How long would it take a micro (2-3 inches) to pass out?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How long would it take a micro (2-3 inches) to pass out?

Postby Miridium » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:41 pm

For the sake of the scenario let's say our 2.5 inch micro has been swallowed whole by a regular ole human being. How long would it take for the micro to pass out due to low oxygen levels?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: How long would it take a micro (2-3 inches) to pass out?

Postby Peptidase » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 pm

This quora user estimates a person in a 12 x 12 x 12 foot room could make it a little less than 5 days, assuming a normal atmospheric composition and human metabolismsm. It also doesnt seem to take CO2 poisoning into account, so I'll ignore that too.

The average micro in stomach image I seem to see places them in a space where they can easily t pose with pleanty of room to spare, so lets say a space equivalent to a 6x6x6 ft space for a normal sized human. So 1/8th of that which I round out to be around 14.5 hours.

However, the atmospheric conditions of someone's stomach aren't going to be totally normal. Our roomy situation has a pred that must be pretty enormously bloated with air, which is going to be under pressure, potentially increasong the amoumt of oxygen per unit volume. However, the digestive processes are bound to produce a fair bit of gas that would fill up space too. I want to say CO2 and maybe methane, although the later is more likely to come from later on in the digestive tract. Not sure off the top of my head how these can factor in easily, so just keep it in mind I'm working with some pretty big error bars here.

Finally I'd want to factor in metabolism. First of all, you're gonna get struggling, and thats gonna use up a ton of air pretty quickly. Again, not sure what the formula for increased air consumption with aerobic exercise, so I'll leave calculating that as an exercise for the reader. If your prey has an altered metabolism to match their size (so they don't freeze to death via the square cube law- pretty nessisary assumptions for "permanent micro" but not necessarily for shrink and eat) then your prey's metaboloc rate is going to be higher the smaller they are. I'm not immediately finding online what the formula for the difference is, but I'm sure the answer is out there.

So kinda unscientifically, I'd guess theys probably have like, 10ish hours of breathable air in a very generous set of assumptions? Obvs lots less if you actually acount for CO2 poisoning and square-cube and all that. Enough time IMO for stomach acid to eat through the skin and give blood loss time to compete, but not sure.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby SamWamm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:35 pm

there's no breathable air in the stomach so you're dealing with lung capacity.

a full size person can hold their breath for an average of 1 to 2 minutes.

a few inches tall maybe be a tenth the height but it's also a tenth the width and depth too.

the lung capacity is gonna be about a thousandth of that of a full size person.

that chops 2 minutes right down to about a 20th of a second.

they'll pass out before they hit the stomach.
Species:
A giant sentient roundworm disguised as an alien tree kangaroo race that happen to look like North American mountain goats
P.S. I'm not a normal person
SamWamm
Participator

Postby Arbon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:17 am

Samwamm you're forgetting that the oxygen usage also goes down alongside lung capacity, especially in the cases where metabolism is set to match the size of the tiny creature. Hybernating rodents would never exist if lung capacity was the sole determining factor, and it would be idiotic for tiny creatures to live in underground tunnels with poor ventilation. As opposed to the default standard we actually see in reality.
Arbon
Been posting for a bit

Postby SamWamm » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 pm

oh.

I was assuming the prey was anthropic.
Species:
A giant sentient roundworm disguised as an alien tree kangaroo race that happen to look like North American mountain goats
P.S. I'm not a normal person
SamWamm
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion