ITT: Do concepts of sacred space interest asexual vore fans?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

ITT: Do concepts of sacred space interest asexual vore fans?

Postby eight » Wed May 24, 2023 5:42 pm

I've been researching for a paper on vore fandom, studying tragic and utopian literature. I argue that studying both in contrast is like vore, that it gradually replaces your will by diminishing weak interests and increasing universal interests. Its a personal transformation prosses through the cultural metabolism.
eight
New to the forum

Re: ITT: Do concepts of sacred space interest asexual vore f

Postby Achenar » Wed May 24, 2023 6:19 pm

Unsure what the question you're actually posing here is. The thread title and your actual post don't seem to connect properly. Nor is it really clear what you mean by saying that vore "replaces your will", or how you can really have "cultural metabolism" by engaging with an extremely niche and ostracized paraphilia.
Achenar
Participator

Postby eight » Wed May 24, 2023 7:28 pm

It represents a transformation from one end to the other, or if nothing else a transformative experience for the undigested. Vore doesn't gradually replace the will, yet if we imagine the process does replace something by getting sort of processed. The way a tragedy removes and a utopian world adds, it probably feels like getting vored in a sense. The stories process your feelings just as a stomach would process your body !
eight
New to the forum

Postby HiddingInYourTummy » Thu May 25, 2023 9:10 pm

>I've been researching for a paper on vore fandom
could you maybe shed some light on the specifics of it
HiddingInYourTummy
New to the forum

Postby Matteo42 » Fri May 26, 2023 5:25 am

You sure you haven't seen Arrival one too many times and have gone all crazy-scientist mode? xD
I don't mean to be rude, but I genuinely don't understand what you're trying to say. Some more details about what you're trying to know, what the paper is about and an explanation of what you're trying to so nicely describe to us using not fitting vocabulary. All of these would be of great help if we're to make this a proper conversation thread.
Matteo42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Sat May 27, 2023 12:59 pm

What is a sacred space
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Sun May 28, 2023 7:36 am

I'm interested in what you're getting at, though it seems like there are two different questions.

Yes, using narratives as enzymes to digest the will of the individual is very fun and satisfying, especially when it takes place over years. Your comparison of tragic literature diminishing the individual with utopian literature magnifying the collective is an interesting one; I'm not sure it's quite true though. I would say that tragic literature tends to actually strengthen the individual by depicting them on the largest possible resolution, which even when the point of the story is "humans are fundamentally flawed," still inherently romanticises those flaws.

If you want to break someone down, you need stories where the surrender of human will is treated as inevitable not in a grave, momentous way, but in a cute, snappy way, as the resolution of tension, or the punchline to a joke. A good digestive narrative feels smooth and easy to consume; maybe it leaves the viewer feeling a little bit sick or numb, but you convince yourself that it's funny or gripping because it follows gentle rhythms of tension and release, so you want more. Maybe it shows you pleasant colours and charming faces and body language to mask the sickness at first, until you're so far gone that you associate the sickness itself with feeling entertained.

I think both tragedy and utopia are meaningless terms at that point. There's no ideal society, because society is a laugh track, and there's no tragic downfall of the individual, because there's no elevated individual to fall; nothing exists but the rhythm of narrative beats, like the sound of rain.

In answer to your topic question yes, I am an asexual vore practitioner, and I do believe an awareness of sacred spaces is important. Not much else to bounce off there, I'd need a bit more to see how it relates to your post.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby eight » Sun May 28, 2023 8:33 pm

Utopia fiction is any story that is regenerative, libidinal, or healing focusing on politics and lifestyle with hopeful and unique perspectives. I use Chobits, for example.

I argue how localizing a story or game to different cultures with their own languages disintegrates the story into its bare essences and rebuilds it anew in a new body of potentially sacred connections. For example shared senses of a word or term, and analogies baked into the language like how in Italian the word for melt "sciògliere" is used in a separate shared sense to mean "set sail".
eight
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion