't really come up much outside of what I post here. I'm pretty sure most people who aren't into it themselves are just gonna think it's gross. And most of them won't care enough about it beyond that to really have anything to do with it. No idea what the friends I have who've never mentioned it would think, but I can only assume something along those lines. I don't really trouble myself over it.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sugarygulp » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:15 pm

I haven't told anyone besides my boyfriend, and I don't plan on telling anyone. However, I have a feeling that my brother could have possibly found out because I have a tendency to accidentally leave my sketchbook lying around, but he hasn't said anything about it.

My boyfriend is so supportive though and teases me and brings it up during sexy times which is so nice since he has no interest in it.
sugarygulp
Been posting for a bit

Postby Borealis » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:03 pm

I get that some are more open than others, and that's a personality trait in itself. But man, not gonna lie. Whenever this topic comes up, the fact that some people's family know is, quite frankly, mindblowing to me.

I tell long term relationship partners. That's it for me.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby nerdelation8 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:01 pm

I don’t know, but they’d probably be cool with it. They’re into their own weird stuff.
Last edited by nerdelation8 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
nerdelation8
New to the forum

Postby Dinakl5mn » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:14 am

The vore is a fantasy that I have had for years. Fortunately my family does not know it, only my brother, but he has always kept the secret very well. They have been about to find out because it is my favorite topic of conversation with friends in the community and sometimes we have conversations by chat or webcam in my room and sometimes I think they listen to everything but fortunately they have not told me anything about it
Beautiful models broadcast on live sexcam. Chatsexocam is the best place to meet girls, xxx chat and more
Dinakl5mn
New to the forum

Postby delet20hn2609h » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:20 am

Jewel33 wrote:You guys are a lot braver than me, I'm taking it to my grave.

oh my god, this lol

I don’t know how you people could look anyone in the eyes after letting them know you’re into THIS fetish of all things! >.<‘
delet20hn2609h
New to the forum

Postby AmiiboAlec » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:43 am

I had to tell my dad when wanting to get therapy because it was tied in with my existential crises and panic attacks. I then told his brothers when asking for general life advice heading into college. Dad didn't want an explanation, but his brothers were both really supportive about it and that made me happy.
AmiiboAlec
New to the forum

Postby Mecho » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Welp. I'm that creepy person that let everyone know. More or less.

It's not what you are into that make you creepy, it's how you act around it. Being in the hands of mutual weird friends who doesn't take kinks and sex to seriously. We are joking about it but in an respectful/friendly manner. Like We are friends. They tell me about their strange behaviors so I can't see why kinky themes would be a no-no.

And they are very chill and suporting. Actually never had a bad comment about it. people seem to be more curious about it.
Last edited by Mecho on Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecho
---

Postby PhantomWolf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:25 pm

My two closest friends know, and they're supportive and understanding. :lol: Cause we're ALL a bunch of perverts! One friend is gay and he has a semen fetish, so he loves my Cum inflation stories. My other best friend is really into cosplay and furries so he's understanding as well. Those are my blood brothers. Other than them, (And my potential upcoming SO) I don't plan to tell anyone else. Telling them has helped, otherwise, I would have taken it to the grave with me.
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion