History of Vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

History of Vore

Postby Glithno » Thu May 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Hello, My name is Humble, and I want to know... where did we come from?

I know we all have our own stories for how we got here, but what about Vore itself? When did this fetish first gain a community? Did we have a history before the advent of the internet? Are there historical people who where interested in vore? What was the first vore-centric site on the internet?

I am terrible at completing projects on my own, so I wanted to offer this up as a community effort. If we can find more information on our own community, from the good, the bad, the historic and shunned, we could create a comprehensive document/documentary aimed at explaining what vore and its community is, from a completely academic and historic viewpoint.

If you have any information, please share! I will post what I find as well, but lets all work together to find things. News clippings, history pages, reviews, forums, screenshots, and anything else you think may be useful to find our communities history. If any of these attempts have been made prior to this, please link them as well.

Please try and date anything you find so that we can create a timeline of events. Also please mention any persons of note and a way to verify information, for example:

In April 2005, Strega's portal was launched by Eka (Source: https://aryion.com/content/rules-freque ... about-site)
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Re: History of Vore

Postby Ihumin » Thu May 27, 2021 12:44 pm

Before aryion it got its start in usenet groups and instant messengers. The earliest place where I've seen vore discussed would've been on alt.lifestyle.furry back around 1998.
Ihumin
Been posting for a bit

Postby GastricAztec » Thu May 27, 2021 1:04 pm

I first got online in 2000, and I remember a vore website called Big Gulp back then.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Glithno » Thu May 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Ihumin wrote:Before aryion it got its start in usenet groups and instant messengers. The earliest place where I've seen vore discussed would've been on alt.lifestyle.furry back around 1998.

Was this a busy group at the time? What variety of vore types where discussed? Where there any moderators?
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Postby Glithno » Thu May 27, 2021 1:18 pm

SamuelOrona wrote:I first got online in 2000, and I remember a vore website called Big Gulp back then.

Is this site still up? How active was it? Also do you know who created it or any moderators?
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Postby Glithno » Thu May 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Found an actor named Raymond P. Whalen "Ray", who has ties to vore. found out about him on a Creative Capital post about a movie called Vore King (2016), A documentary about the actor. That being said, apparently vore was a side thing to it, and so far it is proving to be a dead lead. The Director, Dan Schneidkraut, admits in the article about not knowing much about the fetish, but being clearly perturbed and confused by it. Judging from the interview statements, he truly did not care much about learning anything in regards to it.

Link to article: https://creative-capital.org/2017/09/06 ... rror-host/
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Glithno wrote:
SamuelOrona wrote:I first got online in 2000, and I remember a vore website called Big Gulp back then.

Is this site still up? How active was it? Also do you know who created it or any moderators?

A lot of the old vore archive sites like Big Gulp, Vor-com, etc. and also alot of net groups (Yahoo groups and such) are unfortunately gone now. This is pretty much the only site left for vore stuff.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Glithno » Thu May 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Dekkard2 wrote:
Glithno wrote:

A lot of the old vore archive sites like Big Gulp, Vor-com, etc. and also alot of net groups (Yahoo groups and such) are unfortunately gone now. This is pretty much the only site left for vore stuff.

If we can get some links I might be able to use the Way Back Machine to find some of them https://archive.org/web/
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Postby eatmeup » Thu May 27, 2021 3:28 pm

I remember Big Gulp. I am trying to remember the names of some of the people on there. I remember Adeline. She wasn't a moderator or site creator. But I remember she told me she got interested in vore after watching Popeye cartoon reruns back in the 1950s. Big Gulp was the main place I remember for vore on the internet in the mid-1990s. It was just mostly an index with stories. There were a few independent sites in the late 1990s on geocites as well. And there was also the giantessworld.net story archive. It had vore going back to the late 1990s, they're still around.
eatmeup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Glithno » Thu May 27, 2021 4:56 pm

eatmeup wrote:I remember Big Gulp. I am trying to remember the names of some of the people on there. I remember Adeline. She wasn't a moderator or site creator. But I remember she told me she got interested in vore after watching Popeye cartoon reruns back in the 1950s. Big Gulp was the main place I remember for vore on the internet in the mid-1990s. It was just mostly an index with stories. There were a few independent sites in the late 1990s on geocites as well. And there was also the giantessworld.net story archive. It had vore going back to the late 1990s, they're still around.

I did happen to find Giantessworld.net on wayback, but was having trouble loading it. I will try again tomorrow morning. As for tonight, I think i will be doing some digging in the Wikipedia page references for voraphilia (the page itself being quite barren)

Is there a way to contact Adeline?
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Postby GastricAztec » Thu May 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Glithno wrote:
eatmeup wrote:I remember Big Gulp. I am trying to remember the names of some of the people on there. I remember Adeline. She wasn't a moderator or site creator. But I remember she told me she got interested in vore after watching Popeye cartoon reruns back in the 1950s. Big Gulp was the main place I remember for vore on the internet in the mid-1990s. It was just mostly an index with stories. There were a few independent sites in the late 1990s on geocites as well. And there was also the giantessworld.net story archive. It had vore going back to the late 1990s, they're still around.

I did happen to find Giantessworld.net on wayback, but was having trouble loading it. I will try again tomorrow morning. As for tonight, I think i will be doing some digging in the Wikipedia page references for voraphilia (the page itself being quite barren)

Is there a way to contact Adeline?

Giantessworld. Net is still in existence, you don’t need the way back machine to view stories there.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby nslay » Thu May 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Glithno wrote:

The original site is not up, but devouredstories hosts a backup of it.
https://www.devouredstories.net/stories ... p/main.htm

Enjoy!
nslay
New to the forum

Postby BellyOfTheBitch » Fri May 28, 2021 4:14 am

This is something that I once tried to look into. As far as I can tell, Big Gulp was the foundation of the kink. Here is my own basic early timeline: https://aryion.com/g4/blog.php?id=19284

1995 - Big Gulp is founded by Sean. It is one of the first sites on the internet devoted to vore, and began as a single-page archive. A forum was later added about a year later as its popularity increased, in which the term "vorarephilia" may have been invented. In its final year a picture gallery is added.

The mission statement of the site was as follows:
"The big-gulp archive is for folks who are sexually turned on by the idea of a person being swallowed alive (kind of like a python having dinner, except that it's often a larger human doing the swallowing). Picture the giant swallowing Jack (of Beanstalk fame), and you get the idea. Straight and gay, male and female, swallower and swallowee are all welcome here.

Why is this a turn-on? Nobody seems to know, but for whatever reason, there's a substantial cadre of us who really get off on this stuff. If you're a psychology major reading this site because you're writing your thesis about us, please let us know if you figure out why we have this kink: we'd like to know!

What big-gulp isn't:

Big-gulp isn't a death, dismemberment, and cannibalism page (although digestion sometimes painlessly happens _after_ the live victim has been swallowed). Jeffrey Dahmer fans must look elsewhere.
Big-gulp isn't a record of things that have actually happened. This is fantasy, and most of the things described here aren't possible in the first place. "

1995-1998 - Other sites such as Voretex (a general vore archive) and Vor-Com (a site dedicated to furry vore) are founded as Big Gulp draws more members and content than the founder can handle

2003 - Yahoo enacts a mass purge of most vore sites

2005 - Eka's portal is founded
BellyOfTheBitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Fri May 28, 2021 5:33 am

I have to think it was a thing well before it was an internet community, since I was into it and drawing stuff that in retrospect is pretty recognisably vore long before I knew anyone else was into it; obviously I kept it secret but it slipped out in off-colour comments and in my fiction writing, which is how I guess it has existed for most of human history.

Mythology and children's fiction has always been full to the brim of instances of people being swallowed alive, and has always been told in sensuous detail and received with a mix of fear and glee by people of all ages. Using the vocabulary and imagery of adult kink to talk about what seems on the face of it like a somewhat pure and childish obsession might be new, but sexualisation of cannibalism and predatory beasts certainly isn't. Cannibalism was always considered the ultimate act of sexual degeneracy by puritans and libertines alike (see any denunciation of a rival sect by an early Christian church for examples), which has never stopped it being used to titillate basically everyone.

Personally I'm still undecided on whether the online vore community is a good thing, or something I want to see grow. I think the more people recognise and associate swallowing people alive with the worst excesses of kink culture, and obsessively explicitly sexualise it, the more it must inevitably be removed from children's stories, since most people aren't groomers and don't want kids exposed to depraved kinks (or, worse, groomers might come to dominate children's media, since they're the ones who'll happily show kids the giants and monsters eating people alive that kids want to see). I might just be being paranoid in that respect, after all furries are yet to destroy the anthropomorphised animal genre, despite being much more widely known and reviled.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Glithno » Fri May 28, 2021 7:51 am

In reference to what EmilyNidhoggr said,
I have to think it was a thing well before it was an internet community, since I was into it and drawing stuff that in retrospect is pretty recognisably vore long before I knew anyone else was into it; obviously I kept it secret but it slipped out in off-colour comments and in my fiction writing, which is how I guess it has existed for most of human history.

I have to think it was a thing well before it was an internet community, since I was into it and drawing stuff that in retrospect is pretty recognisably vore long before I knew anyone else was into it; obviously I kept it secret but it slipped out in off-colour comments and in my fiction writing, which is how I guess it has existed for most of human history. Does anyone know if there where any Funny Animals comics or art depicting vore? I feel like if there would be an "earliest example" of sexual vore, this would be where to look.

1995 - Big Gulp is founded by Sean. It is one of the first sites on the internet devoted to vore, and began as a single-page archive. A forum was later added about a year later as its popularity increased, in which the term "vorarephilia" may have been invented. In its final year a picture gallery is added.

On the note of Big-gulp, is there any way to contact Sean? I know I am asking for contacts a lot, but I feel like big names and "community leaders" will hold some of the best leads to the communities earliest history, as well as any challenges we have faced.

As for the Yahoo purge, I have never heard of it, so I will look into it. I also want to know, where there any smaller communities created after the Tumblr purge? It seems like events of this nature have a way of scattering communities of this nature, but sometimes new sites are created.
SirHumblePrey
Glithno
New to the forum

Postby Vorachist22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm

I first started out on this site in 2012 I am now 20.
Vorachist22
Somewhat familiar

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:14 pm

Vorachist22 wrote:I first started out on this site in 2012 I am now 20.

Mate wtf were you doing here at 11 years old? That's terrible.

Knowing that certainly puts your other thread about feeling ashamed of your fetish in a different context. Fetishes are supposed to be something you develop on your own in secret and that mature as you mature, not something thrust on you in all their gruesome depravity when you're too young to even know what you're looking at.

I'm so sorry that was your experience.

In answer to your question in the other thread, maybe "making peace" with vore for you involves remembering what it was to you before you discovered this hive of villainy at such an early age, and building from there?
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Vorachist22 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:31 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:
Vorachist22 wrote:I first started out on this site in 2012 I am now 20.

Mate wtf were you doing here at 11 years old? That's terrible.

Knowing that certainly puts your other thread about feeling ashamed of your fetish in a different context. Fetishes are supposed to be something you develop on your own in secret and that mature as you mature, not something thrust on you in all their gruesome depravity when you're too young to even know what you're looking at.

I'm so sorry that was your experience.

In answer to your question in the other thread, maybe "making peace" with vore for you involves remembering what it was to you before you discovered this hive of villainy at such an early age, and building from there?

When I was 11 I started having my first vore fantasies and was in a verbally abusive household. I didn’t know how to talk about my dreams and so I decided to look up what it meant. When I did I discovered this site and everything made sense. Your second question though is a very good question.
Vorachist22
Somewhat familiar

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:37 am

Vorachist22 wrote:When I was 11 I started having my first vore fantasies and was in a verbally abusive household. I didn’t know how to talk about my dreams and so I decided to look up what it meant. When I did I discovered this site and everything made sense.

Eh, still. Skeevy, skeevy place to be figuring stuff out.

Can't blame you for digging, of course. At that age (and significantly older, embarrassingly older) I would have seen the big "YOU MUST BE 18+ TO ENTER, NO EXCEPTIONS" sign and noped the fuck out, because I knew from experience that there was shit I wasn't prepared to see and could never unsee. But curiosity's a powerful thing.

Yes, kids have fetishes; I certainly did. There was a lot more than verbal abuse going on in my house (not to downplay how uniquely soul-corroding verbal abuse is), and it would have been great to talk about the weirder things I was feeling with someone on the internet.
But there's a reason why adults and kids shouldn't be sharing with each other about that sort of thing, and it's not just the creepy groomery vibes. The awkward process we go through as kids/adolescents, of experimentation, ideation, fantasising- as lonely as it feels, is how we develop an identity that's ours. We have the weird dreams, and we wonder "what's that about?" and then we spend years trying to answer the question, building ourselves in the process.

To ask the question, and then to have a thousand adults provide the most fucked up, complex and overwhelming answers, is to be robbed of that process. That's what I think, anyway. You get swamped by what the fetish is to other people, and you never even get a chance to figure out what it is to you. So it never quite sits right inside you.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion