Norse Mythology Story that was Goats Reformation?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Norse Mythology Story that was Goats Reformation?

Postby HungryNacho » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:36 pm

I was thinking of a story from Norse mythology, I was thinking of the story with Thor's goats and how it's basically like reformation vore, Thor ate his two goats and resurrected them. I know it's hard vore/cooking vore and feral prey but it sure kind of sounds like reformation in a way. sorry, I'm just being a Norse Mythology geek, but I suppose if there's a pred character that was based on Norse Mythology they have the ability to reform their prey. I don't know if anyone posted about the story before, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Those are Nacho Fries!
HungryNacho
Somewhat familiar

Re: Norse Mythology Story that was Goats Reformation?

Postby Trebortron3 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Funnily enough, I came across this myth for the first time just a couple of weeks ago. For anyone who's curious, it relates to Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr, the goats who drew Thor's chariot. Though they were his prized animals, he would sometimes butcher them, eat them, and then revive them the next morning. https://skjalden.com/thors-goats/

There's a similar Norse animal, Sæhrímnir, a boar who is eaten and resurrected every single day. Even as a fan of vore and knowing that, of course, this is just mythology, I have to admit that this particular story struck me as an absolute tale of horror. Sæhrímnir wasn't even being punished for anything. He was just a boar they liked to eat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A6hr%C3%ADmnir

In any case, while I'm not a fan of hard vore (both of these myths have the animals butchered normally before being eaten), it did strike me as something appealing to vore fans, and while I find the story of Sæhrímnir somewhat disturbing, I think I could enjoy a soft-vore story from his point of view, with the eternal cycle of being devoured and reborn just to be devoured again.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby zarpaulus » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:06 pm

I thought the thing about bones that break after the goats are butchered remaining broken after they revive seemed a bit arbitrary, but hey it gave Thor a reason to claim that kid as a thrall.
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:58 am

I thought about writing a story that Tanngrisnir, Tanngnjóstr and Sæhrímnir pass their powers (curse?) on to humans, so the animals can rest in peace.
But I never wrote it.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Trebortron3 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:33 am

Siuddithsi wrote:I thought about writing a story that Tanngrisnir, Tanngnjóstr and Sæhrímnir pass their powers (curse?) on to humans, so the animals can rest in peace.
But I never wrote it.

Ooh, if you decide to go back and write that, I'd be interested in reading it!
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby LucifersChef » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:19 am

zarpaulus wrote:I thought the thing about bones that break after the goats are butchered remaining broken after they revive seemed a bit arbitrary, but hey it gave Thor a reason to claim that kid as a thrall.

Like a lot of cultures, the norse tended to view that the afterlife will reflect the state of your body in the real world when you died. They were remarkably similar to the Egyptians in the way they viewed death and burial. The Greeks had a similar idea, with the myth of Tantalus

Tantalus wanted to find out in the gods were truly all knowing, so he killed his son Pelops and served his body at a feast for the gods. Demeter, who was mourning her daughter Persphone's abduction by Hades, didn't notice and ate Pelop's shoulder. The other gods noticed however, and horribly punished Tantalus (he was made to stand in a pool of water that would drain as he tried to drink from it, leaving him eternally thirsty). Pelops was revived, but had to be given an artificial shoulder made by Hepheastus.

Fun fact, Pelops went on to become Poseidon's chariot driver, until Poseidon discovered that Tantalus had also stolen ambrosia from the gods, so he threw Pelops out of Olympus. Pelops then went on want to marry Hippodamia, daughter King Oenomaus, a son of Ares. Oenomaus had heard a prophecy his son-in-law would kill him, so he had murdered all of Hippodamia's other suitors (side note: one of these suitors was a descendant of Lycaon, the first werewolf, who had also pulled a similar stunt and killed his son Nyctimus and fed him to Zeus to test if he was really all knowing).

So Pelops and Oenomaus have a chariot race over the hand of Hippodamia, but Pelops first goes and asks his old lover Poseidon to give him favour, as god of horses, and Poseidon gives him a chariot drawn by winged horses. Pelops, apparently not happy with just that advantage, then gets Hippodamia to convince her father's chariot driver to replace the chariot linchpins with beeswax, which would melt as the race goes on, in return for a night in bed with her. He agrees, and during the race King Oenomaus' chariot wheels fly off and he dies in the process. Pelops then proceeds to yeet the chariot driver off a cliff for the whole 'sleeping with Hippodamia' agreement.

Pelops then goes on to found the Olympic games, and his family has a whole horrible set of luck thanks to a curse laid by the chariot driver as he was thrown off the cliff.

Pelops son Cilla was raped by the founder of Thebes, Laius, and then killed by his half-brothers Atreus and Thyestes. His other sons start the house of Atreidae, which includes Menelaus (whose wife Helen was abducted, starting the Trojan war), Agamemnom (famous for setting his daughter on fire, marrying Cassandra, who could utter true prophecies but never be believed, and then getting killed by his wife's lover, who was also his cousin), Aegistheus (the only surviving son of Thyestes after Atreus killed and ate his siblings or served them to his father) and Orestes (who kills his mother for killing his father, then gets murdered by the goddess of vengeance).

Moral of the story, don't throw chariot drivers off cliffs.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion