Overused vore phrases

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Overused vore phrases

Postby PlatoPapel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm

What are some phrases that you think are overused in vore stories/comics? And what are some good alternatives for them, if any?

Personally I think any line that sounds like "You'll just be fat on my ass/tits" has been done to death.

And recently I've started thinking "muffled scream" is used too often in stories, but I really can't think of a good alternative (besides synonyms for "scream"). Words like "stifled" or "suppressed" don't really carry the same meaning.
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Re: Overused vore phrases

Postby ArcaneSigil » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Shout, yell, exclaim, vocalize. There are quite a few. I think people use the "stock phrases" because they just sound better. What would you rather hear? "You're just gonna be fat on my tits/ass" or "You're going to be a layer of cells added to my posterior/boobs/butt". Personally, the first one sounds better to me.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 am

I don't recall using those in my writing, but I do admit they are rather common.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby digesta » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 am

What about something similar - it paints the same picture, but the pred's method of delivery gives them more personal voice:
"You're just assfat in the making!"
"Get ready to make my pants stretch dangerously - all the fat you make's gonna push 'em to the limit!"
"Babe, you're just a day's worth of digestion from ending up on my glutes. Get ready to jiggle!"

Similarly, a 'muffled scream' could turn into a "din of agonized wails barely audible through the pudge they'd soon be adding to" or "stifled shrieks"
digesta
New to the forum

Postby Stanku » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:46 am

I catch myself too often using "muffled scream" or some near-kin equivalent, along with some other common phrases. These aren't too difficult to navigate around though. I find the more pressing problem is the choice of structure for the vore scenes, e.g. how to alternate between the prey/pred povs, what senses to highlight etc. At least for me it's easier to become repetitive on these areas than with the actual words.
Stanku
Been posting for a bit

Postby blessedwasthechild » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:30 am

[snip]
Last edited by blessedwasthechild on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blessedwasthechild
Participator

Postby Arthotus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 am

I understand your frustration PlatoPapel, but I find I get annoyed with my own writing more than others. Especially lately, I've had a harder time writing vore or sex scenes because there's only so many ways to describe a mouth and/or genitals, especially in a way that sounds vaguely sexy. I've really started to feel like I'm just repeating myself, writing the same scene over and over because there's only so many words that fit the scene, pacing, and atmosphere I'm trying to create. I don't notice these repetitions in other writing nearly as much as my own works, but I definately get what you mean. It's just something that happens because there's only so many words. If I knew a way around that problem, I'd probably be writing way more vore.
Surviving is such a terrible game of chance. No matter how many times you happen to win, it only takes once, and you lose forever.
Arthotus
---

Postby Borealis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:34 am

I've got to agree with the phrases the pred uses such as "you're nothing more than food" "fat on my tits/ass" and similar as being so well tread they are essentially community tropes or stock dialogue.

It's understandable as these are central concepts to what makes vore enjoyable for a lot of people, but throwing these lines out (unless they're really well placed and truly representative of the predatory character you've created) does feel like the path of least resistance.

Using community terminology isn't necessarily bad, but if every pred starts using stock dialogue, you could argue that it kind of detracts from their own character if they're using the same set of fetishist phrases regardless of their own established personality.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby NotTadpole » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 am

Now, I know I'm a fan of Endo, but I have to say I find any sort of line containing the phrase "soft, warm belly" to be rather cliché.
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby Saeshan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:47 am

Also, bear in mind that vore is not "mainstream", and as such, any langage is not necessarily 100% suitable to describe feelings, or actions related to vore, inflation. A living community could coin terms and especially its own idioms that would be agreed upon by anyone. Would it be time also to have a "Merriam-Webster" like dictionary, or a thesaurus helping weighing the nuances of a word on the context of Vore? Or a "Vorban dictionary"? Does it already exist? I know it's a loooooooooot of work, and it requires someone who knows ancient greek and latin... Please don't say, yeah dude go for it...
Saeshan
New to the forum

Postby 13master13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:42 pm

Onomatopoeia, mostly. It's almost impossible to render bodily sounds into language, granted, but people fall back on the same "sounds": *glorp*, *gurgle*, *churn*, *burp* (except in all caps and stretching across half a page). Granted, I've used a little bit of it for my writing and manips, but after a while, it becomes just clutter on the page.

Because I'm almost exclusively into same-size human vore, I cringe at variants of pregnant: "preggo" "preggers," and I really, really can't stand writing that claims "she looked 7 months preggo with triplets" or any variation of "[x] months preg with [y babies]."
Mx Thirteen
Editor in Chief:
Anthropophagette Press
13master13
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Any variation of 'you're just food now!'. Don't tell me this. *Show* me this by *acting like it*. Nobody tells a sandwich that it is, in fact, a sandwich, and not a person. They just eat it.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby JimmyJoeIII » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Not phrases, but words:
Maw. Gullet. Cockfood. "Pred" or "prey" as part of dialogue. Stuff (verb). Churn. Slurry. I'm sure there are more that I just can't think of right now.
JimmyJoeIII
Been posting for a bit

Postby Doku » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm

The word Vore.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jeice » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Latroma wrote:The word Vore.

I came here to say "Using 'Vore' as a verb". I've closed tabs immediately after seeing it, it so obnoxious to me.
Jeice
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CharlieC » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:55 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:Any variation of 'you're just food now!'. Don't tell me this. *Show* me this by *acting like it*. Nobody tells a sandwich that it is, in fact, a sandwich, and not a person. They just eat it.

Hey, I always make sure to tell my sandwiches that they're food.

Pizza, on the other hand? It gets to be surprised.
CharlieC
???

Postby GoTee1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 pm

In my writing, vore or not, my brain often defaults to descriptions like 'mountainous gut' or 'gargantuan gurgling gut' when describing the belly.
For the act of vore itself, I annoy myself with references to characters unhinging their jaw or 'dropping their mouth' over their prey. Granted, it can be difficult when the whole community is trying to essentially describe the same thing.

In both prose and dialogue I am trying to be a little more creative.
GoTee1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 am

"Your X is [some variant of occupied] but you can join them"
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby linthia » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 am

empatheticapathy wrote:Any variation of 'you're just food now!'. Don't tell me this. *Show* me this by *acting like it*. Nobody tells a sandwich that it is, in fact, a sandwich, and not a person. They just eat it.

Well I don't mind it personally as it emphasize much more the taunting and teasing aspect of the pred
linthia
Participator

Postby linthia » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

Well I don't mind it personally as it emphasize much more the taunting and teasing aspect of the pred
linthia
Participator

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion