Were you troubled by 'vore' as a child?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Were you troubled by 'vore' as a child?

Postby SuperSecretAlias » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 pm

I had vore thrust upon me during puberty, and I don't recall any fascination/reaction with things swallowing other things beforehand.

But then again I'm that anomaly that wishes he never had this fetish in the first place, so eh.
SuperSecretAlias
New to the forum

Postby xdarkmarth » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:27 am

DMDracoMoondragon wrote:
xdarkmarth wrote:Ah yea when I was younger I admit, I was scared of vore. Though like all of us I didn't know what it was back then. I also had vorish dreams, back then I didn't know what it was and funny thing is once in a blue moon I'd have the exact same dream, heck a few months back I had it x3.

What a coincidence. Here lately, I've been having some dreams about being vored by my girlfriend. Of course, that's an experience we'd both enjoy, but I'll only tell y'all about it if you ask me to...

Yea the thing about my dreams is that it's always the same dream every time and it usually switches or I wake up at the same place in it.
xdarkmarth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Td1984 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 pm

SuperSecretAlias wrote:I had vore thrust upon me during puberty, and I don't recall any fascination/reaction with things swallowing other things beforehand.

But then again I'm that anomaly that wishes he never had this fetish in the first place, so eh.

Generally I wish I didn't have it either. It just kind of appeared out of the blue and I've never been able to get rid of it.
Td1984
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:12 pm

lol, I was never "disturbed" by vore, I did the whole "toys eating each other" thing... But I thought it was perfectly natural. :3 And whenever my mom read the Three Little Pigs, I'd try figure out how the Big Bad Wolf looked at things.

I still don't see vore as a sexual thing persay... But thanks to puberty I've gained the habit of "playing" with myself whenever I think to much about vore... :| I'm trying to stop.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Oujou » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:46 pm

wayc wrote:I was never troubled by vore as a child. I dunno... I was always happy and upbeat. I was reveling in my vore fantasies as early as 6 years old. XDDD I was lucky and never had a religious family that tried to instill certain values and scare me with sinful thinking and whatnot.

Lucky! My family's hella religious :? For the record, I'm an atheist now, but I bought into the whole religion thing since I was 5 until I was around 16 (11 years of my life wasted, at least the way I look at it). Certain events in my life caused me to stray from religion, one being my interest in vore which I know my family would never approve of and would think is a sin, so I thought "What kind of god would condemn me to hell because of something I can't help and wasn't my choice in the first place?" It wasn't until I was 18 that I discovered the official name for vore and the vore community here at Eka's, but I always knew I had some sort of fetish that my old religious beliefs wouldn't be compatible with. There are some other personal reasons I left my religion, but I'd rather not go into them. Well, seems like I've gone on a bit of a rant, so I'll end with this last little tidbit: I always found the biblical story of Noah being eaten by the fish enjoyable XD Talk about irony. THERE'S VORE IN THE BIBLE! LOL
Judge me not by my size for I am tasty and best served in ketchup XD
Oujou
Somewhat familiar

Location: A place where I don't have to deal with anyone's bitching but my own XD

Postby Oujou » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Td1984 wrote:
SuperSecretAlias wrote:I had vore thrust upon me during puberty, and I don't recall any fascination/reaction with things swallowing other things beforehand.

Generally I wish I didn't have it either. It just kind of appeared out of the blue and I've never been able to get rid of it.

I'm sorry you guys feel that way :( Personally, I've never felt that way. I can understand why you would, but I look at it as a part of myself and in a weird way I'm proud of it. I like being different. Being normal is so boring :P And hey, another thing to turn me on? I ain't complaining XD All joking aside, I feel you. I can understand the pain of having something you don't want. I'm sure there are plenty of people here (including myself) you could talk to if you feel like sharing anything. Of course, that's entirely up to you.
Judge me not by my size for I am tasty and best served in ketchup XD
Oujou
Somewhat familiar

Location: A place where I don't have to deal with anyone's bitching but my own XD

Postby C-B-A » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 am

You know reading this thread is very insightful, I remember as a kid the idea of being eaten and other people being eaten scared me, but not really. I can remember watching a movie with my family (I cant remember which one) but I can remember someone was swallowed whole by a giant woman and It kind of scared me, but after words I would watch it over and over again, and every time I knew a voreish scene was coming I would get kind of existed. As I got older I would do things to make me feel the same feelings to see what they are, I would pretend waterslides where a girls intestines or throat, or pretend my bed was eating me just to get that feeling of not really fear and intrigue. now that I look back I think that I have always been into vore but as a child I didn’t know it gave me sexual pleaser so my mined just expressed it as fear. It makes sense now that most people into vore portrayed vore like scenarios as fear because their brains couldn’t comprehend it at a young age. This is a good thread. :)
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby deletedaccount505 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 am

Nope. I was never troubled by vore as a child, in fact, only infatuated with it.
"It doesn't matter who you are on the outside, but it does matter who you have digesting inside."

deletedaccount505
???

Postby MidnightRose » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:43 am

YES. It scared the hell out of me and made me feel sick.

chaso07 wrote:some still scare me like the blob absorbing people.

This too. The Blob still terrifies me.
Last edited by MidnightRose on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby Justin Bailey » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:51 am

It didn't scare me or anything, but vore scenes in things made me feel uncomfortable in that I felt a strange sense of enjoyment for no apparent reason and I felt guilty about it and was afraid someone would notice. I also did the same thing with pretending slides were a throat or rolling up in my blankets to pretend I was being eaten. In fact, I was rolling up in sheets pretending it was a venus flytrap eating me as early as probably age 4. Vore was always a pleasant feeling and later a very stimulating feeling, but for some reason I felt guilty about it. Probably because my mom freaked out on me when she caught me humping the couch as a kid and I didn't understand why.
Justin Bailey
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nephilim » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:27 am

To this day I will avert my eyes if I'm in the room with other people and a vore scene is playing out on the television or movie screen. I feel 'dirty.' When I'm alone, however, it's different.

I was 'disgusted' and 'sickened' by vore, almost nauseated in fact. And now looking back in retrospect, I must have been mis-interpreting the feelings invoked by those scenarios as fear; it became a fixation and then a few years ago I realized...
'hey this is kind of hot.'

My first brush with vore was the utter enjoyment I'd get watching Tom eat Jerry, or some generic cartoon mouse carousing around inside a generic cartoon cat's mouth. Fievel Goes West was the clincher for me. That was the turning point when the discomfiture turned into belated pleasure... and then acceptance.

But as a young child, yes, I was SICKENED by vore. hm!
600k views - Click the banner for the content mecca
Webcomic Coming Winter '24
Read The Story Behind the Comic
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby Tessu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:39 pm

<Null>
Last edited by Tessu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tessu
Somewhat familiar

Postby jasamprn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Nope. No relation to my childhood at all here.
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nack » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 pm

When I was really young I had problems with it, but when i started to hit puberty I was kind of into it. I even remember the story that 'turned' me, although it's been a while...

Bruce Coville's book of monsters (either one of two, I think...there was 12 books with only slightly different titles...) was a collection of short stories, and several of them had vorish ends, including a camp full of schoolboys who were eaten by a T-rex that the camp owners released(The camp was a secret execution ground for delinquent teens that parents would send the to.) and even most of them scared me until this one as the last chapter.

I don't remember much, but as far as I can remember it was a bunch of elves in a school that were studying monsters, and one got assigned to interview a troll. The Troll started to explain why he spent his time eating elves, explaining how he thought all elves looked tasty, including him. Long story short, the troll used to be an elf too, but he ate a girlfriend and turned into his current from, prompting the boy to free the troll and eat his 'crush', turning into a troll himself. The actual eating scenes didn't have much of a description, but the way the troll described eating people changed how I look at vore...

...and now I gotta find that book again...
Goodbye
Nack
Somewhat familiar

Postby UltimateBananaDX » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Strangely enough, vore only bothered me from, I would say, ages 5 to 10. Before then, I actually enjoyed it but didn't know why, and (luckily for me) I never wanted to tell anyone about how much I enjoyed it.
UltimateBananaDX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Disable » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 pm

The only way vore made me uncomfortable when I was young was in my pants.

It's interesting to me that so many people were troubled by vore when they were young, though. I kind of wish this had been a poll, so I could see look at the percentages.
Disable
Participator

Postby Nameless_Bard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 pm

I can't believe something like this is so common. As a child, nothing scared me more than vore in films or cartoons or where ever I saw it. I mean it really terrified me. The idea of an adult, who should be in control of the world around them, being filled with fear, despair, helplessness, and panic, while they slowly were burned to death by acid, this just gave me nightmares, and eventually night terrors. It was a traumatizing experience every time I was exposed to it. As I grew up, reaching puberty, my sexual fetishes started moving towards vore, more specifically, snake vore.

I had to fight a battle within myself to overcome my own terror in order to enjoy anything sexually. I view this as a self defense mechanism in my own mind, basically taking action to help me overcome my fear. In this respect, I can't help but respect all those who openly enjoy vore, or any form of a forbidden fetish, these are the more sane of the current population, in my opinion, for having come to terms with what was necessary to help them be healthy
Nameless_Bard
New to the forum

Postby Sehnsucht » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:42 am

Hah, I'm in a similar boat as many, with a more recent twist. My first memory of reacting to vore was seeing Tails being eaten by a robotic shark in a Choose Your Own Adventure book. I read that scene over and over again. It filled me with an incredible sadness, and also an itchy feeling. That blossomed over puberty, etc., and my relationship with normal vore has always been very healthy.

As a teenager, soul vore used to wind me right up. I used to have nightmares. I once left the house in the middle of the night, with a vague idea to fight one of these soul-stealing vampires I was fixated upon. This revulsion continued until, say, a year ago, when a discussion with a friend on this site made me re-evaluate the whole thing. I realised that I found it fascinating and, done right, incredibly hot. (Funny thing is, in the middle of one of my bad episodes as a teenager, I sardonically noted to myself that I would one day probably come to love soul vore.)

Terastas wrote:The theory (or my theory at least) is that a lot of vores are also furries because it's safe.

1) Since furries are half-animal, it makes more sense for them to eat other living things from time to time. ...

2) Since vore usually implies fatalism, it's a fetish where even the mere thought of trying to bridge the gap between fantasy and reality is really discomforting for even the majority of those within the vore community. ...

I like this argument, especially point 1. My furry stories try to be realistic once you suspend disbelief of taking animals. Point 2 applies to the soul vore thing. While never religious, a few years ago I started self-identifying as an atheist, and cleaned up a lot of my thinking. This must have placed soul vore clearly in the fantasy column in my head, making it "safe".
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby girl2change » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Oh my God. How have I not replied to this yet?

God, yes, I was totally troubled by vore. I understood early on that eating = death and that that was not something I wanted happening to me. So I definitely had weird feelings whenever certain fairy tales were read to me—Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, etc. The Gingerbread Man and Chicken Little were especially disturbing to me, given the deliberate cunning of the respective foxes, who went out of their way to befriend and then devour their prey (and gosh, guess what's a fetish of mine now?).

The Muppets also messed with me. They were constantly devouring each other, and I was too young to get that it was all humor. So I couldn't understand why my parents were laughing when the furniture came alive and ate the newsman

I even got queasy during Duck Duck Goose—I didn't want to be in the stew pot, because that meant I got EATEN!

And then, in 8th grade, all those feelings just...flipped. Well, not flipped exactly...vore still disturbed me...but it suddenly fascinated me, too. I even got children's books out of the library, pretending it was a school report, just to see Little Red devoured over and over.

And then the Internet came, and I found Big-Gulp and vore.

Lust, fear, hunger, and desire are intense, animal emotions, and they lurk in similar parts of the brain. So I don't think it's an accident that sometimes the things we fear become eroticized. Talk to folks into various kinks, especially the darker kind, and many will tell you the things they feared as children suddenly become charged in quite different way—and so you get good girls with rape fantasies, Jews into Nazi interrogations, former fat kids teased at school now into feeding and humiliation, etc. The line between fear and desire is a thin one, and for many of us, one becomes the other.

(The reverse is also true—desire could become fear. I desired girls, especially the really tough or bitchy ones, but didn't know why ("Girls can't like girls!")...and so I became afraid of them. That took a while to get over. But obviously, I'm a lot less afraid now. :wink: )
girl2change
Been posting for a bit

Postby girl2change » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Zoekin wrote:For me it was The Muppet Show. I always got a really funny sensation in the pit of my stomach everytime I saw a big hairy monster grab and "NOM NOM NOM" a smaller character.

Yes! That's exactly what would happen to me!
girl2change
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion