New Poster questions about specifics.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

New Poster questions about specifics.

Postby Monadora » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:33 am

I finally found a second eye to help me edit my vore story. I was wondering if I could post it all now and then repost the "finished" version later.

Also, what's the best file format to post on Eka's. I want to post so readers don't have to scroll left to right at the end of every line.

Third concern: should I leave up older versions of my works or delete the old versions as I edit?
Monadora
New to the forum

Re: New Poster questions about specifics.

Postby gbboyth » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:27 am

I find that .rtf files upload the best: continuous scrolling up and down (no pages) and no scrolling side to side.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:38 am

If you post to the forums, use the Work to be Shared! forum; there's a link to it at the top of this page.

If you want a gallery in which to post your works, send a private message to Eka with one of your works attached as a sample. Details on how to do this can be found in the FAQ, which is also linked at the top of the page.

A gallery gives you more flexibility; you can replace older versions of your work with updated or better edited ones more easily, once you get the hang of it. For written work, the gallery works best with the older Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP formats (.doc, not the newer .docx). It will handle Rich Text Format (.rtf), which is less capable. Most word processors will save to .doc format, including free ones like OpenOffice. The gallery software won't handle really complex formatting, like flowing text around images (although it can handle simple embedded images), but it can hand colored fonts and most other character and paragraph formatting quite well.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby msmyriam » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:30 pm

For anything you post to the gallery, you can click on the pencil icon that appears in the top right when you mouse over an item, go to the "manage" tab and re-upload the file. I'd recommend doing this over deleting and posting a new item because it means favorites and hyperlinks will still point to the same work. Pretty sure it doesn't notify anyone, though, so if it's a page one rewrite you'll want to make a new post.

As for file formats, I use pdf because it's best for sharing to multiple platforms, and it guarantees that everyone reading is seeing what I'm seeing.
Erotica writer | Gallery | Commissions (OPEN) | Patreon
msmyriam
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnotherKinkyWriter » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 pm

Personally, I would leave up your older versions, but put 'WIP' in the title, just so your viewers know that this isn't the finished product.

As for file format, .rtf seems to be the best, at least in my opinion. Straightforward to read on the site, just scrolling down the text.

Hope this helps! Have fun writing.
A writer with severe DDLC brainrot
AnotherKinkyWriter
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cerise » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:44 am

Hello! Since you're asking for tips on posting, I also want to make sure you (and anyone else reading) know about removing identifying information from Word documents. By default, Microsoft Office will include author information in the data associated with your files. So, if your user profile is your legal name and you publish a Word document to the internet, anybody who downloads that document will be able to learn your identity. That is, assuming you don't want your identity to be easily linked to vore erotica you publish online.

To avoid this, just go to your completed story, click "File" from the top menu, then "Info" on the left-hand sidebar. There will be an option which says "Inspect Document". If you click the "Check for Issues" button, then "Inspect Document", and then run a quick inspection, it will flag various attributes associated with the file. There should be a red exclamation point next to "Document Properties and Personal Information". If there is, you can click "Remove All" to clear author information and similar tags. You should save your document beforehand just in case, then save again afterwards.
Cerise
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion