Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Unpopular Vore Opinions.

Postby IrwenTheForstersTern » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:25 am

you know i don't see many feral bird prey-types around except for one specific gryphon i keep seeing over and over.
IrwenTheForstersTern
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:14 pm

IrwenTheForstersTern wrote:you know i don't see many feral bird prey-types around except for one specific gryphon i keep seeing over and over.

I'm sure that there's a heron or two.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:20 pm

In stories, artwork or other media set during the events of a certain series, the characters in said series who are pertinent to the events getting eaten and digested. You wanna have these characters get turned into slop/pooped out? Fine, but don't have it happening DURING the events of the series they're in unless you specifically state it's an alternate reality. Some people aren't that inventive themselves and will assume the picture you drew is just during the events of the series/movie/book. Specificity helps suspend disbelief and helps people understand that it's not happening "in universe".
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:02 pm

ArcaneSigil wrote:In stories, artwork or other media set during the events of a certain series, the characters in said series who are pertinent to the events getting eaten and digested. You wanna have these characters get turned into slop/pooped out? Fine, but don't have it happening DURING the events of the series they're in unless you specifically state it's an alternate reality. Some people aren't that inventive themselves and will assume the picture you drew is just during the events of the series/movie/book. Specificity helps suspend disbelief and helps people understand that it's not happening "in universe".

Some folks have that issue.

My issue is when the characters aren't "in-character". I mean, make the vore seem plausible for the character. I mean, in the movie Rumble, there's a scene where Winnie is trying to wake "Steve" up by pulling on his bottom lip, only to fall to the side of the guy's face - I can totally see Winnie falling into his mouth, and getting swallowed by accident.

"Winnie, I just had this most horrible dream - Tentacular wanted to Tango with me. Um, Winnie?"

"Help! I'm in your stomach!"

"Oops!"

"Get me out of here!"

"Um, let me see if I can spit you up onto the training ring."
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bradleymiddler » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:16 pm

Winny wrote:There is already a ton of girls into vore on ekas. (The reason a lot of guys can't connect to girls into vore is because guys stay looking and creating content for guys. While girls REALLY like dem male predators. (Self explanatory, spread the content love and maybe the male and female portions of the community will actually overlap.)

I mean, I recall it being a truism that most people are submissive. Which equals prey, which equals seeking out predators you like, and I get a sense that vore gender preference follows sexual orientation. So for better or worse I think most of the male users of this site will never be too fond of M preds.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mokii » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:35 pm

Bradleymiddler wrote:
Winny wrote:There is already a ton of girls into vore on ekas. (The reason a lot of guys can't connect to girls into vore is because guys stay looking and creating content for guys. While girls REALLY like dem male predators. (Self explanatory, spread the content love and maybe the male and female portions of the community will actually overlap.)

I mean, I recall it being a truism that most people are submissive. Which equals prey, which equals seeking out predators you like, and I get a sense that vore gender preference follows sexual orientation. So for better or worse I think most of the male users of this site will never be too fond of M preds.

I don't know if that's true. I consider myself straight, but I've regularly created characters of the opposite sex and played them. I've always had a very strong separation between a character I've made and myself though. What you said is probably true of people that self insert, but not only have I never seen myself as the characters I roleplay as, but I wouldn't want to endure anything I subject them to.

I think its kind of like how some people, when playing an RPG, re-create "themselves", while other people will create a character they find interesting that is nothing like them. I, for example, almost never create the same character twice in any RPG with character generation. It really depends on what sorta options there are and what I find interesting; for me its not about self inserting. I don't think your real life sexuality necessarily has any bearing on the type of characters you roleplay as or with. It may be true for one kind of person, but totally irrelevant for another like me.
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:58 pm

Mokii wrote: I think its kind of like how some people, when playing an RPG, re-create "themselves", while other people will create a character they find interesting that is nothing like them. I, for example, almost never create the same character twice in any RPG with character generation. It really depends on what sorta options there are and what I find interesting; for me its not about self inserting. I don't think your real life sexuality necessarily has any bearing on the type of characters you roleplay as or with. It may be true for one kind of person, but totally irrelevant for another like me.

D&D 5e player here, and while I've attempted to do a few different character types, my older brother just wants to be a Tank, and just be a "Talk with my Axe, or sword, or bow!" sort of person. I don't blame him - it's what he wants to play as. So, if I can't get him to be a fireballing wizard, maybe I can get him to be a Satyr Barbarian with a Criminal Background. We were doing an Orc Fighter, and he was a Variant Human Ranger (who was, funny enough, the Face of the party due to being a Merchant with basically Expertise in Persuasion, and due to being of the Fey Wanderer Conclave, had a +7 there at Level 3, and Charisma was his dump stat) prior.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bradleymiddler » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Mecho wrote:[snip]
Serleena is a boring pred
[snip]

In my opinion that is.

Fight me :silly:

YOU TAKE THAT BAAAAAAAACK
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:05 am

I don't like "Good" Predators eating "Good" Prey and then just digesting them, especially if said prey is just forgotten about after the flush of the toilet, as if they were "just a meal to be eaten."

Don't get me wrong, I have some Fatal stuff involving friends, like with my "Their First Time", but it involves a sick prey that has no real chance of recovering, and a predator friend that, repeatedly, asks them if they REALLY want to go through with it, but the Predator's going to remember their friend for a lot more than just being a meal. Then there's my "Champion Dog Food" story, as well as "The Grand Escape" - Prey's last request is that the Predator names one of their offspring after them, basically.

Overall, unless there's a reason for it to be Fatal - ill prey, execution, murder, accident, torture - I think that a Vore Scene between a Good Predator and a Good Prey ought to be like a Sex Scene between a pair of lovers, in that both are alive for subsequent sex times. I don't mind regurgitation, full tour, or reformation, but a one-time fatal vore is worse than a one-night stand with a paid hooker, as you might find said hooker later, and have a second time with them, but in a one-time fatal scene - prey's dead, and the predator will never get to enjoy them again.

Now, if you got a guy that's always getting eaten with fatal results, but shows up in subsequent stories to be eaten again, I hope it's because reformation is involved somehow - magic, technology, some god's idea of fun, whatever - they are still alive because of it. I'd like to see more of the non-fatal stuff.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:02 am

alockwood1 wrote:I don't like "Good" Predators eating "Good" Prey and then just digesting them, especially if said prey is just forgotten about after the flush of the toilet, as if they were "just a meal to be eaten."

Don't get me wrong, I have some Fatal stuff involving friends, like with my "Their First Time", but it involves a sick prey that has no real chance of recovering, and a predator friend that, repeatedly, asks them if they REALLY want to go through with it, but the Predator's going to remember their friend for a lot more than just being a meal. Then there's my "Champion Dog Food" story, as well as "The Grand Escape" - Prey's last request is that the Predator names one of their offspring after them, basically.

Overall, unless there's a reason for it to be Fatal - ill prey, execution, murder, accident, torture - I think that a Vore Scene between a Good Predator and a Good Prey ought to be like a Sex Scene between a pair of lovers, in that both are alive for subsequent sex times. I don't mind regurgitation, full tour, or reformation, but a one-time fatal vore is worse than a one-night stand with a paid hooker, as you might find said hooker later, and have a second time with them, but in a one-time fatal scene - prey's dead, and the predator will never get to enjoy them again.

Now, if you got a guy that's always getting eaten with fatal results, but shows up in subsequent stories to be eaten again, I hope it's because reformation is involved somehow - magic, technology, some god's idea of fun, whatever - they are still alive because of it. I'd like to see more of the non-fatal stuff.

Spoiler: show
:silly: Everyone has their preferences, and you explain your enjoyment of your preferences well. Just giving you a sense of how there's those of us that love stories of "Usually Good" predators who have an opportunity to go bad and take it.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:39 am

Assimilation wrote:
[ https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/501/948/6e9.png ]

Spoiler: show
:silly: Everyone has their preferences, and you explain your enjoyment of your preferences well. Just giving you a sense of how there's those of us that love stories of "Usually Good" predators who have an opportunity to go bad and take it.

Ape shit is a very appropriate term that could stand to be used a lot more in these parts :D
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby alockwood1 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:31 pm

Always some one.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:40 am

alockwood1 wrote:I don't like "Good" Predators eating "Good" Prey and then just digesting them, especially if said prey is just forgotten about after the flush of the toilet, as if they were "just a meal to be eaten."

(Snip)

the Predator's going to remember their friend for a lot more than just being a meal.

(Snip)

- prey's dead, and the predator will never get to enjoy them again.

When it comes to scenes where the pred just 'forgets' the prey once they're gone? I actually find it bland. IMO, having the loss be one-sided takes the bite out of the scene. However...

I actually like fatal vore between friends or lovers? Specifically—I like fatal vore where they pred remembers the person they ate, and feels mixed about it. I like seeing preds live with the consequences of throwing away a life for a moment of pleasure. It's bittersweet, and can be outright morbid, but it also makes the pred look vulnerable and human.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:17 am

EnderDracolich wrote:

(Snip)

the Predator's going to remember their friend for a lot more than just being a meal.

(Snip)

- prey's dead, and the predator will never get to enjoy them again.

When it comes to scenes where the pred just 'forgets' the prey once they're gone? I actually find it bland. IMO, having the loss be one-sided takes the bite out of the scene. However...

I actually like fatal vore between friends or lovers? Specifically—I like fatal vore where they pred remembers the person they ate, and feels mixed about it. I like seeing preds live with the consequences of throwing away a life for a moment of pleasure. It's bittersweet, and can be outright morbid, but it also makes the pred look vulnerable and human.

Well, with my "Their First Time" story, it's set in a world were humans co-exist with lizardfolk, and said lizardfolk have a quota of able-bodied humans that they are allowed to consume per year (12), although those who are already dead, or are dying of illnesses, or have committed crimes serious enough to warrant the Death Sentence don't count towards this quota. In this story, there's a young lizardlady, that's trying to become a doctor, who gets a phone call from a friend. Said friend has a cancer, and has done everything that can be done - nothing has worked - and thus they ask her to help them enjoy their last day, as well as be the one to end their suffering.

Then there's "The Grand Escape" and "Champion Dog Food" - set in a world where humans are on the bottom of both the social ladder and food chain, John, a former Feral Human, and the leader of the Wolfe Family herd, has been plotting an escape, to try to save the human livestock from their fates of being sold as food or eaten. The thing is, he is in a strange relationship with his Master, Robert, where the lines between friend/livestock and Master/Owner have blurred, and John doesn't want Robert to come to any harm, in any shape or form, and thus sets things up so that it looks like Robert was the victim of a successful rustling attempt, meaning that Robert is going to collect insurance money, and the herd is going to be free.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:34 pm

Sounds like a cute and sad story! "Their First Time"
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:23 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:Sounds like a cute and sad story! "Their First Time"

Feel free to take a look at it. Part of the conflict is that the Lizardlady wants to make sure that her friend really wants to go through with it, up until the last possible moment. It even includes a few "Princess Bride" references.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadowWolfofPhantom » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:16 pm

Keeping in mind that most vorarephiles on this site are men. I don't like, point in fact, can't stand when characters who are canonically, shy, submissive, demure and timid, are always drawn suddenly OOC as aggressive dominant preds. I.e. Elizabeth Liones from Seven Deadly Sins, or Hinata from Naruto. If we're comparing vore to BDSM roles of Dom/Sub they certainly don't fit the criteria of "Dom/Pred" IMO
ShadowWolfofPhantom
Been posting for a bit

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:03 pm

ShadowWolfofPhantom wrote:Keeping in mind that most vorarephiles on this site are men. I don't like, point in fact, can't stand when characters who are canonically, shy, submissive, demure and timid, are always drawn suddenly OOC as aggressive dominant preds. I.e. Elizabeth Liones from Seven Deadly Sins, or Hinata from Naruto. If we're comparing vore to BDSM roles of Dom/Sub they certainly don't fit the criteria of "Dom/Pred" IMO

One thing is when character itself is good-aligned and yet can be chaotic, when they're devour evils as their meal.

And other thing is when they're use that kind of personality to charm their unsuspecting prey, until they're will realize how screwed they are, especially when their predators reveal their true faces.

But yes, I am can't bare with it, when in voracious content, some of dominant and uncaring predators are overly shy, timid and cute characters, especially if they're devouring underserved people, and then digesting them into gooey slurry, as they're will dissolve into nothing, that's kind of blandness to me.

And yet, some are really wondering, why I am have an preference for dominant, sadistic and possessive/obsessive predators, who are not some random shy guys with their cutesy vibes and personality?

It's because I don't want to see yet another femboy predator in my favorite tags, and I am will crave for well-dressed, attractive man with their hoarding inner evil within their souls, covered by shells of their outer appearances to lure their unsuspecting victims to be their sacrifices.
I am create an peace within chaos i have in my doomed mind ♪
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:34 am

ShadowWolfofPhantom wrote:Keeping in mind that most vorarephiles on this site are men. I don't like, point in fact, can't stand when characters who are canonically, shy, submissive, demure and timid, are always drawn suddenly OOC as aggressive dominant preds. I.e. Elizabeth Liones from Seven Deadly Sins, or Hinata from Naruto. If we're comparing vore to BDSM roles of Dom/Sub they certainly don't fit the criteria of "Dom/Pred" IMO

On the other hand, the opposite extreme is also too common: somewhat reserved, conflict-averse and polite characters being pigeonholed as subs. They might not be brutal and murderous, but that does not mean they may not become a threat if circumstances demand it.
And for my part, well-hidden (and plausibly so!) dark secrets are attractive in their own way. We predators make people disappear, after all - why should we not build a facade in public?
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby ShadowWolfofPhantom » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:56 am

NyaatoShiroi wrote:[quote="One thing is when character itself is good-aligned and yet can be chaotic, when they're devour evils as their meal.

And other thing is when they're use that kind of personality to charm their unsuspecting prey, until they're will realize how screwed they are, especially when their predators reveal their true faces.

But yes, I am can't bare with it, when in voracious content, some of dominant and uncaring predators are overly shy, timid and cute characters, especially if they're devouring underserved people, and then digesting them into gooey slurry, as they're will dissolve into nothing, that's kind of blandness to me.

And yet, some are really wondering, why I am have an preference for dominant, sadistic and possessive/obsessive predators, who are not some random shy guys with their cutesy vibes and personality?

It's because I don't want to see yet another femboy predator in my favorite tags, and I am will crave for well-dressed, attractive man with their hoarding inner evil within their souls, covered by shells of their outer appearances to lure their unsuspecting victims to be their sacrifices.

I mean, it's one thing if they're using the shrinking violet facade as a lure, but, for me when using characters from pre-established media and pop culture. Vore fanfiction is best enjoyed when they're at least somewhat true to their canon personalities. Especially if you're a big fan of the series. I've never seen most of my favorite female characters in a "Pred" role when I fantasize about them in a vore scenario. Yet seeing them in a vote artwork devouring a character that IS combat capable from their own series, that they wouldn't stand a chance against in their canon "universe" it kinda ruins the appeal, for me, at least.

[/quote] It's because I don't want to see yet another femboy predator in my favorite tags[/quote]

I don't know why femboys seem tohave blown up in popularity in the past few years. It's cringeworthy, I cringe every time I see it. I was raised under the beliefs that men needed to stand tall and be a pillar of strength and masculinity. But now media is brainwashing people into believing it's okay for boy to walk around wearing skirts and tutus. Back in my day, that would have gotten you picked on. But if course, suddenly the term "man up" is deemed as "toxic"
ShadowWolfofPhantom
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion