Reasons to Spare Them?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Reasons to Spare Them?

Postby Marira17 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 pm

I am in the process of writing a new story and would like to know what you guys think about why a pred (giant) would spare a prey (tiny)? In the scenario, I imagine giants viewing tinies as pretty much nothing but a quick snack. What would set a particular tiny apart from the masses, resulting in them not getting eaten right away? Why spare them and either destroy the rest or leave the rest alone and take only them?

I am thinking that maybe it will take place in the realm of Star Wars, but either way, the story will involve powers, abilities, etc.

Thank you in advance for your input! :-D
Marira17
Somewhat familiar

Re: Reasons to Spare Them?

Postby Tysia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 pm

I think the primary focus in this kind of scenario would be the particulars of the giant in question; once you understand the giant and what they like/dislike, it'll be easier to find whatever niche a tiny could fulfill in order to avoid being eaten. For example, if the giant is fond of party tricks then the tiny being capable of performing some kind of trick(s) either with sleight-of-hand or magic would probably allow them to escape being eaten, at least for a while.

Hope that helps!
'Squiggle-fuck the rightwise cock-swatter with the starboard jib'
Tysia
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cuddlekins » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Without knowing too much context of the story, is there something the pred is searching for or something they're interested in knowing? If so, a prey that has information may be too important to eat o:
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby TheDragonBoy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:08 pm

In my story I contrived a scenario in which a tiny saved a giantess’s life, which made her feel just grateful/guilty enough not to eat him.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby KKtheneko » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:24 pm

I’m thinking maybe along the lines of the way we see frogs or fish, yeah they’re delicious but we don’t eat every one we see. Some of them we keep as pets and think of as cute and whatnot
KKtheneko
Been posting for a bit

Postby reclusenutcase » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:12 am

The one scenario I could see besides the old fashioned bargaining scenario, there are always elements on prey being connected to someone much too powerful to be on the bad side of, or making it that the prey has a bounty that makes them far more valuable alive than dead. The prey could also be valuable to the predator as a labor slave, a fall guy, or of some other uses besides consumption.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:35 am

My reasons vary depending on scenario.

Lovers/Pred-Prey relationship: The pred loves his prey so won't digest them.

Coworkers: The pred doesn't wanna lose his/her job/doesn't care. Eats the boss/a coworker just because.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Noxyoursox » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:16 am

If the story is in a setting that involves powers/abilities, maybe the tiny has an ability that is useful to the pred? If there's a goal that can't be met with size/strength but can be met with magic/the Force/etc. then the pred might keep the tiny alive long enough to accomplish that goal. Other than that, if I put myself in the pred's shoes, I might spare a tiny if I thought they were really adorable, if I would get in trouble for eating them (for example if it was a criminal offense that other people my size would arrest me for, or if they were an important person who would be missed), if I felt protective of them (I'd totally eat anything that threatened them though!), or if I enjoyed their company/conversation enough to value them more as a companion than a snack. If I was feeling particularly sadistic, I also might temporarily spare them to enjoy their horror at their friend/lover being eaten (but probably I would eventually eat them too in that case).
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:36 am

There's so many reasons humans chose to spare smaller animals, and I imagine the rationale would be much the same. The biggest factor would probably be pity or guilt. Giving something mercy because you feel empathy for it is, while perhaps cliche, realistic and workable. This can of course be twisted to the predator's personality and colored in a million different ways. It's also possible that, especially between two sapient beings, fondness might develop and prevent one from killing in good conscience. Animals rights advocates like to point to the intelligence or "soul" of animals, and if you had a giant and a human I imagine the reaction would be even stronger. Just some ideas.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Could also spare them to use them to tell other tinies that the giant is coming and wants to eat them all as a form of intimidation. Or the giant could "let" one go and use him/her to lead him to more people to eat, or as bait to lure more people to him.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Ever hear about the lion and the mouse? The mouse was spared by the lion and later saved the lion's life by chewing through a net to repay the debt.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion