Anyone else feel like there’s less and less content here?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Anyone else feel like there’s less and less content here

Postby pudgepire » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:10 pm

lXlNeMiSiSlXl wrote:There were also far less paywalls a few years ago, you could view bellies without being charged your left kidney for the privilege, but that's the broader topic of Money systematically ruining everything it's ever been involved in.

I hardly think the way a majority of artists do "paywall" (if you can even call it that, they upload publicly on a delayed schedule by 1-3 months usually and charge people $1-5 to see things early) is anywhere near charging "your left kidney" levels of money lol.

Natolin wrote:I’ve been told artists are moving to twitter, but I can’t for the life of me understand why people want to move to that hellhole of a website that’s so hard to find new artists on.

For me and other artists I've talked to about "why twitter" even if we don't prefer the platform at large, there is an ease of posting that websites like Deviantart/Furaffinity/here lack. There's no need to think of a title or tags, you can post multiple shots at once and keep all of your alts in a neat little thread. That's a lot more convenient than, say, here. You can reach a broader audience there than you probably could here. Posting to eka's feels like such a chore to me. Additionally, it just feels better when you want to create a wider variety of content to post there than it does here. Also twitter has a functional blocking feature unlike this website. And a better blacklisting feature for blocking key-words (like tag blacklisting here).
pudgepire
Somewhat familiar

Postby ReptileKing23 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:04 pm

Yes
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Daichi777 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:23 pm

lXlNeMiSiSlXl wrote:There were also far less paywalls a few years ago, you could view bellies without being charged your left kidney for the privilege, but that's the broader topic of Money systematically ruining everything it's ever been involved in.

If you do this stuff full time, I'm still trying to figure out how to survive and how to eat thoughts and prayers :lol:

Seriously note though, who charges a lot for what anyway. Are you talking about $20 a comic or so?
DISCLAIMER: Due to impersonation & defamation. My official accounts are only on: Patreon, GiantessCity, Aryion, DeviantArt, & Twitter.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:14 am

For me, at least, it's been Vtubing that largely changed things. I have a lot less free time now and not as high drive to make vore content. I lack groups to enthuse about it with and inspiration has been low, too. It's a lot harder to stay adamant and focused when your niche in vore isn't very popular, as well. All of these things are factors. And as much as I love to do art streams, I can't just start drawing that kind of thing on my Twitch streams. So as a result of it all, less content.

I do want to get back into making more vore content again. Hopefully I'll get inspired and motivated before long.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby OxnardMontalvo » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:00 am

Natolin wrote:Idk if this is really happening or just me being weird, but is there just… less good vore content being made lately?...

Urgh... Guess I need to throw in my own opinion after all:
No, it's not just you! As someone who's been sometimes lurking and sometimes participating, albeit observing the site quite attentively for at least 13 years now, I can verify that there's less and less good content now. And that's the point dear ladies and gents: The OP never said their tastes or cried about less content that's to their liking so I think you should stop putting words they haven't said into their mouth just because you feel offended by their impressions/opinion or think it carries your point across better! They were just mentioning good content in general. Whatevs, of course the matter is complex and has many things involved, but notwithstanding that, the why it happened should be most obvious to anyone who witnessed the rise of paywalls and was summed up quite accurately already:

Spoiler: show
lXlNeMiSiSlXl wrote:...but that's the broader topic of Money systematically ruining everything it's ever been involved in.

Thank you, dear brain user! From the bottom of my heart, thank you! I can't tell you how much comfort I find to know that I'm not the only one who isn't blinded by greed and thus ignorant to the obvious. That's right the good content is mostly gone because of exactly that: Capitalism having gained a foothold in the niche stuff, thanks to portals like patreon. I mean, I don't think it's a coincidence that the quality of work has begun to decline at the same time as paywall platforms became popular! It's actually pretty easy to tell that connection since it's an unavoidable law of human nature that stuff one does solely for money or "fame" can never achieve the same grandness as stuff that received lotsa love and was created merely for fun and out of pure passion... which is oh-so well and painfully sensible in works nowadays! I mean, the history of patreon galleries usually show that, no matter how skilled a creator may be, it's all wasted if the creator would clearly prefer to do something else, yet needs to do something - anything! - to keep the cash flowing. The short-lived attention span of newer gens has already been mentioned but another problem is that they have no demands at all and view having those as "being an elitist", writing it off as a bad thing by default. But without any demands... being so frail that each constructive criticism is received as an infernal heresy against everything they stand for... without people that are courageous enough to speak their mind, saying something like a simple, "I think you can do this and that better", nothing will ever improve since everything that is created is the "best stuff eva!", however that's possible... >.> Without improvement, stagnation is all that's left and that eventually leads to decay, as could be observed over the past years. Oh, and, guys'n'girls, don't let others bait you: The stuff that's paywalled has usually less quality than a respective creator's example works, because they put some effort into those in order to advertise themselves and lure in payers - been there seen enough of it! After getting a few customers, the very most creators swiftly go over to do the same and same pictures that are sure to be popular. At times the same picture can look different, but I can always feel how much love it received... And that usually makes me sad... I mean, it's natural since they just want money and their deeds prove that the vast majority of them DON'T have any intention of wasting more time than necessary on a pic that'll be well-received either way. That brings me to the other side of the medal, it's not just that artists are leaving and the creators that succeed them barely have any passion about the content but mostly the result they wanna achieve with it, but the consumers are just as much to be blamed, since they'll just swallow anything they are served and still tell it was the best thing they've ever had, IF they bother at all to be willing to spend a few mins to give any feedback to an artist/creator! The problem is furthered by the fact that they'll think more highly of stuff they have paid because they don't wanna admit that they've wasted money... If peeps wouldn't be so desperate to pay a small fortune to see mediocre stuff, that whole downwards spiral wouldn't work in the first place! Of course there's so much more to add and say, but I've been "ranting" more than enough already... Oh, apropo ranting: Aaaaaalso I'm tired of all those stupid excuses that are merely meant to cover the laziness of peeps and they actually tell more to themselves than to others...

Someone wrote:...people just don't have the free time to create things for fun.

That's a load of bull and you know it! My most productive years as a writer under name I'd rather not mention because the game is over, I've been working 5-7 days a week in a 3-shift-system! If one truly has fun and enjoys doing stuff, a.k.a. is passionate about creating content, if they truly want to they WILL find the time to work on their hobby projects, they will MAKE the time for that! So please, peeps, stop searching excuses and just be honest with yourself. It's okay if one doesn't want to spend time on something that's not important to them and merely was a pastime to shoo away the boredom in the past, but it's not okay to think up the silliest excuses just because one can't bear the "harsh" reality! Additionally, are you kidding me?!? Studying is THE hobby trending among younger gens; A LOTTA peeps in their prime are students today and students have TONS OVER TONS of free time to spare, unlike someone who goes to work each day and has lotsa responsibilities to tend to in their free time...

Natolin wrote:...how can we fix it? :(

It could be fixed, but that would require "artists" to get away from "deserving" to be paid for their works... ^^' Jokes aside, if you truly mean it: Found a group dedicated to bring back passion and love into the equation and throw out greed and ignorance! Gather others who are willing to spend time and "effort" to create something they genuinely enjoy and do it without expecting anything in return, or at least no monetary/materialistic reward; peeps that just do something because they like and enjoy doing what they do! If there were more creators like this there'd be more "high quality" content and the more content available to others for free, the more peeps will see it and this in turn might inspire more consumers to take up the pen themselves and gain the confidence to contribute something themselves; something that, albeit maybe lacking in skill or experience, will undoubtedly much more worthwhile than anything the most skilled patreon can "contribute" to the community! I wish the best of luck if you wanna do that, or at least more luck than I had. x3
Last edited by OxnardMontalvo on Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
OxnardMontalvo
New to the forum

Postby Daichi777 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:07 am

OxnardMontalvo wrote:
Natolin wrote:Idk if this is really happening or just me being weird, but is there just… less good vore content being made lately?...

Urgh... Guess I need to throw in my own opinion after all:
No, it's not just you! As someone who's been sometimes lurking and sometimes participating, albeit observing the site quite attentively for at least 13 years now, I can verify that there's less and less good content now. And that's the point dear ladies and gents: The OP never said their tastes or cried about less content that's to their liking so I think you should stop putting words they haven't said into their mouth just because you feel offended by their impressions/opinion or think it carries your point across better! They were just mentioning good content in general. Whatevs, of course the matter is complex and has many things involved, but notwithstanding that, the why it happened should be most obvious to anyone who witnessed the rise of paywalls and was summed up quite accurately already:

lXlNeMiSiSlXl wrote:...but that's the broader topic of Money systematically ruining everything it's ever been involved in.

Thank you, dear brain user! From the bottom of my heart, thank you! I can't tell you how much comfort I find to know that I'm not the only one who isn't blinded by greed and thus ignorant to the obvious. That's right the good content is mostly gone because of exactly that: Capitalism having gained a foothold in the niche stuff, thanks to portals like patreon. I mean, I don't think it's a coincidence that the quality of work has begun to decline at the same time as paywall platforms became popular! It's actually pretty easy to tell that connection since it's an unavoidable law of human nature that stuff one does solely for money or "fame" can never achieve the same grandness as stuff that received lotsa love and was created merely for fun and out of pure passion... which is oh-so well and painfully sensible in works nowadays! I mean, the history of patreon galleries usually show that, no matter how skilled a creator may be, it's all wasted if the creator would clearly prefer to do something else, yet needs to do something - anything! - to keep the cash flowing. The short-lived attention span of newer gens has already been mentioned but another problem is that they have no demands at all and view having those as "being an elitist", writing it off as a bad thing by default. But without any demands... being so frail that each constructive criticism is received as an infernal heresy against everything they stand for... without people that are courageous enough to speak their mind, saying something like a simple, "I think you can do this and that better", nothing will ever improve since everything that is created is the "best stuff eva!", however that's possible... >.> Without improvement, stagnation is all that's left and that eventually leads to decay, as could be observed over the past years. Oh, and, guys'n'girls, don't let others bait you: The stuff that's paywalled has usually less quality than a respective creator's example works, because they put some effort into those in order to advertise themselves and lure in payers - been there seen enough of it! After getting a few customers, the very most creators swiftly go over to do the same and same pictures that are sure to be popular. At times the same picture can look different, but I can always feel how much love it received... And that usually makes me sad... I mean, it's natural since they just want money and their deeds prove that the vast majority of them DON'T have any intention of wasting more time than necessary on a pic that'll be well-received either way. That brings me to the other side of the medal, it's not just that artists are leaving and the creators that succeed them barely have any passion about the content but mostly the result they wanna achieve with it, but the consumers are just as much to be blamed, since they'll just swallow anything they are served and still tell it was the best thing they've ever had, IF they bother at all to be willing to spend a few mins to give any feedback to an artist/creator! The problem is furthered by the fact that they'll think more highly of stuff they have paid because they don't wanna admit that they've wasted money... If peeps wouldn't be so desperate to pay a small fortune to see mediocre stuff, that whole downwards spiral wouldn't work in the first place! Of course there's so much more to add and say, but I've been "ranting" more than enough already... Oh, apropo ranting: Aaaaaalso I'm tired of all those stupid excuses that are merely meant to cover the laziness of peeps and they actually tell more to themselves than to others...

That's a load of bull and you know it! My most productive years as a writer under name I'd rather not mention because the game is over, I've been working 5-7 days a week in a 3-shift-system! If one truly has fun and enjoys doing stuff, a.k.a. is passionate about creating content, if they truly want to they WILL find the time to work on their hobby projects, they will MAKE the time for that! So please, peeps, stop searching excuses and just be honest with yourself. It's okay if one doesn't want to spend time on something that's not important to them and merely was a pastime to shoo away the boredom in the past, but it's not okay to think up the silliest excuses just because one can't bear the "harsh" reality! Additionally, are you kidding me?!? Studying is THE hobby trending among younger gens; A LOTTA peeps in their prime are students today and students have TONS OVER TONS of free time to spare, unlike someone who goes to work each day and has lotsa responsibilities to tend to in their free time...

Part of the stuff you've ranted about here is true, such as creators getting actual feedback for their works that aren't just "This makes me horny do it". But a lot of it especially towards paywalls and quality isn't or you're misinformed because you've never experienced being on the other side of it. A lot of what you've just said is actually already answered for as to why here.

But the reality is people started going towards charging per content is because when we release it freely or all at once. We have to deal with shit that you never thought you would interfere with your creative process.
For instance, nearly every digital art image I got made here cost me $400+ each on average. But what followed are things I never should've had to put up with next.
- Resellers: So many just take our work, especially those like me who give so much for $5. And now they're making more off it because someone uploaded it freely.
- NFT Bots: Depending on the work usually but now seems to be many random images are being taken and sold on NFT sites.
- Public uploaders: How are you expected to continue or be motivated to make anything good and keep it up if all you get is uploaded within 24 hours and can't even make enough to live off it. Why bother?

You're complaining that people are charging extra for making cheap shite that isn't worth it. That's true, we're not getting better artists and a lot now are dragging the feet. BUT if you're not even going to be treated like you're human, and subjected to having to comb the internet for your own work, DMCA it, and get a lot of abuse back for doing so. That is no fault of a creator, and that is driven by freeloaders/dipshits who think they're a 'hero' for sharing. Capitalism isn't something in our community because working and doing what you love becomes pretty untenable in the first place UNLESS you churn out the cheap shite that sells. You'd lose motivation to bother too. I can create and get stuff made 10x better than it should've been. In the end I get dragged down by stuff I never thought I'd have to put up with or do to simply be a creator lol. So you're right about people paying for it, but it's not like everyone suddenly makes cheap shite they don't like by choice. It doesn't matter how cheap, or if it's free when we make something from the heart. It's the people that bitch about paywalls and use it as an excuse to share are the biggest single reason why our community has become that way. Community sites like Eka's are no longer the first point of contact, especially in Google searches. It's pirate sites now. If your works being stolen and listed publicly freely, and others are selling it making more money than you for creating it. You are not going to have motivation to make the next big thing as easily.

All in all, we get less new creators because anyone who wants to start trying sees what happens to the rest of us and are afraid of it, or don't want to bother with what it comes with that they notice too. You want to do this full time, make stuff from your heart, and earn enough to live off it and continue. Sad reality is, you're not allowed to.
DISCLAIMER: Due to impersonation & defamation. My official accounts are only on: Patreon, GiantessCity, Aryion, DeviantArt, & Twitter.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby OxnardMontalvo » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:15 am

Hey girl, I get that you want to keep your income on patreon and want to make a living based on that because you envy fallen artists that have succeeded, but don't try to tell me some random sheet only you and peeps who think alike believe in! You're just crying about your greed not getting satisfied thanks to piracy. Please, I beg of you, go sell your wares somewhere else because I want to see ART on this site again not more goods!
Last edited by OxnardMontalvo on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OxnardMontalvo
New to the forum

Postby Daichi777 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:39 am

OxnardMontalvo wrote:Hey girl, I get that you want to keep your income on patreon and want to make a living based on that because you envy fallen artists that have succeeded, but don't try to tell me some random sheet only you and peeps who think alike believe in! You're just crying about your greed not getting satisfied thanks to piracy. Please, I beg of you, go sell your wares somewhere else because I want to see ART on this site again not more goods!

So if a McDonalds worker gets paid more than me, gets less abuse (which is saying something), and you've just spectacularly proven my points especially in regards to being considered a human being and piracy.

I have but two questions: Please, do tell me o'great one how I can eat thoughts and prayers without becoming a demonic pred :roll: And also how do you pay rent if mommy and daddy aren't doing it for you? I NEED YOUR SECRET LECLERC!!!
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:34 am

Pfffff oh yeah, just give me more free stuff you dumb artists. How dare you have a life. You should be slaving away for my amusement.

/sarcasm

Do you want quality or quantity? Cause you can't have both. You can't have free stuff that is on a professional level. Artists aren't machines, it takes decades to perfect a craft like that and most of us have only limited talent to begin with, and never make it to the high ranks of artistry.

If you want artists to do it for the passion instead of the money, awesome, i'm totally on board with that. Fuck capitalism and all that. But people who do art for passion tend to be amateurs who sacrififce their already scarce spare time to pursue a hobby. Ergo, not all that good at it.

But honestly? Maybe 10 years from now, maybe even sooner, we can save ourselves this entire discussion cause the AI bots are coming for our jerbs on fast feets. Just ask Mommy Midjourney to spit out all the vore porn you could ever want, more than you could ever fap to. Commercialism will remove itself from man-made art all on its own at this rate, ain't nobody will be willing to pay for something you can get with a free button press.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:40 am

jaggedjagd wrote:Pfffff oh yeah, just give me more free stuff you dumb artists. How dare you have a life. You should be slaving away for my amusement.

/sarcasm

Do you want quality or quantity? Cause you can't have both. You can't have free stuff that is on a professional level. Artists aren't machines, it takes decades to perfect a craft like that and most of us have only limited talent to begin with, and never make it to the high ranks of artistry.

If you want artists to do it for the passion instead of the money, awesome, i'm totally on board with that. Fuck capitalism and all that. But people who do art for passion tend to be amateurs who sacrififce their already scarce spare time to pursue a hobby. Ergo, not all that good at it.

But honestly? Maybe 10 years from now, maybe even sooner, we can save ourselves this entire discussion cause the AI bots are coming for our jerbs on fast feets. Just ask Mommy Midjourney to spit out all the vore porn you could ever want, more than you could ever fap to. Commercialism will remove itself from man-made art all on its own at this rate, ain't nobody will be willing to pay for something you can get with a free button press.

As the saying goes, ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ItsSongxing » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:33 am

Natolin wrote:Idk if this is really happening or just me being weird, but is there just… less good vore content being made lately?

sorry, i've been going through a slump lately
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Mecho » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:56 am

"Found a group dedicated to bring back passion and love into the equation and throw out greed and ignorance!"

The economy is a bit hard on people now, but maybe you haven't noticed that. Do you usually want free stuff from other professions as well?
God, greedy people try to make a living and pay rent. How dare they!

Edit. Okey. You must be a troll.
Mecho
---

Postby OxnardMontalvo » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:31 am

Mecho wrote:Do you usually want free stuff from other professions as well?

I see you, too, just hear what you want to hear and take the convenient bits out of a statement... or are simply not able to understand what I'm saying! I'm talking about seeing art on this site again, just like back then when it truly was but a fun pastime and people loved doing it and did it for no other reason. Sure a few of those laid the foundation for your kind but, thanks to Jaggy's wisdom, Daichan was actually able to teach me recently that I need to keep fighting no matter how slim the odds of success; I need to keep going just because I believe in my cause and that's all that should matter! Alas! Words are the wrong the means to fight this battle and wasted effort considering what I could do in the meantime. Indeed, talking is pointless, what's required now, is deeds! *Raising the Chibitoyan flag on the peak of Mt. Ignorance*
Last edited by OxnardMontalvo on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
OxnardMontalvo
New to the forum

Postby YourFriendComputer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:35 am

Speaking as a writer and a producer of audio content who just doesn't do it hardly at all anymore, I'll add a perspective I haven't seen in this thread yet, just my own situation but one I'm sure at least a few other people have. Despite this particular account being newer, I've been around this community for a good 13 years now, myself.

For me, it's just not as easy to find the motivation to create content anymore. When I was a young adult with tons more energy than I have now, far fewer obligations and a lot more time on my hands, I had no trouble producing stuff. I was also a lot more passionate about content I wanted to see and produce back then. I'm on the eve of turning 30 now and, well, I work a trades job with a trades schedule. I live alone and have to maintain my space, do all of my own chores, make time for people I care about. My job is very physical and at the end of the day, even if I would enjoy writing or messing with audio, I just don't have the energy for it. I'd rather take the time to recover before I've got to do it all again the next day. I'm sure at least some people can relate. Life ain't easy out here for grown-ups.

If anything, there's a glut of content I absolutely love now because my tastes have only gotten more and more broad as I've gotten older and had more experiences, seen more styles and kinks, etc. Especially animation. Kink animation you can find for free or being produced for cheap is so far above what was out there in 2011 when I first came around. Audio has advanced a ton, creators have gotten better and more confident in doing original voice work, access to sfx, whether organically or synthetically generated, has expanded a ton. That some of these things are released for free, delayed schedule or no, is something I think we could all stand to be more thankful for.

Even so, yeah, there are still gaps in the market, even for people like me who are both easily entertained and pleased. When I see those gaps, I create something to fill them. It might be one thing a year, every two years, whatever, but I do it, even if it's just for me and never gets released. I'm sure we're all dealing with enough in our lives without turning on each other over silly things. If I want something done, but don't know how to do it myself, I can either learn or pay someone who knows how to do it. If someone happens to produce it or a friend offers to do it for me, that's something to appreciate, not expect.
YourFriendComputer
New to the forum

Postby outcast3 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:40 am

OxnardMontalvo wrote:

You seems to have forgotten the early part of "Another thing is that the economy might play a role, people just don't have the free time to create things for fun" and took it out of context. Drawing is like playing video games for some people, something you do for fun and put aside when more important things come up. When you need to put food on the table your top priority is work and work overtime when possible. Only when you feel economically secured will you start putting your hobby first again. I guess one could make their passion their job as well, but for every artist that makes it, there are hundreds more who failed. You should definitely give it a shoot, but if it don't pan out well, then a regular job it is then.

You are telling people that they should spend every part of their free time on their hobby? Without socialization, enjoying yourself and exercise you will feel awful and be even more unproductive. With so little time left, you cannot expect them to crunch out much content in a year. Your own wellbeing come before any passion hobby. Students have tons of free time? STEM students complain about not having any free time. Maybe we just have different perspective on "create things for fun", you seems to have a idealistic view of how one should approach and view their hobby and I agree that if one is truly passionate about creating something they should fight tooth and nail to make it happen. Life is however, not always idealistic for many this is/was just a fun thing to do on their spare time, considered the drop in quality and quantity in content over the years, it's safe to say they made up a huge bulk of the vore community. The drop started around early 2010s which is also when economic downturn started to happen and people decided that their time would be better spend doing something else like working, studying etc.

Yes people who are in it just for the money tend to not create good works and just go with cookie cutter stuff that are highly likely to be well received. To be honest some of them Patreon creators are delusional, they make pretty amateurish work but expect that there will be hoards of people buying their work like hot cakes. Yeah I could spend 20-200(or whatever they charge) euros on an amateurish vore commission for a few moments of fun or 10 euros for the Witcher 3 for over 50 hours of fun. Not saying that artists should work for scraps, but keep in mind of what you are up against, maybe keep grinding until you are at an professional level first before trying to make money of it?

Daichi777 wrote:So if a McDonalds worker gets paid more than me, gets less abuse (which is saying something), and you've just spectacularly proven my points especially in regards to being considered a human being and piracy.

Well time to start working at McDonalds? You think you are above fast food workers or something? They have a honest trade and have stressful conditions yet they still do their best, but they would switch it out if opportunity arises. Why do you feel like fast food workers should have it worse than you? what did they ever do to you? If you are not doing well with your gaming business maybe you should ask yourself if you are doing something wrong? Need for changes in planning, workflow or marketing? As for piracy there is nothing to be done, if large companies like EA and Nintendo cannot prevent it, then there is no hope for small indiedevs. In some countries like Switzerland it's legal to pirate, frankly in Latin America, Netherlands, Scandinavia, southern and eastern Europe and most of Asia people will get away with piracy since the police won't care. Often when a game doesn't succeed financially it's not because of piracy. How many people do you think have pirated Skyrim? does Bethesda look like they are going bankrupt any time soon? the cult classic Psychonauts sold poorly not because of piracy, but issues with the publisher and lack of marketing. Do you think everything bad going on with your gaming business is solely caused by outside forces?

jaggedjagd wrote:Do you want quality or quantity? Cause you can't have both. You can't have free stuff that is on a professional level. Artists aren't machines, it takes decades to perfect a craft like that and most of us have only limited talent to begin with, and never make it to the high ranks of artistry.

Agree people have a life outside of their hobby. Don't think people who can hold a pencil and write have limited talent for drawing or it have to take decades. People will tell you to just draw to learn, if you have to draw and figure everything out yourself ofc it will take decades. Maybe the learning process will accelerate if one study the fundamentals property such as observation/sight, construction/form, perspective, anatomy and gesture?

Some of the artists also seems to have narcissistic tendencies, believing their amateurish works is equal with Mona Lisa. Refusing to improve or listen to criticism.
outcast3
New to the forum

Postby Daichi777 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:49 am

outcast3 wrote:
Daichi777 wrote:So if a McDonalds worker gets paid more than me, gets less abuse (which is saying something), and you've just spectacularly proven my points especially in regards to being considered a human being and piracy.

Well time to start working at McDonalds? You think you are above fast food workers or something? They have a honest trade and have stressful conditions yet they still do their best, but they would switch it out if opportunity arises. Why do you feel like fast food workers should have it worse than you? what did they ever do to you? If you are not doing well with your gaming business maybe you should ask yourself if you are doing something wrong? Need for changes in planning, workflow or marketing? As for piracy there is nothing to be done, if large companies like EA and Nintendo cannot prevent it, then there is no hope for small indiedevs. In some countries like Switzerland it's legal to pirate, frankly in Latin America, Netherlands, Scandinavia, southern and eastern Europe and most of Asia people will get away with piracy since the police won't care. Often when a game doesn't succeed financially it's not because of piracy. How many people do you think have pirated Skyrim? does Bethesda look like they are going bankrupt any time soon? the cult classic Psychonauts sold poorly not because of piracy, but issues with the publisher and lack of marketing. Do you think everything bad going on with your gaming business is solely caused by outside forces?

It's astounding stupid as hell opinions like this that show everyone why it's never worth trying to start being a creator, and makes you wonder when did some random stranger on a kink/pirate forum become your financial manager. Since you lack experience being a creator at all, and are very smart but lack it in the social sense. I'll explain this in plain simple English so you'll understand, and if you are going to reply and want to start an argument then at least read this whole thing first.

Before I became a creator here, my base salary was around 120k a year, with 20k bonus, and doing project management for super car events and in a repair shop. Before that, it was in government in IT, CS, and projects for over a decade. As a high school leaver and never went to uni, my worst job ever was working in GameStop. I don't think I'm above anyone, I just used my skills and brain because I wanted to help people and in better ways. Work smarter, not harder. I've saved $5million+ in a single year for the Australian govt because I identified and fixed processes in their licensing. And the division I was in at the time that money saved went to families and communities in need rather than big corporations who were getting it for free essentially because nobody audited or knew what to do so they'd shrug it off as not their problem.

I bring this up because working in this community full time I earn $2000 on average after tax etc a month. A far cry from what I used to earn, and $1500 alone goes to just my rent. Yet I chose this job, and still would because it gives me the freedom to do what I want in a job, I can help people in the long run especially those younger among us, and my health is extremely bad. It's not easy for me to do everything by myself and I'm the last of my family. But it sure as hell beats having to work 12 hours a day for idiots. A McDonalds worker has a general starting salary of $30,000 a year with more rights than me.

At what point and for what reason am I considered not even human for choosing to become a creator? I work my arse off, nearly every day I'm working 16 hours on average, I get no time off, I barely get any savings because I hire a lot of people every month for content and assets or another person in our community who needs financial support quickly who can make stuff I don't necessarily need. I'm not a big corporation, I'm not even making stuff to grab money as the first thing. If I earn enough to survive (I grew up in near poverty) it's nothing new to me. I don't even get a holiday or time to play games and enjoy life as much. Yet people like you come on loud mouthed without ever thinking on anybody's situation or even trying to see it from their shoes. Sure piracy's never going to go away, doesn't mean it's right. Doesn't mean we can't say something about it to make people aware we are just like the next one right next to you. I should've been finished over a year ago with a 10x better game, and I can pinpoint the exact time I stopped putting 3 months of work into 1 month when I was first uploaded online and then harassed after for simply making people aware that I'm human too. I don't market myself because the bigger I do the more pirates join or upload publicly and giving me more to deal with. Motivation is key in being a creator, and when people constantly put you down, or are essentially ripping your paycheck out of your hand, spitting in your face and taking half of it, that is no fault of your own.

I'm the type of person who always thinks and focuses on the end result of everything I do, I let my actions speak for themselves, and if I screw up I take responsibility for it and own up however I can. So yes, I do know that most things bad going on with me being a creator is due to piracy and resellers mostly. Because people who work hard, do not even think about how much money they can make as it's not a main goal, and who are spiteful like me cannot focus on our work because of it. So please, forgive me if I find your comment picking out something stupid and irrelevant insulting. Because there are so many idiots who see our finances apparently, know our situations in real life, and treat us all the same. Like we're either not human, or compare us to having a full healthy body like themselves.

The human race will always find excuses to not feel bad/guilty, or to justify doing the wrong thing. Especially when it comes to sexual content. You want me to just give up and quit and go work in Maccas? Ok, should I tell you what to do too and just give up in everything you do? My intent in mentioning Maccas in the first place, was to put in easy to see perspective that if you work full time as a creator it isn't going to be as much as a normal job, and you will get more abuse for it. Is that seriously how you want everyone to think and see instead of trying to become a creator in the first place? Because you succeeded.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:41 am

outcast3 wrote:Agree people have a life outside of their hobby. Don't think people who can hold a pencil and write have limited talent for drawing or it have to take decades. People will tell you to just draw to learn, if you have to draw and figure everything out yourself ofc it will take decades. Maybe the learning process will accelerate if one study the fundamentals property such as observation/sight, construction/form, perspective, anatomy and gesture?

HAHAHA yeah. It's just that easy. Just study some perspective, dude. Done, you win at art.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby N-Mario » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:09 am

Content is content, whether it is ‘good’ or ‘bad’, it’s still content. It takes time for people to draw stuff. Depending what kind of content can take a few days, or even weeks to draw. The simplest stuff probably take a few days to draw. And as already pointed out, people have lives to deal with, so they don’t draw stuff 24/7. Anyways, the good content usually takes a lot of hard work and dedication to come up with. So it just all depends on the person, and the content they make as to how long they want to spend their time drawing content for the community. :)

For example, for a person such as myself, I probably spent a good few days on sprite animation alone. Though game development takes even longer to work on, as to set up what you want all of the assets to do. Same thing applies to writing books, or directing cartoons/movies.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Bright » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:39 pm

Do we have statistics about what the daily uploads are this year compared to 5,10,15 years ago?
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby outcast3 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:30 am

Daichi777 wrote:
It's astounding stupid as hell opinions like this that show everyone why it's never worth trying to start being a creator, and makes you wonder when did some random stranger on a kink/pirate forum become your financial manager. Since you lack experience being a creator at all, and are very smart but lack it in the social sense. I'll explain this in plain simple English so you'll understand, and if you are going to reply and want to start an argument then at least read this whole thing first.

Before I became a creator here, my base salary was around 120k a year, with 20k bonus, and doing project management for super car events and in a repair shop. Before that, it was in government in IT, CS, and projects for over a decade. As a high school leaver and never went to uni, my worst job ever was working in GameStop. I don't think I'm above anyone, I just used my skills and brain because I wanted to help people and in better ways. Work smarter, not harder. I've saved $5million+ in a single year for the Australian govt because I identified and fixed processes in their licensing. And the division I was in at the time that money saved went to families and communities in need rather than big corporations who were getting it for free essentially because nobody audited or knew what to do so they'd shrug it off as not their problem.

I bring this up because working in this community full time I earn $2000 on average after tax etc a month. A far cry from what I used to earn, and $1500 alone goes to just my rent. Yet I chose this job, and still would because it gives me the freedom to do what I want in a job, I can help people in the long run especially those younger among us, and my health is extremely bad. It's not easy for me to do everything by myself and I'm the last of my family. But it sure as hell beats having to work 12 hours a day for idiots. A McDonalds worker has a general starting salary of $30,000 a year with more rights than me.

At what point and for what reason am I considered not even human for choosing to become a creator? I work my arse off, nearly every day I'm working 16 hours on average, I get no time off, I barely get any savings because I hire a lot of people every month for content and assets or another person in our community who needs financial support quickly who can make stuff I don't necessarily need. I'm not a big corporation, I'm not even making stuff to grab money as the first thing. If I earn enough to survive (I grew up in near poverty) it's nothing new to me. I don't even get a holiday or time to play games and enjoy life as much. Yet people like you come on loud mouthed without ever thinking on anybody's situation or even trying to see it from their shoes. Sure piracy's never going to go away, doesn't mean it's right. Doesn't mean we can't say something about it to make people aware we are just like the next one right next to you. I should've been finished over a year ago with a 10x better game, and I can pinpoint the exact time I stopped putting 3 months of work into 1 month when I was first uploaded online and then harassed after for simply making people aware that I'm human too. I don't market myself because the bigger I do the more pirates join or upload publicly and giving me more to deal with. Motivation is key in being a creator, and when people constantly put you down, or are essentially ripping your paycheck out of your hand, spitting in your face and taking half of it, that is no fault of your own.

I'm the type of person who always thinks and focuses on the end result of everything I do, I let my actions speak for themselves, and if I screw up I take responsibility for it and own up however I can. So yes, I do know that most things bad going on with me being a creator is due to piracy and resellers mostly. Because people who work hard, do not even think about how much money they can make as it's not a main goal, and who are spiteful like me cannot focus on our work because of it. So please, forgive me if I find your comment picking out something stupid and irrelevant insulting. Because there are so many idiots who see our finances apparently, know our situations in real life, and treat us all the same. Like we're either not human, or compare us to having a full healthy body like themselves.

The human race will always find excuses to not feel bad/guilty, or to justify doing the wrong thing. Especially when it comes to sexual content. You want me to just give up and quit and go work in Maccas? Ok, should I tell you what to do too and just give up in everything you do? My intent in mentioning Maccas in the first place, was to put in easy to see perspective that if you work full time as a creator it isn't going to be as much as a normal job, and you will get more abuse for it. Is that seriously how you want everyone to think and see instead of trying to become a creator in the first place? Because you succeeded.

Then I might have misinterpreted your comment. I interpreted that you were saying that McDonalds workers shouldn't earn more and that they should face more abuse, basically that your economic hardships and abuse in career was reserved for fast food workers and that you as an creator shouldn't face things that are meant for working class people to experience. That creator at the minimum are entitled to have it better than workers. Hence I took an issues with it, when workers face abuse it's deserved and that's how it should be? but when creators/entrepreneurs face abuse it never should had happen and it's out of place?

Not saying you have to like online piracy. Just that it's futile to try to combat like it's an crusade especially for an indie dev. The energy and time you spend on combating pirates is better spend on game development. You say people who work hard don't think about how much money they can make, yet you seems to be very upset that pirates can enjoy your work without paying for it? pirates never intended to pay anyway, stopping them will not bring you more income. Marketing your games more might draw the attention of more uploaders and pirates, but it can also bring in more paying consumers. Why do you feel like you need to deal with pirates anyway? Just file an DMCA takedown and call it a day, because in the end it's mostly futile. Imagine your work being uploaded to some Romanian pirate site. you file a complain to the Australian police, Romania is outside of Australia's control, all they can do is to request the Romanian police to take action, but the Romanian police force never take action because they have other crimes to deal with and they don't consider this worth their time or they don't care. So nothing will happen, this is the case most of the time. Also no-one is willing to go to war in order to enforce copyright laws. Just go read about the pirate bay, in the end despite all the effort of large companies to bring it down, the creators of the site walks free(the Swedish government even shorten their sentence to release them early from jail) and their site is still up. For all those places I mention where piracy thrives, their law enforcement will at most take token action against pirates, then set them free to go back to business again. What I am trying to tell you is that dealing with pirates is mostly a waste of time.

jaggedjagd wrote:HAHAHA yeah. It's just that easy. Just study some perspective, dude. Done, you win at art.

Don't mean to say that it's easy or that it will be quick, just that the idea that it will take decades to get good at it or that your initial talent will decided how much you improve sounded exaggerated. If you look at artwork made by art school graduates before and after art school, you can see that they reach professional level in 3 years. Example here you can see that the improvement is night and day.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmi ... &context=3
Or maybe you were just using it as an figure of speech?
outcast3
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion