Sentient digestive system

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Sentient digestive system

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Imagine the digestive tract becoming mad at someone who's finished digesting, since they won't give up any more nutrients.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby quickcrunch » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:09 pm

I love this concept greatly! Definitely deserves much more attention as an idea. I already have this interest in making the stomach seem semi-sentient sometimes in preds, or at least somewhat humanizing it more through the pred saying certain things about it. Especially when a prey has been swallowed, and the stomach begins to squeeze them, I usually have the pred remark things like "oh my stomach really seems to like you!" It can be contributed to both tell the prey they feel good in there, but also just add another layer to making the stomach affectionable. As someone who focuses so greatly on the stomach in vore these concepts have been thoughts of mine very often, and it's nice to see others speak about it.
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:42 am

That's what a person is, really. The gut is where most of the nerve endings are. The brain might be where decisions are rationalised into words, but the gut is where they happen, and where they are felt. I would argue it's where the soul is seated. When cells get together to form a body, they make a digestive system first, and then use their excess material to make systems that help the digestive system gather up more and better nourishment.
Whenever you look at someone, what you see is the imperial project of a monstrously successful stomach, which has done so well for itself that it can even afford a very expensive little parcel of reason and dignity on top to help it attract the highest possible quality prey.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Miridium » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:That's what a person is, really. The gut is where most of the nerve endings are. The brain might be where decisions are rationalised into words, but the gut is where they happen, and where they are felt. I would argue it's where the soul is seated. When cells get together to form a body, they make a digestive system first, and then use their excess material to make systems that help the digestive system gather up more and better nourishment.
Whenever you look at someone, what you see is the imperial project of a monstrously successful stomach, which has done so well for itself that it can even afford a very expensive little parcel of reason and dignity on top to help it attract the highest possible quality prey.

Organisms need to reproduce just as much as they need to acquire nutrients in order to maintain evolutionary fitness though. So we also see a successful reproductive system as well.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:39 am

Miridium wrote:Organisms need to reproduce just as much as they need to acquire nutrients in order to maintain evolutionary fitness though. So we also see a successful reproductive system as well.

Yes, I'd say that's secondary, though I'm asexual so of course I would; I don't have much evolutionary fitness except in a eusocial sense (don't even get me started on how the idea of humans as sentient guts maps onto social evolution and the rise of predatory human superorganisms). A woman who starves herself in order to increase her chances of reproducing might disagree, though I'd raise two points. Firstly, if social status relies on being thin, then staying thin and receiving a small, reliable quantity of high quality food rather than pigging out and falling into poverty and disgrace makes perfect sense (hence why I'm not 200 kg yet). Secondly, stomachs do share solidarity with other stomachs, especially those with a similar makeup and similar bodies around them, and especially especially those who have been connected by an umbilical cord. Starving yourself in order to secure a higher quality father/provider for your children is definitely an understandable choice, even if you don't plan to benefit from it yourself in your old age, which I imagine most do.

I could go on, but basically yes, reproductive organs are part of the imperial mechanism which is built by and for the stomach.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion