Blender Vore Thread: Resources, Assets, and Techniques

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Blender Vore Thread: Resources, Assets, and Techniques

Postby fieldmousse » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:18 pm

Sweet :) I've been trying soft-body physics + lattice in blender for a while, but it took me a while to figure out that that's what lattices were made for.
Would have definitely benefited a little from a quick "consulting session with an AI"
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby BadDragon666 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:48 pm

If anyone can tell me. i wish to know how to simply make a pred swallow a prey. I plan to do same size animations in blender and even though there will be some weirdness I'd be happy to work those out later. but a simple understanding of where to start would be nice.
BadDragon666
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:46 am

BadDragon666 wrote:If anyone can tell me. i wish to know how to simply make a pred swallow a prey. I plan to do same size animations in blender and even though there will be some weirdness I'd be happy to work those out later. but a simple understanding of where to start would be nice.

I'd start with the dynamic weight painting and displace modifier, that seems to be the easiest automatic method. I think somebody posted a vid here earlier
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby BadDragon666 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 pm

fieldmousse wrote:
BadDragon666 wrote:If anyone can tell me. i wish to know how to simply make a pred swallow a prey. I plan to do same size animations in blender and even though there will be some weirdness I'd be happy to work those out later. but a simple understanding of where to start would be nice.

I'd start with the dynamic weight painting and displace modifier, that seems to be the easiest automatic method. I think somebody posted a vid here earlier

I didn't see a vid like that. Maybe i'll have to check again, but are ou aware of how it's done because I went and the displacement modifier and still not sure how it works for vore.
BadDragon666
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:47 pm

BadDragon666 wrote:
fieldmousse wrote:

I didn't see a vid like that. Maybe i'll have to check again, but are ou aware of how it's done because I went and the displacement modifier and still not sure how it works for vore.

User "yes" posted this tutorial on the first page of this thread,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkI9JIzGtoE
There are a couple other good links in this thread also :)
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby TheZDude » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:10 am

I'm trying to model a stomach with some rugae inside. It's proving to be a pretty substantial roadblock. Does anyone have some advice?

I'm after some rugae similar in texture to this: https://aryion.com/g4/view/809874
Attachments
cynthia mode.PNG
This is the stomach I'm working with
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby SpungyJacket » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:35 pm

SpungyJacket
New to the forum

Postby TheZDude » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:43 pm

SpungyJacket wrote:https://smutba.se/project/36118/

Something like that?

Yeah, but it's way too high-poly for my needs. I'm considering doing stuff with textures/shaders to get the effect, if this many polygons are necessary to get those folds.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby yes » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:43 pm

TheZDude wrote:I'm trying to model a stomach with some rugae inside. It's proving to be a pretty substantial roadblock. Does anyone have some advice?

I'm after some rugae similar in texture to this: https://aryion.com/g4/view/809874

If you're not going to add more topology, it might be good to look into making a custom texture, or using a procedural material. I'm barely learning modeling and have no frame of reference for shading. But that would be a good next step for learning to model. Great work BTW! Solid topology by the looks of it.
yes
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheZDude » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:57 pm

yes wrote:
TheZDude wrote:I'm trying to model a stomach with some rugae inside. It's proving to be a pretty substantial roadblock. Does anyone have some advice?

If you're not going to add more topology, it might be good to look into making a custom texture, or using a procedural material. I'm barely learning modeling and have no frame of reference for shading. But that would be a good next step for learning to model. Great work BTW! Solid topology by the looks of it.

I'm actually putting together a heightmap texture as we speak. I'll definitely keep you lot posted!
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheZDude » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:46 pm

TheZDude wrote:
I'm actually putting together a heightmap texture as we speak. I'll definitely keep you lot posted!

With this shader...
and these textures...
I was able to get this:

I like the overall texture, but the little topographical island looking things are bugging me. Boosting the height map's resolution further doesn't fix it. Does anyone know how to smooth those out?

EDIT: The full model with baked internals is publicly available: https://aryion.com/g4/view/906221
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Ooo! Looks good
How'd it go?
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby TheZDude » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:16 pm

fieldmousse wrote:Ooo! Looks good
How'd it go?

Well, I'm not too experienced with modeling in general. I think the internals came out good but not the best. Couldn't get the folds to be a smooth transition from low to high. I want to try mixing a wave modifier into the shader as well, when I get around to remaking the model. It's got too many issues to be worth adjusting. Mostly the joints on the outside, and the acid being a disaster of topology.
Here's an animation I did with it if you want to see the model in action.

https://aryion.com/g4/view/908405
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby JadeTheDeer » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:18 pm

TheZDude wrote:
TheZDude wrote:

With this shader...
and these textures...
I was able to get this:

I like the overall texture, but the little topographical island looking things are bugging me. Boosting the height map's resolution further doesn't fix it. Does anyone know how to smooth those out?

EDIT: The full model with baked internals is publicly available: https://aryion.com/g4/view/906221

convert your height map into a normal map before hand, then plug it into the normal map input instead of the height map input.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheZDude » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:39 pm

foxygrandpa wrote:

convert your height map into a normal map before hand, then plug it into the normal map input instead of the height map input.

Do you mean this? All that does is make the stomach wall totally flat-ly smooth.
If you meant something different, then I don't understand without more detailed instructions.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheZDude » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:35 pm

For everyone keeping up with my stomach shader experimentation, I've got a new one that I like quite a bit.

Spoiler: show

This shader calculates the color from the height map so you don't need to have a second texture, then applies a fleshy pattern over it. I think the fleshy texture is a bit intense, but I didn't find a way to tone it down adequately.

To prevent a pixelated look, your height map needs to be in a 16 bit channel PNG format. Not all image editing programs support this. Krita is one that does.
I recommend painting it on white with a hard brush, adding some extra folds outside of the UV unwrap, loading it into Krita, and then applying a gaussian blur. You can see some imperfections in my height map, which were caused by blurring it over and over again trying to get it to work for me. The fewer times you blur it, the better.

Hope that's helpful for you lot!
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:23 pm

Ah, neat! looks good! I'll definitely give musgrave a try- that seems perfect. I kinda think the waves could be much bigger / deeper.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby fieldmousse » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:35 pm

Also, It looks like you've got it working now. But in case you did something different - your previous screenshot, the color space for the image should be set to "non colour" and you should use only one of either bump map or normal map (bump map if it's greyscale, normal map if it's coloury)
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby TheZDude » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:05 pm

fieldmousse wrote:Ah, neat! looks good! I'll definitely give musgrave a try- that seems perfect. I kinda think the waves could be much bigger / deeper.

Let me know how it goes. I think I prefer a noise texture to Musgrave for flesh. Musgrave gives pretty good fleshy bulbs and ridges, but noise makes the surface look smooth and slimy without being too plastic.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheZDude » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:28 am

fieldmousse wrote:Also, It looks like you've got it working now. But in case you did something different - your previous screenshot, the color space for the image should be set to "non colour" and you should use only one of either bump map or normal map (bump map if it's greyscale, normal map if it's coloury)

Oh wow, setting the color space to non color makes quite the difference. Thanks!
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion