An evolutionary perspective on vore's existance.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

An evolutionary perspective on vore's existance.

Postby THEholySnail » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 pm

I have read through many statements of people explaining on how they came into that fantasy we have in common and there is something fascinating with what seems to be the case:
You see, many of us started fantasizing about eating processes at a very young age. The reason often is a cartoon, a children's book, a comic or a movie. One might jump to the conclusion that the old unaware media is to blame for that, but I disagree. Keep in mind that swallowing thoughts appeared long before modern media. Think of nordic, greek, crystian or even egyptian myths. Vore was spread all over the world long before human globalization.
What if, those fantasies were never created by the media, but instead only awoke what always slept within us?
What if vore, is far more deeply rooted into our brains, (though not on par with human's celebration of marriages, the human's desire to believe in a higher being and the human's fear of death)?

It might very well be the case, that having vorarephilic fantasies might be an evolutionary relic of an ancient past. In a time before farming, our species was seeking and hunting. This means that we did not settle on a certain place to grow food, guarding it from others, but instead humans traveled from one area to another to take what they found. This phase was extremely long in comparison to our farming phase, making it evolutionary far more significant.
Now if we try to imagine what that lifestyle was like, well it was harsh to say the least. Food was not easy to obtain. Getting a good drink was not always possible, so it is quite likely our ancestors needed hope. A motivating factor.
Such a motivating factor, (and probably the bigger one) was religion, but what if we combine the tough nature of pre-farming lifestyle with vore? Wouldn't a pleasureful fantasy about a loved one eating something take the role of such a motivating factor? Wouldn't a tribal companion be more trusted if people knew he took feeding the loved ones (which in collectivistic societies emerging from dangerous environments includes most of the tribe) very seriously?
One might say: "but how come, a prey's perspective would make sense? How come being eaten by a dragon makes sense? The first results in death, thus ending the genetic path and the latter being not a loved one?"
To which my response is: given how limited technology was, a hunter in the wild might very well be defeated in combat. An explorer, searching for honey, might very well get ambushed by some sort of lion, a metaphorical "dragon".
However such a death can sometimes lead to a victory and thus food, a costly one, but in a sense the hunter is willing to sacrifice himself to fill the tribe's belly and the explorer who ends up inside the "dragon" will not return, thus warning his tribe, including the children of lion territory. And who knows, maybe the explorer within the dragon will end up bringing the dragon into the next explorer.

Let me know what you think? Is vore caused through overexposure to swallowing processes in media or do you think it always was one of many secret cores of human nature?
THEholySnail
Been posting for a bit

Re: An evolutionary perspective on vore's existance.

Postby Dage » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:00 pm

It's probably just a mix of how we process excitement and arousal (such as with bondage), associating eating/being eaten with things we're attracted to (from childhood crushes on characters involved in vore to just noticing someone has beautiful lips), and a similar biological quirk to why some people find feet incredibly arousing. I think that while it's nice to think about vore having a deeper meaning it's probably not the best to tie kink to spirituality, since I at least feel this is verging on talking about actual cannibalism both ritual and necessary and opens up some bad doors.
Dage
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:34 pm

This is interesting :)
I've also analyzed vore from an evolutionary perspective except not quite the same as you did...
Human sexuality is very complex and very plastic (not set in stone or it is mutable) i.e. it's easy and common for people to like really weird shit. The evolutionary reason behind this might be to get us to breed with things that are not like us. As to why that would give us an advantage, idk, I'm not a biologist.
Food / sex processes are very similar behaviour wise too, (1) first we hunger/lust (2) we feast/fuck (3) we are satisfied
It's not implausible that some wires get crossed and people are drawn to vore.

But in a sense the hunter is willing to sacrifice himself to fill the tribe's belly and the explorer who ends up inside the "dragon" will not return,

I can see this especially if this "dragon" is known for ravaging tribes, killing dozens, eating only a few... the tribe who occasionally feeds the beast does much better. This type of story is present in a lot of old myths too, like, I wanna say Beowulf?
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby skorm » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:44 pm

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby Houyo » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:46 am

It evolves my dick into a bigger dick.
Houyo
???

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:43 pm

It's nothing so grand. Crossed wires. Pleasure drive conflates different desires. Just enjoy it. Not everything needs profound meaning.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby THEholySnail » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:16 pm

skorm wrote:I think it’s a secret core of human nature , our perception of beauty changes over centuries to thousands of years , it used to be during the Middle Ages you Didn't want what was considered ideal beauty by todays standard , also I think those into vore may have a predisposition to growth and decay that through personal experiences or mediums consumed draw people towards it , I think it’s always been there . We like the image of what we’re attracted to with a big belly , although the paths that lead to it are many they will lead to the spiders web of different desires of what they want to see in vore , I imagine to people who have not ingested that medium it must look like chaos but as the saying goes what is chaos to the fly is order to the spider.

What you said about beauty is actually true, given that civilizations form their standards, their perception of things and even their moral believes on the circumstances that formed them. It makes it very likely that the aesthetics deemed as "beautyful" are not an exception.
THEholySnail
Been posting for a bit

Postby THEholySnail » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:30 pm

Dage wrote:It's probably just a mix of how we process excitement and arousal (such as with bondage), associating eating/being eaten with things we're attracted to (from childhood crushes on characters involved in vore to just noticing someone has beautiful lips), and a similar biological quirk to why some people find feet incredibly arousing. I think that while it's nice to think about vore having a deeper meaning it's probably not the best to tie kink to spirituality, since I at least feel this is verging on talking about actual cannibalism both ritual and necessary and opens up some bad doors.

There is no "deeper" meaning within evolution and no "spirituality".
Based on Charles Darwin's theory evolution is based on natural selection, meaning that a liveform's genes gain chances of being inherited to further generations based on natural occurences of the gene-bearer's surroundings. (Basically, if the surroundings is a dessert, it is unlikely lifeforms in there will get attributes associated with water-environments.)
There is no real depth within there, it is just cause and effect, isn't it? I also wouldn't say, something spiritual or supernatural occurs, since everything spiritual requires a spirit, doesn't it? However, spirit, soul and body are the same, they are all united as the brain, meaning that all our perceptions our thoughts and our strategies are a physical object.
So our entire thoughtful reality is being physical, thus also being bound to physical rules, just in a more nuanced and subtle way then in what we deem as "physical".
THEholySnail
Been posting for a bit

Postby SJ777 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:45 pm

Yeah, while the idea of this being some universal primal urge is neat and all, realistically it's more likely just a matter of some wires getting crossed in the brain between the acts of eating and sex.
SJ777
Been posting for a bit

Postby skorm » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dage » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:39 pm

THEholySnail wrote:
Dage wrote:It's probably just a mix of how we process excitement and arousal (such as with bondage), associating eating/being eaten with things we're attracted to (from childhood crushes on characters involved in vore to just noticing someone has beautiful lips), and a similar biological quirk to why some people find feet incredibly arousing. I think that while it's nice to think about vore having a deeper meaning it's probably not the best to tie kink to spirituality, since I at least feel this is verging on talking about actual cannibalism both ritual and necessary and opens up some bad doors.

There is no "deeper" meaning within evolution and no "spirituality".
Based on Charles Darwin's theory evolution is based on natural selection, meaning that a liveform's genes gain chances of being inherited to further generations based on natural occurences of the gene-bearer's surroundings. (Basically, if the surroundings is a dessert, it is unlikely lifeforms in there will get attributes associated with water-environments.)
There is no real depth within there, it is just cause and effect, isn't it? I also wouldn't say, something spiritual or supernatural occurs, since everything spiritual requires a spirit, doesn't it? However, spirit, soul and body are the same, they are all united as the brain, meaning that all our perceptions our thoughts and our strategies are a physical object.
So our entire thoughtful reality is being physical, thus also being bound to physical rules, just in a more nuanced and subtle way then in what we deem as "physical".

I mean, you talk about things like marriage and belief in higher beings being of a similar vein, as well as the idea that a painful, fatal sacrifice could somehow be made pleasurable. Sounds pretty spiritual to me, and is undeniably giving vore a deepness not given to other kinks, even if you're gonna throw in the idea that it comes from a biological place.
Dage
Been posting for a bit

Postby THEholySnail » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:19 pm

Dage wrote:
I mean, you talk about things like marriage and belief in higher beings being of a similar vein, as well as the idea that a painful, fatal sacrifice could somehow be made pleasurable. Sounds pretty spiritual to me, and is undeniably giving vore a deepness not given to other kinks, even if you're gonna throw in the idea that it comes from a biological place.

Certain things being similar across human culture has nothing to do with metaphysical concepts. In fact it often is based on very physical causes and consequences.
If one uses the physical eye, to see symbols of ancient religion, depictions of gods and heroes or artwork depicting philosophies, then that is a physical observation of ancient societies, likely having natural, environmental causes.
For something to be Spiritual, it has to be based on causes outside of what our physical body can perceive.
That means, if one sees, hears, smells, tastes or touches religious symbols, one experiences the observation of humans associating things with others, therefore all it is, is a physical observation.
However, if one claims Odin's existance, one is not basing that on what one sees, hears, smells, tastes or touches but instead one bases the claim on a concept surpassing our senses. It is beyond our perceivable physical world, it is belief.
Also I never claimed that pain and fatality has been transformed into something pleasurable. What I said was, that something as subtle as a fantasy can despite its subtleness, or maybe because of its subtleness, affect a brain's neurological structure, thus also affecting an individual's performance in battle/hunt/survival/sacrifice.
I also did not make comparisons to other kinks at all when it comes to what you describe as "deepness". There is a very simple reason why I have no explanation on the millions of other kinks that exist: I have not looked into them, thus am not capable of forming any speculation of their evolutions.
(Though chances are I will say they are physically written into human brains by physical causes, not by fate, destiny, or spiritual occurences, if I was to go through all the research.)
THEholySnail
Been posting for a bit

Postby okutrooper24 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:14 am

while yes, it is absolutely crossed wires, I cant help but think there is something cultural that flips that switch, especially at a young age. The idea of characters in childrens media being swallowed whole or cooked is not uncommon in many countries and It would not surprise me if it was common for someone who grew up in say, the 90s/00s to cite stuff from popular childrens media of the time seeding what would form into sexually stimulating thoughts as puberty happened and sexual identity took shape. i actually had an odd revelation along those lines for myself not too long ago when revisiting a thing i was nostalgic for where a certain thing happened in and upon rewatching a certain moment, a couple of braincells went off with "oh..... was that where that came from?", if that makes any sense
okutrooper24
New to the forum

Postby skorm » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:20 am

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby Itsuune » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:43 pm

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I can recall plenty of ancient legends in which the swallowing of a character by a larger entity is a major plot point which drives the narrative. I think the concept of eat and be eaten is a very basal one in our psyche, and certainly motivates strong primal emotions. It holds a certain fascination to be swallowed up, almost like a curiosity. The idea of overcoming the predator from within and escaping in a kind of rebirth holds a similar fascination, at least from what I can tell from the old legends.
Itsuune
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonic_Wolf » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:57 pm

An evolutionary perspective on 'insert fetish here'.
Dragonic_Wolf
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FishnorFowl » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:40 pm

I’d say the fetish is crossed wires and such though there’s probably something to be said for how culturally speaking these sorts of themes are popular usually not as a fetish but as like symbolism or something
And the popularity with normies for symbolism and stuff ends up accidentally contributing to people developing a vore fetish
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mokii » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:08 pm

Its definitely not that grand. Crossed wires mostly. You have to remember how long life in general has existed without our level of intelligence (unless you believe in creationism). An intelligent mind having to grapple with urges from its primal instincts probably leads to a lot of crossed wires most animals don't have to deal with.

I don't think there is any grand evolutionary reasoning for kinks any more than I think there is a grand evolutionary design to why we pick our favorite colors. Its just something that happens as we develop. I think people overthinking this stuff way too much sometimes.

Also I've said this before but vore is one of those fetishes that has WAY too large of a net to be able to come up with any solid reasoning the encompasses the whole. People that like things like soft vore with non-fatal, reforming, gentle and loving themes are going to have drastically different reasons for enjoying the fetish than someone that likes fatal, hard vore with focuses on pain and suffering and fear, ect. They might as well be two different fetishes outside of the single unifying act of someone being eaten.
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:58 pm

Mokii wrote:Its definitely not that grand. Crossed wires mostly. You have to remember how long life in general has existed without our level of intelligence (unless you believe in creationism). An intelligent mind having to grapple with urges from its primal instincts probably leads to a lot of crossed wires most animals don't have to deal with.

I don't think there is any grand evolutionary reasoning for kinks any more than I think there is a grand evolutionary design to why we pick our favorite colors. Its just something that happens as we develop. I think people overthinking this stuff way too much sometimes.

Also I've said this before but vore is one of those fetishes that has WAY too large of a net to be able to come up with any solid reasoning the encompasses the whole. People that like things like soft vore with non-fatal, reforming, gentle and loving themes are going to have drastically different reasons for enjoying the fetish than someone that likes fatal, hard vore with focuses on pain and suffering and fear, ect. They might as well be two different fetishes outside of the single unifying act of someone being eaten.

To be fair, neolithic humans had the same brain capacity as modern humans, just less education, obviously. I agree that it's mostly crossed wires tho, but there is that whole esoteric component in at least fatal vore. I forget what the exact quote was, but in faust (the play) I think there's a sideline about a homunculus throwing himself into the sea (Which dissolves him instantly) because of a desire to be united with the sublime (nature) even at the cost of his own existence, so perhaps that kind of wire can cross with some understanding of "the divine feminine" and manifest itself as some kind of power play. At least that's what it is for me.

I just got done roleplaying with an AI about a girl using me as a living dildo just to satisfy a sexual desire, but at the same time there was romance involved, and honestly it's some of the hottest stuff I've seen.

Plus, some good drama can always make vore better
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scratch » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:30 pm

Mice with Toxoplasmosis show a sexual attraction to predators, so the pathway probably goes a lot deeper than that.

I think you have to take into account that two, four, ten thousand years ago it was common for society to have things like virgin sacrifices and slavery, and it's impossible to know what the actual sexual makeup of humans was. Signs of cannibalism are common in neolithic sites. There could be entire submissive sado masochistic elements in sexuality that revolved around things we'd find brutal today, but the 'vector' is still there and vore certainly ticks a lot of things off depending on how you approach it.

There's also always the old freudian oral fixation/ anal expulsive/retentive relation to sexual arousal if you really want to go there, that I think ties pretty well to vore as a sexually arousing theme.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion