Appeal of unwilling prey in vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Postby jaggedjagd » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:04 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Appeal of unwilling prey in vore?

Postby MerrySue1982 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am

For me unwilling prey can be cute without pain. I more enjoy the humilation. Of someone beeing reduced to food unable to fight back. Of prey that doesn't want to become dirty disposal.

But most I enjoy prey that not cares much. Girls that are just bored no matter what happens. Or prey that plays aloung even though it isn't into it.
The other extrema I like are preds that become unwilling preys.
MerrySue1982
Participator

Postby todomatsu » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:43 am

I really like vore a lot for the fearplay and power dynamic aspect of the pred/prey relationship. To me, a willing prey typically undermines that in most scenarios (minus say, something where a prey is initially willing and then regrets their choice).
todomatsu
Somewhat familiar

Postby EloquentOrc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 am

I want to say thank you to anyone who gave an answer.

In retrospective I could have been sharper on what specifically I was asking about. The same tags can mean very different things to different people.

But there was a lot of interesting responses and perspectives. I definitely feel like I understand "the other side" better now :)

There are several recurring themes in the answera and as a response, I would like to explain why willing vore appeals to me. Not to argue about who is right or who is wrong. But I have heard all of your perspectives and I would like to give you mine:

I am fully aware that characters who wants to and enjoys being eaten, is very unrealistic. But I don't come to vore for realism, I go to other genres for that. To me vore is completely unrealistic from the word go, except when ex. it is like a wolf that quickly kills its prey and prey is dead for the rest of the story.

It's like crazy comedy anime. Characters aren't behaving like real people would, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the characters.

And the unrealistic behaviour is often part of the appeal actually. That the pred is so seductive, the prey so horny, etc., that the prey wants to be eaten, despite the consequences. That they are willing to give up their life for the experience, give their pred a meal, etc..

Because I enjoy many of the same parts of domination and power play as you do. Safe vore usually doesn't do it for me. Because then the prey do not really decide to get eaten, but more have vacation in a stomach. There should be some acknowlegdement of the consequences, that the pleasure has a price. Even if the prey pay that price eagerly.
I rather like pain, graphic digestion, etc., because it is something so extreme and self destructive for pleasure. And a pred being to get the prey to WANT it is like the ultimate seduction.
If we talk in BDSM terms, willing vore would the dom that makes the sub submit by charisma, manipulation, seduction, etc..
While unwilling would be the dom using brute force to force themself on the sub and that just seems lazy to me. But thats just how I feel.

So yeah. Again I want to thank anyone who responded, I got what I wanted out of it. Maybe someone understands their own kinks now a little better by verbalizing them?

And thank you for the civil tone. To often discussions about people's preferences turn into flame wars.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:44 am

For me, among other things, it adds a sense of consequence, which I find really important. You take an action, that action always has results. You have unprotected sex, you get pregnant. You undergo breast/ball expansion, you deal with more fluid discharge. You eat someone, they're gone and you get fat.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby EloquentOrc » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:10 am

I did not know ball expansion was a thing. Learn something new every day :silly:
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby bunnyboy617 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:01 am

I've had this question too, I do not like unwilling as much as willing as I cannot imagine myself being unwilling in a vore scenario. I especially enjoy playing vore games when I am given the choice to be eaten willingly. Having that choice makes the whole act feel a lot more meaningful and sexy, and makes the experience a lot more immersive overall. Considering vore only exists in fantasy, I feel that immersion plays a huge part of the fetish.
bunnyboy617
New to the forum

Postby TheWanderingTrio » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:13 pm

Yeah I'm not that big of a fan when it comes to that sort of thing. If it's a bad gal eating an innocent girl that just makes me turn away in disgust sometimes, or the fact that we are introduced to a character right off the bat only for her to get eaten up by someone else who abruptly comes in. I'm not trying to say anything bad towards people who have a fetish for this sort of thing, but the only time where I do like it is when the good gal wins and they bad gal is fighting for her freedom. It is probably the only time where i do read on with a smile on my face.
If you have the time, stop by the plaza. It's always open.
TheWanderingTrio
New to the forum

Postby VoidicFang » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:27 am

Indighost wrote:Quite simply, Catharsis.

Remember moreover that we are not enjoying real-life pain and suffering, we are enjoying dramatic, fictional, fantasy pain and suffering as a way to purge and cleanse our emotions, or just make sense of the nonsensical emotions that we build up in the vagaries of everyday life.

I know literally no one who ever got a cathartic response to thoughts of themselves in horrible pain. No one is imagining themselves on fire to feel a release.

The benefit when it comes to emotions is not a purge or cleanse, it is called stoicism, where you think of the worst thing that could happen so that normal worries don't seem so big to you and you become more emotionally capable of handling them.

Enough of this new age scented oil healing nonsense talk "releasing the emotions" with words sprinkled in from the thesaurus.
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shugoki » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:32 am

VoidicFang wrote:

Remember moreover that we are not enjoying real-life pain and suffering, we are enjoying dramatic, fictional, fantasy pain and suffering as a way to purge and cleanse our emotions, or just make sense of the nonsensical emotions that we build up in the vagaries of everyday life.

I know literally no one who ever got a cathartic response to thoughts of themselves in horrible pain. No one is imagining themselves on fire to feel a release.

The benefit when it comes to emotions is not a purge or cleanse, it is called stoicism, where you think of the worst thing that could happen so that normal worries don't seem so big to you and you become more emotionally capable of handling them.

Enough of this new age scented oil healing nonsense talk "releasing the emotions" with words sprinkled in from the thesaurus.

I don't think that's what he means. You know that one episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine where Jake and Rosa are in jail, and the dirty cop who framed them is taunting Rosa, so Rosa imagines breaking through the glass and decking her in? This is kind of like that, constructing some fictional punching bag to dissolve in gastric juices. Envisioning this almost comically brutal scenario can help to vent and give power to the person envisioning it. That's not what I get out of it, but I think that's what Indi means here.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trebortron3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:06 pm

VoidicFang wrote:

That may be what works for you, but I don't think you can speak for everyone, especially when the person you're replying to said "we", implying that they're speaking from personal experience. As I said before, I personally don't enjoy really graphic digestion, but speaking as someone who enjoys fantasising about being the unwilling prey role, some level of discomfort and even pain (since I also enjoy BDSM elements) are a part of my fantasies, and it definitely isn't so that I'm more emotionally capable of handling 'normal worries'.

This is not to say that your interpretation isn't correct for some people. I imagine it's correct for you and many others. But don't speak for other people's experiences.

Also, referring to ideas around catharsis gained from fictional characters as "new age" is a little silly. Dramatic catharsis literally comes from the same century and society as the Stoics you're holding up as, presumably, true traditional interpretations of emotion and desire. Again, I'm not saying that school of thought is wrong, but it's no less "new age" than ideas of catharsis. So no need to be so dismissive of it.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Theguythatdoes » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:24 pm

I just think it's more fun with unwilling prey.
Theguythatdoes
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Houyo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:26 pm

Everybody is gonna be different. For example, a person trapped in agonizing terror gives me a boner. I could go on about the thrill, the tension, the raw emotion. But those aren't reasons. They are fun details. I don't know why I like it and I will likely never know. But boy howdy does the climax of ones who being send me through the roof.
Houyo
???

Postby Finnegas6 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:47 am

as someone who almost exclusively prefers willing prey and safe vore, it has been interesting seeing these perspectives.
Finnegas6
New to the forum

Postby Sitharc » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:11 am

Because it's the most realistic, even if the prey was into vore themselves... they wouldn't want to actually die for real and become nothing but fat and poop. They might be willing at first or think they would be, but once inside or digestion gets far enough, any previous willingness (if any) goes away.

Also the sadistic/cruel aspect of it as well, as also just feels more natural having to lure them into a trap or just simply attacking them or whatever else while they want no part of being inside of you... especially once they are inside of the pred.

It's more fun to watch a prey struggle and fight back, or even just scream, cry, beg, swear, etc as they are being devoured whole and alive while doing the same if not more once inside and the pain train gets going. Even if once inside, the pred let alone others might not be able to hear them anymore... :3 Or least not much or very well.

I'm a guy who prefers the prey angle anyway when RP and I still prefer this, but even more so if I'm somehow a pred. It can kill my mood/drive so fast when prey asks/begs to be eaten or worse... or way too forward or simply horny about it. Trying to act unwilling while deep down getting all horny concerning bout to be eaten or digested also tends to do little to likely nothing for me. You can be into it all you want behind the scenes/OOCly, but your character? Not so much.

Might be a masochist in ways at times, but that doesn't mean I'd want to play someone who'd be so willing to just toss themselves at and down the gullet of a vore model they met online knowing they'd die horribly. I'm not going to act like my character loves the feeling of his burning flesh dissolving away.

If a pred wants to eat me, they have to work for it and earn it. As part of being a pred in my opinion is doing the hunting, stalking, and luring of a prey... biding their time before they strike.

Gotta give props to a pred who go after unwilling prey and get away with it if they are able to. Much easier to do so when the prey is willing, but even then gotta be careful depending on the rest of the world you're using. Prey might be willing, but sure their other friends and family wouldn't be happy they disappeared, let alone DIED!

The sheer level of domination as well, taking someone and turning them into poop and fat.
Sitharc
---

Postby ThexOrion » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:33 am

Im broken please fix me help
ThexOrion
New to the forum

Postby VornyNegaPosi » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 am

In my head, it's just what makes the most sense. They will be digested, of course they wouldn't want that. Enjoying having your body being melted into goop just seems silly to me, though this thought is also silly since my thoughts aren't as realistic in the other parts.

The prey also moves in the stomach more when they're unwilling, which is something I like seeing the pred respond to. I don't care much about the prey, as long as it isn't someone important or unattractive to me.
Presenting: some sprite edits!!!

Image Image
VornyNegaPosi
New to the forum

Postby Ixtili » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:05 pm

For me it's about repression, the idea that the prey is someone who is repressed when it comes to intimacy and the predator is the opposite someone who has no boundaries even if they really should. I like the back and fourth the idea that the vore is still fatal or seen as scary or unwanted makes it work as a nice metaphor for intimacy on the part of someone scared of it. Meanwhile the predator is forcing intimacy onto someone unprepared for it. Digestion is a blurring of lines the prey is not prepared to have blurred but the predator sees no issues with. Or that's one way you could read it anyway. ^^;
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 pm

EloquentOrc wrote:I am talking about prey dying in agony and misery, begging for mercy and the pred enjoying their torment. I just can't get into this mindset. To me, the enjoyment of one's partner is an inextricable part of sex. Even in a fictional setting, I cannot imagine getting pleasure from someone having an undiluted horrible experience and only wish for it to end.

Ever heard of Sadomasochism?
Think of what you are describing as a more extreme form of it.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion