Less and less Felarya stories/writers

Karbo's fans goes here!

Moderator: Karbo

Re: Less and less Felarya stories/writers

Postby Cuddlekins » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:35 am

Oh God, someone brought that old shit up again.

Without revealing my identity (not that it'd be particularly hard to figure out who I was in that community :V), I was in the middle of that whole thing—had my name on the letter and everything—and I didn't think that I'd ever see it brought back up, lol. At the time, it seemed to clear what we were doing, but time and distance have left me wondering just... what was even the point? What did we even want to accomplish? We were young, invested in the community, and I guess we had a certain idea of how things oughta be, and things kinda got out of hand from there. If I could go back and give myself advice, would tell myself not to take it so seriously and live and let live and all that. It was a silly little fetish community and if we didn't like the way it was going, we could've just gone and done our own thing—which a few of us ended up doing anyway.

But yeah, FS def has the right of it. Some harsh words were exchanged, but in hindsight I don't think it's fair to call them out for getting defensive. We've all moved on and it's better all of that nonsense stays in the past where it belongs. Felarya was always Karbo's thing and shame on us for overstepping :c
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby French_snack » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:45 am

Thanks, Cuddlekins. That seems like a good way to close that old chapter once and for all.
My short stories (210 so far, 211th coming when I have time to write it):
http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=161506
French_snack
???

Postby MrMetroid » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:13 pm

BeGad wrote:A big division at the time was between people interested in worldbuilding Felarya, and those interested just in the fetish aspect. The thing is, there really should have been no conflict over this - its easy to have both. The problem is that two writers very much on the "fetish" side of things, FrenchSnack and timing2, were continuously condescending and abrasive towards the "worldbuilding" community. These two were also clearly very favoured by Karbo, forming an unhealthy hierarchy. Frenchsnack in particular is among the most prolific vore writers out there, and clearly felt that gave him a special role.

The thing with that though is that's... not quite what I've seen, going back a bit. Or at the very least that it wasn't a one-sided deal. I dunno who threw the first stone, but i’ve actually talked to some of the Felarya group members - current or former - and (in my experience at least) it's actually the “worldbuilding” community that seemed to be the more jaded one. In particular, four of the most prolific ex-members I reached out to were BlazBaros, Gregoyle, ShadyKnight and Tora044… and out of all of them, Tora was the only one I’d consider to have been cordial about why they left :?

ShadyKnight didn’t seem interested in a back-and-fourth, Greg apparently insta-blocks people just for MENTIONING the word “Felarya”, and Blaz disregarded my concerns about moderator-issues entirely to go on a borderline tangent about nuking the setting (despite the fact reboots and resets don’t automatically make for better quality content if the people in charge of standards are the same ones who let it sink the last time), seeming convinced that the two could not co-exist - heck, I’m tempted to say he outright ranted that it was all the "fetish" side's fault and that it'd have magically all worked out if that side were axed. :|

By contrast to those three, Tora was the only ex-community member who not only spoke amicably about the situation but actually articulated a reason for why the two sides were never able to find a middle-ground. Whether his assessment was true or not is up to the individual, but his reasoning (at least as I understand it) was that there were two very different directions people wanted to take Felarya - worldbuilding requires a world/setting that is willing and able to change as stories progress and at least some degree of serious plot, but the fetish side didn’t really want Felarya didn’t want to risk losing that campy, free-spirited vibe that made it so easy for them to have fun with, which was largely dependent on the preds always being the top-dogs with the food chain never shifting no matter who or what happened. I'm probably truncating that down a lot, though ^^;

Sure there’s examples of preds getting defeated, but they were generally considered exceptions to the rule rather than the status quo actually shifting and some people weren't satisfied with that - people like like lordmep with his Kadar or Tora’s own ideas for the Negavians getting more effective defending against or even besting preds as more groups, factions and tech came to their side. The other wanted things to stay same-y, not just to preserve the more "fun" side of things but the vore aspect - FrenchSnack's stories are a prime example; they deal with lotsa "slice of life" themes but not so much in the serious stuff like actual conflict and warfare. In the middle was Karbo, who didn't want to specifically exclude anyone from playing in his sandbox - though I think that might have been a problem in the long run; had there BEEN a sterner approach to that kinda thing, it might have been easer to head off a conflict. :neutral:

French_snack wrote:Thanks, Cuddlekins. That seems like a good way to close that old chapter once and for all.

Ah... not quite so sure 'bout that. The premise mighta been off, but... well, I can't really say BeGad was entirely off the mark about how Karbo favoring your type of stories helped push one side of the community out; it just wasn't a deliberate push-out like he seemed to think. Moreover, I get the whole "doing your own thing" bit, but... well, you're a moderator - maybe not back then, but you're one now AND the guy who currently oversees submissions to the gallery; if you didn't wanna be responsible for the direction the setting goes in, IDK why you accepted that role ^^;

And I get Karbo never expecting Felarya to get this big, but... well, it DID. It DID get that big, and once that happened Karbo either needed to take more charge of it or get someone who would - and if not then he needed to tighten his belt and shut people down, no matter how painful it'd be. Because he didn't, the community kinda caved in on itself when a divide between fetish and worldbuilding became more pronounced.

Case in point; the guy who revived the thread, ChristianBethel. From what I saw of his deviantart profile, he'd experimented with story ideas that could change Felarya and looks to have got shot down pretty hard for wanting the status-quo to shift away from the preds. a lot of critiques about canon-compliance got thrown around there... but I've seen stories get accepted to the group-page despite giving canonicity the finger; a lot of the problem seemed to be more from him wanting a group of non-preds who weren't doomed to fail :P
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby VariousWriter » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:18 pm

MrMetroid wrote:
BeGad wrote:A big division at the time was between people interested in worldbuilding Felarya, and those interested just in the fetish aspect. The thing is, there really should have been no conflict over this - its easy to have both. The problem is that two writers very much on the "fetish" side of things, FrenchSnack and timing2, were continuously condescending and abrasive towards the "worldbuilding" community. These two were also clearly very favoured by Karbo, forming an unhealthy hierarchy. Frenchsnack in particular is among the most prolific vore writers out there, and clearly felt that gave him a special role.

The thing with that though is that's... not quite what I've seen, going back a bit. Or at the very least that it wasn't a one-sided deal. I dunno who threw the first stone, but i’ve actually talked to some of the Felarya group members - current or former - and (in my experience at least) it's actually the “worldbuilding” community that seemed to be the more jaded one. In particular, four of the most prolific ex-members I reached out to were BlazBaros, Gregoyle, ShadyKnight and Tora044… and out of all of them, Tora was the only one I’d consider to have been cordial about why they left :?

ShadyKnight didn’t seem interested in a back-and-fourth, Greg apparently insta-blocks people just for MENTIONING the word “Felarya”, and Blaz disregarded my concerns about moderator-issues entirely to go on a borderline tangent about nuking the setting (despite the fact reboots and resets don’t automatically make for better quality content if the people in charge of standards are the same ones who let it sink the last time), seeming convinced that the two could not co-exist - heck, I’m tempted to say he outright ranted that it was all the "fetish" side's fault and that it'd have magically all worked out if that side were axed. :|

By contrast to those three, Tora was the only ex-community member who not only spoke amicably about the situation but actually articulated a reason for why the two sides were never able to find a middle-ground. Whether his assessment was true or not is up to the individual, but his reasoning (at least as I understand it) was that there were two very different directions people wanted to take Felarya - worldbuilding requires a world/setting that is willing and able to change as stories progress and at least some degree of serious plot, but the fetish side didn’t really want Felarya didn’t want to risk losing that campy, free-spirited vibe that made it so easy for them to have fun with, which was largely dependent on the preds always being the top-dogs with the food chain never shifting no matter who or what happened. I'm probably truncating that down a lot, though ^^;

Sure there’s examples of preds getting defeated, but they were generally considered exceptions to the rule rather than the status quo actually shifting and some people weren't satisfied with that - people like like lordmep with his Kadar or Tora’s own ideas for the Negavians getting more effective defending against or even besting preds as more groups, factions and tech came to their side. The other wanted things to stay same-y, not just to preserve the more "fun" side of things but the vore aspect - FrenchSnack's stories are a prime example; they deal with lotsa "slice of life" themes but not so much in the serious stuff like actual conflict and warfare. In the middle was Karbo, who didn't want to specifically exclude anyone from playing in his sandbox - though I think that might have been a problem in the long run; had there BEEN a sterner approach to that kinda thing, it might have been easer to head off a conflict. :neutral:

French_snack wrote:Thanks, Cuddlekins. That seems like a good way to close that old chapter once and for all.

Ah... not quite so sure 'bout that. The premise mighta been off, but... well, I can't really say BeGad was entirely off the mark about how Karbo favoring your type of stories helped push one side of the community out; it just wasn't a deliberate push-out like he seemed to think. Moreover, I get the whole "doing your own thing" bit, but... well, you're a moderator - maybe not back then, but you're one now AND the guy who currently oversees submissions to the gallery; if you didn't wanna be responsible for the direction the setting goes in, IDK why you accepted that role ^^;

And I get Karbo never expecting Felarya to get this big, but... well, it DID. It DID get that big, and once that happened Karbo either needed to take more charge of it or get someone who would - and if not then he needed to tighten his belt and shut people down, no matter how painful it'd be. Because he didn't, the community kinda caved in on itself when a divide between fetish and worldbuilding became more pronounced.

Case in point; the guy who revived the thread, ChristianBethel. From what I saw of his deviantart profile, he'd experimented with story ideas that could change Felarya and looks to have got shot down pretty hard for wanting the status-quo to shift away from the preds. a lot of critiques about canon-compliance got thrown around there... but I've seen stories get accepted to the group-page despite giving canonicity the finger; a lot of the problem seemed to be more from him wanting a group of non-preds who weren't doomed to fail :P

True. For me, Felarya is just Karbo's thing, always will be. If I make a place like Felarya, and it gets to the point where I need to take more charge or shut people down, then I know I'll have to do it, even if I don't want to.
VariousWriter
New to the forum

Postby kenrios » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:40 pm

For me, its particulary a shame.
This universe has a lot of fabric to cut through and maybe yes, it would be good to create a line of stories that were cannon. It's just that with so many stories out there it would be good for the community to come together and consider what stories should be in that cannon and make a more united lore that without affecting the original reflects Felarya's past and is unique. Anyone who would like to join thereafter please respect the cannon and don't try to rephrase it (or change the stories that are part of the cannon universe). Above all, do a review of the stories and give rise to stories that remain on the sidelines and that have a good quality. I have a story focused on Felarya and some characters that are of my creation, although I have not published it in any medium for two fundamental reasons:
1- I would not like to publish it without the approval of Karbo. I would like him to review it first (at least chapter to see what he thinks). Because it certainly seems to me that it is an act of courtesy if at least you are going to use the characters of a creator to notify him and if you can ask him what he thinks about his character, what aspects he has, the purpose I have in his development and at least see if he likes how I expose his personality certain traits etc ...
2- The above applies to non-Karbo character creators such as French_Snack (believe me man I have a folder on my machine that has all your stories based on Felarya and those of Aenhue that I like this verse too) I have studied them by looking the traits of your characters, how they develop, their personalities and their situations, how they respond to certain emotions or situations and many times I think that personally I would not like to publish a story that does not "fit" those parameters. Same for other content creators. I think it is an act of decency and ethics to have the opinion of the person who creates a character and not change those parameters without first having them. A simple example is the first time I read the story of the first meeting between Milly and Isham. The emotions that manifested when the giantess ate Peana are very intense and well written ... so much that I cried in front of the cell phone xd. My mom asked me what was wrong with me and I told her that nothing was a story I was reading. I think it would be sacrilege to alter the personality of a character like that. But for that to not happen without a doubt you have to know the opinion of the creator.
3-Although I am a novice writer I would like you to criticize my story constructively. What is missing to be considered a Felarya story with "quality" and for this the community is needed. But when one begins to write for a verse there are always doubts (at least for me) What will others think of my story? Am I not pretending too much? Will I not screw up the verse with this story? Who can help me define whether my story is poorly written and does not match with this style of writing or with the style of story that is expected in the verse? These are doubts that I would like the community to clarify for me.
I think the work is for users who like this content and nothing else. If we create content that everyone enjoys we should feel good about ourselves after all there is no better feeling than when a user supports you, likes you, comments ... and honestly I did it thinking about that goal. That is what I think Felarya is going to be destined for as a means of entertainment, leisure, reflection ... and happiness.
We life in a world that is cruel with us, tinies. But one day we will normal again and then we will be free of this nightmare.
kenrios
New to the forum

Postby TootLunch » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:46 pm

I’d never heard of this world before reading this thread and the whole situation is fascinating to me. Seems like a good cautionary tale about parasocial relationships, if you are unaware what that is it is a perceived relationship between a real human and a fictional character or real world person they don’t have any connection to. People who go create an identity completely revolving around their perceived relationship are the most obvious examples where almost every post they makes talks about how (insert character) is their lover and there are photoshopped pictures of them and (insert character) laying in bed together. From what I can gather this may have played a major role in causing such a huge backlash, my guess is that a select few people had developed a parasocial relationship with this Calina character wether it be feeling like they were friends IRL because they knew so much about them or that they had become attracted to their character. With huge events like this, if we could see every message sent about it from the start, it’s likely that it could be traced back to a handful of individuals who made such an apocalyptic stink about it that a cataclysm is the inevitable outcome. It’s actually a tactic that is used by specific groups in the real world, you make an intensely emotionally charged response to something no matter how correct or genuine it may be and then when there is understandable public backlash they can easily play the victim card and sic their followers against their opponents with little to no effort. While I doubt these individuals who started the Calina-pocalypse intended for it to do as much damage as it did, there is always a possibility that people acting in bad faith because of jealousy of the universes success or distaste for the fandom or FrenchSnack were mixed in.

This is all purely speculation on my part as a total outside to the community but I feel like these things need to be taken into consideration when making accusations of fault. It is very easy to be swept up by highly emotional content and people who were simply upset that their favorite character died but who would have been ok with it were turned into similarly charged voices crying out in opposition because someone else basically signaled that it was acceptable to be outraged and likely demanded that they follow suit through a call to action. It is very easy to get carried away when emotionally compromised.

Just some food for thought. I hope time can heal the wound and that the community can carry on for those who really put their heart and soul into it.
Last edited by TootLunch on Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrMetroid » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:05 pm

TootLunch wrote: From what I can gather this may have played a major role in causing such a huge backlash, my guess is that a select few people had developed a parasocial relationship with this Wem character wether it be feeling like they were friends IRL because they knew so much about them or that they had become attracted to their character. With huge events like this, if we could see every message sent about it from the start, it’s likely that it could be traced back to a handful of individuals who made such an apocalyptic stink about it that a cataclysm is the inevitable outcome.

Not trying to be mean, but “Wem” was the name of the story and actually referred to a character we hadn’t met yet — the character who got ate/the character people flipped out over the death of was a neko/catgirl called Calina, and it’s largely told from the perspective of her devourer Elli. Wem himself isn’t introduced till the very end of the story ^^;
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TootLunch » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:51 am

MrMetroid wrote:
TootLunch wrote: From what I can gather this may have played a major role in causing such a huge backlash, my guess is that a select few people had developed a parasocial relationship with this Wem character wether it be feeling like they were friends IRL because they knew so much about them or that they had become attracted to their character. With huge events like this, if we could see every message sent about it from the start, it’s likely that it could be traced back to a handful of individuals who made such an apocalyptic stink about it that a cataclysm is the inevitable outcome.

Not trying to be mean, but “Wem” was the name of the story and actually referred to a character we hadn’t met yet — the character who got ate/the character people flipped out over the death of was a neko/catgirl called Calina, and it’s largely told from the perspective of her devourer Elli. Wem himself isn’t introduced till the very end of the story ^^;

Edited the name to be correct, I tried to follow this thread and piece things together and it just seemed like people were referring to Wem as the character in question. It works though because Calina-pocalypse works way better than Wem-pocalypse.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrMetroid » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:18 pm

TootLunch wrote:Edited the name to be correct, I tried to follow this thread and piece things together and it just seemed like people were referring to Wem as the character in question. It works though because Calina-pocalypse works way better than Wem-pocalypse.

Again, not trying to be mean, dude... but that sounds like you're saying you didn't read the story yourself before you jumped into talking about it and the whole minefield it caused. IMHO, that's like talking about Iron Man without knowing who Tony Stark is or why he created the suit - it's hard to argue you've got an effective point if you didn't even read on what you're talking about first. ^^;
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TootLunch » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:44 am

MrMetroid wrote:
TootLunch wrote:Edited the name to be correct, I tried to follow this thread and piece things together and it just seemed like people were referring to Wem as the character in question. It works though because Calina-pocalypse works way better than Wem-pocalypse.

Again, not trying to be mean, dude... but that sounds like you're saying you didn't read the story yourself before you jumped into talking about it and the whole minefield it caused. IMHO, that's like talking about Iron Man without knowing who Tony Stark is or why he created the suit - it's hard to argue you've got an effective point if you didn't even read on what you're talking about first. ^^;

Not a dude.

I didn’t make any claims about the specific story or even Felarya, only my thoughts on the events in the community surrounding it based on what has been said in this thread. You’re welcome address specific points of my post if you wish to but it’s kinda obvious that you don’t care about anything I said and are only interested in shutting me down. So if you think I’m not qualified to speak on the matter, even as a possible outside perspective, then you’ve made your point and there’s no reason to respond further. If nobody engages with my message then I have no reason to say anymore on subject and this thread can go back to being quiet.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrMetroid » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:01 am

TootLunch wrote:Not a dude.

I'll be honest; I didn't think anyone still considered that a gender-spicific term anymore ^^; Heck, I've got female coworkers who call each-other "dude" without issue - just figured in this day and age that nobody really sweat that sorta stuff anymore.

TootLunch wrote:I didn’t make any claims about the specific story or even Felarya, only my thoughts on the events in the community surrounding it based on what has been said in this thread

Those are kinda one and the same, though; you can't really talk about the events in the community without talking about Felarya and the story since, well, those are the whole reasons why that happened - that's like talking about car having engine trouble and not talking about the engine. IMHO, how much of the response was unfair or toxic and how much wasn't would kinda have to depend on what it was in response to.

TootLunch wrote:You’re welcome address specific points of my post if you wish to

But that right there's half the problem; it doesn't feel like you really connected any of those points to spicific parts of the story - you didn't actually establish any cause-and-effect to justify the "parasocial relationships" points like, say, arguing the manner of how Calina's death was portrayed or how her death was or was not treated by the narrative in relation to how people responded. If you didn't read something - if you don't have that context about what happened and how to view the response in - than it just seems like it'd naturally be more difficult to make an effective point to others.

When you make sweeping arguments like that but don't make a case for exact causation, it can come across like it's taking from a very disconnected perspective - like you see fit to talk about what people felt and why, but don't see fit to actually see what they saw before judging for it (and this is coming from someone who *does* actually hold the blame to a select few over-reacting in a toxic way).

TootLunch wrote:but it’s kinda obvious that you don’t care about anything I said and are only interested in shutting me down.

Nope; it's just a friendly "check yourself", nothing more and nothing less - or at least it wasn't meant to be anything more or less - and I wouldn't have responded at all if I did't care about what you'd said. Personal experience simply taught me first-hand that people can be less receptive of your observations if you, well, haven't actually observed the subject you're talking about (like, say, talking about flaws and strengths for The Lord of the Rings when your only source of info was the wikipedia page on the series - an old shame from my younger days that I will never live down ^^; ).

My commenting on it was basically just advising to actually see the material you're talking about so that you have a full context - even just on premise of making sure there's nothing in it that would make you reconsider your views after you already said them (cause trust me; nothing sucks worse than to say something and then have your view change after you actually look at the thing you talked about - or when you can't adequately respond to someone's rebukes 'cause you didn't watch or read the stuff they're getting full quotes or explicit notes from).

Long story short; it was just a suggestion that talking about something might be better serviced by reading it beforehand, especially since your post already started off with an inaccuracy as big as who's death caused the backlash. At the very least, I certainly wasn't expecting you to take such offense to it - much less misinterpret it as being an outright attack. ^^;

TootLunch wrote:So if you think I’m not qualified to speak on the matter, even as a possible outside perspective, then you’ve made your point and there’s no reason to respond further. If nobody engages with my message then I have no reason to say anymore on subject and this thread can go back to being quiet.

Nobody called you unqualified, though - heck, you were the one just talking about how people shouldn't let themselves get carried away; it was just saying that it can only help the effectiveness of an observation if you actually read the material before you talk about it. It was meant to be some advice from someone who's been there and got burned for it themselves - it wasn't meant to be a diss, and I'm sorry if that's the way you took it.
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TootLunch » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:47 am

Link me the story and I’ll read it then and see if it changes anything.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrMetroid » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:16 am

TootLunch wrote:Link me the story and I’ll read it then and see if it changes anything.

This is the story FrenchSnack wrote; https://aryion.com/g4/view/299360
On the page itself, there's also a link to what I think is his deviantart journal detailing how things led to his taking it down/removing it from his series' canon.

Like I said, though; it's not that I'm trying to change your opinion. Heck, like I said before, I actually agree with the idea that people took Calina's death too seriously or personally - I just think it can only ever help to see the source of the hubbub first hand.
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TootLunch » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:34 am

Read the story, seems like the kind of thing that would happen in Felarya to me but the opinions there are obviously mixed. I don’t quite understand the people who think Felarya is supposed to be some fun lighthearted setting when reading the wiki there’s basically no way to be safe or die in a non-horrific manner without being an apex predator but without reading the rest of the cannon to analyze the overall tone it will just stay my assumption on the matter. I appreciate the link, I’ve now read the story and I feel like my initial reaction has been confirmed based on the journal comments and your own admission of being one of the few who helped fuel the toxic backlash.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrMetroid » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:12 pm

TootLunch wrote:I appreciate the link, I’ve now read the story and I feel like my initial reaction has been confirmed based on the journal comments

No problem. :-D

TootLunch wrote:and your own admission of being one of the few who helped fuel the toxic backlash.

I wasn't ever a member of the community, much less fueling the backlash. ^^; plus, i actually didn't get the hate for the story and disliked the toxic backlash (I've said as much to EnderDracolic in this thread - heck, i think i said that in my last comment). what i said was that i'd been guilty of talking without knowing what i was talking about before when i was younger (about The Lord of the Rings).
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TootLunch » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:37 pm

MrMetroid wrote:
TootLunch wrote:I appreciate the link, I’ve now read the story and I feel like my initial reaction has been confirmed based on the journal comments

No problem. :-D

TootLunch wrote:and your own admission of being one of the few who helped fuel the toxic backlash.

I wasn't ever a member of the community, much less fueling the backlash. ^^; plus, i actually didn't get the hate for the story and disliked the toxic backlash (I've said as much to EnderDracolic in this thread - heck, i think i said that in my last comment). what i said was that i'd been guilty of talking without knowing what i was talking about before when i was younger (about The Lord of the Rings).

My mistake, when you said “ (and this is coming from someone who *does* actually hold the blame to a select few over-reacting in a toxic way).” I thought it was in reference to the Calina drama.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrMetroid » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:33 am

TootLunch wrote:My mistake, when you said “ (and this is coming from someone who *does* actually hold the blame to a select few over-reacting in a toxic way).” I thought it was in reference to the Calina drama.

Well, "hold the blame to a select few" just means "I have a spicific group in mind that I consider most culpable" - and I still do feel that way.

Actually, to be honest, seeing people smear and attack FrenchSnack like that was one of the reasons (if not THE reason) I never joined the Felarya community myself. As others mentioned earlier, it wasn't the first time a schism happened - A few posts back you might see someone mention the way the community tends to have two distinct sides (a pro-worldbuilding side that wants more serious consequence-heavy stories, and a pro-fetish side that wants more lighthearted soft-core stuff). The way I see it, both sides suffered from the very kind of thing you talked about regarding personal investment - that a key few got too attached to what they personally wanted Felarya to be (be it their own fun little backyard playground or a story they wanted to build a serious ambitious narrative out of) and it swept up everyone else as it snowballed from there, even in cases where they likely never intended their actions to have such apocalyptic consequences (Cuddlekins talks about this earlier in the thread, I think, in how a group of writers who'd made an open letter to Karbo pushing for revisions in places hadn't intended it to become what looked to be a literary cold war).

For me, the worldbuilding side first suffered this when a number of them pushed for more change (like a "smarter society" that would start getting the upper hand on preds) and left 'cause of the constant headbutting getting nowhere - then the fetish side suffered it when the "Wem" story came out and made people feel like Felarya just wasn't fun to be in anymore. And while the community still exists, it doesn't seem as big or as active as it used to be and a lot of it looks like "new blood" with much of the old guard looking either gone or defunct. :(
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby Klyen2000 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:05 am

I'm currently in the semester break and have a surprising amount of time because I only have to study for a few exams. I am a very creative mind myself and I also like to write, but unfortunately I have no idea about the tools that are used to program the stories that I then write, for example, in the sense of text adventures.

I already wrote a prolog for a story and would like to share it here for free, maybe that picks up your interest for more to come:
Spoiler: show
Prolog (english):
Silvia lives with her little sister Feily on a remote farm outside of the fairy kingdom of Felarya. They live together on their farm between two forests, Tolkari Forest to the northeast and Teferis Forest to the southwest. It's not necessarily the safest area, as the fairies, despite their size and playfulness, leave the forest more often than usual. But as long as you stay on the land of the super rocky fields, you have a clear adventage as a centaur when danger is imminent or you have found yourself a suitable snack for yummy tummy time.

As an adult centaur, in contrast to her little sister, Silvia is a very unusual specimen of her kind. At first glance, you might think she is a completely normal centaur, feminine human upper body, the brown muscled lower body of a horse. But if you get closer to her, you can see her straw-blonde hair, streaked with red, which converges on her forehead in a flash, an old scar. The scar itself is barely visible, but it allows Silvia to cast magic and thereby have a mesmerizing effect on her opponent. Her eyes are a deep blue, but with a tinge of yellow, as if a storm were raging in them at sea and the thunder was beating down on the only ship. Silvia has, as her little sister always agrees, a cute snub nose and full red lips, along with a few freckles on her cheeks. When she smiles, to strangers it looks seductively wild and desirable; but Feily, her little sister, knows that her big sister only puts on her big smile for one reason. But these are not the only distinctive features of her. Between her well formed breasts, Silvia got a bright red symbol tattooed after a traumatic event in her childhood. But this symbol she only shows to those who are about to see the light of day for the last time. Her ponytail is also straw blonde but the tip at the end is black as if she could harden it and use it as a weapon to defend her back. Even her little sister Feily has always wondered why this is so, although Silvia tries to avoid Feili touching it with her fingers out of curiosity. At the age of 21, Silvia is already a full-grown centaur and, thanks to her genes, usually towers a head or two over most fairies.

That is why she does not necessarily see them as more than perfect meals for herself, even if they are still too big for her little sister or at least it seems that way and her little is being seen among the fairies as a treat without any problems. But with Silvia at her side, no fairy has dared and the few who thought she was distracted or too busy are no longer on Felarya, or at least not more than the form in which she had met them. But if there's something she likes better than fairies, then it's tiny creatures that call themselves human. Silvia just loves how they melt in her mouth while taking her time to taste them throughout and finally swallow them whole as if they were a candy with a special filling, through years of tasting Silvia knows exactly which areas are most sensitive to get the most out of the tiny bits of filling and delicious flavor before they make their journey into her belly. However, Silvia cannot yet fully control her own digestive system at will. Because of this, snacks she intended for her human stomach slip from time to time into her horse's stomach, which then hard and relentlessly processes them within half an hour. She loves it so much when they move in her stomach for hours, as if they were carefully massaging it from the inside. This contributes enormously to her own relaxation and at the same time reduces accumulated stress. As a big sister you can not watch enough after your little sweet cake after all and that really can be exhausting. Luckily these tasty snacks are an real recovery for her energy reserves as well a boost to her motivation to find more and even tastier ones for her and her little sister Feily.

Unlike Silvia, Feily has a very peculiar approach, albeit quite simple. In contrast to Silvia, who is almost twice as tall as Feily, who is only 12 years old. Feili also has biological characteristics of deer, mandrakes and lamias. Feily had a very difficult past before she met Silvia. Silvia is not her biological sister, but took her in after seeing the horrors the fairy kingdom inflicted on her biological research and curiosity about what a hybrid of centaurs, mandrakes and lamias would look and of course eventually taste like. The result is Feily, previously also called: Item 003. Silvia saved Feily from the clutches of the fairies when she was 12 years old herself but how she managed that is another story to be told. Feily was only 3 years old at the time, but she has neither forgotten nor forgiven her horrors and her fear of fairy creatures. For her, Silvia is a heroine and a great role model and accompanies her every step of the way. Over the years, Feily has experienced both the good and bad sides of Silvia and has learned to love and appreciate both. As with the female deer, Feily herself has no antlers, but only two white bone points which an antler could potentially grow. But much is unknown to the two siblings about Feily's body and further development. So at the moment they can only speculate if Feily will actually grow antlers or if these bones serve a completely different purpose. Feily has a small round face, and besides her feminine deer ears, which are bright red, she has snow-white hair that blows shoulder-length in the wind as she rushes to her sister. Her skin is very fair, though not entirely white, and her eyes are a bright red, varying in color depending on her mood, the sadder and depressed the darker they become. Silvia can still remember what they looked like when Feily endured terrible pain and suffering. The eyes were pitch black, but the inner pupils were golden. As if a solar nova were ignited within them and the moment of implosion captured. But this was the first and last time since she experienced this. No matter when she looks into her eyes, she sees a radiant red in the pupils and when Feily gets one of her special treats, Silvia thinks she sees golden sparks dancing in them, as if a long-extinguished fire is rekindled.

Feily does not ingest her food like most creatures in Felarya, instead taking it orally through her mouth, Feily has developed a special method thanks to her combined biological traits of centaur, mandrake, and lamia. Like Silvia, Feily has the female upper body of a woman and the lower body of a horse, but the two halves do not flow seamlessly into one another as in Silvia, but are decorated with lianas and small flowers, as if she had a swimming pool ring made of plants. But this one is only very fine and dainty, as if it would hold both halves together. Over time, Feily has learned to match her complexion, so that outsiders take her for a very ordinary centaur, at least as ordinary as one can be with snow-white shoulder-length hair and bright red pupils. In contrast to Silvia, Feily doesn't have a ponytail either, just a small white tail, like one would find on ordinary deer in nature. But under certain circumstances, Feily can do more with it than just happily wave it from left to right. But probably the most outstanding feature, as already mentioned, is their way of consuming new food. Thanks to the biological crossing of the three races, Feily is able to get far larger prey in her stomach than herself. But to do this, the prey must first be severely weakened or immobilized, which it can do with its Mandrake abilities. For example, once she gets an unconscious fairy from Silvia, her vines wrap around her prey's body from her feet up and where her vagina is, said openings and gets bigger and bigger at the bottom half of the horse, her more feminine upper body remains intact. Finally, she first leads her feet into the salivating vagina with strands, where a large forked tongue is already happily waiting to receive and taste her. Piece by piece, her much larger prey disappears into Feily's stomach, taking a lot of time, just like Silvia, to taste the rare victim and carefully explore every single part of her body with her tongue. Until finally only the head is out. Feily, who has her own way of expressing her affection, bends down to her prey with a smile, licks both cheeks with her much smaller lamia tongue, and finally bends down to her lips and French kisses her deeply, while she looks deep into her eyes and said golden sparkles dance in her eyes.

Eventually, she slowly detaches and slurps the head in with the much larger tongue, sealing her prey's fate. It is true that Feily is initially immobilized because she has not yet developed the strength to move on with such a full horse's stomach. However, she has a frighteningly precise control over her systems and can promote, slow down or completely stop digestion at will, in order to continue listening to the begging and pleading of the fairies until she is satisfied. It is not uncommon for such a delicious meal to end in a pleasurable orgy with her big sister, and since Feily is usually overwhelmed by feelings at the moment of her orgasm, these are transferred directly to her prey in her body. In the already very narrow stomach, the fairy is finally squeezed even further from all sides, while saliva drips down on them from above and the stomach acid slowly fills up from below. But despite her abysmal hatred, she never lets her prey feel pain or suffering during digestion, only pure pleasure and bliss. So that she can prove to them that not only she is right, but she is capable of far more than the fairies will ever be. However, she mostly takes her absolute delicacies, the tiny human morsels, through her mouth, but since she only has a very small human stomach and is still in the middle of growth, it fills up very quickly and she uses her best alternative. Unlike her human half, her horse half is far better suited to higher capacities, but since the front entrance would be far too large for the tiny ones, she prefers to feel them dig into her arnally and slide them down her body to her stomach. Together, the two siblings are two perfectly normal centaurs, but their fondness for snacks and their affection for one another make them an unbeatable team. Who love to fill their bellies at the expense of others and lose themselves in each other.

Silvia and Feily's ancestors were desert nomads from the Akaptor Desert to the west, but increasingly harsh climates over the past few centuries have made surviving and finding sustenance for the centaurs' large, strong, and lithe bodies almost impossible. 1000 years ago the desert was green and a kingdom of its own for the centaurs, but now all that remains is a nearly buried palace in the heart of the desert. Three great towers still stand out and the entrances have long been sealed and buried by the sand... but should one really want to search for the history or treasures buried deep within the palace. The palace can still be entered through the windows of the towers, even if other, much more resistant, dangerous and probably very voracious beings have already settled in over time. As a result, attempts by previous salvage crews were always unsuccessful... mainly because none of them returned from there. That is why the buried palace is also called the palace of no return among the centaurs.

But this is of little concern to our protagonists Silvia and Feily, at least until that event...

I don't know the Felarya stories fully either, but I'm really excited about what I've read and the project on the Vore Game Forums and would love to contribute content in the form of text, but I have no idea about programming (or rather just java -programs from the school) or which tools are used for this here.

There is probably a forum for this which I haven't found yet, it would be cool if someone could help me with that :)

LG Klyen2000
Klyen2000
Been posting for a bit

Postby HeavenlessStar » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:18 am

Cuddlekins wrote:Oh God, someone brought that old shit up again.

Without revealing my identity (not that it'd be particularly hard to figure out who I was in that community :V), I was in the middle of that whole thing—had my name on the letter and everything—and I didn't think that I'd ever see it brought back up, lol. At the time, it seemed to clear what we were doing, but time and distance have left me wondering just... what was even the point? What did we even want to accomplish? We were young, invested in the community, and I guess we had a certain idea of how things oughta be, and things kinda got out of hand from there. If I could go back and give myself advice, would tell myself not to take it so seriously and live and let live and all that. It was a silly little fetish community and if we didn't like the way it was going, we could've just gone and done our own thing—which a few of us ended up doing anyway.

But yeah, FS def has the right of it. Some harsh words were exchanged, but in hindsight I don't think it's fair to call them out for getting defensive. We've all moved on and it's better all of that nonsense stays in the past where it belongs. Felarya was always Karbo's thing and shame on us for overstepping :c

Man, you hit the nail on the head. But for me, it was a matter of respect and people not taking inspiration from my ideas without acknowledging me and undermining what I was doing in the process. The day that finally broke me is when Karbo uploaded a picture of a harpy with a headband and a hairstyle just like my OC Helia. I felt like the rug was pulled out from under me. While a person has to be credited for ideas, they apparently don't have to be credited when someone clearly takes inspiration from their ideas, leaving them holding an idea that will now never be canon in the way they envisioned. And I never asked for my ideas to be removed from the wiki (which ended up happening). I rage quit in 2013 and deactivated my DA account, losing a lot of work that I had put into Felarya. But like you said, shame on me for not understanding from the start that we were merely providing ideas, not collaborating.
HeavenlessStar
New to the forum

Postby Jaybeezy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Dang, it’s been quite a long time since I’ve actually made any post on the Eka’s forums; last one was probably in the Vore Game category. I felt I should make a post here because it is an important topic to me and I have written a number of (never published anywhere) stories myself. I apologize for the wall of text, but I have a bit to get off my chest regarding this matter.
Felarya has a very special place in my heart because it was what introduced me to giantess vore and was the first vore community I had ever heard of. When I first started realizing I had this fetish (vore broadly) and I found out what it was called, I was only into large animals eating people, like in MercilessNature’s old early 2010s animations on YT. When I discovered Karbo’s work it instantly clicked with me.
After looking through his entire DA gallery and wanting more, I looked at the wiki and read every single entry, eagerly searching for more information. I found it utterly fascinating. Like, there’s pages and pages of unique plant and animal life with enough detail and description for people to use them in their stories. I immediately fell wholly in love with the world and started writing my own stories, not really thinking of ever uploading them anywhere for the most part. I believe this would have been around 2015, early 2016. Karbo made that fun little joke piece called “Menyssan For President” and I took the concept and wrote a very very long story based on it. My ASD hyperfixation had found its target for the time, and I thought of little else. The story was not well written or well thought out, took significant liberties with the personalities and behaviors of Karbo’s characters and the physics and principles of the world (eg Anna using her electric powers to zap open a portal/rift to wherever specifically she wanted on a specific other world), and was poorly organized, with new ideas being added to the future plot so often that after writing probably almost a hundred pages worth I had covered less than a third of what I wanted to include. I eventually gave up as I realized I would never finish it and it was not anything close to good enough quality to ever share anywhere with anyone.
I was a huge fan of the Felarya Park concept and particularly Timing2s entries with the orchid mantoid girl. I quite enjoyed DaiYoukai-Sama’s work as well, especially My Wife is a Fairy. By around 2017 however, I began to notice that there was less and less Felarya content coming out, on DA or on Eka’s. The forum is largely dead. The wiki has not been meaningfully updated in years. The felarya tag here on Eka’s is sparsely used on new work. Most artists who are or were involved in the community don’t upload very often, and most of it isn’t Felarya related.
With the exception of a select few authors such as FrenchSnack, and a handful of artists like Vaderaz, the world of Felarya and its characters seem to be in limbo. Even looking at this whole “Karbo’s City” section of the forum, of 53 threads 38 of them haven’t had a reply within the past decade. Only a total of 6 were replied to within the past 5 years and only 2 were made in that time. Even during 2020 when half the developed world was on lockdown there was no real resurgence of interest, at least not one that precipitated community engagement. Karbo’s Eka’s gallery has 15 uploads within the past year. Not bad! But his patreon has nearly 100 posts, most images, within the past 365 days. Of them, about 37 are individual unique works rather than WIPs or variations. Most of these are Felarya pieces and all or almost all of the reward sketch sets include at least one related request. I think it’s clear that Karbo himself still cares for the world he started and the characters he made. The few remaining content creators that still make Felarya content like FrenchSnack or Prinny clearly still care enough at least about their own OCs within the world to share their related work online. It is my belief that interest in the concept still exists and there are likely many creators who left after the Wem debacle or just petered out and stopped making things over time who still appreciate the concept of Felarya and what the community once was.
The question is, how to rekindle the interest? How can those of us who still care enough to keep appraised of updates and fondly remember the days of massive community collaboration create in others that same sense of wonder and excitement that I felt when I first started reading through the wiki? Felarya isn’t dead, but sometimes it feels like it’s in a coma and on life support in the form of its loving parents (Karbo) and close friends (the handful of remaining creators). I’m sure there are a lot of talented up-and-coming or just-starting-to-create GTS vore authors and artists who would find the setting right up their alley but simply haven’t heard of it. We may never get some of the old writers back. Daiyoukaisama may be gone from the community forever, but “Anko’s Secret” and “My Wife is a Fairy” can continue to inspire new works or get newcomers interested in Felarya. There must be some way to restart the passion, lure back some of the old greats, and bring in new ideas and creators. The major issues brought up in that one google drive letter to Karbo, namely quality control and better coordination between DA, the Wiki, and the Forums, as well as serious community issues mentioned here in this thread like the rift between the “Felarya is about fantasy worldbuilding in a vore oriented setting” and the “Felarya is about vore in a unique setting” factions, will still need to be addressed in one way or another. We can discuss how FrenchSnack killing off a beloved character in a story that felt out of place was in hindsight a mistake or how artists require criticism in order to improve effectively all day long but assigning blame and pointing out what went wrong won’t help the situation unless we use those lessons to get back on our feet with a more stable foundation.
The crumbling of this unique and special community was a tragedy, but it doesn’t have to be the thing that essentially ended all potential for this concept. I’m tired of wondering if Felarya will ever be restored to its former creative and engaging glory.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I apologize for the novel, but as mentioned in the first paragraph I really felt the need to get this off my chest after reading through this thread. If anyone has thoughts on how the community could rebuild, please share.

TL;DR: Felarya has a lot of emotional importance to me as it got me into the vore community and into writing, and it filled me with wonder. It is sad that the community has fallen apart so much and it’s very much barely alive. But interest still exists and enough people still care about it that it’s possible to resurrect it by rekindling the sense of wonder and excitement it brought when it was brand new.
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Karbo's City