How do you like burps to be drawn?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How do you like burps to be drawn?

Postby 157and493 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:30 am

For me, burping in vore is an absolute essential, that is why I am very particular about the ways I like seeing burps presented into vore. For me there either needs to be a word bubble with the word “burp” written in it, or there needs to be a gas cloud with the word “burp” incorporated into it in some way (words like “belch” or over the top sounds effects like “BUUUURP” are also okay for me).
For some reason it just does not excite me when the actual word “burp” is not in the picture for whatever reason, an example of this is when a predator makes a weird face with their mouth open implying that they are burping.

So, how do YOU like burps to be drawn in the vore art you view?

Sorry if I come off sounding entitled in this post, I am just stating my personal preferences and I am not trying to insult anyone or make them feel like their art is bad.
157and493
Participator

Re: How do you like burps to be drawn?

Postby Doku » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:05 am

I personally find them unappealing aesthetically and prefer they not be included in drawn art or prose fiction. If they appear, I prefer it be a short off handed reference using correctly spelled words.

But to each their own.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tasley9 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:27 am

Creative and new ways to spell burps and draw them are fun, I don´t actually have a favorite one, but if it captures the sounds, expresion etc it´s just great
Tasley9
New to the forum

Postby MarkTheW0lf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:21 pm

It really depends on how the art piece itself is portrayed. If it's a more dominant pred, the big bubble with big bold letters seems more appealing. If it's a more submissive pred, then smaller letters and smaller bubbles are a nice touch.
MarkTheW0lf
New to the forum

Postby MaskedSinner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:41 pm

It really depends on how the art piece itself is portrayed. If it's a more dominant pred, the big bubble with big bold letters seems more appealing. If it's a more submissive pred, then smaller letters and smaller bubbles are a nice touch.

Akin to what MarkTheW0lf said, it really depends on the character for me and how they react to the burp itself, how the burp is drawn really depends mostly on the art style that is being used honestly
MaskedSinner
Somewhat familiar

Postby MidnightRose » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Either a puff of air or just written out as an onomatopoeia.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:12 pm

I should get back into drawing out sound effects instead of soullessly and lazily typing them out with a generic comic font. I like the puffy and the bubbly gurgley way equally.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby gentleSnacks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:28 pm

written as an onomatopoeia, green clouds are a turn off.
gentleSnacks
Been posting for a bit

Postby LoneliestWolf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:27 pm

I myself am actually very found of belching post-digestion. I especially love seeing the differences in the way it spelt throughout different instances, such as shortening it to *urp* for a nice subtle burp to lengthening the words to something like *BUARRRPPP* for louder and heartier belching. It's fun to spell out my belching in different ways! *Brap*

That said, as someone has mentioned here earlier, I'm also not too found of seeing visible green gas clouds within vore art. It reminds me of farting of which I don't really care for. If gas clouds are to be present, I prefer those white comical puff clouds that are typically seen in comics & cartoons.
LoneliestWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby DiamondM » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 am

I like drawing burp faces or expressions, characters with their mouth open in slightly exaggerated ways. When I do include them I've gotten in the habit of using green or light green text and putting spontaneously placed circles underneath it to make the typography kinda "bubbly". I don't really want to use green, but lately I do just cause mostly everyone else does.

I definitely prefer seeing onomatopoeias for a burp as a noise you would hear. I like seeing different ways to spell it and my imagination fills in how it would sound when I read it in my head. When I just see the word "Burp" in an image I think Ok, are they just saying the word or what? and it takes me out a bit. It's like reading an action comic and just reading the word "PUNCH" instead of having an onomatopoeia for the sound it would make like THWAPP or something.
DiamondM
Somewhat familiar

Postby PlatoPapel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:52 pm

For pictures where the person doesn't look like they're burping at all, I think just adding the text "BURP" does more harm than good. Adding another panel just to show a burping face is a pain in the ass (especially with photo-manips), but when it's done correctly it's incredible. An example: https://aryion.com/g4/view/555773
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion