What would predators think about willing prey?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What would predators think about willing prey?

Postby N-Mario » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:23 am

I was just thinking of a few scenarios. It's usually predator vs. unwilling prey. But what would the predator think if the prey is willing to be swallowed whole into their belly? Would this be awkward for the predator? Would the predator most likely enjoy this better than chasing an unwilling prey? Perhaps they could feel bad about eating/swallowing a willing prey? I suppose it depends on the different moods of each pred vs. prey scenarios. What do you think?
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Re: What would predators think about willing prey?

Postby CuddleSlut » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:42 am

Personally? I like willing prey just as much as unwilling. Willing prey tend to be a lot a sweeter, in the non-literal sense. With unwilling prey it's the thrill and power of dominance, but willing prey often have this, "Please, let me feed you, my goddess," thing going on. Willing prey with reformation are great for guilt-free snacking.

If you're talking about it in the natural world sense, predators are often freaked out by prey that doesn't run, especially inexperienced predators. If you like the idea of that scenario, go for it.
Play the latest release of Hell's Perversions, my demon, vore and transformation Twine game, here.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheAzureWitch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:45 am

This is a really old post by Malezor, but I think it sums it up pretty well.

https://aryion.com/g4/view/274541#item-itself

also the art is so different! I didn't realize how much an artist's style can change over five years!
TheAzureWitch
New to the forum

Postby iWasFrozenToday » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 am

Meh, willing prey shines bright sometimes, but not occasionally enough in my book. I guess I’m just super used to the idea of food not wanting to be eaten — that if that hamburger from Jack’s could move and talk, it would want to flee from you instead of dying in you. I’ve always seen willing vore as suicide, and suicide has never sat well with me. Even if it is in the context of “becoming one/part of the predator.”
iWasFrozenToday
Been posting for a bit

Postby French_snack » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 am

It depends very much on the setting. When I write stories set in Felarya, for example, the predators simply see their prey as a natural food source, and expect to have to chase after their food and catch it while it tries to run away or hide. They would be very confused if their prey seemed to be excited at being eaten, rather than struggle and resist. Their prey never wants to be eaten.

By contrast, in the stories in my International Vore Competition setting, 'prey' are eager to be eaten up, by young women who compete to stuff their tummy with as many shrunken people as they can. It's light-hearted and fun (for the most part), and the girls know that their 'prey' enjoys being swallowed down into their hot little tummy.
My short stories (210 so far, 211th coming when I have time to write it):
http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=161506
French_snack
???

Postby Devourerita » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:43 am

As far as my pred character is concerned, willing preys are food that he doesn't have to hunt down to eat. He likes unwilling preys more, but he'll never refuse a willing meal
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Well since I only do non fatal Vore, I'll stick with that and honestly most of my preferred preds would prefer willing prey, as usually they're eating someone to protect them or comfort them, so if they're scared then it sort offsets the purpose.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby ArcaneSigil » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:31 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head. It depends on the situation and circumstance. Is the pred eating to survive, for food and the like? Willing might be surprising but welcome because ya gotta survive. Is the pred eating just to eat? Willing would be a surprise because... why would food willingly dive into what amounts to a bath in hydrochloric acid? It all depends on the situation. Myself, if I knew I'd be safely released later, I'd willingly dive down a throat and curl up for a nap.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:35 pm

My short story series involving one of my OCs, Alexis, all the vore is centered around willing participants, but then again, with the 'magic pills' in place, it is mainly used as an extension of sexual activity, since there's usually some kind of intercourse beforehand, at least, from what Alexis had seen.

I'll tell you this about some predators I know for a fact would love willing meals...

Cockatrice. Back home, these rather large semi-flightless avians (they're better at sprinting at full speed than at flying) love bipeds and actually have them as part of their diet. Of course, they hate large crowds of people, so they stay away from highly populated areas, if they can.

If a cockatrice sees a potential meal standing eye to eye with them, it doesn't matter what the meal's intentions are, they're getting swallowed. Actually, from what I understand, their gizzards have sensory glands that allow them to sense various things like emotion and especially pleasure, and if their meal is especially pleased, they'll release some kind of chemical that'll boost this pleasant feeling because a pleasured meal is one that struggles far less, though wild movement during climaxing (an uncontrollable nervous reaction to overstimulation) would feel the same as it would for struggling, which is likely why those glands are there. Said glands will swell in such situations and form a strong tough barrier against any sort of lining damage until the meal calms and potentially faints.

Yeah, let us just say that cockatrice are more cruel when looking for mates than when looking for food. That's a whole 'nother wheel of cheeze though, cheeze and flooz. lolz
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby ArcaneSigil » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:15 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:My short story series involving one of my OCs, Alexis, all the vore is centered around willing participants, but then again, with the 'magic pills' in place, it is mainly used as an extension of sexual activity, since there's usually some kind of intercourse beforehand, at least, from what Alexis had seen.

I'll tell you this about some predators I know for a fact would love willing meals...

Cockatrice. Back home, these rather large semi-flightless avians (they're better at sprinting at full speed than at flying) love bipeds and actually have them as part of their diet. Of course, they hate large crowds of people, so they stay away from highly populated areas, if they can.

If a cockatrice sees a potential meal standing eye to eye with them, it doesn't matter what the meal's intentions are, they're getting swallowed. Actually, from what I understand, their gizzards have sensory glands that allow them to sense various things like emotion and especially pleasure, and if their meal is especially pleased, they'll release some kind of chemical that'll boost this pleasant feeling because a pleasured meal is one that struggles far less, though wild movement during climaxing (an uncontrollable nervous reaction to overstimulation) would feel the same as it would for struggling, which is likely why those glands are there. Said glands will swell in such situations and form a strong tough barrier against any sort of lining damage until the meal calms and potentially faints.

Yeah, let us just say that cockatrice are more cruel when looking for mates than when looking for food. That's a whole 'nother wheel of cheeze though, cheeze and flooz. lolz

At least they aren't like the MLP version of the Cockatrice, which if it looks at you you're turned to stone. Medusa-Chicken-Dragon anyone?
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:28 pm

ArcaneSigil wrote:At least they aren't like the MLP version of the Cockatrice, which if it looks at you you're turned to stone. Medusa-Chicken-Dragon anyone?

lolz

Nah, more like an ostrich-sized chicken, kinda (most of them have peacock color schemes though and are about twice the size of most ostriches). They actually have larger and longer beaks, with larger mandibles and a very elastic esophageal tract. They also have teeth, and whilst sharp, are akin to the teeth of most amphibians in size, shape and functionality. The main reason they have teeth is because unless they're eating vegetation, their chosen prey are always eaten alive, which does often lead to fighting back.

Yeah, they're really big, really loud, carnivorous birds, capable of consuming living bipeds whole, and yeah, outside my hometown, there's a large area where they roam free. One thing of note is that they won't go after what they would consider prey unless provoked, or if it is mating season, but mating season is just one long period of near-constant provocation. Oh, and yeah, you can see the devastation from cock/hen fights because the loser gets mauled and devoured messily as a warning to others. Actually, the hen fights are far more gory, messy and larger in area. The cockatrice species is a femme-dominated species, and it shows in the mating season, which is always the best time to get lots of their colorful feathers to fashion cool stuff out of them. It's a really good way to make large sacks of silver, quick. Even more if you manage to get entrails and blood in good condition because a lot of that goes into making excellent medicine (I would know, I've worked with cockatrice spleen fluid-lots of Vitamin C to boost your immune system and beat that cold! lolz).

Yeah, cockatrice produce some of the most powerful digestive enzymes I've ever come across, and the aforementioned spleen fluid is more than capable of dissolving keratin (would have to be in order to dissolve the thick feathers of their own species and other birds they eat), so, yeah, no need to worry about the hair, nails, bone, all would end up digested. As for why I would make medicine with the spleen fluid, well, it doesn't take much, and it is combined with six other ingredients to make a non-lethal medicine, but even then, I boil it at 420 degrees K for a day to get rid of all the properties that would render the medicine poison, sometimes two days.

Anyway, we were talking about predators that would accept willing prey.
There's these very large frogs in the swampy regions back home that occasionally make meals of bipeds, and wouldn't say no to a willing meal.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Kitsouille » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:19 pm

A rarer variant but in the Queen's Blade manga, one tiny ask a giantess to eat her (kinda like in MiB1) to attack her face but the giantess replies "I'm not hungry, but fine". There's just something about a pred that's not in a ravenous "imma eat everyone" rampage but still doesn't mind eating people whole and digesting them (being giant isn't her normal size too), I wouldn't say evil, but it's that she doesn't mind the whole thing?
Kitsouille
???

Postby ShadesofBlack » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:28 am

Willing prey are my strong preference! I don't mind, when I'm not putting myself in the pred's position mentally, unwilling prey from time to time, when I'm just enjoying the power play and/or act of ingestion from an observer's point of view. But if I'm the predator, I want my prey willing. The more willing and eager they are to please me and/or the more pleasure they derive from my taking of them, the better.

The closest I can come to "unwilling" is blatant dom-sub play, where the prey is actually willing, but is acting unwilling because they enjoy that, and has already on some level communicated to the pred that they are still willing and enjoying themselves. I really don't see that often though, I suppose because the veil of consent most people here like to use IS the art and the roleplay itself, where the real people behind creating these characters and scenes are willing, but the characters are not. I can enjoy that too rarely, if I consistently remind myself that the real person behind the personas they've created is enjoying the "heartlessness" and "cruelty" of the pred. I just have to be careful not invest too much of my emotional space as an observer/reader in empathizing with the prey character then, because I'm very empathic and tend to feel those feelings whether they are real or not. And they're a turn off for me, and a bit of a PTSD trigger, personally.

Like, if at some point I ever have the spare $ for commissioning vore art, I'm probably gonna try to commission a bunch of peaces where they 'prey' is visibly enjoying themselves and somewhat smiling while struggling and saying "Oh no! She's eating me! I can't escape!" and being teased similarly by the 'pred.' :gulp:
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Lorelei » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:29 pm

I also prefer unwilling Prey in all scenarios or variants, but willing can also be very nice. But then depends also on the Pred, if it is a rather evil and sadistic, this will not be happy with willing Prey. If it's all about pure food, it can be very nice, because you do not have to expend energy or effort to hunt and overwhelm, which makes it much easier. My real favorite at willing Prey is with preds who also have erotic or enjoyment motives. So in that sense referring to Unbirth or Cockvore, being Breastvore or Tailvore can be very pretty and even willing oral can be very enjoyable. What I like very much is when it comes to goddesses and willing Prey sacrifices himself or offers as a tribute to the exalted woman. The whole thing then also had something spiritual and beautiful, which goes beyond purely sexual, namely the merging and becoming part of a divine female existence or primal force and thus a wonderful and dignified end (if it ends fatally). In a goddess of darkness or of life, it can also become a spiritual beautiful one with the origin of one's own life, or a special power existing throughout the world.

A variant that also loves very much is in a pred that has a very particularly powerful prey or even a small group of powerful Prey in his sights, but just not able or strong enough to overwhelm and devour them (including unwilling ). But a person or even allies of the group willingly and relish devoured by the pred (of course, both feel extreme excitement and pleasure) and after the absorption of they willing Prey, the pred is also significantly more capable and stronger and gets a powerup. So the Pred can then take on the other unwilling Prey and overwhelm and devour them :gulp: . Where the willing Prey is not completely digested in this case or fatal ends and lives in the end and it is more like a merger and the Prey willingly gives his abilities and energies to the Pred to make this powerful enough for this challenge. But unless a longer scenario with fights and unwilling Prey, such a private game between a UB or CV Pred and a willing Prey can of course be very nice and hot.
Lorelei
Somewhat familiar

Postby sevensix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Kitsouille wrote:in the Queen's Blade manga, one tiny ask a giantess to eat her (kinda like in MiB1) to attack her face

Perfectly illustrating why an intelligent predator would realistically avoid eating anything that seems to want to be eaten. It's most probably either trying to trick you, or controlled by some kind of parasite.

(Unless it's some kind of sapient fruit, I guess; that in the ancestral environment reproduced by being digested and having its seeds deposited.)
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Peptidase » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:00 am

While a better adjusted sort of pred would likely see them as an easy and more ethical meal, helping themselves as well as doing the prey a favor in a loving and intimate act, there's boud to be other sorts of predators who feel like willing prey sucks out all the fun. There's no thrill of the hunt, no bloodlust, and even when they promise to struggle for you they're always such pansies about it. Nothing quite massages your stomach lining like someone desperately fighting for their life.
Last edited by Peptidase on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby 157and493 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 am

I imagine they would find the prey really creepy for actually wanting to be eaten and might even refuse to eat that person because of how weird they are. Ironically the person that wants to be eaten is the only one who is spared.
157and493
Participator

Postby Kitsouille » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 am

sevensix wrote:
Kitsouille wrote:in the Queen's Blade manga, one tiny ask a giantess to eat her (kinda like in MiB1) to attack her face

Perfectly illustrating why an intelligent predator would realistically avoid eating anything that seems to want to be eaten. It's most probably either trying to trick you, or controlled by some kind of parasite.

(Unless it's some kind of sapient fruit, I guess; that in the ancestral environment reproduced by being digested and having its seeds deposited.)

I remember she used slime to trap the wannabe prey in place before lowering her mouth to ground level, but alas no vore because a previous prey did something, I don't remember. I just wanted a mawshot and a nom. Getting slightly off-topicky but that'd be a new scenario: prey attempts to bait a pred to eat them to damage them from inside, but it goes wrong and they get eaten normally.
Kitsouille
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:09 am

The idea of what a predator would think about willing prey reminds me of an old cartoon about a (I believe) cat and bird, where the bird becomes suicidal to escape his wife's wrath. So he seeks out a cat to eat him, but right as the cat's about to do the deed it occurs to him that something about this scenario is suspicious, making him afraid that the bird's poisonous. So the entire cartoon is the bird chasing the cat, trying to convince the cat to eat him, while the cat is fleeing in terror. Eventually though the cat decides that he does want to eat the bird, but right about at that same time the bird's fears are put to rest, and he no longer wants to die, reversing their roles just as the cartoon draws to a close.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 am

Honestly? I think it depends entirely on the context and setting — and the culture and society that said predator and prey exist in.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion