Vore Essay

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vore Essay

Postby DeVore2178 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:13 pm

First, thank you to everyone who detailed the history of the community!

Second, I am writing this essay to be informative. It's technically for fun, it's not for school and I'm not being paid. It's very unlikely that it will be published, as well.

Third, If you are really uncomfortable with it, I just won't mention specific communities or people in the essay. I can keep the community part of the essay vague if that makes you feel any better, but I doubt it will really make any difference. I'll only be posting it here and on a DA page, not on something like Encyclopedia Dramatica (I'd never do that.) My hope is that it will catch some attention and help the community become more accepted and hopefully trigger some research on the fetish.

@ Fawkingaye

Actually, I want it to be a really long essay. I'll be covering every topic I find relevant in as much depth as practically possible. Thank you though, I'll keep your advice in mind.

Again, thank you everyone!
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby Militant-Prey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm not sure posting it on DA is a good idea either. Only a matter of time before it reaches ED if you do that. And I am not sure if the psychological professions are going to be all that fair.
Militant-Prey
New to the forum

Postby DeVore2178 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm

@ Militant-Prey

It won't reach anyone if I don't post it somewhere. DA happens to be another place where I'm openly into vore. If I only post the essay in the vore community, no one who would learn from it will ever read it.
Last edited by DeVore2178 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeVore2178 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:40 pm

@ Several people

Okay, I don't mean to have an angry rant, but I feel like I need to say this, even though I really shouldn't have to. This essay is MY project. Just because someone tells me not to post it, or not to go through with it, is not going to stop me. This needs to be done, vore and essay writing are two of my passions. I'm not crediting any individual people or communities for what goes into the essay, meaning that if somehow it gets an extremely negative reaction, it should all go on my head. Also, no troll is going to take a dead-serious, informative essay and put it on ED or use it against anyone. In fact, this essay should be used against trolls instead. It could be used to help explain the subject to friends. When homosexuals first started coming out to society, they were hated. But over the years, people learned more about the subject and they have gained much more acceptance. We won't get anywhere if we don't try to make people understand the subject. People will just continue having their misconceptions and ignorance if no one tells them otherwise.

I am here to ask for people's opinions to add to the essay to make it more accurate to what everyone feels and experiences, instead of representing my experience only, which is really very narrow. So, either I could give an accurate representation of the community and make the essay what it's supposed to be - informative and unbiased - or I could just give people my little view point and have everyone who reads it judge the community by that. Which would you prefer? I came asking for advice here to do everyone a favor. If you don't want a part in it - then don't give your opinion. But don't try to talk me out of it. Please. It's not like this is a huge scientific novel that's going to get awards and be spread all over the world. People will have to ACTIVELY SEARCH for vore-related essays, on only a couple of specific websites, to find it at all. This is not going to change the world's opinion about vore. But I hope to at least get a start, and encourage other people to stand up for themselves, what they enjoy, and what's wrongly misunderstood and judged.

There. I feel better now. I hope you all understand why I'm doing this a little better.

EDIT: Sorry if that was over the top... but I needed to get that out. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive or just has the best interests of the community in mind. :) I don't want to do anything to harm the community, but I firmly believe that this will only have a positive effect.
Last edited by DeVore2178 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby ipeerownu » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:00 pm

I haven't been in the vore community for that long compared to a list of others, but I will say that the essay is an awesome and amazing idea that I'm surprised others haven't thought of yet. Through the words of an essay, the concepts and ideals behind the vore community to be brought to light and explained in an accurate and interesting way rather than allow the trolls and bullies to eventually find the site and attack it. I feel that once the site is more widely known, the only ammo against those who decide to bash the site because of it being 'weird' in a sense is the essay that you plan on writing, DeVore2178.

Truthfully, I want to see what the essay when it's finished because such a brilliant idea to write something awesome should NEVER go unnoticed. And as a suggestion, it may be a good idea to exhibit some of the 'non-adult' pieces of art (Poetry, Drawings, Stories, Etc...) that some people around Eka's Portal have used. In addition to explaining the community, the pieces of art may also serve to prove that the community is productive and capable of producing miraculous pieces of art. Because from what I've seen, it's been proven to myself that literally ANYTHING could be made into an amazing form of art, whether it be stories, drawings, games, or otherwise. And before publishing your essay when you're finished, it may be a good idea to submit it here so that like-minded people may be able to review the essay and provide suggestions to further improve it before it is published or presented (or whatever you wish to do with it). Presenting a piece of writing to peers is a common way (as far as I've seen) to help an individual further improve their writing as well as help the individual in spotting any writing mistakes he/she may have done on accident. I know because I've made multiple writing mistakes in the past that fellow peers have helped me correct. And I was able to further improve my own writings thanks to the suggestions other people have provided me in real life.

Anyways, I hope I get to see the essay when you're finished with it.
ipeerownu
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeVore2178 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:25 pm

@ ipeerownu

Thank you. I might not actually show the art and writing, as that would involving crediting, but I will be sure to mention that. I have read some incredibly good stories and seen incredibly good comics/art (many even better than published works.)

Yep, I plan on posting updates on it here as I work on it. I'm not planning on getting it published, but I'm still going to ask anyone who wants to to review it at least a couple times before I post it anywhere outside of this forum.

@ Thread

Sorry if my last post was over the top... but I needed to get that out. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive or just has the best interests of the community in mind. :) I don't want to do anything to harm the community, but I firmly believe that this will only have a positive effect.
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby pluralofspoot » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 pm

A lot of people seem to like the idea of soft vore; being held in somebody's belly as an expression of being a part of them, and being loved by them; needed by them, even, as food.

However, I am not one of these. The thing that I really like is the fear aspect, the idea of being chased and consumed, and the out-of-control-ness.

In that way, I sort of compare it to a rape fetish, which is also something I think about; being the victim of rape, being completely out of control. Rape, as a fantasy fetish, is apparently not uncommon in women (like myself).

But if Rape were to actually occur, I would be very, very unhappy, and very traumatized.

Similarly, if Vore were to actually occur, I would be most displeased and also dead. I would not enjoy Real Life Vore.

I was interested in vore before I had sexual desires. When my friends and I played cat-and-mouse, I always found that I enjoyed the idea of being eaten by the "cat", though I couldn't tell you why. This was in grade-school, when I was 7-9. I never understood why. Honestly, I still don't, really.

That's my two cents, and anecdotal. Do with it what you will. Good luck.
pluralofspoot
Somewhat familiar

Postby pluralofspoot » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:50 pm

ipeerownu wrote:I haven't been in the vore community for that long compared to a list of others, but I will say that the essay is an awesome and amazing idea that I'm surprised others haven't thought of yet. Through the words of an essay, the concepts and ideals behind the vore community to be brought to light and explained in an accurate and interesting way rather than allow the trolls and bullies to eventually find the site and attack it. I feel that once the site is more widely known, the only ammo against those who decide to bash the site because of it being 'weird' in a sense is the essay that you plan on writing, DeVore2178.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty scared of Vore getting out into the open; specifically BECAUSE of the trolls and the bullies. I believe that the exact opposite will happen.

I don't think that Vore is like homosexuality, where it can be accepted by some people, because some people are born homosexual. I sort of do think that people may be naturally inclined towards Voraphilia, but because people can absolutely not act these desires out without a potential fatality (whereas being homosexual is harmless), people are not just going to read an essay and be like "Oh, well, that makes sense! I guess we DO like voraphiles because they're just like everybody else! Huzzah!"

I think if people are more aware of it, we will get an increase of people who are afraid who will target us, and this site, and bully, and troll it until it shuts down. The normal person is not going to understand. Much in the same way that you may not understand why people have foot fetishes, or like the idea of somebody licking somebody else's armpit, or somebody peeing or pooping on somebody else - and yes, YOU may be tolerant because those are harmless, and weird, and your fetish is fifty times weirder - but vore is not a commonplace fetish and personally, I think it should stay in the dark because I don't want to be the next target for the voraphobics and the KKK.

Basically, I know that people cherry-pick what they want to hear, and they use it against the party they want to use it against.

If a person writes:

"Voraphilia is a completely harmless fantasy fetish. People fantasize about eating each other because they want to be close to one another; they want to be inside them in the most literal of senses."

Then another person will put this on the news:

"'People fantasize about eating each other'! this is a direct quote from a sick, fat person who needs psychological help. This site needs to be banned!These people need to be stopped before more Jeffrey Dahmers are born. These people idolize him!They're all serial killers waiting to happen."

That is my opinion, and nothing more. I don't think any good will come from this if it's published, myself, but it was mentioned that this was a personal project, and I like essays, and I could very well be wrong. I just think the internet is a mean and cruel and not-understanding place. This is made more apparent when we read youtube comments.
pluralofspoot
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeVore2178 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:58 pm

@ pluralofspoot

You have a good point, and the internet is a very not-nice place, but I just don't think acceptance will ever happen if we don't start somewhere. Though I wouldn't mind including in the essay that quite a few members of the community don't want this all out in the open, because of judgmental jerks and whatnot. I've had a downright traumatizing experience coming out to someone in real life, and that's a big part of the reason I'm doing this in the first place.
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby Militant-Prey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Soft vore doesn't mean no fear, no chase, no out of controlness. It just means not being eaten bit by bit. That's it. Endo implies soft vore, but soft vore does not always imply endo. Plus, the whole being needed thing and the fear thing aren't mutually exclusive.

And I don't think acceptance will ever happen. Not for the foreseeable future. Just, no.
Militant-Prey
New to the forum

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Militant-Prey wrote:And I don't think acceptance will ever happen. Not for the foreseeable future. Just, no.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this, we can't accept someone for being attracted to the same sex, how can we expect people to accept others who have a cannibalism fetish? I know it isn't a cannibalism fetish, but the world thinks that gays getting marriage is wrong for one reason or another without looking at the whole story, they wouldn't be bothered to accept our fetishism...even if we started off describing animal eating animal and moving to *human on human same-size hard vore* <== I vote for omitting that all together, I know it sounds wrong, but this will blow it out of the water.
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby 4ofSwords » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:I vote for omitting that all together, I know it sounds wrong, but this will blow it out of the water.

But isn't the whole point of this not that we as a community are writing dome kind of manifesto, but just a document DeVore2178 is writing for their own personal pleasure, probably to be posted here and DeviantArt? In other words, a) we don't get a vote, and b) it's just one person's thoughts and summaries about something we are already talking about extensively in the places they are planning posting it. If we are going to have a big long thread about a vore essay and talk about same-size hard vore, what is the difference between that and DeVore compiling their thoughts in a document instead? I don't understand why people are so worried about talking about vore on a site where we're already talking about vore.
4ofSwords
???

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:16 pm

I wasn't saying don't put it in, I'm saying if he wants to get it publicised by any means, omit that. If it's merely for reference by other vorarephiles then I'm fine.
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Thaone » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm

I don't mean any harm with this but I have a question. I'm wondering if any of you his have some sort of of mental problems? No offense, and not saying that I think so, or that you should, I'm simply jus wondering. You see I am into vore, and have a lot of metal problems so I was wondering if anyone else experience this. I wonder if my vore fetish is related to my mental problems. Again, I'm not saying that all people who like vore are crazy or aything, Im just curious.
Thaone
New to the forum

Postby DeVore2178 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:55 pm

@ 4ofSwords

Though I'm ultimately deciding what to put in and leave out of the essay in the end, I do want a community opinion of what would be good or bad in it. Though I definitely agree, I don't see why people are worrying over it going onto DeviantArt when that website has a sizable, really rather nice vore community already. It isn't anything new around there.

@ SREDISKRAD

Though I appreciate the hopes that it could happen, this would be my third time saying that it most likely will never be published. If it ever was, by some insane chance picked up and published, then I would clean it up immensely and make sure at least the majority of the community was happy with it. That would be a much bigger project than what I'm doing now, and not something I'm planning on.

This essay would at least partially be for reference for other vore lovers, to help them learn about the subject and realize they aren't alone. But it's really aimed at anyone who happens to stumble upon it, and maybe for a few of my friends that I want to come out to. I just hope it will help clear up any myths and misjudgements people might have about the subject. And of course the other purpose is 'cuz I wanna'.

@ Militant-Prey

Well, I'm an optimist. I'm going to try anyway. :P

@ Thaone

I've wondered that too, actually. Though in my case I wonder more if it's a quirk of my brain wiring than a straight up mental disorder.
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby nephilim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:53 pm

[Dinobonoid] wrote:
DeVore2178 wrote:@ 4ofSwords

I didn't know that, could you tell me more about it?

If I may interject, from my understanding, "vorare" is derived from Latin while "philia" is derived from Greek, so they should not be combined into one word in usual scientific nomenclature.

Phagophile would be more appropriate. Or phagophilia, in fact.

You could also mention that a lot of off-color fetishes dovetail with vore, too. Such as macrophilia, microphilia, biastophilia, and good ol' sado-masochism and dominant/submissive structure.
600k views - Click the banner for the content mecca
Webcomic Coming Winter '24
Read The Story Behind the Comic
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby 4ofSwords » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 pm

nephilim wrote:You could also mention that a lot of off-color fetishes dovetail with vore, too. Such as macrophilia, microphilia, biastophilia, and good ol' sado-masochism and dominant/submissive structure.

Not to mention the various body-part fixations: bellies, asses, even hair for hair vore, feet, and the obvious mouth and tongue kinks.
4ofSwords
???

Postby DeVore2178 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 pm

@ nephilim and 4ofSwords

Will do!

Though I also have a question. Have you ever seen someone be 'converted' to like vore? Why/how do you think this happens? I have had a boyfriend who I got to like vore. Personally I think it's because he started associating vore with me, and that he might not like the vore itself, but I'm not sure. I don't exactly talk to him anymore so I can't really ask him, either.

Basically, what do you think of nature vs nurture when it comes to vore?
DeVore2178
Somewhat familiar

Postby nephilim » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:56 pm

DeVore2178 wrote:@ nephilim and 4ofSwords

Will do!

Though I also have a question. Have you ever seen someone be 'converted' to like vore? Why/how do you think this happens? I have had a boyfriend who I got to like vore. Personally I think it's because he started associating vore with me, and that he might not like the vore itself, but I'm not sure. I don't exactly talk to him anymore so I can't really ask him, either.

Well. I've never been terribly "surprised" that vore and sex are conflated concepts. If you think about it, all of the body parts involved with sex (mouth, lips, tongue) are erotic points of receptivity and reciprocity; so to have those sexual feelings transposed to vore is not that much of a stretch. For example; kissing. Wouldn't it almost be accurate to say that mouth play is an overly-exaggerated version of a kiss?
600k views - Click the banner for the content mecca
Webcomic Coming Winter '24
Read The Story Behind the Comic
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby 4ofSwords » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm

DeVore2178 wrote:Though I also have a question. Have you ever seen someone be 'converted' to like vore? Why/how do you think this happens? I have had a boyfriend who I got to like vore. Personally I think it's because he started associating vore with me, and that he might not like the vore itself, but I'm not sure. I don't exactly talk to him anymore so I can't really ask him, either.

I haven't personally; the closest I've seen is people taking on new interests and kinks within the overall fetish (going from prey to pred, or starting to like hardvore where their interests were purely soft before, or changing gender preferences). However, there are people on the site who are here because their boyfriend/girlfriend got them into vore (several of them have said as much on other threads), and there have been plenty of people who've mentioned that they told their significant other about vore, only to find that they got into it more than just to please them. So I think it's possible! I know I have a few kinks that are associated with a particular individual I knew a long time ago and I started liking them because of that person, but now I enjoy them quite on their own.

I think I have a generous handful of kinks but three fetishes (sexual replacements). I can remember being into vore well before I was sexually aware, and my sexuality developed around it. The other two, though, I 'developed' (or maybe got from someone else) post adolescence, so my personal opinion is a fetish for or fascination with vore can come from -either- nature or nurture.

nephilim wrote:Well. I've never been terribly "surprised" that vore and sex are conflated concepts. If you think about it, all of the body parts involved with sex (mouth, lips, tongue) are erotic points of receptivity and reciprocity; so to have those sexual feelings transposed to vore is not that much of a stretch. For example; kissing. Wouldn't it almost be accurate to say that mouth play is an overly-exaggerated version of a kiss?

It totally can be, for me - I'd definitely agree. At the same time, I can really enjoy completely chaste vore with the same degree of mouthplay that is not sexual in tone. But when vore is sexual, especially soft vore, I tend to lump it into the category of "advanced kiss". :)
4ofSwords
???

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion