WHY do we enjoy this vore fetish?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: WHY do we enjoy this vore fetish?

Postby Jayezox » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:07 am

From my social anxiety therapy, I learned the brain makes cognitive connections that relate certain things to certain feelings and forms a network of neurons that remember and relate certain things to something in the memory. I swear that cognitive connection between vore and sex happened the moment I saw that "Dude, where's my Car?" giantess scene. The same thing can happen with the furry fetish when as children, we're constantly bombarded by cartoon animals with bedroom eyes. The list goes on, but we were conditioned to associate things we like in vore with something "good" whether we remember the events or series of events that caused them or not.

This isn't normal, but it's not bad unless we are harming someone, including ourselves which can happen to those that let their kink get in the way of their life.
Jayezox
---

Postby Dekkard2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:08 am

Don't know, like Jayezox says it's probably because of the bombardment of sexy cartoon characters in vore situations. Vore's also been around since the age of mythology so there's that too.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby N-Mario » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 pm

157and493 wrote:I have heard a speculation that this fetish develops from a desire to permanently escape loneliness.

hmm..... If that's one of the possible cases, then that would make perfect sense. Like, there are times where I actually do feel a bit lonely, working on my computer, and watching other people play video games online for the noise. The desire to be eaten does takes a partner predator. So maybe there's that kind of connection?
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby PaperCat » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:05 pm

N-Mario wrote:Perhaps there are many various reasons why we have this fetish?
But like, does it make me/us a bad person if we WANT to be eaten/swallowed whole, even if its pure fantasy?

Why would YOU feel bad for liking... cuddly, presumably asexual stuff?
Nobody can really tell what it means to you better than yourself, others can only provide some clues.

And yes, it's blatantly obvious that the quirks under the name vorarephilia(and I'm only talking about oral there) are so different that they often have hardly anything in common.

I'd assume, OP is in some kind of a minority there; most ppl probably prefer when a stomach does its job properly...

And while some might very well be closet sociopaths, others just try to sweep their conscience under the rug and say: "Ah, it's just a fantasy," and perhaps not be that immersive.
I've even seen stories of some hapless fine folk who were unable to bargain with their "inner paladin", so they got quite uneasy with their fetish and tried to quit.
From what I've also seen, the majority seem to be suicidal prey masochists themselves, anyhow. :)
As for me, I'm quite immersive, but as an observer I just esteem characters accordingly.
Ideally, situations excuse, if not support the predator's hostile actions.
She's like a knight of some sort, look, she even has her own set of scale armour.(I'm a mad dragon-girl worshiper.)

HeinousSaurus wrote:after all, not everyone who watched the Jungle Book wants to get eaten by a snake, so why the differing outcomes?

Looks like the ghost of Freud still haunts ppl's minds, that's why. :)
Now, I'm not saying his work is necessarily freudulent (you're so funny, daddy Cat... nope), but it mostly lies in the field of philosophy rather than "hard" neuroscience.
The latter should deal with studies of lesions of particular brain areas and nuclei, and changes in behaviour(before and after). Then one could say something with quite a high amount of certainty.

So his conclusions are basically as good as anybody's with a logical line of thought. And I like your assessment more.
Yes, ppl react to things according to their predispositions, which is based on their brain areas structure and previous experience and information, which isn't necessarily acquired during childhood.

In my understanding, especially strong forms of attraction to some traits have roots in more primal instincts; perhaps they even have closer connections to more ancient parts of the brain like the limbic system(the hormonal, emotional part).
At least, with large scale things like sexuality it seems to be the case.
Just to give ppl an idea, there was a fairly well-known study linking homosexuality with the size of one of the hypothalamus nuclei.

I can trace things I personally like fairly close to their biological roots.
For me it's mostly romantic adoration(of power and beauty), though it definitely originates from the attraction to female biological traits; thus, what I'm about to describe can likely sound somewhat... naughty to some.
Spoiler: show

Even though I'm an observer, I can understand and enjoy some things from the prey perspective. Though without such crazy suicidal intents.
Perhaps, mortal danger elevates the adrenaline lvl, sharpening the senses; therefore, some have quite a relish for it.
But after all, it's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye(to the gastric juice).
And so, the ability to share food is a very important one for social animals, let alone humans.
It forms a special kind of trust.
Even among some bird and insect species giving a treat to a female to win her favor isn't an uncommon occurrence.

Her mucous linings feel pleasant to the touch(not unlike her private areas, indeed, if your fantasies drift to that naughty direction); her flesh is so warm, soft and slippery.
Pressing at a proper spot you could perhaps even feel her pulse, especially if she's excited...
The warmth of her gentle breath tickling your hands feels delightful too.
The rumbling of her anticipating empty stomach is titillating.
And the sounds of her heartbeat and full stomach are so utterly calming.
These are all normal biological functions and their signs of a beautiful, healthy living creature; they have to feel pleasing, calming and attractive. Why the heck shouldn't they?

While surely enjoyable, all of that nice and cute stuff is not the main source of the quirky appeal to me.
The main thing is about adoration of beauty, power and bodily capabilities.
And I don't find it particularly strange to consider power and strength attractive if they still look so gracefully feminine...

The biggest part of it is what most folk would call stuffing, though I prefer the word voracity.
In the animal world food is quite often scarce; there are no fridges or groceries either.
So it doesn't seem that strange to me to consider a capacious stomach as an appealing trait.
If she stumbles on loads of food(or catches it), she can take advantage of this opportunity, making sure that nothing is going to waste, packing everything into her belly.
Indeed, it's a grotesque exaggeration at this scale, but it ultimately originates from pretty understandable attraction to a biological trait.
And it isn't directly linked to something unhealthy thus potentially repulsive(like obesity).

But why should it also be vorarephilia?
Well, it cranks up the heat so much more, adding an additional layer of a wild, ferocious flavour.
If she can overpower and devour living protesting things of her own or perhaps even larger size for still more extra spice, whole and alive, and then contain and digest them, how immensely strong and sturdy her body should be.
What a charming, magnificent, powerful... monstrosity.
As a non-biological side note, it also allows for far more dramatic and interesting scenarios in art and fiction.

Want to add even more zest?
Put some strain on her, make her struggle.
Why?
Well, it sharpens the senses, makes things look more meaningful, accentuates the size of her meal and her fullness.
But more than that, it allows her to show a bit of character. She's a stubborn, unyielding creature of unwavering will; she perseveres.
She feels somewhat uncomfortable, but it's so much meat, squirming, tingling her predatory nature... In the end, she's in utter bliss.

So that's my explanation for the things I like and therefore understand better.
PaperCat
New to the forum

Postby Misaka » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:15 pm

ManWithNoVowels wrote:I imagine that, for most, it's some extension of a domination/submission kink, at least when it comes to fatal vore; non-fatal is probably more like the wanted intimacy you went and described.

This, very much this. Dominance/submission is what makes vore appealing to me, and there can even be intimacy tied into it if done right!
Misaka
New to the forum

Postby Miniphage » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:33 pm

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, it is as suggested above part of a submission/domination fetish. Though I have no idea as to why I have a submission/domination fetish.
Miniphage
New to the forum

Postby Scratch » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:48 pm

I've always thought of it as a dom/sub fetish, but it comes in so many varieties and involves so many different 'moving parts,' so to speak, that I've never been happy with any set explanation, whether that's an oral fixation, a fascination with inner spaces and death, or an analog for fertility and need-satisfaction.

Recently I've begun to wonder if maybe I've thought about it wrong the entire time. Maybe vore is just inherently sexual, rather than requiring some sort of association. It has all kinds of aspects to it after all that satisfy erotic concepts and the physical act of vore is a form of penetration, even just the sliding of skin, the immersion in another person's fluids, the squeezing of the throat and the feelings gained from swallowing are inherently pleasurable acts, especially if they're involving another person.

Now add this with the fact that vore seems to be somewhat popular with a lot more people than one would expect, but if you look at general reactions they are either 'that's hot' or 'that's disturbing,' meaning people that generally don't like the fetish don't do so because they have an immediate response of revulsion or horror to the thought of being eaten.
What occurred to me is that perhaps voraphilia is more of a lack of that fear response, much like toxoplasmosis is described affecting mice; when the fear of being eaten (or conversely the shame of eating someone else) is removed (or transformed into something desirable, like in bdsm), all of the other 'pleasurable' aspects are left and it becomes a highly sexual/erotic act. Half of the human life cycle involves sperm and egg participating in pretty much the same 'dance.' At the same time it would make sense that if the act is inherently sexual, there would obviously be a need for the brain to create a phobia or taboo around being eaten; I think perhaps some of the thrill of the fetish comes from breaking that taboo/ingrained fear, but I think the fetish makes more sense if you look at it not as a focused fetish but the 'jumping over' of a fear that reveals a number of different pathways of pleasure, intimacy, eroticism, and basic dominance that nuances human interaction. It explains to me why the 'fetish' is so diverse and hit/miss with people.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Afflatus » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:04 pm

Vore gives more strength to the womanly characters I see as fair. I like the idea of those I have an affection for being prosperous. Vore doesn’t just defeat the enemy - it turns the enemy into vitality for the ally. Imagine if you could take your problems hostage and feed them to what gives you joy, and as a result the joy is fattened and more joyful; like a king who doesn’t stop at destroying the enemy territory, but also rebuilds it in his own image. Vore oftentimes involves prosperity and power to the predator - mingle that with the fact that you cherish the predator and you’ll have an affinity I expect to take to my grave!
Afflatus
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:26 am

For me, I think it's a extension of the fact that I find dominating and owning cute girls hot, and a predator turning their prey into food is just about the most extreme example of dominating and claiming ownership of another being I can think of. But I also have been thinking as of recently that it maybe something more than that. Because I remember being fascinated with the idea of predators eating girls, and predators eating cute, helpless things in general, since my age was in single digits. Ever since I was vary young, I'd like to make paper craft creatures. And one thing I would almost always do is make them hollow so that they could eat things. I would make a paper cat, then make paper cutout mice and have it catch and eat them. I would make multiple paper fish, each hollow and each progressively smaller than the other and have them eat each other in order. And most memorably, I once made a spider, then create paper cutouts of cute girls that were tied up and had it catch them in it's web then eat them. When I had some modeling clay as a teenager, I would make clay dolls of girls along with clay predators and had them eat the girls, even making it so that I could mush them up into a shapeless clay blob inside them as if it was digesting them. if I had gotten a hold of some malleable candy like bubble gum, I would mold it into the vague shape of a girl and play out me chasing her down, catching her, and eating her. I would sometimes even sneak off with my sister's barbie dolls and play out having them get eaten by some of my creations before sneaking them back without her notice.

Basically what I'm saying is, while I don't know exactly what it is that makes me love the idea of cute girls getting eaten, whatever it is, it runs deep!
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby JoyMore » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:07 am

N-Mario wrote:Is there one particular reason why we enjoy predators eating others, or yourself getting eaten by your favorite predators? Perhaps there are many various reasons why we have this fetish?

well like most furrys we saw the wrong disney cartoon or short, and that stayed tucked away in our minds for years and years
later on the internet archieved every kink and turned everything up to 11
and by hook or crook we cultivated that spark into a kink.

As with any interest there comes a point of no return where its a curiosity to"
oh this is a thing now.

the question is how much of this is on the person viewing the work vs the work cultivating the interest.

Legit question if there was a fraction of vore out there,
i think interest would died out.

Short answer? Availability.
JoyMore
New to the forum

Postby Custodian » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:53 am

Big bellies :)
Custodian
Been posting for a bit

Postby bongobongo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:34 am

The idea of getting swallowed whole by a woman and becoming a part of her body, making her boobs and butt bigger is super erotic to me. I prefer fiction where only women can eat people. For me it’s probably about how hot it would be to see a woman with a huge, wriggling gut that slowly shrinks as the prey inside is melted. Makes me wanna join them in there. There’s definitely a domination aspect to it, based on how common fpred is here I think a lot of people are just turned on by dominant women eating whoever they want.
Click here for free food (I’m the food)
bongobongo
Somewhat familiar

Postby hertagon23 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:47 am

I've had this very same question for a long time.
I finally stumbled upon this old book:
The Erotic Mind by Jack Morin.

It's a complicated question to answer and very personal.
Someone can enjoy this fetish for different reasons than others and we'll probably never truly know why we are wired the way we are.

Personally, I think it is about dealing with feeling helpless and vulnerable.
I struggle with feelings of insecurity and a need for validation in real life and I wonder if that has something to do with it.
I also have some social anxiety, making it hard to open up.
Especially to the other sex.

Erotic fantasies could be a way of coping and transforming difficult emotions into pleasurable ones.
Being swallowed alive would render me completely helpless and at the mercy of the other person, which is something I fear in real life (being vulnerable and helpless).
But in this fantasy, it has become a source of excitement.
I feel a rush about being scared in the fantasy, transforming fear into another pleasurable emotion.

I grew up feeling like I'm not good enough or worthy enough to be loved and accepted by another person, so this might be another way of dealing with those feelings.
In my fantasy, I am completely consumed and accepted by another person, which is something I long for in real life.
By being swallowed whole, I'd become a part of them, which could symbolize a deep level of love and acceptance and to be desired.
It is also something done to me as the prey, leaving the responsibility on the other person, which is something I might feel is safer than having to put myself out there and risk rejection.

But like I said, everyone is different and maybe this is all a load of bull..., but I struggled with this very question for so long and maybe it can help someone else.
I'd really recommend the book if you'd like to learn more (cause I cannot do it justice with my little writeup here).
It was a very liberating read for me as it made me feel more at peace by putting my desires into context and understanding them a bit better.

Take care!
hertagon23
New to the forum

Postby nutritious » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:17 am

Hi Mario, I think your thoughts are very symapthetic!

EDIT: Everything hertagon23 said. And here are a few redundant thoughts:

I can only speak for myself but personally, I doubt that vore or likeing vore makes us bad. I think the thought of getting eaten just affects us more than other people.
A lot of us encountered vore the first time at an early age when we are very senitive to new thoughts this one may have moved us profoundly.
I think it starts with a utter shock or a trauma since to be held very closely to the point of being completely enveloped is a terrifying thought.
And with other things that keeps us somehow bothered and troubled it works in us and somehow the mind is trying to solve this. Since we care about it, our minds start to work on it with crazy combinations and it gets tickelish because it may be something pleasant tries to get us into that situation again.

Vore wouldnt work for us if we would not be so sensitive to the thought of being somewhere tightly held close. In my mind this is a terrible thought that I dont want to wish for me or anybody else but on the same side it tickles like hell
And this conflict is worked on in my mind like a grain of sand in an oyster, but at this point I am cool with the pearl :p
nutritious
Somewhat familiar

Postby Grapefruitvenison » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:06 am

I personally think vore is (at least) two completely opposite fetishes that both share a niche, fatal and non-fatal.

While they share elements (swallowing, being in a stomach, etc), they both like those things for completely different reasons.

I can't speak to why people like non-fatal vore, since I'm not into it, but I think for fatal vore it is all about dominance. You are completely owning someone and in control of their life. they exist for your pleasure. For someone like me, releasing the prey alive completely ruins it for me.

I would guess that for people that prefer 'safe' vore, it is more about being super close to someone, like a big comfy hug that can cover your whole body, or maybe a maternal/pregnancy thing? The last thing these people want to see is digestion. I've noticed this can lead to a lot of conflict when someone will see a piece that conflicts with their fetish, and will try to 'correct' it in the comments, leading to a "and then they survived :)" "no they didn't" back and forth (or vice versa).

I do think whatever causes the fetish, it develops at a really young age. I remember when I was very young, probably 6 or so, I would play a game where I covered myself with a big blanket and crawled on the floor, pretending to be a slug. I would then 'eat' my friends and siblings by pulling them under the blanket and they would help me get the others. While there was nothing sexual, there was always a fascination of eating or being eaten alive. Watching Jurassic Park didn't make me scared, it just made me feel funny, and I wanted to rewatch the scenes where people got eaten. It wasn't until puberty when it all clicked, and I discovered the vore community.

I don't think you should be ashamed of it. It's easy to beat yourself up and think of yourself as weird, or stuff like that, but it's all a fantasy, and at it's core, it's entirely normal desires manifesting in a different form.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk lol
Grapefruitvenison
New to the forum

Postby AsemuAsunoAGE » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:33 pm

The type of vore I like is giantess vore, but more of nonfatal and maybe painless digestion.
I honestly don't know why I started liking it. It could be because many of female teachers back then wore shirts that would expose their smooth, silky belly when they stretched their hands up, and I began to dream of living inside there.
Of course this was before puberty, after puberty is discovered the giantess vore community.
AsemuAsunoAGE
New to the forum

Postby TheBellyMan1993 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:06 pm

There’s a theory that vore fetishes are correlated with premature birth. Being a preemie myself I’m a bit biased but to me it seems like that’s a “hey I wasn’t done yet, I want to go back” sort of thing.
TheBellyMan1993
New to the forum

Postby skorm » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:51 am

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby rugaeton » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:10 am

wish i knew lol. ive been wondering this myself.
doesn't actually like reggaeton all that much. but does like tons of rugae.
rugaeton
Been posting for a bit

Postby RoTheHuman » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:48 pm

I love pondering this question, even though it's probably unanswerable. I think one of the reasons it's nearly impossible to get an answer is because vore expresses itself so differently in different people. There seems to be almost as much variety in it as sex itself. So there's probably more than one way people get the kink.

One thing I can add is that one of the fascinating ways vore manifests for me is that I actually find parts of the part associated with eating and digestion as sexy, pretty much just like they were a sex organ. I think that may be case for other kinks too, but I can't say since I don't have them. But maybe there's a clue in there?
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion