Vore in video games

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore in video games

Postby Bushido_Master » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:45 pm

Well since we had a vore in movies thing going, I thought we might as all cover this too since there's a lot of it.

In The Legend of Zelda: Occarina of Time, one of the levels takes place completely inside a large seal like creature named Lord Jabu Jabu. It starts off with a nice shot of link getting sucked into his mouth and then you run around his insides for a while.

One of the enemies in Zelda is a thing called a like-like, it looks kinda like a sea anemone without tentacles and it'll suck link in, steal something, then spit him back out

Jet Force Gemini, another game with a level that takes place inside a large creature. This one is a big worm thing and ends with you exiting via the "back door"
Bushido_Master
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:02 pm

fair enough, and this will be our current list

http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Conteudo&pid=27

Please keep them coming! If you are willing to help, let me know as well!
Eka
Administrator

Postby Heretic » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:12 pm

in kingdom hearts there are quite a few maw shots and at one point you get eaten by a giant whale, nice view of going inside, u get to run around in his mouth, throat and stomach

also in FinalFantasyX there is one monster that will use an attack called swallow, he'll eat your character and keep them for a few turns
Heretic
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:09 am

Lemme think on all the ones I can outta the games I have played...

Bushido Master took care of Zelda: OoT just fine.

Half-Life and Half-Life 2:
Alien creature known as a Barnacle which will hang off the ceiling and lower its long sticky tongue straight down. When something or someone comes in contact with the tongue it grabs them and brings them up to the body, usually high up near the ceiling, where it will then proceed to eat them. They will eat any organic thing, but will spit back out non-organic things (which is the best way to pass them in Half-Life 2.) You are first introduced to them in Half-Life 2 when a blackbird flies off due to your approach and gets trapped by a barnacle.

Battle Chess:
Old Macintosh game as far as I can tell. If a Rook takes a Queen he will transform into a rock man that will gulp the queen while she kicks and screams. His belly grows larger too.

Resident Evils: :twisted:
Tons of baddies that like to munch on the protagonists such as...
Giant Alligators [Whole](2)
Frog Mutants [Whole](?)
Massive Sea Monsters [Whole](4)
Parasites [Head](4)
Sharks [Whole or Pieces](1)
Zombies [Hard Vore](All but 4)
Zombie Dogs [Hard Vore](All, very scary enemies in 4)
Giant Spiders
Indescribable Horrors [All kindsa vores.](All)
Mostly Resident Evil vore is messy and bloody. Great maw shots throughout, especially in 4 though.

Super Smash Brothers:
Kirby uses his signature move and sucks up other fighters to absorb a special power from them. Yoshi grabs onto other players with his tongue, gulps them, and either conceals them in an egg or chews them up and spits them out.

StarFox (64 and Adventures methinks):
The main boss Andross has a powerfully damaging attack where he sucks up your Arwing, munches on it a bit, then spits it out again. Considering his size you also get a massive glimpse of his maw.

StarFox Adventures:
One of the first main bosses you face will swallow your objective. He will also swallow you if given the chance. If that happens you show up in his stomach and have to beat on his insides until he spits you back up. There's also a boss battle against a giant Red Eye (T-Rex) that has one big mouth rimmed with pointy teeth.

Also I suppose it could be considered some form of vore on a spiritual level. You are tasked with bringing ancient spirits back to a holy temple and after completing the task to show the spirit you are worthy it enters your body (changing your eye color as well 8O) and will stay there until you bring it back to its rightful place.

Your sidekick Tricky likes eating mushrooms that display signs of sentient existance. (I.E. they will try to flee if you come after them you gotta knock them unconscious with your staff before you can gather them up.)

StarFox Assault:
The antagonistic race the Aparoids have an MO where they will assimilate with other creatures, consuming control of their bodies and minds as well as mutating them towards their will.

Metroid Prime:
There's some large toads that will swallow you whole in morph ball form. If you plant a bomb they explode messily too. You get some good maw shots of Meta Ridley and of course there's those Metroid parasites.

Turok:
Throughout the series of game there are always dinosaurs that will be more than happy to turn you into lunch. You get some especially good dining scenes near the end of the first game if you should fall prey to the giant cyborg T-Rex. In the third game an enforcer helicopter got too close to an evil portal and got pulled through, when it returned it was an even more evil version of itself (via evil assimilation.)

That's about all I can bring up off the top of my head out of my library of games. I'll add in some more if I think of them. Best of luck with this list, Eka. :)
Kyle
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vir » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:53 am

Kingdom hearts (EDIT: Whoops, didnt see your post, Heretic :( )

In the end of the awakening, Sora (the main character) almost gets swallowed by the boss Darkside (you dont see the swallowing, but thats what he told when he woke up)

One example is in a part of the game, the gummi ship (the mode of transportation) gets swallowed by Monstro.. in the final boss fight in Monstro occurs in this stomach, if Sora lands in the liquid surrounding the platform, he recieved digestion damage.

Second is in the last boss fight of Atlantica world where Ursula becomes gigantic, one attack she sucks Sora towards her mouth, if he escapes, she gets annoyed.. if he doesnt, she says "good.. very tasty!" (and she is extremely well animated) Sora does not get swallowed though, just bitten.
In an earlier fight on same world is against a shark, he bites and you can look into his maw, but just for a second.

On the Olympus colliseum, Sora have a boss fight with Cerberus that have biting attacks.

The fight with Sabor on the Tarzan world ends in two ways but with different results of Sora falling on his back and Sabor prepares for the final lunge... can guess what would happen if Tarzan didnt come to save Sora.

Lastly, Sora was made go walk to plank in Neverland, and has a nice sequence (from a nice angle) as he fell towards the crocodiles maw just to fly away at the last possible moment (he got pixie dust on him earlier).

Final Fantasy VII

There is a monster in this game thats called 'Hungry', that shrinks the party members and swallows two of them (well animated for a game that old)

Final Fantasy VIII

Late in the game, you get a ability from Eden that allows the one with Eden to eat the monsters in the fight with low enough health left. (i usually equip one of the girls with it :wink: ) the party member runs to the monster, then a censor screen appears while you hear eating noises followed by a nice swallow, switches to regular combat screen and the character with the ability gives a comment on how the monster tasted.

Final Fantasy IX

The character Quina learns blue magic by eating certain enemies. And there is a monster called Zuu, that swallows party members by plucking them up in its beak, throws the head back and follows with nice swallowing noise. Anoter monster much later in the game (called Cerberus i think) throws a party member up and into its mouth, chomps on him/her repeatedly and spits him/her out causing damage and status ailments.

Final Fantasy X

Huge desert worms on Bikanel island can in parts of battles swallow the character that causes it the most harm, but regurtitates him/her a bit later.. and repeats the process. You can manage to see it plenty times as desert worms has alot of hp.

Devil may cry 3

At a point in the game, Dante gets swallowed by a huge monster and has to fight his way through its body to destroy vital organs. He recieves digestion damage in some pools of liquid.
Vir
Participator

Postby Just this guest » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:00 am

(I really should get an account, I guess, but I keep getting an 'Invalid Nickname' error. So either I have one already and forgot all about it, or there's a problem with apostrophes...anyway:)

Temple of Elemental Evil

At least one or two, possibly more encounters (I never got very far and the game's currently not on my HD anymore) feature giant frogs that shoot their tongues out at individual party members and can swallow them whole on the next turn, where they'll keep taking damage until dead or freed (typically by killing the frog). Swallowed victims can still act on their usual turns and even attack 'their' frog from inside.

(Incidentally, isn't there a 'Vore in games' list at http://www.voraphile.com already? Not saying that a little duplication is a bad thing...you never know when you might need a backup.)
Just this guest

Postby RandomRelations » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:34 pm

Warcraft III:

The Orc campaign features a beast called a Kodo, which has a special 'devour' ability.

An enemy may be devoured by the beast, and is then slowly digested over a period of time. If the beast is killed the character escapes intact, otherwise he is fully digested, with a very satisfying burp and gurgle.
Last edited by RandomRelations on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomRelations
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mouse » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:46 pm

RandomRelations wrote:Warcraft III:

The Orc campaign features a beast called a Kudo, which has a special 'devour' ability.

An enemy may be devoured by the beast, and is then slowly digested over a period of time. If the beast is killed the character escapes intact, otherwise he is fully digested, with a very satisfying burp and gurgle.

It's actually called a Kodo... if I remember properly...

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

One of the bosses in this game ends up shrinking Yoshi and Baby Mario and then you get eaten by the frog. The remaining boss battle involves other (very large) enemies down on top of you and you have to turn them into eggs and launch them at the bosses uvula...

Also in both Super Mario World's Yoshi eats his enemies and turns them into eggs... but nearly everyone should know that one by now =P
Mouse
Author

Postby RandomRelations » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:22 pm

You're right, I stand corrected.

It's been a long while since I played the original game, and my last lengthy sessions were restricted to the expansion pack, which does not feature a proper Orc campaign (final Undead mission was a nightmare).

I'll edit my original post with the correction.
RandomRelations
Been posting for a bit

Postby bella » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 pm

Not sure if anyone else remembers it but on the old playstation a game called dinocrisis. It featured a scene where the plucky heroine had to battle a T-rex that had just smashed through a window of the office she was in. If it got too close or her health dropped too low it took her side on in its jaws and dragged her out the window the screen went dark as she screamed followed by a crunching sound. Very cool :wink:
bella
New to the forum

Postby Conn » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:12 pm

New King Kong game features t-rex vore with Anne being devoured in a very nice little animation it can eat you too but alas all you see is a very big close up of its maw not the swallow as with Anne.
Conn
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Inferno » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: IF you lose to Abyss Form 3, he will sometimes pop you in the air and swallow you whole, before reforming and licking his lips. Seru Omen has a nifty little story up here about just such an "unfourtunate" occurance.
....and that's how I got crabs...again.
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:33 pm

Added, thanks.

Still looking for people to help with editing the list!
Eka
Administrator

Postby Throku » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Shining force 2 Only implied. :P When you get to the magic school you can volunteer for a woman's experiments and she'll turn you into a hen (dunno I think the game might be Japanese from start so that might have to do with the male char suddenly becoming female.)
Anyway as a hen you can go around the school and talk to people and most will talk about eating you or hens/chickens in general. The one who transformed you isn't interested in turning you back she just muses over the possibility of turning enemies into chickens and that way they wouldn't have to worry about food anymore. ^^

Hmm I might want to add "Duamutef's Glorious VRPG", "Cartovore" and "Cartovore 2: Cartomancer" to the list...need a description for those? Safe to say they are pretty vore heavy :P

EDIT: Just realized no one had mentioned Dungeon Keeper or Dungeon Keeper 2. You are the evil keeper and manage your dungeon from a godlike perspective. Anyway the vore is in that in both games the creatures will have to eat chickens otherwise they will get unhappy and leave your dungeon. A great feature is that one of the spells enables you to take over any creature under your control, even chickens.

DK1 has a little worse graphics, but is better in the way that creatures will eat a chicken if they bump into one, meaning that if you drop chickens in the lair sleeping creatures will wake up and eat them, in DK2 only creatures going to the Hatchery will eat chickens, or if you drop chickens directly onto a creature, that'll make them eat too.

All monsters have their own way of eating and there are quite a few monsters giant flies, dominatrix style mistresses, trolls, maidens (think female spidertaur) and so on... Oh you can't control the chickens when you use obsession on them :/ you're just in for the ride.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Just me » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:26 pm

This will be a very long list.

Heart of Darkness: almost every enemy in this game eats Andy, the main character except some bat like shadow monsters that break your back or burns you.

Yoshi's Island: You forgot that there are some enemies that Yoshi can't lay in an egg, there are some that Yoshi just eats them and licks his lips and there are some fish enemies that will try to suck you and if it succes, you lose.

E.V.O In Search Of Eden: The objective of this game is eat and evolve, you control an animal and kill other animals to eat their meat and evolve if you have enough points.

Mortal Kombat 2: The characters Liu Kang, Mileena, Shang Tsung and Reptile have a vorish finishing move, Liu Kang morphs into a giant green eastern dragon that bites the upper body of his opponent, Mileena is a female ninja, she takes off her mask and show a face with nasty big teeth, she kisses her opponent, sucks it in her mouth and spits the bones, Reptile is a male ninja, he takes off his mask to show a raptor face, he eats the opponent's head using a long sticky tongue, Shang Tsung have one that he grabs the opponent and sucks his/her soul but I don't know if that's considered vore.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy: The characters Liu Kang, Mileena, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Ermac and Stryker have their some vorish fatalities or animalities, Liu Kang and Mileena have the same ones, Reptile do his fatality a lot similar as in Mortal Kombat 2 but he continue with the body and the upper legs, Shang Tsung's animality is that he morphs into a cobra and swallow the opponent whole, in Ermac's animality he morphs into a human sized frog and swallow the opponent, in Stryker's animality he morphs into a T-rex and bites the upper body of his/her opponent.

Mortal Kombat 4: again with the character Reptile, but in this game he is not using a ninja costume, in his fatality he jumps to the opponent and chew his/her face until there is not any skin, Liu Kang has his dragon morph fatality but he just bite the oppoenet and shake it a lot, then he slams it to the floor.

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance: Reptile again, he jumps to the opponent and spits a lot of acid to it's head until it only remains a skull, Reptile eats that skull using his long sticky tongue and you can hear a very nice swallowing sound.

Mortal Kombat: Deception: Every stage have a death trap, and in one stage called Yin Yang Island, when the stage is in the evil stage, the water is infested with man eater piranhas that eats the opponent, in one of Mileena's fatalities, she takes of her mask and bites at the opponent's neck and throw his head to another part of the arena and laughs evily.

Breath of Fire 2: There is one stage where you have to fight with a evil totem that it's inside a whale, there is another where you enter inside a princess that is incredibly fat to kill all the fatty monsters inside her.

Contra Hard Corps: One of the bosses in this game is a plant like creature that was created by an evil scientist, but the creature doesn't obbey him and eats him, then you have to fight it.
Just me

Postby Laguna » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:31 pm

Resident Evil vore

Gamma Hunters in Resident Evil 3 can swallow you whole
Frog mutants in resident evil 0 can swallow you whole
and the coolest vore scene in Resident evil is in Resident Evil Outbreak where on one level there is a mutation of the gamma hunter than swallows you whole, very nice animation ^_^
Moo moo~
Laguna
Somewhat familiar

Postby Heretic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:16 pm

Star wars, Jedi Knight :Jedi Academy
1st set of missions:Merchant Rescue:Giant worms infest the planet, when you touch the earth and not a rock or ship part, they will come up from underneath you, and you will hear a roar and a scream
2nd set of missions:Hostage Situation (not the name, but the mission):In this mission you will encounter the rancor, if you let him grab you, he will first sniff you twice then throw you back down, the next time he grabs you, he will eat you (Hard or Soft)
Heretic
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jidane » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:13 am

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

Rend!
Slaughter!
Devour your enemies!
There is no other way to survive.
You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

For all those who like it messy.

Main characters of both games are the members of a small group called the Embryon, who got transformed by a strange light and posess the power to transfrom into some badass demons, which devour their enemies.

Lots and lots of (hard) vore. Nummeh.
Jidane
Artist

Postby Chrisis » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:28 am

voraphile.com >.> They have hundreds on their list
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Postby Slash » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:07 am

Well. In Killer Instinct I there's a vore finishing more for riptor a Raptor fighter. That leaps at his opponent,the screen grows dark with a scream and when the screen comes back. Riptor's lying on his back with a huge belly burping and farting.

In Killer Instinct II A Barbarian character Tusk summons a dino to swallow his opponent whole.
Slash
Participator

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion