Good pre-vore is just as fun as vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Good pre-vore is just as fun as vore

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:40 pm

In some stories, I enjoy the build-up to vore just as much as the main event. Do any of you feel the same, or do you just like actually eating/being eaten?

I particularly love it when the prey is chased by their predator (I'm a fan of furry vore), or when the pred preps the prey for eating by undressing them, coating them in a sauce, stuff like that. Do you like that, or know of any stories with good pre-vore scenes like I have described?
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Re: Good pre-vore is just as fun as vore

Postby chewchulainn » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:27 pm

Definitely! I think that well written foreplay is an important part of selling the actual vore and making it feel satisfying, I definitely enjoy the build up just as much as the actual vore. I feel similarly with art sometimes too- seeing stuff with the prey being dangled over the pred's mouth, or on a plate/in some food; even if the actual vore isn't shown just the idea that it's coming is enticing.
chewchulainn
Somewhat familiar

Postby RedAmpoule » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:23 am

Hear Hear! Sometimes it is the best part!
RedAmpoule
Been posting for a bit

Postby okutrooper24 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:52 am

I really love when someone writes a fully fleshed out narrative building up the characters and events leading up to the moment, give it something of substance and weight to really emphasize the impact the writer is shooting for. I have found myself really drawn to some writers on here who do elaborate setup and character work to the Pred, Prey and general setting to really drive both a hot sequence but also to tell a good story with characters that have substance to them at the same time that, perhaps you will see again in other works (well, the preds anyway :lol: )
okutrooper24
New to the forum

Postby EloquentOrc » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:56 am

Hmmm, well yes and no.

Pre-vore can make for some great build up and make the vore itself far more enjoyable. Pred and prey flirting before the action is one of my favorite things.

However, if the vore doesn't turn out to be very good, it can end up feeling like a let down, after the pre-vore has built up your expectations. I have experienced that a few times with stories and it has really soured my enjoyment of them.

Meanwhile decent vore without a lot of pre isn't as good, but it delivers what it promises and therefore doesn't dissapoint.

I could compare pre-vore to sauce.

Sauce can really enhance a meal. But if the meal is bad, sauce alone won't save it.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sitharc » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:08 pm

Pre vore is great, especially when in detail and makes sense for the scenario.

Anything from stalking and such prior to striking, to kidnapping/luring them away, to other sorts of scenes. Normally prefer pred and prey being clothed, so them stripping themselves and/or the prey down doesn't make much sense to me, but otherwise would work too.

Any hide and seeking that's done beforehand, or just watching the pred and/or prey go about their day till it happens. Especially if on the pred's POV and watching their mind unravel as they are tempted with the idea, plot how to commit this vile act and basically murder another being for sick kicks and to feed themselves in one go, and psyching themselves up alongside any other preparations.

Of course, if the pre vore is good, the vore scene itself needs to be at least just as good, showing detail, effort, and any struggling to be had (even from the pred's pov). I don't want to get to the vore scene(s) or the bits after like digestion/disposal only to have one or more of those lacking in detail or are over with before know it and don't get to really enjoy it.

For example, it's great when a giantess gets to mouth play and tease her prey a bit before sending them down. When she's aware that is, otherwise yeah, but still if possible make it as detailed as possible or at least switch it to the prey's pov then and show them helplessly and easily being swallowed via someone's drink without them even noticing there was something or someone extra in said drink.

Some pre vore stuff is harder to pull off with some scenarios I like most because I like prey to be unwilling and ideally unaware it's even possible to be eaten whole like that (or even being shrunk if giantess), so less the pred is coy enough and uses the right words, she can't outright tell the prey about her plans, teasing them. I prefer it when prey doesn't realize what can happen to them till AS or right before it does, sometimes even a bit after as they going down or are settling in her stomach does it hit them that they've been actually eaten both whole and alive. Same applies to digestion and such too, not every prey is going to realize right away that going to die in there, let alone that it's going to be very painful.
Sitharc
---

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:05 pm

EloquentOrc wrote:Hmmm, well yes and no.

Pre-vore can make for some great build up and make the vore itself far more enjoyable. Pred and prey flirting before the action is one of my favorite things.

However, if the vore doesn't turn out to be very good, it can end up feeling like a let down, after the pre-vore has built up your expectations. I have experienced that a few times with stories and it has really soured my enjoyment of them.

Meanwhile decent vore without a lot of pre isn't as good, but it delivers what it promises and therefore doesn't dissapoint.

I could compare pre-vore to sauce.

Sauce can really enhance a meal. But if the meal is bad, sauce alone won't save it.

Yes, sauce is a really good way of putting it. I've also read a few stories where the vore itself is a let down.
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mecho » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:35 am

Ah yes!

Usually, I even like the pre-vore as much (If even more!) then the actual main act.
Seeing the pred, talk to them. The tension building up, the nervousness...

That and if there is licking, throat and mouth play. Heck! Great stuff <3
Mecho
---

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Mecho wrote:Ah yes!

Usually, I even like the pre-vore as much (If even more!) then the actual main act.

Yes, we think the same! I [u]love[/u] licking! Preds should take their time tasting the prey. It's one of the best bits. Do you know any stories with good licking?
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mecho » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:38 am

FurryTastyTreat wrote:

Yes, we think the same! I [u]love[/u] licking! Preds should take their time tasting the prey. It's one of the best bits. Do you know any stories with good licking?

I'm a lazy bum and barely read any stories. And don't know your preferences. Don't want to show something you may feel uncomfy or turned of by.
I do draw a lot of pre-vore stuff with focus on maws, licking, throats and such. But it's only male pred oriented. So if that isn't your stuff then I can't help ya buddy x3
Mecho
---

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:58 pm

Mecho wrote:
FurryTastyTreat wrote:

I'm a lazy bum and barely read any stories. And don't know your preferences. Don't want to show something you may feel uncomfy or turned of by.
I do draw a lot of pre-vore stuff with focus on maws, licking, throats and such. But it's only male pred oriented. So if that isn't your stuff then I can't help ya buddy x3

That's okay. I only really enjoy stories, and my favourites are female furry preds, but that's cool. I'm just happy I'm not the only one who loves pre-vore. The way you wrote your comment shows that, like me, you really get the thrill of the build-up
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lonnie » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:08 pm

Pre vore is very important and good for my enjoyment of…something! Especially written works. Can’t get enough of it. Give me all the teases!

-A very weenie and shy prey
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:03 pm

Lonnie wrote:Pre vore is very important and good for my enjoyment of…something! Especially written works. Can’t get enough of it. Give me all the teases!

-A very weenie and shy prey

A very weenie and shy prey? What a cute sign off!

Glad you agree. Written works are by far my favourite format, which is probably why I love pre-vore. Teasing is so fun!
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Afflatus » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:53 pm

I’m in agreement with OP’s first half. I’ll use Mugen as an example. If I have this vore character just eat and digest, it isn’t as fulfilling as actually fighting and even struggling against the opponent I want her to vore. It feels more earned and cohesive. The intensity of almost losing all your health and then WHAM! you land the vore move and the battle is essentially over, and you can sit back and enjoy the spritework in triumph. It’s better than walking up to the opponent, instant vore, health drain cheat on opponent... It’s more free and watered down, which makes it less in my sight.
Afflatus
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:43 am

Indeed. Seeing the prey going from her everyday life, to being forced to flee, hide, or bargain for her life in terror, to her narrowly avoiding getting gobbled up far more often than she'd like. It all makes the climax of her finally getting eaten in the end so incredibly satisfying. I especially enjoy stories about a predator stalking and sneaking up on their prey without their notice with the story jumping back and forth between the point of views of the oblivious prey and the hungry predator. Just something about seeing a cute girl go about her day, completely unaware that this the last time she will ever do any of the things she's doing. It really hits me just right.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:37 pm

Afflatus wrote:I’m in agreement with OP’s first half. I’ll use Mugen as an example. If I have this vore character just eat and digest, it isn’t as fulfilling as actually fighting and even struggling against the opponent I want her to vore. It feels more earned and cohesive. The intensity of almost losing all your health and then WHAM! you land the vore move and the battle is essentially over, and you can sit back and enjoy the spritework in triumph. It’s better than walking up to the opponent, instant vore, health drain cheat on opponent... It’s more free and watered down, which makes it less in my sight.

Yes, I see that's enjoyable. Struggles are fun. If the pred has to work for it, it is more satisfying. I like a pred to work for their prey by charming them into being eaten rather than physically fighting them, but I think it's the same principle.
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby FurryTastyTreat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:39 pm

DevourerOfLolis wrote:Indeed. Seeing the prey going from her everyday life, to being forced to flee, hide, or bargain for her life in terror, to her narrowly avoiding getting gobbled up far more often than she'd like. It all makes the climax of her finally getting eaten in the end so incredibly satisfying. I especially enjoy stories about a predator stalking and sneaking up on their prey without their notice with the story jumping back and forth between the point of views of the oblivious prey and the hungry predator. Just something about seeing a cute girl go about her day, completely unaware that this the last time she will ever do any of the things she's doing. It really hits me just right.

I've read stories like that. It's a long build-up, which I think helps you get into the story. By the time vore is actually happening, you know the characters eating and being eaten.
FurryTastyTreat
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion