Eka's portal etiquette

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby yummyyoungnorski » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 pm

newenglandee wrote:
Lumesa wrote:
newenglandee wrote:We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.

My standards are offended by your wantonly atrocious grammar and elitist attitude.

When did "elitist" suddenly become a bad thing? "Elite" means better than you. Smarter. Stronger. More cultured and intelligent. Don't you WANT others to be "elite"? Don't you, for instance want your PRESIDENT to be an elite? Or your father or mother or the artists or writers you read? Don't you want them to be, to put it bluntly, BETTER than you?

"Ummm...it was just a joke. Is there an objective STANDARD for having a sense of humor? Because if so, you definitely are way below par dude. You might want to work on that. Unnecessary ridicule seems to be how you think people improve themselves, so let me try: YOU SUCK!!! There. Are you any funnier? Or are you still taking yourself too seriously?"

There's standards for types of humor too. You need set-ups and the like. And to know your audience. And to not flub a punchline. Shall I go on?

Thus begins the silliest conversation in the history of the internet (and that's saying something)... Seriously, a pox on both your houses!
For the joy of good food.

Visit my gallery on DeviantArt: http://yummyyoungnorski.deviantart.com/
yummyyoungnorski
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Eka's portal etiquette

Postby sevensix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:47 pm

I see this thread hasn't been active in a while. What's the etiquette on necroposting (in sticky threads or otherwise)?

Second: If you approach someone with an idea, and they receive your message, but they don't reply, at what point is it appropriate to assume that they're not interested and propose the idea to someone else?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Dekkard2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Eka wrote:This is a Etiquette post. The purpose of this post is to explains what we expect from the user on this site.

Please note that quality and standard is not within the criteria of any of our rules, because those are not the purpose of this site. People who join this site, therefore, did not sign up for quality control for individual submission.

If you want to control quality, go to a site where people signed up for it. That is all needed to be said on this topic.

Check our Critiquing suggestion if you wish to be better at making criticism. They will be provided when the artist request them, in the method they expected, and nowhere else.

I was about to say... I thought this site was for everyone who has a vore fetish in some capacity and as a means for everyone to post their art without disdain or bullying.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Aces » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:53 pm

sevensix wrote:I see this thread hasn't been active in a while. What's the etiquette on necroposting (in sticky threads or otherwise)?

Second: If you approach someone with an idea, and they receive your message, but they don't reply, at what point is it appropriate to assume that they're not interested and propose the idea to someone else?

No idea on the first point.

On the second, if they aren't responding, that sounds to me like an unsolicited request, which is inherently rude and shouldn't be done in the first place. Don't bother artists with unsolicited requests.

Otherwise if they did ask for requests or something, I'd give it a week.

Unrelated to the above quote:
As for the comments demanding some kind of quality control standards, you can all unkindly fuck right off. A community grows and thrives on new users. Furthermore, art is subjective. What constitutes good and bad art is subjective.

Eka has the right idea, because if we demanded some kind of quality assessment, we'd just screw ourselves over long term for no gain in the short term anyway. Look at some of our best artists, then go back and look at the trash they first submitted to the gallery. GEE, HOW DID THEY GET BETTER?

To the mods, forgive the harshness of my tone, but I must speak out against such asinine rhetoric. If it's too much go ahead and edit or delete my post, but I hope you share my opinion that toxic gatekeepers and elitist users should not be tolerated.

I will always support what lets a community grow. I would rather a community lose hundreds of its oldest users than to prevent a fraction of that from being welcome to join in new. The oldfags like me will all be gone one day. If we are not replaced by new talent to grow in our place, the community inevitably dies.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:48 pm

@Dekkard and Aces,
That discussion is 5 years old.

@sevensix,
Necroing is in general against the rules. The exception seems to be when the posts of the old thread are directly relevant to the new post. For example, a games development ends, and someone necroes to share a link to new development on the same game.

As to the second question, as Aces said, unsolicited messages that could be viewed as requests are not allowed.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:@Dekkard and Aces,
That discussion is 5 years old.

It's new to me!! :U
also oops lol

The timing of this is just such a coincidence because I was just the other day having an argument similar to this in relation to Vorestation and I had said pretty much the same thing. We used to require applications from all new players, but did away with that as it severely stunted our growth.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:@sevensix,
Necroing is in general against the rules. The exception seems to be when the posts of the old thread are directly relevant to the new post. For example, a games development ends, and someone necroes to share a link to new development on the same game.

I only post things I consider relevant to a thread, so (assuming relevance is symmetric) I guess I'm safe. Good to know.

Aleph-Null wrote:As to the second question, as Aces said, unsolicited messages that could be viewed as requests are not allowed.

In what sense? And is "~~ How do I get a commission from you? ~~ / All you need to do is ask!" enough to count as solicitation?

Thanks for the answers (and likewise to Aces).
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:13 pm

sevensix wrote:
Aleph-Null wrote:@sevensix,

I only post things I consider relevant to a thread, so (assuming relevance is symmetric) I guess I'm safe. Good to know.

Aleph-Null wrote:As to the second question, as Aces said, unsolicited messages that could be viewed as requests are not allowed.

In what sense? And is "~~ How do I get a commission from you? ~~ / All you need to do is ask!" enough to count as solicitation?

Thanks for the answers (and likewise to Aces).

Requests as in requests for free shit is what I was referring to. Asking about paid commission information is not as much of a problem. That is what they meant by requests. Unsolicited requests, that is begging for free art without the artist having explicitly saying you can do so, is very impolite.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:51 pm

Not sure that this is relevant to the thread, but I didn't see a designated thread to ask about the rules; and there's a pinned thread saying to not open new threads unless necessary. Makes a bit of a dilemma when combined with the rule against necroposting.

Regardless: What should a commissioner do when an artist or writer cancels a paid-for project, and the payment was sent through a processor that doesn't offer chargebacks, or the chargeback deadline has expired? Rule 8 says that "Private conversations are only allowed to be posted publicly if mutually agreed by all parties involved in such dialogue". Does that mean that you can't report them or warn others, if all your of interactions were through private channels?

Edit: Relatedly, does silence count as a conversation, or is publicly reporting ghostings fine?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:29 pm

sevensix wrote:Not sure that this is relevant to the thread, but I didn't see a designated thread to ask about the rules; and there's a pinned thread saying to not open new threads unless necessary. Makes a bit of a dilemma when combined with the rule against necroposting.

Regardless: What should a commissioner do when an artist or writer cancels a paid-for project, and the payment was sent through a processor that doesn't offer chargebacks, or the chargeback deadline has expired? Rule 8 says that "Private conversations are only allowed to be posted publicly if mutually agreed by all parties involved in such dialogue". Does that mean that you can't report them or warn others, if all your of interactions were through private channels?

Edit: Relatedly, does silence count as a conversation, or is publicly reporting ghostings fine?

This is something you're kind of screwed for I think. You can only learn for the future. I have a whole blog post about this from a while back but I'll summarize.

1. Never use payment services that offer no way of disputing the payment if the product was not delivered.
2. Do not neglect the time limit of these services. Pay attention to how long it has been since you paid for something. Ask the artist wtf is going on if you are getting within 2 months of the deadline. If you're down to 1 month and still don't have a finished product, it's possibly time to start the dispute process. For Paypal, you can do this up to 6 months after your purchase, last I checked. If the artist hasn't finished something by 6 months and I already paid for it, I'm beginning the chargeback process. No exceptions.
3. Once the chargeback process is started, do not stop it under any circumstance unless the product is delivered, and it is done to your expectations. Do not agree to anything unless you are either refunded, or the product is delivered. If the artist says they are only being delayed, and that they only need like another month or whatever, then the honest thing for the artist to do is for them to refund you and then have you immediately pay them again under a new transaction. This effectively re-sets the clock. Check the terms of service for your individual payment system, but this is what I do on Paypal. However, it's up to you at this point if you do this, because some artists are just straight up unreliable and never actually finish their work unless they are threatened to because you put their Paypal account into the negatives. Frankly, that's not your problem anymore, and you shouldn't feel bad no matter how much they try to guilt trip you for it.
3. Once the chargeback dispute is begun, do not talk to the artist in any medium except for through the chargeback system assuming there is a means of messaging them.
4. NEVER use the option of sending money to "friends and family" to avoid Paypal fees, as you will forfeit any right to dispute the payments!! If the artist is pissed about losing a few dollars to a fee just pay a little extra to cover the damn fee. It's like a couple dollars. Just suck it up if they won't. If the payment isn't what they were expecting, have them refund the original payment and pay a new payment. Don't just send another payment. That'll fuck things up later.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:02 pm

Aces wrote:This is something you're kind of screwed for I think. You can only learn for the future. I have a whole blog post about this from a while back but I'll summarize.

Disappointing, but thanks for the answer and advice. Guess I could always expose them anyway, and eat the ban. Not sure I'm that selfless, though.
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:47 am

sevensix wrote:
Aces wrote:This is something you're kind of screwed for I think. You can only learn for the future. I have a whole blog post about this from a while back but I'll summarize.

Disappointing, but thanks for the answer and advice. Guess I could always expose them anyway, and eat the ban. Not sure I'm that selfless, though.

I would sternly suggest against a public defamation, as I am not sure if Eka would consider that a form of rule breaking, but I would not stop you from venting privately among friends or in your own communities elsewhere. I feel that Aryion.com is not equipped for artist reviews, and would probably punish behavior it viewed as harassment. Such things can easily turn into harassment and witch hunting, y'know?

I see however no reason not to post a comment directly on their profile warning people, "This artist took payment from me for a commission over half a year ago and has not delivered, nor given a refund. Don't try commissioning them." Or, if people ask who it is, you can tell them privately what happened. However, once again, I am not a moderator.

I don't know honestly. I'd ask a moderator directly what the procedure is for this. Surely there is something they can do, and if you are getting a commission, you'll have proof in receipts.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:11 am

Aces wrote:I see however no reason not to post a comment directly on their profile warning people, "This artist took payment from me for a commission over half a year ago and has not delivered, nor given a refund. Don't try commissioning them."

Unclear on the distinction between that and a public defamation. It'd still be information from a private conversation. It'd be a pretty big loophole if we could get around the rule just by paraphrasing.

Aces wrote:I don't know honestly. I'd ask a moderator directly what the procedure is for this.

What's' the procedure for asking them?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:09 pm

sevensix wrote:
Aces wrote:I see however no reason not to post a comment directly on their profile warning people, "This artist took payment from me for a commission over half a year ago and has not delivered, nor given a refund. Don't try commissioning them."

Unclear on the distinction between that and a public defamation. It'd still be information from a private conversation. It'd be a pretty big loophole if we could get around the rule just by paraphrasing.

Allow me to clarify. Posting a blog about it and bringing attention to it through, say, a forum post, or drama in the chatroom, none of that actually involves the accused party, and is most definitely not okay.

Directly asking on their profile "Hey it's been 8 months where's my commission I paid for?" is localized entirely within a place where they are able to respond and give answers, or delete the comment, which in its own way is an answer. No answer at all tends to mean something may have happened to the artist.

Again, I am not a moderator, and this advice should not be taken as fact. The safest move is not to discuss it at all, but I understand the desire to whistleblow over a dishonest artist.

sevensix wrote:
Aces wrote:I don't know honestly. I'd ask a moderator directly what the procedure is for this.

What's' the procedure for asking them?

I would say just DM Eka, or perhaps open a new thread under the General Vore Discussion channel to ask if there's anything that can be done about the situation.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:24 pm

Firstly, claims made regarding other individua about commissions are not under the scope of etiquette.

Secondly, We don't handle commission here, we don't manage any payment system, we take no cut, and have no jurisdiction on any kind of enforcement, nor can we verify the truthfulness of your claim. Therefore, if you have an issue with your commission you should discuss this with your payment system. They are the only ones who can actually help. We already have a list of best practices for individuals to protect themselves listed in the "Hiring for commission" forum.

And if you have actual evidence of someone being an offender, you should report them directly to the administrators so we can actually do something about it. A reactive system like some kind of "Warning" place doesn't sound like it serves any purpose. If we know someone is a thief or intentionally defraud someone, we don't allow them here in the first place.
Eka
Administrator

Postby sevensix » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:25 am

Eka wrote:Firstly, claims made regarding other individua about commissions are not under the scope of etiquette.

The question is about site rule application. Where should it be asked?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 pm

sevensix wrote:
Eka wrote:Firstly, claims made regarding other individua about commissions are not under the scope of etiquette.

The question is about site rule application. Where should it be asked?

I just answered it. And if you have actual evidence of someone being an offender, you should report them directly to the administrators so we can actually do something about it.
Eka
Administrator

Re: Rule 8

Postby sevensix » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:37 pm

Eka wrote:I just answered it.

I appreciate your responses, but I'd still like to better understand the rule. Does it apply to postings on this site only, or any public place? Does it ban posting any information from a private conversation, including the information of a lack of response; or does it only ban verbatim posting of entire conversations, while summarizing or quoting is fine? What about posting only one's own side of a conversation, leaving the other side implied?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby sevensix » Thu May 12, 2022 12:44 pm

Forgetting the ambiguity of the rule, I may have just violated it in a comment.
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion