How long would it take for a person to be fully digested?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: How long would it take for a person to be fully digested

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:44 pm

As much as all this was quite interesting to read, none of it conflicts too much with my own summary.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Last edited by THEDEMONWARLOCK on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shugoki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Here's the thing: for same-size vore to happen in any capacity, you already need to shove conventional biology off the side of a cliff and pretend you never knew him when the cops ask for an alibi. This means you get to write your own rules. I agree that it's useful to know what the starting line is for how it would play out IRL assuming ceteris paribus, but at the end of the day, whatever physics and biology don't allow for, you can accommodate for on your own. Invent a new kind of gut bacteria to process what can't be digested; invent new organs to secrete stronger acid and enzymes; make the predator a different species. It should be fine as long as you drum up a coherent answer.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Wait we're doing same size vore? I thought he said micro.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Last edited by THEDEMONWARLOCK on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shugoki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Eznam wrote:Wait we're doing same size vore? I thought he said micro.

OP never specified and people started talking about both. *shrugoki*

I'm personally curious about the caloric intake relative to average daily caloric intake and how it affects weight gain. Like, depending on how much of a person we assume the pred can digest, how much weight do they gain? Because you have to factor in time and the energy spent by eating the prey to start with.

THEDEMONWARLOCK wrote:Shugoki? Does this mean there IS for honor stuff on here?

I mean...If there is I would LOVE to see it.

https://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=For+Honor
There are apparently 7 submissions under the "For Honor" tag; 3 of which I seem to have blacklisted and can't see. The real tragedy is that there's nothing here labeled "Vore Honor."
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Shugoki wrote:
Eznam wrote:Wait we're doing same size vore? I thought he said micro.

OP never specified and people started talking about both. *shrugoki*

I'm personally curious about the caloric intake relative to average daily caloric intake and how it affects weight gain. Like, depending on how much of a person we assume the pred can digest, how much weight do they gain? Because you have to factor in time and the energy spent by eating the prey to start with.

THEDEMONWARLOCK wrote:Shugoki? Does this mean there IS for honor stuff on here?

I mean...If there is I would LOVE to see it.

https://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=For+Honor
There are apparently 7 submissions under the "For Honor" tag; 3 of which I seem to have blacklisted and can't see. The real tragedy is that there's nothing here labeled "Vore Honor."

Of course there's no for honor vore, the game's dead because of its pay-to-win garbage and the characters have no personality or faces.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MaskedSinner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Of course there's no for honor vore

Jokes on you Eznam, there actually is for honor vore. At least some of it.
MaskedSinner
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:34 am

I go whole hog: I came up with magic that allows the prey to survive the entire way through by using a defensive transmutation to simulate digestion. The setting I use is based on D&D version 3.5, so endure elements, a widely available 1st-level spell, covers the overheating problems. There are a number of ways of getting air by magic so that covers suffocation. So that leaves the defensive transmutations, which are detailed in “The Magic of Āen”, which covers some cute anciliary magic as well.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Saeshan wrote:
Scrumptious wrote: However, I agree with IvesBentonEaton. Digestion happens at the speed of plot. Believe that it takes just as much time as you need it to for dramatic purposes. Reality has no standing.
And, yes I agree with IvesBentonEaton

I agree too, but it's always good to know how much disbelief to suspend we ask for with regard to the description of the process...

In which case it's irrational to try to learn too much about reality. The more you know, the more disbelief you need to suspend.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SamWamm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 pm

a human stomach can digest a lump of flesh of 3 inch radius in about 2 hours.

mostly food passes through you rather than actually getting digested.

a full size person is gonna take about a week or so to be broken down enough to pass along the body.

but then again that's just the flesh.

bone takes much longer to digest or at least break apart so it's small enough to pass.

you're looking at months for that.
Species:
A giant sentient roundworm disguised as an alien tree kangaroo race that happen to look like North American mountain goats
P.S. I'm not a normal person
SamWamm
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Eznam wrote:Of course there's no for honor vore, the game's dead because of its pay-to-win garbage and the characters have no personality or faces.

It's not even close to dead, and there's no P2W mechanics. The characters also have plenty of personality and plenty show their face. The last statistic for the player count was 20 million, I believe? And Ubi seems to be heading for a 4th year of content. With this in mind, and the obvious pun of "Vore Honor," not to mention the fact that Shugoki feels like a totally viable pred in his own right, yeah, it is a little weird that there's so little FH-related content. Shit, I'd expect Shugo alone to have a serious following.

Scrumptious wrote:
Saeshan wrote:
Scrumptious wrote: However, I agree with IvesBentonEaton. Digestion happens at the speed of plot. Believe that it takes just as much time as you need it to for dramatic purposes. Reality has no standing.
And, yes I agree with IvesBentonEaton

I agree too, but it's always good to know how much disbelief to suspend we ask for with regard to the description of the process...

In which case it's irrational to try to learn too much about reality. The more you know, the more disbelief you need to suspend.

I would argue that it's the opposite--the more you know, the more credibility you can lend to your writing. Pulling numbers out of your ass without understanding the subject can lead to some very head-scratching numbers that, even when suspension of disbelief is accounted for, can puzzle readers/viewers.
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Shugoki wrote:
Eznam wrote:Of course there's no for honor vore, the game's dead because of its pay-to-win garbage and the characters have no personality or faces.

It's not even close to dead, and there's no P2W mechanics. The characters also have plenty of personality and plenty show their face. The last statistic for the player count was 20 million, I believe? And Ubi seems to be heading for a 4th year of content. With this in mind, and the obvious pun of "Vore Honor," not to mention the fact that Shugoki feels like a totally viable pred in his own right, yeah, it is a little weird that there's so little FH-related content. Shit, I'd expect Shugo alone to have a serious following.

Well it takes 10 minutes to queue for the only mode where people play in NA. Also there's only P2W mechanics. There is not a single aspect of the game that you can't buy an advantage with real money. Also the player count isn't 20 million that's the amount of accounts, non-active included. Playercount is barely above 10k but that's a large difference from how usually dead Ubisoft games are a year after release and that's why they're pushing to siphon more money with pay-to-win characters.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Apowerfulseal » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Great, now I have to tell my wife to change digestion time of me to months lmao :gulp:
Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.- Socrates
Apowerfulseal
New to the forum

Postby MeatsBackOnTheMenuBoys » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:24 am

In my universe:

- Loss of consciousness: 10 min - 2 hours depending on the breathable air (in the situation of same size vore, loss of consciousness occours way earlier than in vore with size difference)
- Death: 30 min - 3 hours (carnivores' stomach acid is wayyy stronger than herbivores')
- Complete digestion: 3 hours - 3 days (of course, carnivores has stronger acids, so it happens earlier than herbivores with weak acids).
MeatsBackOnTheMenuBoys
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:40 am

In real life, as close as I can determine:

Loss of consciousness to death: asphyxiation from 4 to 10 minutes. There's no breathable air in the stomach. This assumes that the victim isn't killed before swallowing begins, which is more common.
Complete digestion: as best as I can tell from considerable reading, maybe ten days for a reasonably small adult human. Only the biggest snakes can realistically swallow human prey. The bigger alligators might, although they tenD to park the already dead carcass under a log in a river to let it soften for a few days.
The problem for snakes is that they aren't very smart and can swallow prey bigger than they can safely digest. They have been known to die when the prey rots in their stomachs before they can completely digest it.

Vore works better in fantasy settings where magic (or, following Clarke's Third Law, technology so advanced as to be indistinguishable from magic) can arrange for vore to work however you like.
Last edited by IvesBentonEaton on Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dreamender » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:34 pm

What an interesting thread.

More than a few of my stories on my gallery explores same size digestion. When writing them, I looked at examples from other animals that consume things whole, snakes and fish. There are some pet care websites that have rough feeding guidelines and timelines per ounce fed to your snake or fish. I also did some looking into on calories, meat, and digestion on nutrition/dietitian websites. I finally found some really good information on New England Journal of Medicine, the Oxford Journal of the National Cancer Institute, and the AAAS Science Translational Medicine journal. The most dialed in time lines came from colon cancer research where they obviously have to pay attention to how long it takes to digest food.

1 pound of meat: starts coming thru 2-4h after eating. Larger quantities slowed the process and may take 12+ hours to completely move into the colon.

1 pound of pasta and other starches: starts coming thru 4-6h after eating. Takes 16-24h to completely transit into the colon. Larger quantities in general do not seem to slow do the process.

1 pound of vegetables and other high fiber foods can take over 24h to transit into the colon, but that depends on size and shape. Smaller bits (shredded or chopped vegetables) move more slowly in upwards of 36h

In my stories, generally a person can survive a few hours inside a stomach before dying to asphyxiation. But that general rule is broken with more people added in mass vore. Past that I stick to the above that I found, 4 hours per pound of meat. Meaning a 180lb human adult male would take roughly 30'ish days to fully digest/pass. That is supported by information found on reptile and snake guest brochures from the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, which had the largest captive Anaconda at 200lbs and 20ft 7 in long.

Down side is it's all just fantasy, but it's fun to explore what it would be like and how long it would take if it was real.
Dreamender
New to the forum

Postby JettCabino » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:02 pm

I wonder how long a shrunken male that is the maximum size to just barely get choked down to the stomach would take to die, digest, and/or pass through the body? I figure it's likely similar enough to regular food at that point but I'm sure there are caveats. Also, what if the pred had a sort of oxygen pump going down to the stomach to keep the meal alive as long as possible? Maybe occasional water and such to keep them just barely alive so the acid does as much damage as possible?
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57209
My rp interests ^^^
JettCabino
Somewhat familiar

Postby MajinCell » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:44 am

iWasFrozenToday wrote:Yo, there are a lot of things to take into consideration.
Such as...

-The physical attributes/strength of the pred and prey.
A great big dragon is going digest their prey quicker than most humans.

-Are they struggling?
In some cases, struggling increases digestion speed.
In other cases, it actually buys the prey more time.

-How tough is their acid?
-Is the predator active (e.g. exercise, dancing, lying on their belly)?

And these are just a few examples!

There is no definitive answer unless we know more about the characters.
We need to know the setting and what’s going on in both of their minds.
What’s going on in the environment they’re in. Y’know, some context.

Yep it all comes down to these two things bolded.
MajinCell
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thirasin » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 pm

MeatsBackOnTheMenuBoys wrote:In my universe:

- Loss of consciousness: 10 min - 2 hours depending on the breathable air (in the situation of same size vore, loss of consciousness occours way earlier than in vore with size difference)
- Death: 30 min - 3 hours (carnivores' stomach acid is wayyy stronger than herbivores')
- Complete digestion: 3 hours - 3 days (of course, carnivores has stronger acids, so it happens earlier than herbivores with weak acids).

Explain how are different carnivore digestion vs herbivore digestion? For example: In Brothers Grimm's Movie, horse is swallow a human. Vs from Jurassic World woman being swallowed by Mosasaurus. How will be different?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion